LUSH Karma Solid Fragrance

3.8

on 9/3/2008 3:16:00 PM

My sister bought one, she likes it but i think it smells like coke. I wouldnt want to be smelling like coke =/

on 7/8/2008 11:17:00 PM

I have been a Karma user for over a decade now, and I always find the scent gentle, refreshing and yes, slightly earthy (in a comforting way, not a dirty way). For the price, Karma solid is a good bang for the buck - it lasts a fairly long time and smells true to the original. While I do prefer the spray EDT, it keeps going up in price (personally, I think it's being priced a bit out of its league; I'd rather pay that kind of money for something a bit more upscale). So for me, this is a good, cheap alternative. A good "daily" scent.

on 7/6/2008 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this to take with me on vacation, as I did not want to take a chance on breaking glass bottles in my luggage. I figured I can take it on the plane to dab my wrists for a pick-me-up as well. I also wanted something clean, friendly, and inoffensive to wear around my in-laws. This seems to fit all three bills, plus it niftily covers up the smell of yucky sunscreen (all of them have funky smells to me) and protective hair goop. It is a very simple and likable fragrance that has very good staying power: sweet orange and a touch of patchouli. Personally, I think it need not be quite so sweet (at times it reminds me of an Orange Julius, but to be honest I still crave those sometimes) and I wish the patchouli or pine were a bit more pronounced to jazz it up a bit. Still, it's a nice thing to wear to the lake I guess. ETA: I've found this is a pretty good layering scent. Not interestng enough on it's own, it actually adds brightness and sweetness to some of the harsher vintage perfumes I have.

on 5/25/2008 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Among all the solid perfumes available in Lush, Karma is the most offensive. It smells like powdery patchouli. Just a dab on the wrist made me and my friend dizzy. Not a good scent for those who want contemporary fragrances. This totally reminded me of mothballs. And no, it is not an old lady fragrance. Surely grandmas smell better than this trite.

on 3/21/2008 8:27:00 PM

Wow! This is amazingly identical (at least on me) to the Karma perfume. Most perfume solids don't really do the original scent justice, but this one sure does! It's piney, orangey, and has a lovely patchouli undertone. I am smitten with this stuff and plan on always having Karma around. It wafts around you all day, and I swear, it even uplifts my mood (which is *not* easy to do some days!)

on 1/22/2008 1:17:00 PM

Karma solid fragrance smells just like the soap. This solid lasts longer than the other LUSH solids on me, which means 2 hours vs. half an hour.

On me, it's orange juice, a little spice and almost no patchouli, which is good. Love it.

Popular Fragrances