September 20, 2014 | 1881 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Define-A-Brow

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 10:22:00 AM More reviews by suzieyellow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

BEST brow product I've ever tried. It comes in a super fine twist up pencil. No sharpening needed, and you won't have to worry about twisting up too much because it twists up the smallest amount each time.

It's best to use light strokes (so as to not make the brows look unnatural). The pencil is quite hard, so you can get a precise line, but this also means that the pencil lasts a long time (at least several months with daily use).

It isn't super non budgy, so be careful not to touch your eyebrows too much. This shouldn't be too much of a problem really...

You may also need a clear gel or something to keep the brows in place.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 1:46:00 PM More reviews by catmj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this HOLY GRAIL mother of an eyebrow pencil in dark blonde. Let me tell you. I teach spinning classes, and I swim laps, and my eyebrows are still on!! This is half the cost of the sephora waterproof eyebrow pencil, and the color is more blonde than taupe. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by ScNaiad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My eyebrows are nearly nonexistent and I have been searching endlessly for the perfect brow option. I found this product for about 7$ at target and I decided to try it out and honestly I love it. You don't have to sharpen it so you get your brows perfectly detailed with extreme ease and they look very natural. The formula is very nice, not to heavy and waxy like a lot of brow pencils I have previously tried. And for me I've found it stays all day long without ANY issues at all. However I did just read that they are discontinuing the "Dark Brown" color which I hope desperately is not true because it is the perfect color with out any reds in it which I find a lot of brunettes need.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by SiteNo8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this because it was non-sharpening and inexpensive. I like the tiny tip, and the fine comb on the end is great for separating my mascara covered lashes as well as grooming my brows. If you don't like the comb, you can pull it off.
The colour, Dark Brown, works well for me, but it's discontinued :-/ The pencil fills in my sparse areas with a natural look. It doesn't last past lunchtime, which is annoying, but it does settle into my large pores leaving me with tiny dots for eyebrows, which is even more annoying.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by withlove21

I LOVE this eyebrow pencil. I have it in Dark Blonde which is a near perfect dupe for MAC's lingering. I bought this because I wanted to see if I could find the same quality as MAC's for a cheaper price. (MAC is 18 and this is 6) It really is almost exactly the same. The color match is perfect for me and the comb on the end is great. It is a little waxier than the MAC one but it still goes on pretty smoothly and looks great. Lasts all day without any brow gel. Definitely worth trying.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 1:08:00 AM More reviews by MakeupLover411

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This eyebrow liner is pretty good I'd say =) I don't use it to fill in my whole brows, just kind of to trace and give my eyebrows a cleaner finish then go in with a brown eyeshadow. But this product is really good =) I was definately not a fan of the small red colored brow liners because they made my eyebrows look weird and red so this product was a complete shocker for me! Then again, that's why I love Maybelline! Would buy again =)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by ktmacup

I don't know why is product gets such negative reviews (on the Maybelline website). I just had to go to three stores to find a replacement my color bc everyone was sold out. I love that it is a thin tip, it helps me get much cleaner strokes. It lasts all day. I can make my brows lighter to look more natural or darker to be bold. Love that it comes with a little comb.
My only unpostive (not negative) comment is that it does not come with a lot of product... in other words runs out fast.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by JRBabe100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Warning: If you're brunette and don't look good with reddish brows, you are out of luck with this pencil. The reason? Maybelline no longer makes "Dark Brown", the cool/neutral brown they offered. (AKA the only kind that looks natural on those of us who weren't born with orangey/reddish/warm eyebrows... Isn't that most people?) Anyway, if that's what you're looking for, better try another brand. I've kind of lost faith in drugstore brow pencils after this and MIlani - which was a better match, but still showed red on my skin and looked very fake in daylight. Now I'm using some old Smashbox brow tech to fill in and the Anastasia brow wiz to extend/define. That is, until I can find something cheaper that doesn't make me look like a hooker!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by seaswan

Here's my story. I have been to the Mac counter looking at Eye Brows but couldn't find a color match.(fling and lingering) I've known about Maybelline's similar product, but put off buying until now.

I got Light blonde. (I bleach my brows dark blonde/lt. brown) After reading all the reviews about the malfunctioning dispenser I was careful to twist up a small bit of the product. Starting applying lightly to my brow and Doh! It broke off. Okay, I'll try it again...twisted up and applied finishing one brow and then had to twist up for the other eye and Hell no, the twist thing wont work, and the black twister just came off.
The color was perfect and the wear was good and was still on hours later when I returned it to CVS.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by caouette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the light brown color. It wasn't the worst brow pencil I've ever had, and I didn't mind it. I paid about 5 or 6 dollars for it. The problem was that it ran out after only about two weeks. I don't have thick eyebrows, & I only used it once a day. Not worth the price.