October 23, 2014 | 1085 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Soft Ochre

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by postmoderngirl

This is my first MAC paint pot & I love it. The colour is perfect (I don't understand how people can use painterly.. it's SO pink) for my skin tone and it covers up any redness on my eyes nicely. I use it as a primer & it helps my eyeshadows stay all day. I'm only worried it will dry out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2013 4:22:00 AM More reviews by itsiliii

LOVE THIS STUFF. With all my eye shadow primers leaving me desiring more, I decided to give this a try. Although I never use this as an eyeshadow on its own, i love using it as a base. It instantly leaves a flawless canvas for eyeshadow and makes any eyeshadow I put over it really pop.

Not to mention, for me at least, it doubles as an eye shadow primer. Definitely recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2013 1:16:00 PM More reviews by halwa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have dark eyelids and work long hours, which leads to very fatigued looking eyes. This is a workhorse for me. I use this everyday and it corrects the darkness and ads brightness and makes me look awake. It does crease alone so I dust it off with a matte Bobbi Brown eye shadow. I have had my pot for almost a year and use it everyday and I'm only half way done - would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 11:32:00 PM More reviews by sultaria

I love using this as an eyeshadow primer. It makes even the cheapest eyeshadow stay on all day. I have been looking for something like this forever since I mainly only use eye makeup and love eyeshadow. This is the only product I will use as my primer. It is a bit pricey but lasts forever. MACs best product in my opinion. I love it so much!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by sivadore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I switch between using this and Painterly as eyeshadow primers.

Soft Ochre is certainly more yellow on my very fair skin (NW10, freckled), however, I have a lot of purple on my eyelids and so the yellow works perfectly to cover the purple and give me a nice base to apply eyeshadow colors.

It's excellent as a primer and base for all eyeshadows except for stark white or light colors with blue undertones. That's when I use Painterly instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2013 8:09:00 PM More reviews by smashforever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let me just start off by saying- my eyelids suck. Hooded, oily, has a weird tendency to get flaky. It's a nightmare to work with. And because of that, I REALLY need to be on top of my game when it comes to using primers.

At first, I really didnt like using this paint pot as a primer because it just ended up creasing constantly with or without eyeshadow. It was a pain to gauge the right amount to get on my fingers and blend before it sets and pulls at my lid. I just ended up setting it aside for days I want to go for a cut crease look and needed to amplify a shadow color. So I just went back to using UDPP or NARS Smudge Proof, which are both tried and true primers for me. Recently, I ran out of both and being on a tight budget recently, I couldn't just go out and drop $20+ on a new eye primer. So I figured using the paint pot again wouldn't hurt. But THIS TIME, I applied it using Urban Decay's synthetic shadow brush (it's the flat side of the dual-ended brush that came with the Naked 2 palette). AND OH MY DAMN. Using that brush helps get the right amount of product smoothed over my entire lid without dragging or scratching. And I don't have to worry too much about using too much or too little because the brush just evens everything out and does the work for me. I also like to use Soft Ochre + the eyeshadow brush to outline my brows(then blend out) to make it super defined.

Sorry for the rambling, but what I'm trying to say with this review is that if the product isn't working as well as you'd like, trydifferent ways of applying. Hey, better to try than to waste, right?

For reference, I'm NC30-35 in Mac Pro Longwear foundation with oily sensitive skin

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Soft Ochre leans a little yellow on me, otherwise it's a great primer for eye shadow. Not a fan of how fast they seem to dry up though.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Junkie1

How do I like this product? Let me count the ways....

I'll start off by saying that I don't wear eyeshadow that often so the primary purpose of this product is not to keep eyeshadow on my lid. It is however great at hiding all the uneveness, redness, blotchiness on my upper lid, does a fantastic job. Recently I've found another use for it... I started applying this directly on my eyebrows before applying my eyebrow pencil and you know what? My "eyebrows" stay put all day!!! Yowsa!!!!

You just need a little bit. I've had this product for at least 6 months and it's not even halfway through. Sure it is dryer than other products but I moisturize my eyes well and I keep the product closed at all times. It's a bit of a bummer to have to go and stick my fingers in there every time I use it (i.e. every morning), however my hands are always clean before I use the product and it works so damn well that this is not enough to discourage me from repurchasing.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2013 11:40:00 AM More reviews by bellabaluba

I bought this eyelid base/primer from a MAC counter. I am not sure why this product is listed as an eye shadow on MUA...

It is an ok primer, but I am not satisfied. The pot makes it so unhygienic to use the product, and it dries out quite quickly. A lot of product is wasted because it just dried out. I usually apply this with my finger, but as the product gets drier, I have found it easier to apply it with a brush.

I usually use this for special occasions where I have heavier eye makeup. The primer makes the eye shadows to stay on a bit longer, but not long enough. I still get oily lids.

This is my first eyeshadow primer/eyelid base, and I have not tried any other primers yet. But I definitely will not repurchase. For now, I am just trying to use up what I have left of the primer (which is not much, since a lot of it has dried out).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by kwill89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very fair skin with yellow undertones and I have two dark blue, very noticeable veins under my eyes, so I have to slap on the concealer to cover them! Previously, I used Bobbi Brown's under eye corrector along with Mac's studio finish concealer in NC15, it worked well but creased a lot. I went to MAC and the SA suggested that I try this eye paint in soft ochre to correct and then use my NC15 concealer. I am so happy she convinced me to check this out! It's amazing. The soft ochre on it's own is a little too dark/yellow, but once I add my NC15 concealer it's amazing! It covers my dark blue under eye veins, it primes extremely well and it doesn't crease nearly as much as the Bobbi Brown corrector! Very minimal at most. I love this stuff, I also use it as an eyeshadow base ;)