November 28, 2014 | 1032 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Avalon Organics Botanicals - Vitamin C Revitalizing Eye Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2010 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Harsiese

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have to say, that this product is the most bang for your buck that I have found. Ive tried Korres eye gel which turned my eyes a dark red purple, philosophy which hardly moisturized an just sat there, estee lauder which was not anything notable aside from the TINY jar from whence it came, Garnier, olay and befine which also made my eyes horribly red/purple.

I have VERY dry skin. Dry to a point where gels are a no no as well as any lotion with caffeine. I was desperate to find a solution that wasnt $90 for a lousy half ounce. I have tried it for a few days now an I have to say that I am impressed. It moisturizes ALLOT. Seeps in quickly making it really nice under makeup an to mix with under eye concealer (though only use just a smidge!) Using this with bobbi brown eye balm at night really does the trick. (my eyes were really bad...to the point of burning an peeling so for any normal person, this alone is more then fine) With these, my pseudo fine wrinkles from dryness instantly disappear.

As far as brightening goes, I havent had it long enough. Im sure with time itll do a bit of brightening, but if that is your main concern I would use this mixed with or la roche vitamin C cream.

I think the price is unbeatable. Its $20 at the grocery store I buy this from, but at 1oz, thats only $10 for the .5 oz you normally get. I only found one other gel that cheap. Even the cheap drugstore brands want at least $14 per .5 oz.

The packaging is nice. A heavy bottle an the push dispenser is very easily controlled (though one full pump is WAY too much).

Overall this product has impressed me enough to write my first review on this server, and has done so in only a few days. I think this eye cream is a very good fit for allot of people. The only people I would hesitate is if they had really oily lids an skin. Then I would say to go to a gel an stay away from creams. Period. But that has nothing to do with the product itself. I will definitely be repurchasing this product. Its a great product an is very affordable. :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2010 11:52:00 PM More reviews by orgasmicorganic

this is simply THE BEST eye cream available. believe me, that when I say that I've tried them all, i really have. I've tried many other organic lines (kiss my face, derma e, dr.hauschka, burt bees), i've tried high end or department (bobbi brown gel, clinique's eye, elemis eye serum), i've also tried the Dream Products eye lift that MUA raves and raves over. Let me end your search early here and now, if I could name the top five eye creams/serum, it would be this.

1. Avalon's eye cream (a pure must have)!
2. Caudalie's eyes and lips serum
3. Origins Ginzing
4. Burt Bee's serum with rose of attar
5. Dream Eye products 3-in-1 gel (aloe base)

Okay, onto the review!

PACKAGING: a pump!? do I see a pump? Boasting quality like Caudalie with better ingredients and a lower price tag. Pure love for this eye cream!

PRICE/VALUE: you get one fluid oz (most eye creams sport this size) for $25 (regular price) at Whole Foods, but i have found it online for as low as $10 ($15 with shipping and handling). Vitacost is by far my favorite no fail site, and I usually order products over $100+ total so the shipping is barely nada at all. You can find it on vitacost for usually $14.22. a PURE steal (emphasis on pure). yes, with most eye creams, a little goes a long way.

HOW TO USE: start from the outer corners of your eyelid, work your way inward toward the nose, dabbing. (be very gentle) make sure your fingers are clean, and half a pea is more than enough for both eyes. product sinks right in. perfect for am use as it has Vitamin C, but I use it whenever my eyes feel dry or look less than ideal.

INGREDIENTS: Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C ester) and Ester-C (mineral ascorbates). Certified organic aloe vera barbadensis and lavender hydrosol(lavandula officinalis), certified organic extracts of chamomile (chamomilla recutita) and green tea (camellia sinensis), vegetable glycerin, octyl palmitate, glyceryl stearate, liposomes of superoxide dismutase, certified organic sunflower (helianthus annuus) oil, borage seed (borago officinalis) oil, pycnogenol, tocopherol and tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), panthenol (pro-vitamin B5), cucumber (cucumis sativus) extract, methyl/propylparaben, and pure essential oils.

BOTTOM LINE: I DISLIKE that it has parabans in it (very low on the list, but ever present), but for the low price, you can only expect so much. Also, the result is perfect. No eye cream has improved my eye area so drastically. Caudalie's is comparable to this, but keep in mind it is a serum and not an eye cream, so it isn't super moisturizing like this. Also, bare in mind, the price tag of Caudalie is never going to be anywhere near this.

WOULD I REPURCHASE? you know it.

22 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2010 11:04:00 AM More reviews by hornet82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this for about 3 weeks and I have definitely noticed my eye area is brighter and smoother. As far as wrinkles go, they havent changed much. But I love the texture of this cream. I also love that it sinks in right away and is super moisturizing. The bottle it comes in is great and you get a lot for the money. I will re purchase this!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2010 10:53:00 PM More reviews by thisisestee

I bought mine at Whole Foods, on sale, and though I have only had it for a week, it is my new HG eye treatment. No lie. It has done more for my delicate, fair-skinned eye area in a week than any of the more expensive department store brands have done for that same area in months. And this is bound to last longer. Love the pump-style packaging ... no mess, no stress. Haven't seen any of the department store brands using this packaging that often, if at all. Perhaps they could take a page from the book of Avalon's Vitamin C line? :)

Details about how this product works for me: I have medium/fair skin... not too pale, but not very easily tanned.. it takes some effort, and there is a fine line between nice, tan glow and a burn. I have learned to manage that balance. I can be in the sun and wear sunscreen, with the end result being a nice tan-like healthy glow.. not a burn. I have freckles.. and that fair skin.. which, as seems to be the case, seems more prone to show wrinkles and fine lines earlier than other skin types.

I'm no exception -- I'm 28 and have fine crows feet lines forming. Also, semi-dark circles run in my Mom's side of the family (who I take after the most). So, I have the semi-dark circles no matter how much sleep I get, and those pesky little crows feet that are forming.... and I don't like either of them, one bit.

This cream has definitely helped out with any dryness around my eye area, as well as with my premature crows feet lines... within a week. I couldn't believe it myself. I'll update in a month to see if the results have sustained... but I'm confident they will. Glad this eye cream is reasonably priced, easily available, and so so so effective. Definitely worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2010 10:08:00 PM More reviews by lasoltera

I agree with the ENTIRE review below by ClaireMcD77 ........I really love this is a pump too! Worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2010 10:27:00 AM More reviews by ClaireMcD77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've tried sooooo many eye creams..high end to drug store and this is by far my favorite. Gives just the right amount of moisture and is starting to lighten up my eye area which is pretty dark from allergies. Smooths out fine lines and works really well with my concealer. After years of searching I've finally found an eye cream I'll stick with!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2010 1:48:00 AM More reviews by clearady

Best of the best. Trust me. I've tried them all. I even prefer this over my Origins Ginzing. It's more moisturizing. I save the Ginzing one only for when I didn't get enough sleep.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2010 9:11:00 PM More reviews by XoXoSinCity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Where has this cream been all my life! lol I have to say over the last few years I have trie dto go organic as I can in my skincare for the cheaper prices and great ingredients. IN theory that works but it really is a trial and error finiding organic items that work as well as the mainstream stuff I use. After years of using rediculoisuly expensive eye cream I just don't waste my money anymore. Bottom line all the hype and fancy advertising of HE eye creams is just bs. No eye cream can perform miracles or fix years of skin damage etc. All we can do is use a good hydrating eye cream that really sinks in and moisturizes your eye area leaving it plump hence lines less visible and lids firmer. WIth that I started trying tons of $20 and under natural eye creams trying to find one that actualyl delivered. Derma E definitely has a great selction but for me Avalon Vit C Revit Eye Cream stands on it's own. It is about $20 for a nice glass pump bottle and absolutely the best "drugstore" eye cream out there. I lvoe that is has a very rich somewhat cold cream type texture (amking you think it might be heavy or sit on your eyes) yet the second you start dabbing it on it spreads so silky and easily with the tiniest amount (super emolliant) and sinks into your skin like water instantly. I was really super impressed and shocked form the first time using this as I have never instantly loved any eye cream I have ever used so much form first use. Even though pump bottle are hygenic as everyone claims I perfer jars more as you can get every last bit of product. Also since this cream is a little thick when it's in the pump when you squeeze it out eery time you waste some product as the first part you squeeze out is a little dried out from being in the nozzle. Anyhow I just put this in an old mac mini sample jar I had and couldn't be happier. For all those who claim jars are unsanitary in eye and face creams, really now? It is called washing your hands people, not taht insane of a concept considering my hands are already clean from washing my face before I apply skincare you know. So fabulous price, amazing ingredients (the only Avalon product that really delivers for me), perfect balance of hydration-firming-moisture, never causes milia, and perfect to use day and night. What is not to love about this hidden treasure which is perfect for every skintype and for young eye for prevention and older eyes for intense moisture! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2010 10:50:00 PM More reviews by 305beauty4ever

This is a great eye cream for a great price! Almost half price at Vitacost.com ..... it's very hydrating and I love the pump. I have about 4 different eye creams/gels right now and this one I always reach for. It's great for day and night, absorbs so well yet I feel my eye area is hydrated. I am waiting a bit to see if it really does anything for the wrinkles but so far I am liking it very much. Plus, you get twice the amount of most eye creams. I will definitlely buy again because I am really impressed. It doesn't irritate my eyes at all either which is great too!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2010 12:41:00 PM More reviews by MojoWorkin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OK I have very fair skin that freckles and burns easily. I spent all the summers of my girlhood with my family on a lake, in the sun. We never wore sunscreen, and I burned every single summer. I thought of it as part of summer, having a sunburn. Sometimes just a little, sometimes blistering and very painful.

Flash forward to 2010. I'm 42 and I have wrinkles. Not little crows feet, actual visible wrinkles right above my cheekbones under my eyes. So I tried this eyecream. Never used an eyecream before. I patted it on the wrinkles after my shower when my skin was still damp. Guess what? After only a week of this I could hardly see the wrinkles!!! I used up the whole bottle and I feel I look a lot younger. The skin under my eyes feels soothed, soft and plump. Much nicer. I look like I got a good night's sleep. I love this stuff it's wonderful. Just bought my 2nd bottle. Highly reccomend.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No