December 21, 2014 | 1772 users online

Lipstick - Cle de Peau - Extra Silky Lipstick

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2009 5:30:00 PM More reviews by maibebe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous lipstick!! I got this as a gift and I am in LOVE! Nothing I've used comes even close to this! I checked out the prices for this lipstick and I'm not surprised by the big price tag.. I cannot afford this lipstick so I will not be buying this. =(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2009 4:49:00 PM More reviews by scent

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I WILL START MY REVIEW BY SAING THAT THESE ARE THE MOST EXCEPTIONAL LIPSTICKS IN QUALITY AND IN COLORS NUMBER 110 IS SO BEAUTIFUL ID IS A MAUVE BROWN AND GOES ON LIKE SILK. THESE LIPSTICKS ARE WORTH EVERY PENNY AND WHAT A SHAME FOR THOSE WHO CANNOT AFFORD TO SPLURGE FOR THEM THEY ARE MISSING OUT ON A PRODUCT THAT CANNOT BE MATCHED.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2008 10:44:00 AM More reviews by cynwong

I am in love with this lipstick. I've been trying for the longest time to find a lipstick gloss hybrid and this is it!! I love the look of gloss but I hate the texture, and I wanted something long lasting. I am using #110 and I'm very happy. The color is just right for an everyday color that brightens up my face. The texture is nice and creamy but doesn't feel heavy. And my lips feels great! Too bad there's not that many color to choose from and the packaging needs work. Since it's pricey, I don't want to keep clicking away because it's not retractable.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2008 11:12:00 AM More reviews by noinoi

I love these lipsticks. I have #107 which is a clean bright hot pink and #112 which is a rich pinkish red. Texture is just beautiful, light and creamy. It also stains the lips. Colours are true and beautiful.

Both colours give a strong lip and are not just a soft wash. My lips look very french and finely defined which I like!
I would also enjoy trying some of the softer colours that are more commonly reviewed here but this was a present and I felt safer getting strong colours as I was worried some of the other colours may not show up at all. I am pale skinned with reddish brown hair and dark brown eyes. Not sure if these are my perfect colours but they are lovely and very strong!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2008 2:50:00 PM More reviews by HeatherA

I just bought another one of these, so it's clear that I will buy this again. Sigh. Crazy expensive, but really beautiful. I have 110 ( my perfect nude), 111 ( a lovely MLBB rosy shade) and 113 ( deep, but sheer, plum). I think of these as a lipstick/gloss hybrid - they give the effect of a sheer lipstick topped with gloss all in one swipe. They are also very moisturizing and act almost like a treatment for the lips. One might try to justify the price by saying that one of these takes the place of three products - but seriously, no - it's a crazy expensive lipstick. However, as crazy expensive lipsticks go, these are incredibly satisfying. They are elegantly packaged, feel fabulous on the lips and look stunning. They make you feel instantly prettier - which any worthwhile splurge item should do. And, for a sheer and glossy lip product, they have some serious staying power.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2008 2:11:00 AM More reviews by mochabear

Ok - let's first list the cons: ridiculously expensive ($50 USD I think), you really don't get much (.07 oz), and it's almost too soft. Now let's list the pros: (A) this is by far the best lipstick I've ever had my whole life), (B) the color's TDF for #109, (C) and makes me look younger (big plus), (D) super moisturizing and (E) 24 month product shelf life. Hello!?!? Go get this lipstick!

Update: Just purchased #110 - perfect everyday nude. And regretfully passed on #116 - sheer plum. It was a tad too sheer for my tastes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2008 10:26:00 AM More reviews by kyasha

Yes, it's a little pricey for $50 a tube -- that is not retractable, no less. But the cremey long-lasting formulation, with the incredible burst of color is worth it. #104 is a warm red that still blends in with my natural pigmented lips. It gives a little oomph and makes the most beautiful, versatile shade that can work for a black dress occasion to a work presentation. I can't wait to try #112 next. Don't be shy and ask for samples! I have two other lipstick samples that the SA gave me, and I can't wait to try them.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2008 9:25:00 PM More reviews by tulipflower

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is totally an unbelievable lipstick! There is somewhat a limited selections of colours and I find that they come on a bit sheer. I only purchased shade #24. I think it is comparable to NARS de Jour colour. It is a perfect shade to wear everyday. The tube looks brown and on your hand it is a beigy, pink, light brown shade. I find it is a perfect neutral shade of lipstick. I was told that #7 is a perfect summer shade for my skin tone.
I would have to say that this brand and shade is a staple for me. UPDATE: Because it is so sheer the staying power is not all that long, but same goes for Chanel also. I always have to reapply especially when I am trying to drink lots of water. The application is really nice, but I will lower the lippie because it does not last long on your lips, but lowering my rating is difficult for me to do because if it did last longer, I'm sure it would dry my lips and I would not give a high rating also. I would repuchase and still suggest this line of lipstick. The color selection is limited.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2008 5:48:00 PM More reviews by bff

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this product. i got 105 and the color is so pretty (i'm fair, dark hair). it feels so good and stays on forever. it conditions my lips like magic and they feel good even after i've removed the lipstick!

only minor complaint is the weird packaging. i don't like the angle on the applicator (too steep) and the clicky twist that only goes out (can't retract).

also, i don't like any of the other colors, i think this is pretty much the only one that works for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2008 12:12:00 PM More reviews by moonstone2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the top two lipstick formulas I have ever tried (the other is by Terry Rouge Delectation--equally amazing and spendy!) I recently purchased a couple of these using a birthday gift certificate: #101 (a beautiful, glowy, warm-toned coral color) and #104 (my favorite--a radiant, neutral-toned rosy-red). Although I haven't sampled any other colors, these two are gorgeous. I would imagine there are other gems among the color selection, as well. As the previous reviewer noted, the texture is comfortably balm-like; a cross between lipstick and gloss. The color is buildable, with nice payoff. The finish is soft, glowy, moisturizing, and surprisingly tenacious for a glossy formula. In short--an absolutely wonderful lipstick! I would certainly repurchase, as well as try out more colors, if the product wasn't so expensive. As it is, I'll practice restraint and save future purchases for special occasions, like birthdays. And yes--the slender, elegent lipstick holder isn't retractable, so be careful not to click out too much formula from the case.