August 1, 2014 | 2072 users online

Styling Products - John Frieda - Frizz-Ease Hair Serum

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2011 3:03:00 AM More reviews by Makeupqueen17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is a life-saver! Living in the humidity of the summertime can be a battle for my hair, it just loves to get frizzy. However, this product really does help keep my hair under control. Just a small pump transforms my hair into manageable, silky locks and I love it. A small pump of this product really is all you need- my only complaint about this product is you have to be careful or else it will weigh your hair down and make your roots look greasy. However, using just a tiny bit of this product and avoiding extensive application to your roots, this serum works well and makes hair silky.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by troglodyte

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It is just as effective as Garnier's Sleek & Shine Serum for 3 times the cost. In fact it's a bit less effective, the product is thicker so it's way too easy to put in too much. Also runs out much faster.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2011 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Blodwyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Awful. Just gave me ultra shiny frizz

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2011 8:37:00 AM More reviews by Kristie1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this serum for about 2 months now everyday and although it's not perfect, I don't think I could leave the house without using it anymore. It does actually make quite a difference. For me, it's not about frizzy hair though, rather just smoothing the many fly aways I have. It does a fantastic job of making my hair look shiney and smooth, which is great since where I live the humidity is through the roof. The thing that annoys me about this stuff though, is I can't use it more than 2 days after washing my hair or it will look disgustingly greasy. Also, the cap comes on and off so easily I decided I can't keep trying to carry it with me or it goes everywhere! I wish the cap would stay on. If it did, honestly I'd take it everywhere I go. The price is also quite good considering it will last you a while (I'm barely a quarter through it and have been using it on my thick, long hair for 2 months!). Although it's not perfect, I'd encourage everyone to try it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2011 10:49:00 AM More reviews by BlytheCW

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

While I don't think this is an anti-frizz miricle, it is the best serum for such a small price. When I don't want to shell out >$20 for living proof, I get an $8 bottle of this stuff. I usually use one pump for shoulder length hair, then blow dry, and finish with aveda anti-humectant pomade.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2011 12:30:00 AM More reviews by myluv4mac23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this product makes my hair smooth, thats for sure... but it leaves a greasy effect, i never knew hair could feel soft but sooo greasy aswell. i wouldnt recomend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2011 9:11:00 PM More reviews by piggytoes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I like this product a lot. I only need to apply a dime-sized amount on my medium/long hair, and it dries with a light, unnoticeable finish and leaves my hair sooo soft and touchable, like a baby's! I can't comment on how it does with frizz, though, because my hair is very straight.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/18/2011 8:14:00 PM More reviews by XanthBlu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I realllllllllly HATE this rubbish! i was excited to try this as i was sick of having frizzy hair and i naively thought this would do the trick but its utter rubbish! i tried it using different amounts but it either didnt work, enhanced my frizz or just made my hair greasy. Fortunatly i was given tigi defrizzer to try which worked wonders it just smoothed out frizz without makin it greasy!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2011 12:19:00 AM More reviews by francisvi

Wowza! I'm surprised with the very low rating! I love this serum, I'm on my third bottle already, in Original formula. My hair is medium long, and just slightly wavy. I straighten my hair sometimes, and I use this before straightening, when my hair is still a little bit damp, just a pump is enough for all over. I mostly focus on the ends part, tho. It smells good, but it feels like oil - kind of. If I use this today, I'll have to wash my hair the next day. It works well for me, keeps my hair from drying and splitting. I'll keep purchasing :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2011 9:48:00 AM More reviews by summerrain1994

I absolutely adore this product - because of the price (I'm cheap) I have tried to move onto other things but I keep coming back to this guy.
I apply it after I shower in wet/damp hair and when my hair is dry, it is sooo soft and smooth. It's not the greatest with frizz, to be honest, though I know do notice a difference.
My favourite is the heat protectant just because I don't have to use a spray with it.