July 31, 2014 | 2069 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Rimmel - Fix and Perfect Foundation Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2013 8:19:00 AM More reviews by ladypamela1

I was on the lookout for the higher rated (on MUA) Fix & Perfect 002, but they didn't have it at my drugstore so I bought this, and for me it is all kinds of greatness. I prefer this over Smashbox, Benefit and Maybelline. I was worried about the peach tint altering my foundation color and if it would be too mattifying aka drying for my combo skin. Neither was an issue for me. All I wanted was for my foundation too have a base and for it to stay on longer. This works beautifully. It does not make removing makeup at the end of the day any more difficult and I will repurchase this again if I cannot find the 002 version. Not that I am displeased with this one at all but just out of curiosity : ) Thanks Rimmel London!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Phoenix761

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a staple for me and my oily, acne-prone skin. Tried it, love, will never be without it. The tube packaging is hygenic/sanitary. There is a small amount of fragrance that I never notice and does not irritate my skin. The color, which seems to be an issue for some, turns out to be a benefit for me. Some ladies say it does not alter the color of their foundation....some say otherwise. I think it depends on the ph of your skin, and whether or not foundations tend to oxidize on you. My skin has somewhat of an attitude problem, so it will oxidize any foundation whenever it feels like it.
So the peach color of the primer is meant for correcting sallow undertones in the skin. This is great if you are olive-toned, or if you have gey palor from smoking. It does do it for me...but it does effect the color of my foundation slighty. it makes my foundation slightly deeper and warmer...just a little. I like to use this with foundations that require me to buy a shade lighter than I actually wear, in order to get the best match.
I use it with my Revlon Colorstay in Toast. When you apply the primer to the skin, the peach color fades into nothing.
The texture is not too slick or silicony feeling. So it does not make your foundation slide around on your face after a few hours. It does not feel dry either. It wears comfortably on the skin, and I never remember that I applied it at all.
If I wear it with a dewier foundation, such as my Revlon Photoready, it mattes it down considerably. This helps all of my foundations last a very long time, pretty much all day untill I take it off. I am one of those women who wants a flawless face all day. This primer makes the difference for me. I applied this primer, Revlon Colorstay Foundation (oily/combination formula), and Loreal True Match Pressed Powder at 8 A.M. It's 5 P.M. and my nose is not the least bit shiny. It's perfectly matte and I have not powdered once since I applied it.
With that being said, it IS wintertime. However, I am notoriously oily year-round. I love this primer and the price is unbeatable.
P.S. I have learned that in order to keep a flawless face all day, it is best to use the appropriate primers and foundations together. Matte foundation-matte primer. Dewy foundation-moisterizing primer. The similiar textures are meant to work together, without compromising the visual finish of the foundation.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

I had heard a lot of good things about this primer (in 002 -- the one without the tint) and I was really excited to try it out. But it turned out that this isn't the primer for me, although it wasn't the worst thing I ever tried.
I'll start with what I did like -- I liked the squeeze-tube packaging, but I did have to cut the tube open...eventually I couldn't get any product out even though I could feel that there was still a lot in there. I liked the light scent that this had, kind of a clean, soapy scent. It definitely smells when you're applying this, but the scent fades away after a few minutes, so I don't think it would be super troublesome to those sensitive to fragrance. I also liked the way this felt on the skin...more like a gel moisturizer than a primer. It doesn't have that siliconey feel, and it really did provide a nice base for my foundation.
However, since this does have more of a gel consistency, I found it took a while to sink into my skin. With some primers, I can apply foundation immediately after applying the primer. I tried that with this (using liquid foundation), and my foundation just kind of slipped around and balled up. I usually have to wait a good 10+ minutes after applying this before I can apply my foundation. Sometimes that's not a big deal, but when I'm in a hurry, I don't have time to do that. Also, this claims to mattify the skin, but I found it did nothing of the sort. I don't think this made me more oily, but it definitely did nothing to control oil throughout the day (I'm not super oily, but I have combo skin and I was using this mostly over the summer when I tend to be more oily). I also don't think this made a big difference in how long my foundation would wear. My foundation would look pretty good for about 6-8 hours, but I can get wear like that without using a primer.
Overall, I think people with normal to dry skin might benefit more from this. It wasn't bad, and I didn't have any negative reactions to it, but it just didn't give me what I want from a primer. I'd rather shell out the extra money for a high end primer that I know will work well for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2013 1:22:00 AM More reviews by Gretalin

I actually love this product a lot! I bought it in 001. It holds my make up for whole day! Even it doesn't clam it will make ur skin looks matt or something, I found it make my foundation last all day at my oily area. It looks good after I start oily, looks like a natural skin. I love this as a drugstore primer and I will definitely keep using it

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2013 6:08:00 AM More reviews by HollyWould123

I'm surprised by the number of negative reviews we have here! I've used many primers before, and unfortunately primer is one of those things where "you get what you pay for". If you're looking for a great primer, and money is no object, try Smashbox or Vincent Longo. Anyway, I liked this primer. It's not the best I've ever used. I didn't feel the apricot color had much of an impact on my look. Then again, I wear foundation, concealer; and powder to set my look. I think it's a decent buy for $7. Not a front runner, though. I'd go with Loreal if you're looking for a drug store primer. It's about the same, but slightly better without the pigment in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Shay83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ATTENTION DARK UNDER EYE SUFFERERS!

I use this product for my pesky dark under eyes and it works like a dream! I prime with this apricot primer, use my GA Master corrector in #2, and then finish with my MAC studio finish concealer in NW 40. Note, it is very little product in all three steps, and I use my finger to apply and blend using patting motions with my ring finger. I am of East Indian decent and my under eye circles are more of a dark DARK brown. This product works great to start counter acting the darkness and really keeps everything in place. I have searched long and hard for any product that helps make me look bright and rested and all I have ever seem to come across are products that make my eyes look like a grey ashy mess! This works great!!

I am definitely going to re purchase....at $7 bucks a pop you cant really go wrong!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2013 6:14:00 PM More reviews by xenobia1968

I have this with the BLUE cap. It's clearish (no foundation color at all) and I actually like it a lot. I don't have many lines left, but what little I do have, this keeps foundation from settling into them. It feels like I've put another moisturizer on but doesn't feel heavy. For me, it does everything it's supposed to do. I will repurchase the 002 version.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2013 5:41:00 PM More reviews by SMaj

Howdy! For all the people who didn't like this (but don't want to throw it in the bin) try using just on the nose area, I tried it just on the sides of my nose and noticed it held my foundation relatively well, I'd say about 5 hours? I also use it mainly on my neck and chest area as it holds my foundation well there. I now use the No7 Protect and Prime as I have very oily skin and it is amazing!! Definitely worth a try! Hope this has been helpful to those who didn't like it so much!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2013 10:34:00 AM More reviews by sakura14

I have combination to oily skin and most of primers and foundations do not last much on my face. But despite my oily skin condition, I found this primer to be decent enough to last me almost half day, My criteria as that the foundation and primers I use last almost 12 hours with only powder touch up to fix it.

The performance of this product gradually fades and have early warning sign of oiliness ahead. I recommend this to dry skin because a friend of mine tried it with that kind of skin condition and it worked longer with her.

I hope you find this helpful.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by savannahm97

BUY THIS IN 002 (blue cap NOT dark purple cap)! I've used 001 and it is the worst. It comes out orange and I'm really pale so that does not work at all and it's just bad in general. It doesn't really do anything to keep my makeup on longer. However 002 is perfect! It comes out clear and it actually keeps my face less oily throughout the day. It says it minimizes pores and I have really big pores and I really didn't see a difference. I still love it and ALWAYS use it before my foundation! I have dry skin and this actually moisturizes a little bit! It is a dollar or two more than the 001 because its from the Pro line but it is worth the money!