February 27, 2015 | 2029 users online

Styling Products - John Frieda - Frizz-Ease Hair Serum

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2011 4:32:00 AM More reviews by NQseraphina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I neither love nor hate this product. It doesn't do the greatest job controlling frizz, which is a shame because that's the chief issue this product should be controlling, right?

HOWEVER, when applied properly, I do notice a difference in the texture of my hair. It feels smoother, less tangled, softer, and overall, just NICER. Be careful not to apply too much (I have very long hair, well past shoulders, and I only use about a dime-sized amount) or else you run the risk of having greasy-looking hair. Don't apply anywhere near your roots! Whenever I skip on applying this serum, I can tell my hair is a little more unruly, more difficult to brush out, coarse-feeling, etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2011 6:39:00 PM More reviews by misshillary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this serum! It really works! Before I found this serum, I would have to blow dry my hair everyday to get it frizz free and straight. After I found this at Wal-Mart, I tried it and WOW...I can say good bye to my blow dryer! My hair is left straight, frizz free, soft, and my hair looks healthier! Will be buying this forever from now on!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2011 2:15:00 PM More reviews by sophiec412

To start with I'll let you know what my hair is naturally like. Its fine but I have lots of it, and its quite coarse. After washing and with products or styling its big! A big mess of frizz! I've tried loads of products for frizz, types of shampoo, leave in conditioners and serums, none have worked so well that I don't need to straighten anyway. Until this, I've only used it once so far, followed the instructions and put it on soaking wet hair. Once dry its smooth, still has its natural wave but no frizz at all, I mean none. I am shocked at how effective this is, If it carries on doing it I'll buy it again and again! My HG hair product!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2011 11:30:00 AM More reviews by ReiKoko

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this serum for roughly 4-5 years and with good reason. My hair used to be very frizzy, no matter what I tried. I tried out several products from various brands that claimed to eliminate frizz, but nothing really worked. I decided to give this a try and it made a huge difference. I have long, thick hair, and just one pump helped get rid of most, if not all, of my frizz, and I've sworn by this ever since. It worked so well, that I also switched my shampoo and conditioner to John Frieda, and I haven't seen a frizzy strand since. I can even airdry my hair now (which I couldn't do before, unless I wanted a puffball on my head), and it will still be smooth and extremely shiny and soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2011 7:02:00 PM More reviews by SeattleBlond

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this product for 2 years now and I find it's the best in controlling frizz in my long, thick hair. A little goes a long way. A small dollop (dime size) rubbed between my palms and then rubbed through wet hair before applying a styling product. Use any more and hair can look greasy.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2011 5:36:00 PM More reviews by halliebean

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Yep! This is a gooder if you have wacky "can't make up its mind" hair (am I wavy, am I curly, am I straight...NOPE I'm frizzy) like me.

I often have to put my hair up in a ponytail in the afternoon to not have to expose the world and myself to the frizzy mop that is my hair.

This product though, keeps my wavy curls in check for the ENTIRE day (I'm no longer sporting elastic bands around my wrist for my afternoon ponytail fix) and adds a sheen to them too.

Will definately be buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2011 3:03:00 AM More reviews by Makeupqueen17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is a life-saver! Living in the humidity of the summertime can be a battle for my hair, it just loves to get frizzy. However, this product really does help keep my hair under control. Just a small pump transforms my hair into manageable, silky locks and I love it. A small pump of this product really is all you need- my only complaint about this product is you have to be careful or else it will weigh your hair down and make your roots look greasy. However, using just a tiny bit of this product and avoiding extensive application to your roots, this serum works well and makes hair silky.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by troglodyte

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It is just as effective as Garnier's Sleek & Shine Serum for 3 times the cost. In fact it's a bit less effective, the product is thicker so it's way too easy to put in too much. Also runs out much faster.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2011 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Blodwyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Awful. Just gave me ultra shiny frizz

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2011 8:37:00 AM More reviews by Kristie1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this serum for about 2 months now everyday and although it's not perfect, I don't think I could leave the house without using it anymore. It does actually make quite a difference. For me, it's not about frizzy hair though, rather just smoothing the many fly aways I have. It does a fantastic job of making my hair look shiney and smooth, which is great since where I live the humidity is through the roof. The thing that annoys me about this stuff though, is I can't use it more than 2 days after washing my hair or it will look disgustingly greasy. Also, the cap comes on and off so easily I decided I can't keep trying to carry it with me or it goes everywhere! I wish the cap would stay on. If it did, honestly I'd take it everywhere I go. The price is also quite good considering it will last you a while (I'm barely a quarter through it and have been using it on my thick, long hair for 2 months!). Although it's not perfect, I'd encourage everyone to try it.