July 31, 2014 | 1838 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - 6 Piece Brush Set

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2012 10:19:00 AM More reviews by ZinaSuha

I am not going to lie and say that these are better than Mac, because they are not. However, for the price and given you are a beginner and building up on your brush collection, these are definitely worth starting off with. Best quality you will find at such a low price! I still have mine from a few years ago and still make good use of them from time to time. Very handy collection for travelling also!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2012 8:56:00 AM More reviews by peekaboa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Other

these! THESE! THESEEEEEEEE~

I am ditching my ELF studio brushes.

they are so soft, dense, picks up great amount, does not shed, doesn't scratch your face.

you just need to invest in one set and yeah for make up starter you have everything. I just need another 5 pc for my face brushes and I will stop buying brushes for good.

I bought this in bamboo holder.

But beware of imitations dear. The packaging of imitations is kinda flimsy, rough and wrinkly unlike the real product. For real products, the edges of the packaging is really firm and thick and not easily folded.

the brushes holders are very firm, my ELF holder seems to be floppy.

Concealer brush - seems too big for my liking at first, but it applies concealer nicely and quickly.

Angled liner brush - on my second one. it is a decent brush for Essence gel eyeliner/brow.

Brow kit - useless for me.

Blush brush - my fav of the set. it is sooooo cute and soft and fluffy and it picks up the right amount.

shading brush - again, too big at first, but I guess it does its job.

eh, now this is the definition of VALUE FOR MONEY. I spent 23.90Sing dollars at Shins and with this money i can only buy brow brush from MAC. Mark-up eh?

won't repurchase as the quality can last me fora while. just buy it, use it for the first time, you will understand the quality is really superior for its price.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2012 1:18:00 AM More reviews by thekissflower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

When I saw reviews for this brush set, I couldn't wait to get my own. It's true that the set is affordable and the brushes are uber soft. The eyeshadow and foundation brushes were amazing.

But sadly, the blush brush was crap. I'm actually beginning to wonder if it was meant for powder or mineral foundation, because it doesn't pick up any pigment.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2012 12:43:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Eco Tools has got to be the best, and I mean the ABSOLUTE BEST brand of make up brushes out there. Inexpensive, environment friendly (that never hurts!), Soft, durable, never loses their shape, amazing! I mean, I cannot rave about these brushes enough. I love this set, it was actually the first Eco Tools set I ever bought...for under 15$ this was the best purchase I have ever made. I adore these so much. The powder brush has got to be my favorite, always blends and sets my foundation out and makes powders blend seamlessly...the eyeliner brush is perfect for filling in your brows or for using gel eyeliners...the eyeshadow brushes are perfect for eyeshadow payoff, concealer brush is so amazing, i love the grooming tools for my eyelashes and eyebrows....I LOOOVE ECOTOOLS! Plain and simple. I own almost every single Eco Tools brush. I have tried MAC Brushes, and for 35$-55$ a brush (yes, for a SINGLE brush) you could own the entire collection of Eco Tools brushes! Especially in this economy, we want to look good, but who can shell 45$ out for ONE brush? Thats a weeks groceries! Not only is Eco Tools environmentally savvy, but they are smart for our economy. As a Sephora Make Up Artist, I can truly say that your make up is only as good as the tools you use, and these brushes blow MAC's out of the water in my opinion. And Ive used them all! This kit is perfect for beginners who are using brushes out for the first time, and experienced users alike.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2012 6:43:00 AM More reviews by spookibelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this so much, it's the perfect brush set. I bought it because the brow brush in it was the only brow brush in Wal-Mart, and I needed a new one because mine broke, lol. But you get so much in this kit- I already had the Foundation, Powder, Angled Eyeliner & Eye Shading brushes, and now with this kit, I have pretty much every brush I need for a while. All of them work well, I love the eyeshadow brush, and especially the concealer brush which is perfect for blending concealer under my eyes & around my brows. I also love the brush roll/bag that comes with this, and use it for all my brushes. The set was about $15 which is more than I would spend on ONE beauty product, but you get SIX, so I don't mind the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2012 10:40:00 PM More reviews by GorgeousWednesday

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this brush set when I first started doing my makeup, after using it for about 2 years I think I have all my feelings about this brush set sorted. Here's the break-down:

Eyebrow/Eyelash grooming brush- I really like to de-clump my lashes and this brush did wonders, I also enjoyed the eyebrow brush to get the perfect shape.

Angled eyeliner brush- One of the worst brushes I have ever used for eyeliner. As much as I tried to love it I couldn't and would resort back to using my MAC eyeliner brush. BUT I did find it useful as a lip brush and frequently use it for applying lipstick.

Eye shading brush- Standard, not particularly special eye shadow brush.

Concealer Brush- I don't actually use concealer. Because both this and the eye shadow brush were virtually the same I just used it as a second eye shadow brush. Once again not anything special.

Blush Brush- I also don't use a lot of blush... if any. So I used this to put on translucent powder.

Case- Since mine is an older version I think my case is different than the current one. Mine is a roll up that is a giant pain in the behind to travel with, leaving my brushes EVERYWHERE. Not to mention there is no "Room for both brushes & makeup essentials" as they state on their website. FRUSTRATING.

I'd also like to point out the lack of crease and foundation brushes in this kit is slightly frustrating. Although they do sell foundation brushes separately they claim their "shading" brushes should be able to put on a "shadow base" and " can be used for shading, highlighting, and blending". Technically all brushes CAN be used for all of those things, but should they be? Short answer, no. I find this brush isn't good for blending and can make highlighting and shading harder (and harsher). But perhaps I am just being a brush snob.

Overall these are an extremely inexpensive and flexible set of brushes that can take a lot of travelling (despite the case). They will work for almost anything you need and are great brushes for beginners and people who don't want to spend a lot of money. Unfortunately for me I have outgrown these brushes and now have a wonderful assortment of other brushes :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2012 4:40:00 PM More reviews by bluehawaiicupcakes

OMG THIS BRUSH SET IS AMAZING! As a beginner in makeup, i wanted a nice quality brush set that wasn't too expensive. My close friend who started to get interested in makeup a little while before me recommended this brand. I went out to look for it on boxing day. It wasn't on sale but who cares, it was super cheap! The brushes are very good quality, they don't shed and are very luxurious. You can buy these anywhere practically: shoppers, london drugs, walmart, even pricesmart! I use the sephora anti bacterial brush cleaner btw.

Blush brush: I actually use this for powder because I tend not to wear blush. The brush included with the set looks more like the powder brush on the website because it is denser and does not taper in. It is a great brush for pressed powder (I don't use loose but I might try and then update this review).

Concealer brush: My concealer is bad to begin with so this brush doesn't really make a difference. However, it is so similar to the eye shading brush so I use it as another eye shading brush (again, I will update!).

Eye shading brush: This brush is good but not super great. It doesn't pick up a lot of color but it works for loose eye shadow powders.

Angled eyeliner brush: I use this with my physician's formula gel/cream eyeliner and it is FABULOUS! Very easy to control and not too sharp (aka it doesn't hurt if you accidentally stab yourself). I've heard that it works for filling in brows but I mostly use a brow pencil so I wouldn't know.

Lash comber/brow groomer: It works as an average lash comber, gets rid of clumps nicely and depending on the mascara, makes your eyelashes curl a teeny bit more. The brow groomer is average as well but it is easy to clean so that's a plus.

Overall, this is a great brush set for anyone from beginner to pro and I highly recommend it! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2012 10:29:00 AM More reviews by chasea

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

love these brushes! good value and super soft! (:

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 11:08:00 AM More reviews by frickinradical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

definitely a good investment, with make up tools you-get-what-you-pay-for, and these are the best i've ever used, especially the powder brush! i've them a while and they're still like new, they don't irritate the skin and good at blending the make up.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2012 3:51:00 PM More reviews by babyurgleamin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it and soo.oo cheap, I wished they had black handles though