July 31, 2014 | 962 users online

Eye Shadow - Physicians Formula - Shimmer strips custom eye enhancing shadow & liner

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2009 7:41:00 PM More reviews by purplehair13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love these colors. I have red hair, brown eyes, and very fair skin (in the winter especially I get pretty pale) and these all look great on me. The first three are very natural. I wear them to school. The next three are very pretty also, and a bit more intense than the first. The last three I don't wear often because they're pretty dark, and not good for everyday wear, but they're still beautiful. These are probably some of my favorite eyeshadows I've used and will definitly buy more when they're gone. Some people might not like the shimmer. But, as another reviewer said, if you don't want anything shimmery, then don't buy something that has the word 'shimmer' in the title.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2009 1:27:00 PM More reviews by flwrgrlee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Caught these little babies on sale for $2.79 at Walgreens and after trying the smoky brown eyes this morning had to make another run for a set in another color. Very fun shadows with a really nice feel. I have light brown eyes with gold and green shades in them and the smoky brown eyes set had all the shadow colors that I get complimented on. Color combos inspired me to step out of my comfort zone and try a FOTD idea I saw on that board. Kind of sheer, but at my age (53) don't feel real comfortable with super intense colors anyway. Could use less shimmer, but I have deep set eyes so the shimmer kind of helps them show up a little better. Just have to watch and make sure I don't get it too heavy and get the I-live-in-the-beer-joint look! Love the hefty Lucite packaging! Even like the odd way they open which actually makes it easier to swipe across the color. PFES, I'll be watching you for more!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2009 3:29:00 PM More reviews by dulcetpurr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Some reviews say that this shadow is way too 'shimmery', but to be fair, it does have the word shimmer in the product title.These shadows are pretty and I love the case they come in, but they aren't very pigmented, you've gotta slop a lot of it on to even see the color, and they melt off my lids in a couple hours.I swapped mine away, and won't be repurchasing. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2009 12:59:00 PM More reviews by hoppii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros:
cute packaging, lots of colors, can add shimmer on top of shadow

Cons:
low pigmentation, useless brush, low staying power

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2009 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Ssephora

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this. I'm not big on store brands. But this is just gorgeous. The colors are so beautiful. I got the one for Hazel Eyes, even though I have green eyes. I liked the colors better for hazel than i did for the green one. It takes a few times to go on and show up. You have to keep putting it on to see it on, but after you do, it looks so pretty.

The only thing I really don't like about it is it doesn't stay on that long. I even put primer on before i put this on and it still fades fast. I use Urban Decay eye primer potion. But that's not a deal breaker for me, because this is such a beautiful eyeshadow. I'll buy this again for sure when it runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2009 5:43:00 PM More reviews by vrinda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was looking for a smokey eye palette that wouldn't crash the bank for me..I really love this palette..I have black eyes and got the palette for brown eyes, that was the darkest there. I really use a lot of the 3rd section of strips that gives a nice, purplish-dark smokey eye look.The 1st and the 2nd ones can be used for day time looks... I use the shimmer part on the tear duct area, and a teensy bit under the brow bone. Then I use the middle part on the lid and then the darkest shade on the crease and really blend well. Then I just need to line my waterline and eyelid and put on mascara and I am done..The brush that comes with this palette has a tear drop shape and is great to use the highlight color..I like to use a shading brush to apply the other colors though!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2009 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Olivine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow...what a letdown. These shadows are so pretty in the package. Three trios of eye enhancing shadows deemed as 'natural', 'playful and 'dramatic. The colour combos are as follows:

BROWN EYES
Varying combinations of peachy beige, lilac, and bronze.

HAZEL EYES
Varying combinations of beige, pink and brown.

BLUE EYES
Natural trio of cream, peach and bronze. Other trios are a combination of blue and brown or shimmery grays/silver.

GREEN EYES
Natural trio of light plum tones. Other trios are a combo of forest and earth green shades with either dark purple or brown.

Now onto the bad...

Physician's Formula sure got the shimmer part right in naming this. These shadows all apply as pure, obnoxious shimmer with little pigment. The shimmer particles are not subtle and pretty they are chunky, obvious and downright cheap looking. The texture of the shadow is awful too, chunky, gritty and hard to blend. Very disappointing. Especially as I could definitely see the shades in the Brown eyes collection totally working for me.

The packaging is also awful. A chunky lucite container that has no compartments/spacing between the shadows so when you try to apply a particular colour particles of it fly all over the place and end up mixing with the other colours. PF really is bad for wasteful packaging...

Don't bother with this one. Try out Almay's Intense I-color collection for much better quality shadow trios with a superior texture and cheaper price to boot!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2009 1:34:00 AM More reviews by kristina10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i bought this for hazel eyes and i really like it. i prefer to use little make up for a natural look and it looks great. does the job if you want a sheer look and nothing over the top. makes the color of my eyes pop. the felt brush it comes with is OK. i do use a different one at times. will keep buying!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2009 10:20:00 PM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this for green eyes. The idea that green shadow enhances green eyes, I don't really understand. I was hoping for a lot with this product after getting the baked sands trio, but I was mistaken. These colours show up pretty sheer imo. The only ones that really stand out are the purples, dark green and brown. Although the cream colour in this can make for a nice colour to put in your tearduct. But the light green and other colours just looked shiny on my skin. I would not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/1/2009 10:34:00 AM More reviews by HanadiSaid

I have green eyes but I bought the one for blue eyes. I really wanted the baked smokey trio but my boyfriend saw this one and i thought how cool it had the colors I wanted plus more, so I bought it. It looked nice on my hand but I tried it on my sister who has blue eyes and it was not pretty. It was way to glittery and on your eyes the colors all look the same. I tried to use different colors but they all looked the same, she had alot of glitter all over her face and all the colors ended up looking blue.I used the lightest silver and it was weird after 5 minutes everyone thought she was wearing blue eyeshadow. I would not repurchase.