July 24, 2014 | 2216 users online

Brows - Anastasia Of Beverly Hills - Brow Wiz

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2014 12:32:00 AM More reviews by RussianChick

If I could give this product zero lippies, I would. I was really excite to try this eyebrow pencil but now that I have.. I have no idea why there is so much hype around it. This is truly the worst eyebrow pencil I have ever used! It is horrid!! Awful. Words can't describe how much I hate it. I own it in the color soft brown and it literally vanishes from my eyebrows in a matter of minutes, without any disturbance/rubbing my face or sweating. It just comes right off. I can use the cheap Revlon eyeshadow that I have to fill in my eyebrows and get far better results. When I use the Revlon eyeshadow to fill in my brows, it almost lasts through my hour long cardio session at the gym, but when I use brow wiz it barely lasts long enough for me to walk out of the door with. I can't even imagine the performance of this pencil in humid areas. I am so disappointed with it. It was a complete waste of money. If I could return it, I would. I would never buy it again and would not recommend it to anyone. Ever.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2014 6:08:00 PM More reviews by JMG2012

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So I am stuck on this product---I really love it but it runs out so quick! The brush ALWAYS breaks off and that makes me mad since it is $21. I use this in ebony and it is a perfect match for me and looks nice and natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2014 4:42:00 PM More reviews by beachesatnormandy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I thought this product would be a HG but it hasn't reached that status yet. It is a very very good product and does everything it promises. I had been using a Revlon brow pencil prior to this, and the Brow Wiz blows it out of the water. The color match is much better, and it doesn't look as unnatural. The thin pencil is a pro and a con. It allows for a precise application but I am always worried I will break it. It is costly, but I think the brow wiz is worth it for those of us who are obsessed with keeping our brow game on point.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2014 8:06:00 PM More reviews by elidee14

This is the first pencil brow filler i've used and really really like it. It's not too creamy or too dry. It looks natural. I think it's easier to fill in you eyebrows with a pencil because you have more control over it. After i fill my eyebrows in i set it with an eyeshadow. Since i have extremely oily skin it fades a little at the beggining of my brows when i blot.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2014 7:25:00 AM More reviews by lechickpea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I will continue to repurchase this excellent product. I think there are other items at a cheaper price point that will do the same thing (the Sephora brand, MAC pencil, and Maybelline define-a-brow are all great options) but where the Anastasia Brow Wiz stands above its competitors are in the colour shades. As opposed to other brands, Anastasia manages to put out appropriately cool, ashy tones that appear very natural against more skin tones, and for me, nothing has come close to the Brow Wiz in that regard.

This pencil is not at all creamy or overly pigmented- in fact if you run it against the back of your hand you will struggle to get a clear swatch. But this really helps to create natural, light strokes that mimic hair and create a flattering brow shape.

The best I've tried! Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

This is a FANTASTIC brow pencil, albeit a little overpriced for what it does. It's a very skinny, automatic brow pencil with a brush at one end. It comes in 6-7 colors at Sephora and has two shades for people with black hair, a warmer brown-black (Graphite) and a cooler black (Ebony). NOTE: Not all Sephoras carry all shades of this pencil, which is a pain!

I use the shade Ebony for my black-haired but sparse brows and I love it! Using gentle, repetitive brushing motions, I can draw in any gaps in my brows and shape/extend them without making it look obvious that my brows are drawn in. This isn't the type of product for someone who wants super strong brows, but it's great for everyday use. It also photographs well without pulling too pale or grey.

At $21, I think this pencil is a bit overpriced since drugstores used to carry very similar products with similar packaging, but lately drugstores have been lacking in their brow products for dark brows. I'll gladly cough up the money for something like this since it works so well and it actually matches my brows!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 3:09:00 PM More reviews by beecky

HG brow product. I use this with the brow powder duo. I have this pencil in brunette and have almost black hair (very dark ash brown) and it's perfect. Brunette is actually quite dark, but I find it all depends on how heavy of a hand you use. I use the brow powder in ebony just for reference as well. My favorite thing about this pencil is actually the color, I love that it has no warm/red times to it, like the old pencil I was using. You can get this pencil in a different color that does have warm times however, so it matches your hair tone. I just found it very difficult to find an eyebrow pencil with ash tones, and I've found it ! This pencil is also a twist up, not one you have to sharpen which is a huge plus as well. Comes with a handy little comb on the end too to tidy your brows and soften them and blend the color after you've pencilled them. Ill use this brow pencil forever :) Extremely impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 2:46:00 PM More reviews by eimearsg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this brow pencil it's my favourite HOWEVER my last one broke ! I order this from cult beauty as I live in the UK I've been using it for over a year now... I had only used it once and when I went to use it again the whole lead fell out ?! This is the second time that it had happened me :( I think it's down to crap packaging tho cause the product itself is amazing !! When I tried to return it cult beauty seemed very uncooperative and snooty ! .. I suppose I'll keep getting it just because it is the best product out there for eyebrows and I've had lots of them where they have not broke and have been 100% .. I just think can't believe the exact same thin happened twice within like 6 months ! So annoying ! Plus I've never heard anyone else complain about this so I'm just guessing I've kinda had bad luck ! Does anyone know where you can order these but not from cult beauty ? I feel like their selling ones that defected or whatever lol

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2014 1:27:00 AM More reviews by riceisnice

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

With this, I can enhance my brows beautifully.
But I can do that with just about any other brow pencil.
Let's start off with what I have and how I got it. I bought the Brow Wiz in brunette from Sephora for $27 Canadian. I'm East Asian with sparse brows and oily skin. I'm fair with dark brown hair.
In terms of packaging, it's beautiful. This comes in twist form with a thin "lead" (the product). It's housed in a thin, sleek black case with rose gold print. Classy.
The product itself is alright. It's pigmented enough to create a natural look or a bold look. The colouring suits my hair and complexion pretty well, it's not too red, orange, or ashy. It goes on smoothly without any clumps, and if I put on too much product, the spoolie on the other end of the pencil smooths it out nicely. The point is very precise so i have no problem filling my brows in.
What dissapoints me a little is the staying power. I do my makeup at 7:30 in the morning, and by 12:30 pm, my skin will be greasy and my brows can be wiped away easily. I've tried setting my brows with my HG powder, the Essence translucent powder, but still to no avail my brows have melted. Thankfully, as long as I don't touch them, they stay on throughout the night until i remove my makeup at about 7:00 pm.
Overall I'm satisfied with this brow pencil, but I expected something better for the price. I would buy it again, but I'd also want to try out Anastasia's Dipbrow or MUFE's Aqua Brow.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2014 11:37:00 AM More reviews by LiitleloveX0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's a lot like most pencils but the colour match is perfect! I've tried many other pencils in many different colours and this has to be the best!