October 21, 2014 | 1018 users online

Polishes - OPI - Black Cherry Chutney

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2011 8:32:00 PM More reviews by GothamPolish

I love this color. The brush is a little too wide on mine, and dark colors are not fun to clean up... but the color is so deep and the red glowing shimmer is a hidden surprise. For some reason, this color really cheers me up!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2011 11:28:00 PM More reviews by melvrs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

One of the colors I actually own, and don't just use at the manicurist. I love it that much! I arrived at BCC because I quite liked the infamous Lincoln Park After Dark, but there was something about it that was just a little too intense for everyday wear. BCC is perfect -- a nice, deep wine that isn't matte but neither does it have obnoxious shimmer. It has a bit of a glow. It really does look like the color of the darkest cherries I used to get in California in the summer, or some deep red wine. I do catch myself just blankly staring at the pretty color of my nails pretty often when I wear it. So I do highly recommend it as one of OPI's more perfect shades from the dark, vampy group.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2011 10:41:00 PM More reviews by PurpleDragonFly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I thought it would be a brighter purple. Tho I do love the black cherry color. It's very dark. In the light you can see the sparkles and the purple. It goes with just about everything I wear. I will buy this one again. Two coats and a top coat..perfect.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2011 4:03:00 AM More reviews by tiffhua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In the bottle, the color looks very much a deep nice purple with lots of gold shimmer. But the finished product (two coats) on the nail looks ehhhhhhhhh. You can't really see the shimmer and the nice purple looks basically black. In the sun/light I guess you can tell that it's purple but it's not as purple as I hoped it would be.

With one coat, the color looks like a wine burgundy color, again with no shimmer but one coat alone will not suffice because it's looks quite streaky.

I was very disappointed because the color did not turn out as nice and shimmery as I hoped it would. Just looks boring and basically black... Almost like opi's siberian nights. Very disappointing!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2011 2:56:00 PM More reviews by jenaralee

Great formula, as always, and great coverage. Two easy coats. I love this blackened berry color!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2011 7:58:00 PM More reviews by KATHYVZW

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, I accidentally ordered two bottles from Amazon but luckily I like it. I'll use two coats and top with Sally Hanson Advanced Hard as Nails Strengthening Topcoat. It's glossier than OPI top coat and makes the color stay on longer as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2011 1:33:00 AM More reviews by vanilla55555

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is actually a very gorgeous colours and has MANY different shades to it, depending on lighting. In the bottle, it appears to be a dark reddish, burgundy colour that is almost brown. However, when applied, you will start seeing a splash of purple. Under lighting, the polish will appear to be more purplish-red, instead of that dark vampy brown. Overall, like most OPI nail polishes, it's quick drying and wet enough to easily apply. However, like all OPI nail polishes, it's a bit more expensive than most drug store brands; however, i believe it is worth it

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2010 12:17:00 AM More reviews by pulpomorado

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

the color is a very deep shade of red, almost brownish. More than two coats and it looks too dark, almost black. Two coats and it is just perfect, a nice super dark cherry color. Might not be the favorite of many, but I think it is ok, I would buy it again if I ever finish the bottle!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2010 10:57:00 PM More reviews by zeppelin15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Oh Goodness! I love this colour!
Normally, I don't wear dark polishes, but for some reason I decided to give this one a go.
Well, it turned out to be one of my favourites!

This dark wine/purple/burgundy colour is so fantastic! Since the colour is a flat finish, it doesn't look as harsh as many other darks tend to look.

I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is trying a dark hue for the first time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2010 10:32:00 PM More reviews by glamourdoll

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am not into dark vampy colors but I do love reds, so I picked this up. I applied one coat to my toenails and it read as black in normal indoor lighting. However, with my feet up on the dashboard on a sunny day............wow it looks really gorgeous! I think of this as a deep red that's almost black in the bottle. I think that I would repurchase this if I ever ran out. Of course the formula is fantastic, for application & wear. And the pro-wide brush has just about ruined me for anything else. If you want a vampy color, this is worth consideration.