September 18, 2014 | 1747 users online

Brows - Castor Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 11:02:00 PM More reviews by jessdenman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Castor oil is such a brow saver! I've been using it for quite some time now and my brows have never looked better. After a bad tint my hairs started to fall out and I wasn't left with much. After a few months use (not consistently just when I remember) I have full thick brows with hairs growing in spots I thought I would never have hair again. Definitely recommend castor oil to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 11:03:00 PM More reviews by iamnonay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I want to share my experience to you guys. Im an asian with very short lashes, i cant even curl it! So im really searching for creams/oils or whatever-you-call-it thing that will help me grow my lashes longer and thicker. So then one time I saw on facebook this "natural beauty and health remedies" group(you should join this gals too) i saw that a lot of members are using 'castor oil + vit e mixture' to have a longer lashes and they have a good feedback in it.

So after reading a lot of reviews i give it a try. I bought 60ml castor oil and 2 vit e capgel(myra-e) . What i did is i cut the vit e and mix it with the oil. I use vit e because it will boost the effectiveness of the oil. I applied it to my lashes every night before bedtime using my finger. After 6 times of using it, i see the results already! Awesome right? And now i keep on applying it for more healthy and longer lashes!

Don't hesitate to try this! Make sure you'll apply it gently to avoid Eye contact.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2014 8:31:00 AM More reviews by Kimballchili

Definitely the best product for your eyes and body. Multipurpose thing - every girl/boy shoud have it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 2:00:00 AM More reviews by moonlight11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best beauty product ever - and for so cheap. I use it as the "muscle" in my oil mixture for the Oil Cleansing Method. I use it to help fill in bald spots on my eyebrows, to make my lashes grow longer, to get rid of age spots in two weeks or less, to fade scars, as an anti-frizz leave-in conditioner, to soften my feet, as well as to plump up wrinles. The stuff is very viscous but is easily absorbed by the skin. Castor Oil Packs became widely known during Edgar Cayce's readings, and there are thousands of cases of its healing power. I have seen it myself. I tell ya, the 'Palm of Christ' oil is nothing short of miraculous. I will never be without it again.

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by grak

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I began using castor oil a few years ago after reading about it's healing properties and ability to aid in hair growth. From what I have read, it helps eyelashes/eyebrows in the following way: the antimicrobial effect of the oil on a hair follicle kills bacteria present that causes hair to prematurely fall out. Therefore, the follicle itself becomes much healthier and hair will remain in it for a longer time - this is why lashes end up looking longer - they are allowed to grow for a longer period of time. The bonus here is that you are not using any drug that will have negative side effects. IMO, always go for an oil remedy over a drug remedy. Castor oil can actually be used in the eye for infections and styes. It can be taken internally, although the results are dramatic, so don't - unless you really know what you are doing. I say this to point out that it is definitely safe and has many uses. The castor BEAN is poisonous - but not the oil. The oil is tremendously beneficial.

What I do: I wash my makeup off with a bit of castor oil mixed with Dermalogica Precleanse. I follow this with a regular face wash on all but my eye area. The oil takes any makeup off very gently, and then is washed away on my skin by the face wash. But some of the oil remains on my eye area, thus helping my eyelashes. My lashes are definitely better these last couple years than they were even in my teens. It's not a dramatic fake eyelash look, but it's visible and they look great - thicker and longer. I plan to use it for the rest of my life!

BTW some of our other uses in our family have been: applying to remove warts and plantar warts, thickening eyebrows, putting on wounds to keep them moist and sterile, healing chapped hands, softening calluses, etc. We slap this on a lot of stuff!

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 5:48:00 PM More reviews by eeniemeenie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

My high school friend's Italian grandmother told me about castor oil when I complimented her on her lashes. She is in her 70s but has the most beautiful eyelashes I have seen on a human being regardless of age. She told me to apply castor oil every night before bed. After 3 months of use I notice my lashes are indeed longer and denser. She also taught me how to make cannolis from scratch. I love that woman.

75 out of 76 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 4:15:00 PM More reviews by 1993

This is my eyelash story: I always had long lashes until about a year ago my eyelashes suddenly began to fall out. I would have NONE or very few on each eye. I went to the eye doctor who recommended I see a dermatologist which my insurance did not cover. Frustrated, I turned to eye lash serum. I used L'Oreal, but after one month I saw NO results. Not wanting to spend big bucks for expensive serums that may or may not work, I searched the internet for alternatives. I stumbled on reviews from other viewers via YOUTUBE who had used Castor Oil for making their lashes/brows grow and I decided to try it. I purchased an 8 oz bottle for 4.99 at my local vitamin store, and have been using it faithfully every night no for 10 days applying like liner and mascara with a qtip. I began with very little to no lashes and now have lashes after just ten days that are noticeable and curving!

15 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2014 12:47:00 PM More reviews by lulu6789

I originally bought this for the oil cleansing method (never never again, gave me such bad cystic acne) and I stopped after I had used only half the bottle. I bought a more expensive castor oil as I was using it for my face. I think mine is Pukka herbs. So anyways, I was trying to find a use for my oil and it came up as being good for hair growth. I ,mixed some with my shampoo and the next day my hair was over soft, managable and even my split ends had disappeared! Amazing. However my hair was slightly greasier than normal but it was worth it. Also when I was 13 I seriously over plucked my brows so I've been applying castor oil to them and they seem thicker after only two weeks! Finally my eyelashes are very thick and luscious, I almost don't need mascara any more.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Brainbuster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This works.

I'm a guy, about 30, and I just bought the cheapest, generic castor oil at Walmart.
After 2 weeks, and definitely after 3 weeks, I looked like Snuffaluffagus.

Now it's few months later, and they kind of look like Steve McQueen's in The Thomas Crown Affair, when he's playing chess with Faye Dunaway.

31 out of 32 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 6:24:00 PM More reviews by ecrouton

I don't have thinning eye lashes, but after reading the reviews I decided to give it a shot because who DOESN'T want longer eyelashes? umm no one.

All I can say is WOOOWWW in two weeks my eyes lashes were noticeably longer both on the top and the bottom. THey look long and full without mascara and absolutely unbelievable when I apply mascara; but this is not the only benefit I've seen from using castor oil.

I put a dime size amount in my shampoo about twice a week, and in three weeks my hair is shinier and growing much faster. My hair does get greasier quicker, but the beautiful shine and soft texture is 100% worth it.

To apply to the eyelashes, I keep a bottle near bed and simply rub along the lash line with my finger. I have not broken out, and I have sensitive skin.

A small bottle is only like $5, BUY IT and TRY IT truuusssttt me. You gotta be persistent with it at first, like every night apply it to the lashes. For $5 you can't go wrong, you'd spend 6X more on a new mascara!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No