Prescriptives Foundation brush

4.5

on 10/6/2006 4:07:00 PM

WHY does this brush outperform all of my other foundation brushes from Trish McEvoy, Chanel, and Bobbi Brown? I have no idea. Part of me wants to use my lovely expensive brushes but... nothing works as well as the Prescriptives brush. I cant explain it, but it never leaves streaks or clumps of foundation in its wake. A great find.

on 9/4/2006 9:05:00 PM

This IS the HG brush for applying foundation!!! The bristles are slightly layered on the surfaces to allow for even distribution. The size of the handle is just right (doesn't bang against my mirror like some other foundation brushes). The price is the same if not a buck or two lower than similar high quality brushes, and it's made is USA. I feel like a professional when using it.

A note for those who complain about streaking, just keep lightly feathering your skin with the brush until the streaks disappear (or else you can use your fingers but you risk wiping off the foundation you've applied.)

on 8/3/2006 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this brush, and I will only use brushes by Prescriptives. It's easy to clean and it's easy to use. I've always had issues with using foundation brushes, like I don't know how much to use and how to blend it properly, but I do now!

on 7/9/2006 11:52:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I love this brush so much, after I ruined my first one (by washing it in a harsh salicylic acid based facial cleanser), I immediately purchased a replacement. The dense but soft bristles are slightly tapered which enables me to apply foundation to narrow places such as the side of my nostrils. Unlike makeup sponges or my fingers, the brush picks up, distributes and blends my compact foundation seamlessly, giving my face an even natural looking appearance.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I thought that using a brush to apply foundation was the strangest thing I had ever heard until I tried it. This brush is terrific. I agree with other reviewers who say it does add time to the beauty regime but the finish that you can achieve is natural and professional. The finish is even and you get an even finish - every pore and scar is filled in.

on 7/1/2006 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've had this brush for about 2 years, and I will never use anything else! This is the only way I have evre been able to get a truly undetectable flawless finish with a liquid. After repeated washings with a brush cleaner, it it still as soft as ever, and looks brand new. Completely worth the money!

on 4/15/2006 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

After a long deliberation and reading many reviews on MUA, I finally decided to get this foundation brush and man I am SO glad I did. I had been using my LM moisturising foundation for ages with my fingers and never really was pleased with the look but one go with this brush and what a difference! No streaks, it really gives me a flawless finish and makes the most of my HG foundation. Really pleased with it and would definitely reccomend this brush to others.

I've had this brush for more than 5 years, and its still in great shape. The bristles are incredibly soft and does a great job on smoothing out foundation when I wear it. highly recommended.

on 1/26/2006 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I just adore this brush, they should make it required with the purchase of their foundation ! It makes applying makeup fun =) It was a little expensive (about $32 I believe) but it makes your foundation go much farther in the long run because you use a smaller amount...

on 1/19/2006 11:12:00 AM

I love my Prescriptives foundation brush. I've had it for over five years and it's in good a shape as when I got it. Not only does it make foundation go on nicer, I think it helps me conserve foundation, too. Its shape is perfect for getting into smaller areas, too. If I have to replace it someday, I'll be getting another Prescriptives one. It may not be cheap, but it's definitely worth the money.

Popular Makeup Brushes