November 23, 2014 | 1957 users online

Styling Products - John Frieda - Frizz-Ease Hair Serum

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2011 7:02:00 PM More reviews by SeattleBlond

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this product for 2 years now and I find it's the best in controlling frizz in my long, thick hair. A little goes a long way. A small dollop (dime size) rubbed between my palms and then rubbed through wet hair before applying a styling product. Use any more and hair can look greasy.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2011 5:36:00 PM More reviews by halliebean

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Yep! This is a gooder if you have wacky "can't make up its mind" hair (am I wavy, am I curly, am I straight...NOPE I'm frizzy) like me.

I often have to put my hair up in a ponytail in the afternoon to not have to expose the world and myself to the frizzy mop that is my hair.

This product though, keeps my wavy curls in check for the ENTIRE day (I'm no longer sporting elastic bands around my wrist for my afternoon ponytail fix) and adds a sheen to them too.

Will definately be buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2011 3:03:00 AM More reviews by Makeupqueen17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is a life-saver! Living in the humidity of the summertime can be a battle for my hair, it just loves to get frizzy. However, this product really does help keep my hair under control. Just a small pump transforms my hair into manageable, silky locks and I love it. A small pump of this product really is all you need- my only complaint about this product is you have to be careful or else it will weigh your hair down and make your roots look greasy. However, using just a tiny bit of this product and avoiding extensive application to your roots, this serum works well and makes hair silky.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by troglodyte

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It is just as effective as Garnier's Sleek & Shine Serum for 3 times the cost. In fact it's a bit less effective, the product is thicker so it's way too easy to put in too much. Also runs out much faster.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2011 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Blodwyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Awful. Just gave me ultra shiny frizz

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2011 8:37:00 AM More reviews by Kristie1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this serum for about 2 months now everyday and although it's not perfect, I don't think I could leave the house without using it anymore. It does actually make quite a difference. For me, it's not about frizzy hair though, rather just smoothing the many fly aways I have. It does a fantastic job of making my hair look shiney and smooth, which is great since where I live the humidity is through the roof. The thing that annoys me about this stuff though, is I can't use it more than 2 days after washing my hair or it will look disgustingly greasy. Also, the cap comes on and off so easily I decided I can't keep trying to carry it with me or it goes everywhere! I wish the cap would stay on. If it did, honestly I'd take it everywhere I go. The price is also quite good considering it will last you a while (I'm barely a quarter through it and have been using it on my thick, long hair for 2 months!). Although it's not perfect, I'd encourage everyone to try it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2011 10:49:00 AM More reviews by BlytheCW

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

While I don't think this is an anti-frizz miricle, it is the best serum for such a small price. When I don't want to shell out >$20 for living proof, I get an $8 bottle of this stuff. I usually use one pump for shoulder length hair, then blow dry, and finish with aveda anti-humectant pomade.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2011 12:30:00 AM More reviews by myluv4mac23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this product makes my hair smooth, thats for sure... but it leaves a greasy effect, i never knew hair could feel soft but sooo greasy aswell. i wouldnt recomend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2011 9:11:00 PM More reviews by piggytoes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I like this product a lot. I only need to apply a dime-sized amount on my medium/long hair, and it dries with a light, unnoticeable finish and leaves my hair sooo soft and touchable, like a baby's! I can't comment on how it does with frizz, though, because my hair is very straight.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/18/2011 8:14:00 PM More reviews by XanthBlu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I realllllllllly HATE this rubbish! i was excited to try this as i was sick of having frizzy hair and i naively thought this would do the trick but its utter rubbish! i tried it using different amounts but it either didnt work, enhanced my frizz or just made my hair greasy. Fortunatly i was given tigi defrizzer to try which worked wonders it just smoothed out frizz without makin it greasy!