July 24, 2014 | 1927 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Organic Wear Pressed Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2010 12:16:00 AM More reviews by oasiss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this powder as a gym bag alternative to my Philosophy the supernatural airbrush powder. I lovelovelovelovelove the packaging, but I wish the powder didn't go on so...powdery. When you put it on, it sits right on top of your skin and does not settle, so you look like you dipped your face in sand. It's a great look, really. and the coverage is zippo :(

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2010 8:56:00 PM More reviews by littlemissmach

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder is ok. I bought it originally because I wanted to feel like I was putting "healthier" ingredients on my skin. I find this powder is good at setting, and doesn't look overdone. But for the price point, at about 15-17 bucks a pop, I will look elsewhere.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2010 12:37:00 PM More reviews by cutiepatoo

well, since im acne-prone, my friend recommended me to this product, and so far, its pretty good. i liked that it has two tones in it to give a overall matching shade and that its 100% organic. the only thing i hate about it is the packaging. the brush included is horrible and scratches your skin, and the mirror is on the flip side. otherwise, this is a pretty good powder!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2010 3:44:00 PM More reviews by lilyofavalon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really didn't like this powder. Initially, I was attracted to the eco-friendly packaging.

Not only that - it's also bulky, and the scratchy brush is stored in a magnetic-snap compartment on the bottom of the compact that seems awfully flimsy. The bottom isn't even opaque - just another layer of plastic.

The product was also just horrible. The powder color matched my skin, but sat unflatteringly on top of it instead of blending and meshing with it. There was also a strong, offensive musty smell, which was the last straw. I ended up returning the horrid thing.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2010 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Ania588

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't even use this foundation as a foundation, it comes off much lighter than it is in the packaging. I use it as a highlight but it can come off quite chalky if your not careful, but if you are it's pretty nice. I personally don't see this product providing much coverage.It doesn't match my skin tone because i have a yellow undertone but it matches my friends, she has a neutral undertone.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2010 10:57:00 PM More reviews by monosoul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product has a very strong smell as soon as you open the lid. I'm very sensitive to smells & I hated it so I stopped using after two times or so. However, I have an acne-prone skin, major acne scars, rosacea, and extreme dryness.. and this powder didn't break out at all. I originally bought the product because of the 'orgainic' advertisement on the packaging which caught my eye. The price wasn't a big deal for me, not too cheap, not too expensive. Packaging is cute, and like the idea that it blends in with the whole concept of 'organic', but it teared up a little for me pretty quick.

Going back to the smell.. I sort of got used to it after going back to using this product again because it's the only powder that wouldn't break me out. Usually I would just spray facial mist (with little scent) over my face after I apply the powder on to reduce the smell of the powder.

I'd buy this product again because the coverage is actually pretty good. I use it after I apply little bit of bare escentuals & my I can see my face looking very natural and flawless.. covering up most of the acne scars and such.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2010 1:25:00 PM More reviews by lovelyxfugitive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay, I have to say this! (I don't mean to be rude, either.)

But: if I am not slathering chemicals all over my face, then I can deal with the small inconveniences of this powder. I'm sorry, but when I go into Sephora and read some of the ingredients in most of the higher end, supposedly "better" for you pressed powders, I cringe. Organic Wear offers me what I am comfortable with: an entirely safe, natural pressed powder with few bells and whistles. I use it in Translucent Fair, and I find that it provides a bit of a luminous effect while setting my concealer. (I don't wear foundation.) My skin also seems to have benefited from the ingredients, as it is calmer than it was before I began using Organic Wear.

Yes, the packaging needs some work and the brush sucks. However, for the price and the environmentally friendly, not to mention bio-friendly aspects, I am totally satisfied and will continue to repurchase as long as they make it.

I have noticed no odor other than a slight olive-oil one, but that would make sense, as it is in the powder.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2009 7:06:00 PM More reviews by gme72455

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am really surprised at some of the harsh reviews for this product. I use the translucent light and find that it covers better than many of the more expensive powders, doesn't cake up - and most importantly, I don't break out from it like I do other powders. I haven't noticed an offensive smell from this powder either. The case takes some getting use to, but that is a small trade off if the product is good. I would repurchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2009 7:35:00 PM More reviews by reenxor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I keep going back and forth on this product. The packaging is absurd--putting the mirror underneath the powder, where you can't see it? WHY? Also, it has that strange smell that seems to be part of the entire organic line. However, there are some pros as well:
The coverage is pretty decent. It doesn't mattify for all that long, so you'd need to take it along for touch ups.
The color looked pretty natural (I used translucent light).
The ingredients list is great. I like the formula a lot and appreciate that there is no bismuth, which I now know makes my face itchy and irritated.
All in all, I would repurchase...but only with a major coupon.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/1/2009 4:45:00 PM More reviews by mbwest

I really hated this product from the packaging to the formula itself. The cardboard compact was horrible and the lid broke/tore off within 1 week of usage. The formula is horribly cakey and worst of all it broke me out in one of the worst breakouts I have had in a while. I would give this no stars if I could...