Too Faced Shadow Insurance

4.2

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glyceryl Triethylhexanoate, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, PEG 40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

The actual formula is awesome! My eyeshadow stays on much longer and is gorgeously vibrant. I am not a huge fan of the packaging and wish that there was an attached applicator, especially since it is quite expensive. Keep your eye out though; sephora often has this as a points perk!

on 12/31/2014 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This one is simply overhyped.
My main problem with this one is: why is there a gross liquidy thing that comes out every time I use it? I have to spend time to wipe of the spills and I don't know if its worth it. there are better eye primers out there with less hustle.
I bought this at Mecca Maxima for $27 AUD more than a year ago & I haven't used it that much.
Now that I have dry skin & very dry flaking eyelids, I obviously don't need this anymore.
But at the time that I have been using this when I needed it, besides the leaking substance, this does keep your eyeshadow on for a much longer time compared to not wearing any base at all.

on 12/28/2014 11:55:00 PM

My HG primer. My shadows go on so vibrant, and don't crease or budge all day. I've been using this for about five years and repurchase every time I finish a tube.

on 11/28/2014 9:25:00 PM

This primer does a good job keeping my eyeshadow from creasing, but after the 12-14 hour mark, I do start to see some creasing occasionally. The most bothersome thing for me, though, is that this product separates and sometimes when I squeeze it out, this weird water/oily substance comes out. I just don't think a $20 primer should do that. My Milani primer does the same thing, but it's a much more reasonable price.

on 11/26/2014 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I rate this eye primer 3.5 stars because it does a decent job of keeping eyeshadows on my lids from creasing or fading for most of the day. After the 12 hour mark, I can see a bit of creasing and fading.

I'm deducting lipsticks for the price tag as I think it's rather pricey for the amount of product and it can't compete with the Etude Proof 10 eye primer or WnW's Fergie eye primer. Those primers make my shadows last for more than 12 hours and my eye makeup looks almost as fresh as when I applied it in the morning.
Plus they're much less expensive than the TF Shadow Insurance.

I wouldn't recommend this primer unless you love all things Too Faced and don't mind the price tag.

on 11/16/2014 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This has been my go-to eye primer for about 5 years. Over the years, I've tried many other primers that came as samples from Sephora, but this is the only one that truly works all day on my oily lids. (The NARS primer also works; however, the applicator makes it difficult to dispense the right amount of product and it also irritated my eyelids a bit.) I also like the fact that it's beige rather than white - it blends more nicely and is a good match to my skin tone. It has never caused irritation for me. The tubes seem to last forever as you only need a small amount each day, and the price isn't bad, either. I haven't experienced any problems with separation, but I do use it daily, so I'm sure that helps. I have and will continue to buy again.

on 11/4/2014 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This does work very well. I have very oily lids, and this really makes my shadow last without creasing. The tube lasts a long time, and you only need a small amount of product. Only dislike is that product is now separating, I get oily liquid come out if I don't shake it up really well. And it's hard to do this with a tube. For that reason, I will probably try other brands as there seem to be many good options out there.

on 10/30/2014 3:02:00 AM

I bought the Benefits one to try out but I prefer this one. I bought a gift eyeshadow pack from Sephora around Christmas and it came with a tiny tube. A little goes a long way with this one. I do use it as an eyeshadow sometimes since it has a golden hue, it does crease but stays better in place with eyeshadow. My eyelids are super oily especially if I'm in at the office but if I wasn't this would definitely sit better on my eyelids.

on 10/30/2014 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This has just replaced my Urban Decay primer potion as my fav eye primer. I put it on underneath my eyeshadow, go to work, 14 hours later after im home my eyeshadow still look the same as when i put it on this morning. Love it

on 10/29/2014 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a good primer
It prevents they eyeshadow from possible smudging if you have oily eyelids
Also, the color of the eyeshadow really pop after i apply the eye primer
packaging is cute
Will i buy it? i don't know..cuz i wanna try out the UD primer to compare