October 25, 2014 | 996 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Define-A-Brow

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2013 9:26:00 AM More reviews by Dlou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product--it is the easiest to use and lasts long once it's on. I agree, however, that you've got to be careful not to twist too much product out, and that it'd be nice to get a little more in the container. I use the light brown, I think, and it looks excellent and natural. I bought it as a replacement for an Anastasia brow product, and thought this was very similar but actually better. Stayed on longer, easier to deal with. And I use the comb for my lashes, which is handy.

Note: Here's a possible replacement I read about on Amazon for those of you bummed about the discontinuation of the dark brown color:
"UPDATE as of Feb 2013: REPLACEMENT FOUND!!! The NYX Auto Eyebrow pencil is an excellent replacement to the old Maybelline Dark Brown pencil. I have dark brown hair and the black worked perfect since it's not that dark. However, the brown had a bit of a reddish tint to it. The NYX Eyebrow pencil has a matte texture, it's easy to apply, self-sharpening, and it doesn't smudge even when working out."

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by Diorxo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

the best drug store brow product ever! brow wiz dupe! it is a bit pricey for the amount of product that comes in it. i stock up when its on sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by EmilyJoell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is amazing. I prefer it over Anastasia brow kit. It's just so creamy and looks so natural to fill in sparse areas. Just wow. I would appreciate it more if they lowered the price because this stuff doesn't last long but it's worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by sabrinalovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this when my hair has been platinum and when my had been black... I like the way this applies on my brows and I like how it stays on but I hate that it doesn't last long. I used it for a few weeks and I skipped day and It was all gone. Also the lightest shade pulls reddish tones. It's an ok eye brow pencil but I'd spend the extra money and get the sephora brow pencil that last longer and colors are more natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 10:22:00 AM More reviews by suzieyellow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

BEST brow product I've ever tried. It comes in a super fine twist up pencil. No sharpening needed, and you won't have to worry about twisting up too much because it twists up the smallest amount each time.

It's best to use light strokes (so as to not make the brows look unnatural). The pencil is quite hard, so you can get a precise line, but this also means that the pencil lasts a long time (at least several months with daily use).

It isn't super non budgy, so be careful not to touch your eyebrows too much. This shouldn't be too much of a problem really...

You may also need a clear gel or something to keep the brows in place.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 1:46:00 PM More reviews by catmj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this HOLY GRAIL mother of an eyebrow pencil in dark blonde. Let me tell you. I teach spinning classes, and I swim laps, and my eyebrows are still on!! This is half the cost of the sephora waterproof eyebrow pencil, and the color is more blonde than taupe. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by ScNaiad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My eyebrows are nearly nonexistent and I have been searching endlessly for the perfect brow option. I found this product for about 7$ at target and I decided to try it out and honestly I love it. You don't have to sharpen it so you get your brows perfectly detailed with extreme ease and they look very natural. The formula is very nice, not to heavy and waxy like a lot of brow pencils I have previously tried. And for me I've found it stays all day long without ANY issues at all. However I did just read that they are discontinuing the "Dark Brown" color which I hope desperately is not true because it is the perfect color with out any reds in it which I find a lot of brunettes need.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by SiteNo8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this because it was non-sharpening and inexpensive. I like the tiny tip, and the fine comb on the end is great for separating my mascara covered lashes as well as grooming my brows. If you don't like the comb, you can pull it off.
The colour, Dark Brown, works well for me, but it's discontinued :-/ The pencil fills in my sparse areas with a natural look. It doesn't last past lunchtime, which is annoying, but it does settle into my large pores leaving me with tiny dots for eyebrows, which is even more annoying.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by withlove21

I LOVE this eyebrow pencil. I have it in Dark Blonde which is a near perfect dupe for MAC's lingering. I bought this because I wanted to see if I could find the same quality as MAC's for a cheaper price. (MAC is 18 and this is 6) It really is almost exactly the same. The color match is perfect for me and the comb on the end is great. It is a little waxier than the MAC one but it still goes on pretty smoothly and looks great. Lasts all day without any brow gel. Definitely worth trying.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 1:08:00 AM More reviews by MakeupLover411

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This eyebrow liner is pretty good I'd say =) I don't use it to fill in my whole brows, just kind of to trace and give my eyebrows a cleaner finish then go in with a brown eyeshadow. But this product is really good =) I was definately not a fan of the small red colored brow liners because they made my eyebrows look weird and red so this product was a complete shocker for me! Then again, that's why I love Maybelline! Would buy again =)