April 23, 2014 | 1869 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Light SPF10

Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 6:45:00 AM More reviews by bluestar100

I have searched far and wide for a decent foundation. There was always something wrong - not enough staying power, broke me out in spots, too greasy, poor colour range, too matt, too duey or sticky, too powdery, oxidised, smelled bad, too heavy coverage not enough coverage etc etc!
I dismissed double wear as I tried the standard old formular years ago and was put off by how thick it was. My friend told me about the double wear light version so i thought I would give it a try but was expecting it to be too heavy for me (I like to feel natural and look as natural as possible).
This stuff is fantastic, although its a small colour range, the shades are actually skin coloured and not yellow, orange or bright pink! Intensity 01 is the best match I have ever found in a foundation. It goes on beautfully, stays on all day, doesnt touch off on clothes, feels like you have not got anything and looks just like your own skin but better.
Nothing more to say really - you have to try it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by nicolegryne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My best friend had been raving about this foundation for years. I simply thought they would not have my color because I'm darker than she is, so I'd say, "that's good! I'm glad you like your foundation." , and move on. Recently I had been on a quest to find my HG foundation. I was looking for something that could handle my crazy sensitive dry skin. I wanted to look dewey, but natural. I can't stand the look of cakey powdery foundation. I had a nasty experience with MAC's BB cream (cystic acne). Whatever foundation I got had to work for me.

Enter Estée Lauder Double Wear Light. I went to Macy's counter and asked the MA to help me. I really wanted to shut my best friend up. I hate it when she's right. This stuff is amazing! My skin looked like healthy natural skin. Not a cakey mess. It covered some acne scars, but matched my skin tone perfectly. The MA matched me to the new formula, intensity 6.0. I'm so sold on this stuff! It doesn't budge, has not broke me out, and looks good all day. I actually look forward to wearing it. Even though it's pricey, it's definitely worth it. I will definitely pay $40 for this because it's worth every penny. Did I tell you that a little goes a long way? I'm still on the sample bottle the MA gave me and that was a month ago. This stuff is truly remarkable!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2013 5:39:00 PM More reviews by MissLulu1

I bought this after trying EL double wear foundation which I found too thick, heavy and drying. Double wear light is much better, it still gives the coverage but is much lighter and glides onto the skin matching perfectly with my skin tone. I love this foundation as it leaves my skin looking good but not obviously made up, very natural. It does not break me out which many products and other foundations do. Only gave 4 stars as does not give great coverage if you have any blemishes.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2013 5:25:00 AM More reviews by lovemakeup17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Okay.... Im not happy about this Foundation, first of all it is very very expensive. 2. it STILL looks cakey and fake on my skin, and after a while, say, 5 hours the Foundation still Looses some of it's coverage. It feels very dry and is extremely hard to blend, and the colours are terrible, very orange and so on, not many to choose from.
But the worst thing is, that if you do reapply some Foundation throughout the day, it turns completely GREY, yes grey, and you can kinda fnug foundation of your face.

It is not dewy finish, its dry, feels caky, don't like this.
Even my boyfriend complained about how much makeup it looked like I was wearing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 11:31:00 AM More reviews by brunettefirst

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have been searching for a foundation that would meet all the requirements of a very oily skin with a rebel mature acne, since my beloved Chanel Double Perfection fluid was discontinued ,and i have found the Estee Lauder Double Wear, the bottle version first. It was great as staying power and cover but it looked very obvious on my face, emphasizing my pores, making them huge and giving me the powdery look i so much hate.

After trying a bunch of other foundations from all the possible brands that were either too oily for me, too sheer or were melting on my face in no time i thought i would give the light version of Double Wear a try and oh my, i am so glad i did cause my search is over.

This is hands down the best liquid foundation on the market for very oily skin that needs a lot of covering and still not looking like paint. You can work with this one from a very natural coverage to a very sophisticated one and the best part is, it does not dry quickly so u can have a lot of time to layer it and massage it properly so it does not look streaky. Plus it holds like no other. When i put it on, my face looks like porcelain and i can say i have many problems lately with a stubborn cystic acne. This is the only foundation i can rely on, no matter the occasion, and when i wear it i am relaxed that it wouldn`t melt on my face or become greasy or streaky or blotchy. I highly recommend it for oily/combination skin as i cannot relate on how it would be for someone with a dry skin.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2013 9:24:00 AM More reviews by bluelitzer

I like this foundation. This costs $42.50 retail but I was able to get it for $36 at the PX. It is a pretty good deal since it comes with a concealer, serum, a foundation brush and primer. First the shade, I am NC 30 and Intensity 3 shade is a dead on match to my skin. The coverage is very natural, not too flat matte nor is it too dewy. It's like a true satin finish that I feel like I don't need to use setting powder on. Lancôme's Teint Miracle is rather similar in finish although ELDW is a tad thicker in formula. What I don't like about it is it oxidized on me after an hour. Didn't turn orangey, just darker. The concealer is a creamy texture, blends well and is a sufficient coverage for my needs, I use it under my eyes and some acne scars here and there. It does an ok job evening it out. I didn't experience creasing with it either so that is also good. The brush is soft. I usually don't reach for a foundation brush because I prefer a stippling brush or just my fingers and the only other foundation brush I have is the EcoTools one. This EL foundation brush is really soft compared to that drugstore one. Haven't experienced shedding so far. I like how it doesn't cake and it doesn't make you look like you're wearing a mask of makeup. I probably will buy it again if I don't find something more amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2013 6:46:00 PM More reviews by kaity1

So far this is the best foundation i have ever used. I have oily combination skin and i went to myer and bought this for around $50 i think it was. the lady said i was an intensity 2 shade (which i dont think i am), I have fair/medium skin and after using this shade for a while i have noticed it is too dark so i am now going to try intensity 1 but other than that after using this foundation for a about a month now i am very pleased with how long it lasts (alllllllllllll dayyyyyy long) my skin produces oil throughout the day but this foundation controls it and my skin looks great even after a long hard day at work on a hot day.The texture when applying is maybe a bit more on the thick side but not too thick and it does dry really quickly when applying so you have to be quick about it. the staying power is like nothing i have ever used. I really hope this lighter shade that i am going to try is not too light and matches my skin shade better because the intensity 2 is to dark and i wont be using that shade again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 3:01:00 PM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I spent $32.50 on this foundation and I am pretty dissapointed.

I went to the Estee Lauder counter so I could be tested for the correct color, boy was I surprised when she said I was an intensity 2 as I am pretty fair and wear a natural ivory color in all other foundations. She gave me generous sample to try for the remainder of the week and after just 2 days I knew this was not the foundation for me. At first I really liked the coverage and it didn’t feel heavy on my skin. However what I did notice was it really dried out my face, especially around my nose and mouth area. As the day wore on it was quite apparent that the intensity 2 was indeed too dark and it looked like I was wearing a mask. I did not think that the staying power of this foundation was that great as it looked smeary and cakey after about 6 hours.

It also settled into my pores after about 2 hours which made them look extremely noticeable.

Never buying again

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2013 11:32:00 PM More reviews by EvvieBarrios

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is a definite improvement over Double Wear for those who don't like that heavy feel-- what is lacking is color selection! Intensity 1 is NOT for all 1's. I

It ends up a warm shade with peach undertones on me and I need a cool shade with pink undertones. I was skeptical about that self adjusting story the SA gave me and with good reason-I don't like looking in the mirror and seeing Oh Great Pumpkin after a few hours. I would however reconsider trying this again for summer months only since I am a dry skin gal- if they get real and expand the color selection.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Purplelovehearts

I absolutely love this foundation, I'm glad I had a free 10 day trial as it took me quite a few attempts to get the application right, you need to work fast on a freshly moisturised face, I have dry skin but my t zone is very oily with large pores, this foundation balances me out perfectly and you can't see my pores at all, it looks very natural and my skin looks flawless but like I don't have any foundation on at all, before using this I would quite often have to blot my oily t zone but I don't get it whilst wearing this product, it's also worth mentioning that the staying power of this foundation is amazing lasts all day and some, I often get complimented on how good my skin is which I'm sure is down to this foundation, wouldn't be without it