Rimmel Fix and Perfect Foundation Primer

3.0

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Propylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Dimethicone, Polyethylene, Talc, Dimethicone PEG 10/15 Crosspolymer, Magnesium Sulfate, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Lauryl PEG 9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Lecithin, Fragrance, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Methylparaben, Gossypium Herbaceum Powder (Cotton), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Silica, Dipropylene Glycol, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Triethoxycaprylylsilane, BHT, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methypropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Geraniol, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Citronellol, May Contain ( /-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Chromium Oxide Green (CI 77288), Ultramarines (CI 77007)

on 1/15/2014 2:03:00 PM

Great primer! I use this one and have also used the other one called pro. This one I prefer more, it feels so smooth on the skin, helps keep my oily t-zone in check, and my makeup applies smoothly over top.
Update: After using this for many months I decided to try something different, Garnier 5 sec blur. What a difference it made. My skin looks 100% better with the Garnier so I won't be buying the Rimmel again.

on 1/10/2014 10:39:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

My favourite primer was a YSL, has been discontinued and its replacement priced itself off my list. No matter, there is Rimmel, a winner for me and when I used it on my Mother's skin as wedding makeup for her grandson's wedding she loved it too. I bought a non tinted one in the States and the tinted one in my home country. My advice is to try both and see which one works best with your makeup. It's worth serious consideration.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This primer is really good. My foundation breaks on my smiles lines and looks really ugly. Ive tried quite a few primers but this one works pretty well. It also helps my makeup go on smoother. I also like that its a peach colour, it help even out my skin a lil bit.

on 1/1/2014 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Being an older lady I was quite impressed with primer not just being a sheer dimethicone lotion. I apply with a stipple and use a foundation over it..Very important how you apply a setting powder. It hid pores and lines quite well. It comes in several formula's. I think it works well. I would highly recommend for older skin, I've got a drawer full of primers..I find myself reaching for this product.

Unfortunately this just didn't do anything for my skin. Didn't create a better base for my makeup, if anything I felt that it made my skin absorb my foundation, it was too runny and thin. I just found it sticky and didn't make my skin look any better or my foundation last any longer. A shame because it's not too expensive.

on 12/28/2013 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I wanted to love this, but I don't. Here's why:

Although I am on a frugal living campaign, I cannot continue to use something that makes my face look like I threw ash on this. Clearly, this is not suitable for darker skin tones.

Also, it left streaks on my face this making the need to go heavier on the foundation and not lighter. Ain't nobody got time for that!

I would rather use a BB cream than this product. IJS...

on 12/20/2013 2:32:00 PM

Wasn't sure about the necessity of a primer but found that an application of this primer across all of face (with particular focus around my nose, chin and tops of cheeks) really smoothed out my skin and provided and great base for foundation and concealer. The primer smells quite comforting and is absorbed into my skin really quickly as it's a good consistency. It doesn't clog up my pores as I thought it might, but instead makes my foundation look better and last longer. Packaging isn't anything special, but the product is a makeup bag staple and suits my combination/sensitive skin to a tee!

on 12/11/2013 7:22:00 PM

this primer is amazing. I apply this after my moisturiser has settled in and under my foundation/concealer. and my skin hasn't looked this smooth and even for some time. my foundation doesnt settle into my fine lines and pores as it used to. my dry patches dont show and my oily patches on the sides of my nose and my chin dont look greasy. it is a slightly matt but not dull apperance. I now feel like all the money i spend on foundations,concealers and powders etc is not being wasted. because this primer allows the makeup I apply on top to sit flawlessy on my skin. I am so glad I decided to purchase this. most definately a fan.

on 12/9/2013 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This foundation didn't perform very well for me. Although it was quite cheap, applied nicely and did help my foundation stay on longer it did nothing at all to smooth out the imperfections on my skin, especially the large pores on my nose and cheeks.
I will most likely not be purchasing this again.

on 11/30/2013 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I'm highly impressed with this primer! Primers tend to be on the pricey end, so I was a bit hesitant to buy a $7.99 primer. I'm so glad I did it! It has a lovely, light scent when you first apply it. It is the perfect consistency - not too thick or too watery. My foundation (Mac Pro Longwear) spreads like a dream after I apply this primer and it wears beautifully all day. You cannot beat the price.