Physicians Formula Organic Wear Pressed Powder

2.9

INGREDIENT LIST #1: MICA, JOJOBA SEED OIL*, CORN STARCH*, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, KAOLIN, CALCIUM CARBONATE, OLIVE FRUIT OIL*, GLYCERIN, SOYBEAN OIL*, GLYCERYL CAPRYLATE, CINNAMIC ACID, SODIUM LEVULINATE, TOCOPHEROL, WATER. MAY CONTAIN: IRON OXIDES, TITANIUM DIOXIDE. * CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENT (ECOCERT). INGREDIENT LIST #2: MICA, CORN STARCH *, OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE, KAOLIN, OLIVE FRUIT OIL *, JOJOBA SEED OIL *, GLYCERYL CAPRYLATE, CINNAMIC ACID, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, GRAPE SEED OIL *, SOYABEAN OIL *, RICE HULL POWDER , BAMBUSA ARUNDINACEA STEM POWDER, MAY CONTAIN: TITANIUM DIOXIDE, IRON OXIDES. * CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENT (ECOCERT)

on 6/10/2010 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I bought this because I wanted something that was lighter coverage than my Clinique powder foundation. I have dry skin, but it is still oily (does that even make sense?), so I generally use powder.
I purchased this for $9.99CAD+tax at my local Winners (SO much cheaper than retail) because my friend had told me that Physician's Formula doesn't break you out (Clinique broke me out sometimes). I purchased this in Beige Organics, which is a little too light for my skin when I put it on, but because I don't use a lot, it's not a big deal. It can get a little chalky if you put too much on, but as long as you don't put too much on, it's not a problem. It doesn't get as chalky if you layer it slowly.
I think it works better as a setting powder than a powder just to wear on its own, but I use it on its own most of the time. The coverage is decent, I think the users who are complaining about coverage are using the translucent ones.
The packaging isn't TOO bad, but I think I'll probably rip/cut off the bottom lid since I don't need it to hold in the brush anyways. Which, by the way, is complete garbage. It's extremely rough and doesn't pick up product, and even when you do, it doesn't blend. Anyways, the brush is just a nightmare. The one problem I have with the packaging is that it's paper and isn't very sturdy. It gets dirty really easily and I'm always afraid to get it wet.
Overall, I think this was a good powder for the price I paid because it's gentle enough for my skin, but I don't think I will repurchase because I want to try some other Physicians Formula powders when I'm done with this one.

on 6/3/2010 12:51:00 PM

Absolutely no coverage. Like other PF organicwear products, its really hard for my brushes to get any product on them. It set my makeup nicely but there are lots of products that can do that. If I applied it heavier, it looked super powdery. I dropped this once on a relatively soft surface and it broke. I hate the cardboard packaging and really don't understand how that is more environmentally friendly. It not sturdy sucks if you get water/moisture on it.

on 5/18/2010 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was awful. It applied chalky, as I used the product the "leaf design" actually fell out making a mess. The container also fell apart.

No thanks.

I bought this powder because I wanted a setting powder that was all-natural. This one was a huge disappointment. My main complaint is the smell. It just smells... off. The best way I can describe the smell is like wet, rotting leaves, which makes me nauseous when I try to apply it. The brush it came with is completely useless. Also, I don't like how it is two different shades in one. The packaging is supposedly eco-friendly, which I appreciate, but it is ugly and flimsy. It's made of paper with magnetic closures. For a drugstore powder, it is not cheap either. I will return it.

on 5/2/2010 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this powder as a gym bag alternative to my Philosophy the supernatural airbrush powder. I lovelovelovelovelove the packaging, but I wish the powder didn't go on so...powdery. When you put it on, it sits right on top of your skin and does not settle, so you look like you dipped your face in sand. It's a great look, really. and the coverage is zippo :(

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This powder is ok. I bought it originally because I wanted to feel like I was putting "healthier" ingredients on my skin. I find this powder is good at setting, and doesn't look overdone. But for the price point, at about 15-17 bucks a pop, I will look elsewhere.

on 3/25/2010 12:37:00 PM

well, since im acne-prone, my friend recommended me to this product, and so far, its pretty good. i liked that it has two tones in it to give a overall matching shade and that its 100% organic. the only thing i hate about it is the packaging. the brush included is horrible and scratches your skin, and the mirror is on the flip side. otherwise, this is a pretty good powder!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really didn't like this powder. Initially, I was attracted to the eco-friendly packaging.

Not only that - it's also bulky, and the scratchy brush is stored in a magnetic-snap compartment on the bottom of the compact that seems awfully flimsy. The bottom isn't even opaque - just another layer of plastic.

The product was also just horrible. The powder color matched my skin, but sat unflatteringly on top of it instead of blending and meshing with it. There was also a strong, offensive musty smell, which was the last straw. I ended up returning the horrid thing.

on 2/11/2010 8:31:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I don't even use this foundation as a foundation, it comes off much lighter than it is in the packaging. I use it as a highlight but it can come off quite chalky if your not careful, but if you are it's pretty nice. I personally don't see this product providing much coverage.It doesn't match my skin tone because i have a yellow undertone but it matches my friends, she has a neutral undertone.

on 1/18/2010 10:57:00 PM

This product has a very strong smell as soon as you open the lid. I'm very sensitive to smells & I hated it so I stopped using after two times or so. However, I have an acne-prone skin, major acne scars, rosacea, and extreme dryness.. and this powder didn't break out at all. I originally bought the product because of the 'orgainic' advertisement on the packaging which caught my eye. The price wasn't a big deal for me, not too cheap, not too expensive. Packaging is cute, and like the idea that it blends in with the whole concept of 'organic', but it teared up a little for me pretty quick.

Going back to the smell.. I sort of got used to it after going back to using this product again because it's the only powder that wouldn't break me out. Usually I would just spray facial mist (with little scent) over my face after I apply the powder on to reduce the smell of the powder.

I'd buy this product again because the coverage is actually pretty good. I use it after I apply little bit of bare escentuals & my I can see my face looking very natural and flawless.. covering up most of the acne scars and such.