August 30, 2014 | 1806 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skin Finish Natural - Medium Plus

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 12:33:00 AM More reviews by jlin0913

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My favourite setting powder of all time. It has good coverage, mattifies skin, looks natural, and does not look cakey even with several layers. It is a more expensive product compared to drugstore brands, but well worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2013 3:48:00 AM More reviews by heatpaz

I don't know where I would be without this powder. I walked into a MAC Pro store 3 years ago when I was looking for a great powder to set my foundation and this was the winner. I was so afraid to try it out because I have sensitive skin & was terrified I would break out the next day after the first use. I WAS WRONG! I've been using it ever since and I won't ever stop. It leaves my face matt and oil free. It doesn't clog my pores and doesn't make me break out. You should try this powder if you have oily skin, I highly recommend it. It lasts all day and I usually walk in to purchase a new one every 3 months. LOVE!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by jesssicupcake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh, how I wanted to like this powder. Where should I begin? First off, I wouldn't recommend this powder with anyone with slightly neutral or yellow undertones. Maybe it's just my chemistry, but this powder turned my face a sort of weird, red shade. Judging by other reviews, it's safe to say that this powder oxidizes.

I do like the finish and extra coverage it provides, but after a few hours it looks very shiny on my oily skin. It's also a very heavy powder, so I wouldn't recommend wearing it over liquid foundation. Be prepared to have this transfer all over the clothes of you and anyone you hug.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Hermanspottypants

BIG YAWN. ZZZZZ

Sigh............How to write about this?

It oxidises on me. It spoils the lovely luminous effect of my liquid foundation when I use it to 'set' my foundation. When worn over moisturizer alone, it has such low coverage that I look like a dusted clay dolly with bright red cheeks. uuurrgghhhhh.

My late 30s skin has organ rejected MAC foundation powder products......theres been good memories and good times....... but our relationship is OVER.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by scrowley2328

This is a good setting powder. It is by no means the best one out there

pros:
not cakey
feels soft on the skin
sets foundation nicely
no shimmer/glitter
can use almost any type of brush to apply

cons:
sticks to peach fuzz on face
not overly flattering in direct sunlight

I will be trying something different when I am done with this - maybe the blot powder...

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by nicpie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I continue to repurchase this powder, but sometimes I don't know why. On the plus side, it adds the perfect amount of extra coverage on days when all I feel like wearing is a tinted moisturizer. Its finish is matte but glowy. Overall, a lovely finishing powder... at first.

On my oily skin, the finish of this powder quickly transforms from satiny to straight-up GREASY. I guess it's better than looking cakey and powdery... or is it? I don't know. I can never decide.

When I lived in northern California, this powder was my winter HG. The sheen was never too much during the colder months, when my skin was a little drier. But now that I live in Honolulu, the climate makes it really hard for me to love this powder. I try it every now and then, but for the time being, I think my MSFN and I will have to part ways.

Conclusion: good for dry/normal/combo skin. Oily skin... beware.

(Also, this shade pulls a little pink. Wish MAC had some more yellowy/neutral options in this range.)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 1:13:00 PM More reviews by gizmondo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product & use it as with a kabuki brush. You can work more product into the skin if you want a more finished look, but sometimes if you just want to give your skin a lift and a glow - this is perfect. It also lasts a lifetime, I use it everyday and 1 pot lasts at least 6 months. Definitely one of my all time favourite ever make up products

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've had the MSFN in medium plus for almost 8 months now and can say I have used this less than 5 times so far. I have reached for the Studio Careblend more than this one. Numerous times cursed myself for getting sucked into the hype and shelling out 30 dollars. Dunno what made me try this product again, but anyways everything happens for a reason right .hahaha!!!!! Just used this on my bare face with a little bit of blush and the end result was a nice n glowy finish. Now I understand why this has such good reviews. It hasn't given me any breakouts yet but will update on that later.
UPDATE**** Spoke too soon, gave me breakouts..boooooo

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2013 1:51:00 PM More reviews by fasab88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this face powder. I apply it to set my foundation, it makes the foundation look perfect. It has a perfect amount of covering power that a powder should have. It looks smooth, never cakey or dusty. I love it. However, I'm really really hoping this isnt the product thats been causing me to break out. I will be SO upset if I had to cut this out of my face routine. But I have a feeling this may be it. I always have had a little bit of an issue with mineral products.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2013 10:16:00 AM More reviews by flylikeacg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

i love this powder because it gives a very natural finish but in the way it controls my oils it does NOTHING , so if you're expecting this to give keep you matte all day this is not the powder for you, i like this because of the great color match, i usually don't set my t zone with this and go in with an another powder like ben nye neutral set, but i will repurchase , i really like how natural this looks on me.