April 18, 2014 | 1931 users online

Concealers - By Terry - Touch-Expert

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2009 4:43:00 PM More reviews by strawberryfusion88

I have been looking for an under-eye concealer for ages and this is the best thing I have come across so far. I have tried MAC Studio Sculpt, Select Cover Up, Studio Finish, Nars, Laura Mercier but none have been that great at covering that blue/purple colour I have been getting on and off. As soon as the MUA put this on I was totally amazed. There is no dark shadows, no creasing, no sinking into the lines or sliding off. It also stays for hours and hours. I set it with the Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder. I really recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2009 3:27:00 PM More reviews by citylady

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have to add to the raves. It is expensive but worth it. I am 49 and have had dark shadows under my eyes all of my adult life. (Of course they have gotten worse with time). Also, the texture of the skin under my eyes is not perfectly smooth. I have tried sooo many concealers and really like this one. I have it in #1 and agree that it looks pinkish when it pumps out of the tube but then looks a neutral light radiant beige when it's on. It looks smooth, wears pretty well and doesn't crease into fine lines. I don't use the attached brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2009 4:25:00 AM More reviews by TinaGreece

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

*PICS and ingredient listing* Anyhow, I have this in #1 Fair. My skin is NC20ish. True, for some reason shade #1 looks pinkish on the brush and when you squirt it out, but once blended it turns into a very light neutral beigey with yellowish undertones! Weird I know but I'm so happy about that! phew! But also the texture, WOW!!!! This is seriously the best concealer I have ever tried hands down. I was using Dior's Anticerne Perfecteur Soin Hydratant-Long Wearing Moisturizing Concealer and Kanebo's Concealer (Brush Type) Anti-Cernes for the last year or so and I thought they were great, but lately (i.e. getting older hmpf!) even with the most moisturising eye cream underneath (shiseido benefiance) my fine lines were being emphasized terribly and at the end of the day or night my eye area looked awful! However, once I tried this concealer I was absolutely stunned. My fine lines were not emphasized at all and it completely smoothed out my eye area, I was in awe. This definitely has to be one of the best products I have ever tried and am going to buy backups- which I rarely do.
Retails here for 33 euros / 42.5 US$ / 30.5 GBpounds.
Now I also want the foundation!

UPATE: (Copy paste from my review for by terry's light expert foundation) Therefore, I'm now sticking to by terry's touch expert concealer (shade #2) which I wear as a foundation (I wear #1 under the eye area). I just can't beat the end result it gives, flawless for hours and hours even after a long night out partying and no need to wear powder over it at all. It smooths my complexion out like no ones business and just looks incredibly natural but also does offer coverage. I know it's not the most cost effective way to go - it retails for 34 euros and I go through these pens so fast this way- but this is the one product I gladly shell out the bucks for as I have never been so impressed with any other product or end result as I am with this one.
(I apply with a sponge).

(concealer worn on right hand side of hand as you see the pic taken in daylight)

continued >>

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2008 10:22:00 AM More reviews by etmg

i too tried this as they had full window advert in Space NK and I am always on the hunt for a good undereye concealer as I have slight puffiness under one eye which creates a dark circle. The thing that impressed me about this concelear is the texture, although it has good staying power, it is almost invisible close up and looks really natural. I bought number 2. Number 1 is very pale and number 3 is too dark for me. The only thing I would say is that for me, this works best if i don't apply it all the way up to my lower lash line. I apply it in two crescents just a bit below the lash line. The reason for this is when she put it on me in the shop she applied it all over and it made my eyes look a bit "piggy" although the dark circles had gone. I don't mind a natural shadow just under my eye, just not the dark circles. Overall a lovely product with a great brush. I also read that Terry de Gunzburg who invented this also worked for YSL and invented Touche Eclat, but I prefer this one. It costs 26.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2008 7:51:00 AM More reviews by rainsim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't want to like it, but unfortunately, love it to bits!! Getting dark circles under my eyes, and most under eye concealers are too creamy, causing milia, plus I can never find a colour match. The touch expert is light but hydrating, conceals and also highlight. Looks sheer but covers perfectly. I use it as an all over concealer, not just under eyes. Most days, I just use this, no foundation.

Long lasting too. Usually need a bit of a touch up, esp in the under eye department, when I do the whole day and night outing, but pleasantly suprised when I look at the mirror in my many trips to the bathroom. Lost it last week, and discovered how much it actually does to refreshes my look. Scurried back to the shop pronto!!! Bought two for insurance. I'm still hoping that I can find the first tucked away under the sofa or something.

The only niggle is I haven't mastered the amount of clicking to the amount I actually want. One click, nothing seem to come out. Two clicks, and too much squirts out. I'll take the advise of a reviewer below and actually wait a little.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2008 4:45:00 AM More reviews by vintage_fashionista89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love, love, LOVE this product! I use it in Nude (By Terry LE #5, Becca LSC Olive, LM OFF Sunny Beige, Clinique SF Neutral) & it brightens up my eye area, covers up my dark circles, hides blackheads around my nose etc etc.
I didn't realise how much I loved this product & the foundation until I went travelling. Without makeup my skin looked dull, I had dark circles around my eyes & I just looked tired. Once I applied the foundation & concealer I looked refreshed & glowing! Amazing!
I click the pen & wait for the product to come out of the brush (it takes a little while, don't just keep clicking or too much will come out & you'll waste product). I then use the brush to paint sunrays around my undereyes & dot in the inner corner of my eyes. After that I blend with a my Nars Flat Concealer Brush. Voila! Perfection :)
The lasting power is great, I am a person who forgets/can't be bothered to touch up during the day & when I get home after a full day of work my concealer is still intact which is great :)
I would definitely recommend this product to everyone. You don't need to use it with the foundation (I use it with everything) but they foundation is amazing too. By Terry is my favourite brand in the whole world & I can't wait to try more and more of her products.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2008 4:36:00 PM More reviews by munkey

Agree with tortoiseshellcat review below - hated Touche Eclat, but love By Terry. Doesn't crease and isn't drying. I tried the shade 2, which as yellow tones - shade 1 is too pink. Although the shade was slightly darker than my skin tone, it blended easily, not too dark that it looked weird, and actually made me look healthier. Best for under eye circle coverage, but not bad on spots too. Lightweight, but good coverage overall, and would buy again, despite the high cost. As with all By Terry prodcuts, the packaging is beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2008 8:22:00 AM More reviews by petit_ami

I love this!! I've tried so many concealers... everything creases except this. I was in Space NK taking a look when I tried on this concealer. It matched my skin tone perfectly and didn't seem to crease at the store. After a week, I went back to Space NK to buy another tube, just in case I run out...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2008 7:59:00 AM More reviews by tortoiseshellcat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Only last week I ran out of my Chanel concealer pen (it lasted me hardly any time at all-won't re-purchase!) and so bought the Estee Lauder one but wasn't 100% happy-the colour seemed a little light but the next shade too dark and it was slightly drying under my eyes. But having conceded I wouldn't find much better I then saw a big ad for the new By Terry concealer in the window of Space NK so did a bit of research on the internet.
I couldn't find much info-just one (excellent) review on here and the hype in the press (which I'm always dubious of as they are only printing press releases issued by the cosmetics company usually). But the By Terry foundation got good feedback so yesterday I went back to Space NK to have a look (I was still quite sure I wouldn't buy it-after all I'd only just bought the EL one and it was probably no better). As soon as I saw the colour selection though I had to buy one!
Don't be fooled by the photo of the colour range on the ad-they are so much better in reality! I went for number 2 (nude)-number 1 (fair) is more pinky and number 3 (golden) will be ideal for tanned skin (I'm already planning to purchase the golden when I finally get some summer sunshine!)
This concealer is moisturising and gives good coverage. It works well at covering up dark circles and it is light refelctive. I was a little comcerned as the make-up artist who created Touch-Expert also created Touche-Eclat which I'm not that keen on but the SA assured me this is far more moisturising (which it is) and has a much better range of colours (definitely).
Whereas I usually find I have to use a thicker creamy concealer and then go over the top with a highlighter pen to conceal my under-eye shadows, with this it does feel I can get away with just the one product!
So far, I'm v impressed but it is early days-I just wanted to post a review ASAP in case anyone else is undecided about whether to buy. If I change my mind I will come back and edit this post!
Also, just wanted to say, though expensive at 25, you do get more product than in a great many concealer pens-2.5ml, so I don't suppose it's so bad.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2008 9:45:00 AM More reviews by Gimferrer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Created by the same Lady who created Touch Eclat...

The Pakage is the same that Touch Eclat but in blue shiny lovely tube with Brush included, works with a click, that makes it very hygenic and easy to carry everywhere. I just adore that click on it , it's handy !

In UK comes in 3 Shades: Nude, Fair and Golden. and it costs 25.00.

The good thing about this Concealer is that you can use it under the eyes (because it's gentle enough) as well as to cover up any skin imperfections and gives a better coverage than many around. I never wanted to get 2 different kind of concealers (like Laura Mercier ) for different areas. So this fits the bill nicely for me.

I use it after By Terry Foundation and it's lovely, both gives a nice coverage w/o heaviness and the match for my skin is great.
.........................................................

- Concealers I tried : Laura Mercier Secret Finish, MAC ( Pen ) and Chantecaille
- Skin Tone : MAC NC35.
- Skin Type : DRPW ( Dry, Resistant, Pigmented, Wrinkled )

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No