Home Made Brush Cleaner / Cleanser

1/2 tbsp. clear shampoo
1/2 tbsp. dishwashing liquid
1 tbsp. liquid spray-in conditioner

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I just wanted to add this as a tip for everyone here . I recently found this through a makeup blog and tried it my self. I found out that produce wash or vegtable wash from the health food store cleans brushes really well so I bought it. My brushes get so clean and so so and none of that oil or gunk is left behind. It melts away the foundation so easy and after my brushes dry they are very soft. So everyone needs to go get some a bottle is huge and last a long time and so cheap maybe between 3-5 dollars depending on where you live. LOVE it .

I used the recipe found on EnKore's YT site...and it was great! I will no longer go out and buy brush cleansers and waste my money when I can make this amazing and cheap product at home!!

It worked just as well as my MAC brush cleanser (which i will now not re-purchase), and it lasts for a long time so you can make up a big batch of it and and then not have to bother for a long time.

Seriously...I read reviews on this and had my doubts but its one of the best things I have ever made at home and I am so happy to know about it - thank you MUA once again!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I'm glad I found this recipe on here as I just started using foundation brushes and was having trouble cleaning them. I have used this for about a month and it works great! I put it in a spray bottle and it's easy to clean my brushes off every time I use them now. I had everything (except the spray bottle) around the house, so it was practically free. Less money spent on brush cleaner means more $ to spend on fun stuff!

I was on YouTube and came across EnKore's recipe for this and i have fallen in love! it's amazing, super cheap (which i love) and it works wonders. The alcohol in it smells kinda bad but i got over it and it wasn't too overpowering, i definately recomend you try this amazing stuff!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

IN LOOOOOOVE!!!! I've been using my first batch for months now, and it's beat out all my other brush cleansers. Super easy to make, and you can easily find all the ingredients in your home, and if you don't have them already, you won't spend mOre than $10, which is probably what you would spend on any other brush cleaner anyway. This stuff really keeps my brushes cleaned between deep cleans, and dependingbon your ingredients, the smell is very inoffensive! Cheap, effective, easy to make. What more could you ask for?!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Before making this, i would wash (deep clean) my brushes (maybe) once a week. Now i can have clean brushes between washes too!! i goofed and ended up making my own version.

(Yea for not reading directions before starting) i ended up with this mixture: 8.5oz total(roughly)

3/4 cup distilled water
1/4 cup 91% alchohol
1TBs dish washing soap (great degreaser)
1TBs shampoo
1TBs leave in conditioner
squirt of tea tree

this totally cleaned the concealer off my brush today with no residue. im totally stoked about being able to have sanitary brushes. i think the extra detergents and conditioner made all the difference. Not only did the brushes come clean but they felt great too.

UPDATE: almost a month later and i have had only 1-2 pimples this month. (tiny whiteheads that popped themselves and left no scar) im convinced that having clean brushes has made a total difference in the condition of my skin yea!

Wow! I love this home made brush cleanser recipe. I used half a plastic water bottle of tap water, half of that amount of rubbing alcohol, a few squirts of dishwash detergents (i used cascade), same amount of baby shampoo (used aveeno baby shampoo), same amount of foaming make up cleanser gel from avene (the one in a big white bottle with a pump). i shook it well and let it sit for a while because it foams up. then soaked my dirty brushes in it (i get enough cleanser for three washes so i put the amount i need for a wash in a ceramic cup), rinse in running water and voila! it's clean! it doesn't smell bad, very cheap, cleans well, brushes stay soft. can't go wrong with this. do give it a try girls!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I made Enkore's homemade brush cleaner; recipe is below. I needed a brush cleaner and I needed something temporary since I had no time to go to the store. OMG, I cannot believe how well this cleans my brushes. I just put a little on my brush and I wipe it clean with a paper towel. I do this after every use on my MAC 187. I will use this on all my brushes. I will not go out and buy another brush cleaner as this works perfectly fine. I can't believe how cheap and effective this is. I had all of the ingredients at home. I made one batch then put them in 3 little bottles. I am super happy that I found this recipe here on MUA. Thank you to the person that posted the recipe! You have to try this...why not save some money and do it yourself.

wow i luv it found him on youtube so helpful made some after watching the video had everything at home already great stuff !

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

EnKore's Homemade Brush Cleaner

1 cup distilled water
1/4 cup alcohol
1/2 tbsp. clear shampoo
1/2 tbsp. diswashing liquid
1 tbsp. liquid spray-in conditioner (I used Equate's version of No More Tears, EnKore used Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Moisture Mist, either is fine)

This home made brush cleaner works AMAZINGLY well and it's very cheap to make. For very soiled brushes, you can clean them with EVOO, then this brush cleaner. Works great! So cheap!

Popular Makeup Brushes