September 30, 2014 | 1932 users online

Palettes - Christian Dior - Shimmer Powder 001 Rose Diamond, Spring 08

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2010 2:42:00 PM More reviews by elaphunt

This blush applies the most subtle, healthy glow to my cheeks that it has now become a part of my daily routine. I don't wear a lot of make-up: tinted moisturizer and mascara is the extent of it. However, I have very pale skin and I always feel that I look a bit too pale but regular blush make me look like i was wearing blush!! This shimmer palette is so sheer it doesn't look like you put anything on, but it does impart a very subtle and natural rosiness to my cheeks. Love it!

BTW, despite the name, this product does not leave any shimmer or glitter flecks on your skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2009 1:04:00 AM More reviews by maomaouchi

This was the first Dior purchase I've ever made, and I think it has turned me into a Dior fan forever. When I first got it, I was surprised at how hard it seemed in the case, and I was worried it would be really difficult to pick up product with a brush. However, just the right amount of product gets on the brush and there's no waste at all! I love the amazing results I get with it on my skin. After applying the rest of my makeup (be it a full face or just some eyeliner and blush, I sweep it on under my eyes and on the upper cheekbones. It just really creates a beautiful glow that makes your skin look flawless. It doesn't stay on your face all day, but I find most makeup rarely stays completely on, especially when it's not a lot to begin with. My only small gripe is that the pink colors in this don't really show up that well so it can't be used as a blush (unless you use a ton and it looks WAY to shimmery), but I don't know if that's what they're going for here. It's perfect as a highlighter (with a light touch!) for paler winter skin though. I love the product so much I'm even thinking of getting an Amber Diamond for the summer...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2009 9:05:00 AM More reviews by mazerooni987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I tried this at the Dior counter and loved it! The SA put it over blush she used and I loved the subtle shimmery effect it gave my skin. I have very pale skin (NW15) and I really find it hard to wear blush without looking like a clown. I use this on the apples of my cheeks instead of blush so when the light hits it in certain angles I have nice shimmer. Have received loads of complients when I wear it. I had also bought the Diamond Pop but the orange strip made it look funny on my skin so I gave it o a friend instead as she has darker skin tone than me. I love the packaging aswell, a handy size. Overall this is great product for highlighting and giving you a nice shimmer without giving too sparkliy juvenile appearance. Will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2009 12:43:00 AM More reviews by fancymakeup25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this shimmer powder. Im cutting back on my over-shimmering and this is helping me to not go overboard. It gives a more grown up shimmer which I like! I had pop diamond first but the orange strip in it gave off a gold shimmer on me. With my pink undertones, nothing gold looks good on me! This was perfect, its more of a champagne shimmer on my mediumish skin:) I will repurchase for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2009 12:50:00 PM More reviews by Sam1e

I have 2 combo's of this shimmer - i have ROSE DIAMOND my absoulate fav! the highlighting and pink shades are so pretty on as im very fair and looks very rosey and also goes on so silky and smooth.

however.. i also have DIAMOND POP, which i dont like as much as it has gold tones in it which does not look great with my fair skin i would say it would be better for darker/tanned skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2009 11:31:00 AM More reviews by lilmisssunshine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanna be a bit conservative before I give a 5, but i'm pretty sure coming from Dior, this should be somewhere between a 4 or 5.
First, this shimmer powder is way too light for a blush (you need to layer a couple times before you can see the color, and I"m NW25).

Yet, i can see if this is applied over some blush, or just apply on the nose bridge, under eye 'C' area, this should enhance facial depths.
A bit disappointed as the color is not deep enough to be a multi-use shimmer powder, but the packaging is really gorgeous and classy!

P.S. the shimmer powder is quite 'large' in terms of size when I see them on my makeup brush, this is contrary to what the others said about the powder being 'finely-milled'. However when i brushed the powder by hand, the shimmering effect does produce 'finely-milled' outcome.

The downside may be the huge price tag, but I'm lemming the other shimmer powder in Amber Diamond now!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2009 5:39:00 PM More reviews by imeldita22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

Well i would definitely buy this again if it's not limited edition. this is a very pretty highlighter! makes your skin look as if it's glowing especially under the light. I just wish that it came in a much cuter packaging. I'm glad that this product doesn't have too much glitters. doesn't look cheap.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2009 7:21:00 PM More reviews by valentina555

same review for 001 and 002: this is a beautiful highlighter to use over bronzer or blush. use the lightest shades above and below your brows and you will have a great, subtle glow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2009 4:56:00 PM More reviews by nettimacs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

shame that it is LE, last years best buy!!! everybody keeps complimenting every single time when i am wearing it:)
absolutely amazing highlighter/blush... goes on smooth, staying power is great and the colour is unique and the shade can be worn all year round

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2009 4:36:00 PM More reviews by LittleNat

One of the most beautiful highlighters/blushes I have ever used. I have been searching for the perfect pale pink, glowy blush for a long time and I think I have found my HG. Rose diamond is a beautiful palette of shimmery, pale pink colours that blend together to create a subtle, glowy, pretty blush. I have used Nars copacabana for a while but sometimes find it hard to blend over the top of foundation and it sometimes looks a little bit too shimmery. I've tried lots of powder highlighters but they always add too much glitter, this however, leaves no obvious shimmer on skin, just a soft, glowy pink shade that looks really natural. The palette was pretty expensive but i'm more than happy with the fact that it doubles up as a blush and highlighter in one and I think it'll last me a while. I would repurchase but it was limited edition so I can imagine it being hard to get hold of in the future.