September 21, 2014 | 2047 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Light SPF10

Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 10:46:00 AM More reviews by jjbug82

my first EL foundation and i am absolutely loving it! medium coverage with velvet texture, it appears very natural on my skin and does not emphasize the pores. In addition, my face does not turn oily after 10-12 hours running in-and-out between hot/humid surroundings and air-conditioned office; at the end of the day, the T-zone just looks slightly more shiny and I can simply blot with facial tissue. when first apply, i am a bit shocked because the colour looks lighter, but after 10-15 minutes it turns darker and match my skin tone (i'm using colour 2.5) - before purchase, i would suggest you try it on the side of the face and then observe it under daylight, so you will get the best-matched colour for yourself.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 2:16:00 PM More reviews by rlamour

ELDWL is absolutely my HG foundation, it gives great coverage without being heavy, cakey, or fake looking. It has similar staying power to regular DoubleWear, I would say just slightly less.The only downside to this foundation is the limited shade range, I use Intensity 2, but I find it to be just a tad too pink when my skin is without any tan. If you think you need a heavy, full coverage foundation to cover up imperfections in your skin, I would encourage you to give this a try instead. It really gives superb coverage without a mask-like effect.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2014 4:05:00 AM More reviews by allonsy

Great for some one who needs a little coverage, but doesn't need the hassle of having to touch up throughout the day. It's got great pigmentation without feeling too heavy, has a natural finish (not too dewy, not too matte), and lasts on me at least 7-8 hours without any signs of fading. Seriously, once this sets, it's on for the day!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2014 9:11:00 AM More reviews by Froozygirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this at some point when my acne was getting better and I didn't want to use either the original ELDW or the maximum coverage one. I have shade 'intensity 3' for my NC35 skin. The colour actually is very flattering and I think it looks much better than the 3W1 of the original ELDW. It feels light, yet it has good coverage but it doesn't look heavy at all. I do have to use a bit of concealer for some blemishes (either Mac's Studio finish in NC35, or just put a bit of ELDW Light with a little brush which gives a much better coverage and finish).
As for keeping me matte, it doesn't really do the same job with the original ELDW (which seems to keep me matte for quite a few hours, say, about 5-6 before I touch up again) but it's not one of these that leave me oily after 1 hour or so.
Overall, this is an excellent product for people that don't want a heavy coverage. I will definitely buy again once I run out. EL does the most amazing foundation products, and the colours are not too bad either (OK, they are not like Mac, but at least there are some yellow based shades, unlike Clinique...)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2014 7:25:00 AM More reviews by pratty01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

looooooveeeeee it. the coverage is insane but it doesnt feel heavy at all. i am intensity 4 and its a great colour match for me. does not need to be set with powder, AT ALL. some days its a bit dry for me, i just load up on the moisturiser on those days but otherwise it doesnt make me super tight or stretchy. its not moisturising. i hated it the first time i tried it on bare skin but i never wear makeup on bare skin so its fine, the SA asked me to mix a couple of drops of advanced night repair into the formula and try it, it felt a lot more moiturising but sheered the coverage down a bit. best way to apply is with hands and quickly, it sets pretty fast and doesnt move once its set.

i put this to test under super hot stage lights where i was bouncing around and dancing and jumping, Basically sweating like crazy, and it did not move or fade or do anything. its annoyingly stubborn, i sometimes wanna touch up, it feels nice to powder your nose but NO... when i wear this, there is nothing to touch up. it just likes to hug your face and not let go.

i just love it!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2014 6:00:00 PM More reviews by nlakhani

I didnt liek this product, first the colour was too dark for me and it was more of an orange based colour which oxidises with your skin and makes me look orange and dark and greasy!

I didnt like the other colour selections as they do not cater too well for different coloured asian skins..

I was sold by the oil free and non pore blocking and 15 hour staying power but dont think it achieved this at all.

I wouldn't re purchase for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by cebaker07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this DW at the suggestion of a representative when I noticed DW was too drying for my skin this winter. I got this and the DW powder because I do like a more medium-full coverage. I would say this is light, perhaps medium coverage depending on the way you apply it. I would not say it is build able; like DW, once it is set, it is set. It does have a little more flexibility on getting it blended in than DW since it doesn't dry as fast, but it still isn't too forgiving. I use a blender brush (Real Techniques) and add DW powder on the spots where I want a little more coverage.

This foundation photographs very well! It also stays put and is resistant-proof for nearly the 12 hours. I have tried MANY foundations on my search for my HG and this might be it for Spring, Summer and Fall.

The downside, though is that this formula can still be drying - especially in the winter. Unfortunately, even with extra moisturizer, I still notice it cracks a little or settles into creases because of the extreme cold. Also, like the DW, once this is set, don't try to touch up your face by removing foundation since it will be obvious where you tried to do that (though not as much as with DW). I do plan on returning to this product once the weather changes again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2014 11:00:00 PM More reviews by pandah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this product from Macy's. If I didn't see the sales associate squeeze a sample from the double wear light tube w my own eyes I woulda thought she gave me double wear max.

Pros:
It does last all day
Great for oily skin
Medium coverage

Cons:
Way too matte for combo or dry skin
Goes on really thick, more thick than the regular double wear (to my surprise)
Needs to be carefully blended otherwise looks cakey

I have combo skin and this just didn't work for me. It made my skin look dry and wrinkly. If you have oily skin, you may like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 3:57:00 PM More reviews by Livinginhope

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It gives my skin a nice even skin tone and lasts the whole day. The foundation Intensity 1.0 is quite a pale formula so I do put a fair amount of blusher on to give some colour. Its quite a lightweight foundation (I've tried a sample of their heavier full coverage foundation but it made me look older). Its worth getting a couple of samples from the beauty counter to try at home first.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2014 3:41:00 AM More reviews by stephiet1973

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This does last all day, it is true, but beware if you have very dry skin like mine, as it seems to settle into a cake-like mask and emphasizes every imperfection and fine line. No matter what product I use under this, nothing seems to help.