April 19, 2014 | 1751 users online

Brows - Cover Girl - Brow and Eye Makers

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2010 6:47:00 PM More reviews by lillyrowan

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

As I get older I find that it is my eyebrows are not thinning, but they are starting to turn white. Actually, I am kind of starting to look like Mrs. Claus in the eyebrow department.

In the past I have had my brows colored at the same time that my hair was done, but let's face it who wants those chemicals near your eyes? So I have turned to eyebrow pencils to kind of cover up the snow.

This brow pencil is great. It is easy to use, it covers up the white brows, and it is inexpensive to boot. Love it! Love it! Love it!

However, I would never use this as an eye liner. Who ever came up with that packaging description had to either have been a man or a masochist! Absolutely not a liner!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2010 5:02:00 PM More reviews by ourhouse

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If I could use only one product for the rest of my life, this would be it! My brows are very, very fine, uneven and light-colored--they practically disappear, although I'm not a blonde. This pencil in Soft Brown fills and defines them, and the color is very natural looking with my light brown hair and hazel eyes. Excellent lasting power--I can go all day with a morning application.

I never draw with long horizontal lines. Instead, I keep the tip fairly sharp and I apply it in small, short, upward strokes, with each stroke no longer than an eybrow hair. I can even "shape" my brows by focusing on filling the top of the arch. This is definitely the one beauty routine I don't leave home without!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2010 3:26:00 PM More reviews by newpork

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product isn't bad. I mean, it's very good for an eyebrow pencil. Most other reviews say not to use it as an eyeliner. Personally, I think it's not to bad. If you needed an eyelliner pencil and that's was the only thing you had, it would work fine. i don't see a problem with it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2010 11:31:00 AM More reviews by chrisie

Wow! I love this eyebrow pencil (*Soft Blonde).I honestly was not trusting the color @ 1st.I've used Maybelline's -Light Brown for years & was not happy with orangey tint of color it can have,depending on my foundation used.I also thought by using the *Soft Blonde it would make my eyebrows disappear,it didn't =) Will definitely buy again!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2010 3:20:00 AM More reviews by jewelsmd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This use to be my go to product for my brow. I used Midnight Brown.. This product is a great bargain for anyone on a budget in addition it is widely available so that if you found yourself traveling and forgot your brow pencil this is a great savior. You get two pencils in a package along with a pencil sharpener. My biggest complaint with this product is that it is too waxy so it is easy to overly apply and make your brows look too heavy especially, if this product gets a little melty in the sun or heat.

I've since switched to Shu Uemura in Seal Brown. (See my review for my raves and my brow issues).The latter product definitely comes with a higher price tag but definitely worth it. Plus, you get a lot of product and since it is not waxy you don't overly apply which makes it last longer and gives you a more natural look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2010 4:27:00 PM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

I agree w/ other reviewers, Do Not Use As Eyeliner unless you want to draw blood. I do however love this for my brows. I like to accenuate my brows daily and I've tried many brows products out there. I always fall back to CG brow pencils. I use two shades - midnight brown for when I got my natural haircolor and soft brown for when I highlight my hair. It's so hard to find brown shades that aren't warm or have red in them. The midnight brown is dark brown/black and the soft brown is more like a taupe. The color stays put for hours even in 100 degree weather. These brow pencils are a real steal too! You get 2 pencils w/ a sharpener for about 3 bucks. I only buy 2 items from the CG line and this one is hg and I would hate to live my life without it.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2010 12:15:00 PM More reviews by ejh23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was my first eyeliner. Also, my first eye brow pencil. I HATE this. This smells weird, is incredibly hard, smudges like no other, and doesn't show up unless you yank on your eyelids. This actually has causes some baggy eyes because I have to pull. I have it in brown. It is a weird color as an eyeliner but a good one as an eyebrow pencil. I guess I will just have to use this until it runs out (as an eyebrow pencil). Don't waste your money.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2010 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Poofyowl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So when I had dark blackish/brown hair, I used the midnight black. It worked really well and I achieved a natural look for the brows.

I dyed my hair just yesterday and decided to stick with this pencil and currently, I'm using the midnight brown and I LOVE LOVE it. It matches my new hair perfectly! It has a really natural effect and fills my eyebrows in so good. I did have issues with the midnight black colour because if I did fill too much, it looked 'too' black and dark. However, for midnight brown, it's perfect even if you do fill it in a bit more, you still get the natural look.

This doesn't smear or smudge and stays put as if you had eyebrown gel on. This is a must have for me as my eyebrows are on the lighter side and don't match my current dyed hair colour. =D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2010 12:21:00 AM More reviews by clearady

I really, really have an intense love affair for this pencil.
DON'T USE IT FOR AN EYELINER!
that being said, if you use it for what it does best --- eyebrows --- you cannot not love it.
i have tried so many brow pencils/pots, highend and lowend, and this IS the best.
i've tried laura mercier's eyebrow pencil, anastasia brow pencil, model set of 2 eyebrow pencil, nars eyebrow, smashbox eyebrow duo, and the list goes on and on.
I EVEN prefer this to Revlon's Fantasy Duo, which I find to be convenient and decent. The rest of the drugstore eyebrow sets, powders, pencils are crap haha
This is a virtual bargain since you get two for such a bargain price.
It's convenient, blendable, lasts forever, cheap, easily bought (target, walmart, etc), small (fits in purse), and it does not look made up at all and because it stays put so long you can make your eyebrows look longer or closer together depending on what you want, and it holds and looks believeable, not drawn in at all! Get this now, run--don't walk!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2010 12:34:00 AM More reviews by elleLace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think this works well, I use it off and on, but it is not my favourite. I find that it can be a little waxy in texture if applied to more sparse areas of the eyebrow. I use 'soft brown' which is actually pretty dark, and I found not much lighter colours without going into blond. I only use this with my freshly dyed hair, because the strength of the colour matches.
Overall: long day wear, stays on nice strong, but they need more variety of colours.