Estee Lauder Double Wear Light SPF10

3.9

New: Ingredients: Water, cyclopentailoxane, trimethylsiloxysilcate, butylene glycol, trimethyl pentaphenyl trixiloxane, phenyl trimethicone, silica, magnesium sulfate, polyglyceryl, 3 disostearate, tribehenin, peg-10 dimenthicone, bis-peg, ppg-14, 14 dimethicone, ethylhexylglycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, dimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosteratate, lauteth-7, glycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, deimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosterate, laureth-7, glycerin, polymethylsilsesquioxane, hexyl laurate, cetyl peg, ppg 10, 1 dimethicone, chamomilla recutita (matricaria), disteardimonium hectorite, methicone, propylene carbonate, tetramethyl hexaphenyl tetrasiloxane, cellulose gum, xanthan gum, dimethicone silylate, toccopheryl acetate, alumina , sorbic acid, chlorphenesin, phenoxyethanol, + - iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) titanium dioxide (CI 77891), mica, bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), Ferric Ammonium ferro cyanide.

Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this foundation.

I bought it as the Mac F&B I was using was a bit too dark as I bought it in the summertime, and also I wanted a little bit more coverage (without having to layer it). This is fab.

The EL MUA gave me a full makeover so I was properly colour matched - the colour is perfect. The formula just suits my skin so well - it blends well, covers well (although I use the Doublewear concealer under my eyes and on redness), doesn't transfer - even without powdering! - and doesn't wear off my face on my oily T zone. This for me is unimaginable - every other foundation will wear off a bit, or sort of 'clump' sometimes. Not this one, which surprised me as I am normally a sheer foundation sort of girl. I also love the packaging - simple and effective - no glass bottle and therefore no wastage!

I think this has surpassed Clinique's CC Cream as my favourite. I will probably buy this again, even though it is pricey.

on 1/26/2015 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Beautiful disaster.
I wanted to love this foundation but unfortunately it breaks me out. This clogs my pores just like the Double Wear foundation. I originally switched to this in hopes that it wouldn't break me out like the original DW but it does so just a warning for any ladies with extremely acne-prone skin like me!

I use Shade 3.0 which matches my yellow-toned, tan-medium-light skin. I'm in the shade Tawny for the original DW (which is just a tiny bit orange for my light tan skin). The longevity is also great. It lasts the whole day and doesn't make me oily. I might have to blot at least once in the day but it's not necessary as it just makes you a bit dewy but not that oily look. The coverage is indeed light-medium like the name itself but it evens out the skin well. I don't mind a few spots showing through but if you really want full coverage, you can use a concealer or try building up the foundation. I apply this with a sponge btw as it makes it easier for me. The price is hefty but the packaging itself is so much better than the original DW. It's in a tube container and you just squeeze out how much you need unlike the DW with no pump (a mess).

All in all, it has everything I'd want in a foundation but since it breaks me out, I will not be repurchasing.

on 1/25/2015 11:49:00 AM

I purchased Double-Wear light after seeing a review on YouTube. I am over 50 as well, and have many of the same concerns; foundation on older skin can be very aging. I have an oily T-zone and live in the deep South, and foundation in the summer here is a problem. I was very excited that this foundation truly did not transfer and would last all day.

I did get a perfect color match on this foundation; and it is transfer free. I have never worn anything like it; no more smears on cell phones, towels and so on...a dream come true. It has a very natural finish as well, and it does last all day. I don't have time for a lot of touch ups and was surprised to see how well the finish held up when I went to remove it at night.

The downside of a non-transferring last all day foundation is that it is hard to get off. Estee Lauder makes a cleanser called Perfectly Clean which I was obliged to buy after regular soap and water did not truly remove this from my face. The purchase of their cleanser drives up the net price of the foundation for me - but it is still worth it.

My only other issue with this product is the low SPF. I wear an high SPF moisturizer under this, but it would have been nice to have it all in one.

This is my first ever review of any make up product! I love this foundation so much that I felt compelled to write this review (especially after I have been asked couple of times recently which one I am wearing)
So here goes..
Creamy, smooth, light, natural looking, buildable, disappers into skin, matte yet dewy, if that makes sense!
I am dry-combination and have this in intensity 2 for reference.
Also, a word for the packaging, I love products in tubes since it's the most hygienic, specially for expensive products that we need to last for long (I have mine for a year now and still just as new)

on 12/18/2014 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

I wanted to like this foundation, I really did. There was a time years ago when the original Double Wear was my HG foundation. But as I aged (I am now 55), I decided that less was more, foundation wise, and tried lighter foundations, BB and CC creams, etc. But the search continues for the foundation that will make my skin younger, fresher, poreless, etc, without looking like spackle. I recently saw a YouTube video review of this foundation by a woman over 50 who raved about it, so I decided to give it a try. I am relatively fair, NW20 with basically neutral undertone with ruddiness across my cheeks. When I went to the counter the SA matched me to color 1.0, which looked too light for me, but the lighting in department stores is so bad that you often can't tell. Well I got home and was horrified, it was waayyy too light, looked cakey and magnified every pore and area of crepiness on my face. I took it back and the next SA matched me to 2.0, which was a much better color match. However, no matter what I did, it magnified every pore and blemish on my face, looked cakey and flat. I tried it on over several different moisturizers, applied with fingers or sponge and it just looked awful. From a distance looking in the mirror, it's not bad because the color match is good, but up close, well, I look 10 years older than what I am. Tonight I scrubbed it off and found an old tube of $4 Wet n Wild Coverall and put it on. It looked ten times better for one tenth the price. It's going back to the store. Two lippies for color match and decent finish for younger skin, especially someone with oily or combo skin. I also liked the tube packaging for travel, but a definite no-no for me.

**Update 5/12/15*** This didn't go back to the store, it sat in my purse waiting to find the receipt. One day my esthetician told me that my skin looked dehydrated from too many anti-aging treatments, so I stopped those temporarily and worked on really hydrating my skin. A few weeks ago when I gave this another try over a rich moisturizer and it worked! I applied it with the RT brush and found out that it looks pretty good. Of course, if you look up close you can still see the fine lines and pores :( but I am 56 now and my skin is pretty good for my age. I was on the fence still but on Mother's Day several people came up to me and complimented me on my skin...of course it was the DWL that made it look better than it is. I do like the matte finish; I don't set it with powder and it stays in place all day. Color match (#2) is good for my NW20ish skin. I think it would be a great foundation for those people with oily or normal skin, mine is pretty dry and this foundation is pretty tempermental when my skin isn't very well moisturized. Upped it to four lippies from two, but probably woudn't repurchase due to the dry dkin issue and also the cost which is close to $40. I still think I can find better foundations for my skin at a much lower price point, but hey it's Estee Lauder so it's expensive.

on 12/14/2014 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I wanted something lighter than normal double wear for daily use. A little too light of coverage for acne scarring, so a heavy coverage concealer is needed for me. Dries pretty quickly, so you have to work the product in fast or else it's a little patchy. Feels likes its enhances scars/marks/pores and doesn't "blur" them out. Doesn't photograph so well. Stays pretty well, but I still need to blot because of my very oily skin after a couple hours. Sadly returning this.

on 10/10/2014 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this without much research, I knew that double wear was quite a heavy foundation so I figured this light one would be ideal for me. The first time I applied it I was wowed, it was so easy to blend in and just corrected everything I needed it to. The next time I took my time and applied more than the first time, it went a bit cakey and just looked wrong. I think if you are having a day where you need more coverage you need to apply it all at the same time. I applied a thin layer then waited a few mins before adding some more, this made it go cakey. This product sets very quickly...and then doesn't budge. I still needed a little concealer on blemishes but I can't fault the coverage. I am intrigued to try the normal double wear now to see what that is like when I need extra coverage.

on 9/11/2014 4:28:00 PM

I have acne prone combination skin. This foundation goes on pretty light and very natural. It terms of coverage, it does not cover scars or active acne. This would be a great foundation for someone who needs light coverage, however for me, i would prefer a foundation with greater coverage. I love the packaging, very convenient to travel with and hygienic. Great foundation, just doesn't suit my needs.

on 9/8/2014 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation has great coverage and applies really nicely. This foundation also hasn't broken me out which is great.

My only disappointment is with Estée Lauder themselves as I went into my local Boots store to buy this product and there was no one there at the Estée Lauder stand to help me colour match the foundation so I ended up picking myself and after using the product realised I had gone a shade too light for my skin, however, as the product is relatively expensive I feel as if I have to use up all of the colour that I purchased.

I have a very oily T zone and this product lasts a few hours without making my T zone oily but I will have to say that the foundation makes my skin look natural when oily not a slick mess like other foundations do.

Overall it gives a very nice natural finish and I would recommend it to anyone with blemish prone oily skin.

on 9/4/2014 5:26:00 PM

My new HG foundation. I've been using the 3.5 intensity for about two months and I'm never going back to Colorstay, GA Maestro, Clinique Even Better or anything else again.

I use my fingers to apply and blot with a beauty blender, top with Neutrogena Shine Control powder and I'm good for about 5 hours. Then I blot, reapply powder, and I'm good for the rest of the work day. To me- that's a total success!

I love the medium coverage. It feels a little heavier than some of my other foundations, but that's totally fine because looks sooooooo natural.

I seriously can't think of one thing to complain about. LOVE.