Cover Girl Brow and Eye Makers

Price: $

on 3/4/2011 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is my fave. brow product!
I know this sounds ridiculous, but for me it's really hard to find a light brown eyebrow pencil.
I have tried many other drugstore ones, and because I also have blonde hair I try to match my eyebrows so they are a light brown colour, because the "blonde" eyebrow pencils that I try are all orange!!! and I don't know why.. but they look so horrible on me.. like who would want orange brows? and the taupes are all way too dark on me, even darker than my brows.
So I find this works really well, it gives a really light brown soft colour if you just apply it lightly, and then the darker you press the darker the colour will appear. It looks really natural. and I believe the only light brown eyebrow pencil available at the d/s lol. ...that I could find.

But I love this, it matches my brows perfectly, you can't even tell I have it on. very nice, light colour. def. lasts a long time also. Good stuff. Very happy with it.
Will repurchase again. =)

Also, this is not to be used as an eyeliner, obv. it does not work. Yes this product is very hard in application but in return it lasts all day and I like it! which makes it perfect for brows.

on 2/28/2011 6:34:00 PM

I have this in Soft Brown. I have dark hair and an olive complexion. My brows are thick but sparse in areas. Using dark colors makes them way to strong, but the taupey grey soft brown pencil is just perfect. This is a hard pencil which I like - it makes it much harder to mess up. I get compliments when I wear this.

I am now realizing that when it comes to brows, the cheap-o drugstore stuff is a better bet. I searched forever for the perfect taupe shade, with no red tones. After trying MAC pencils, Anastasia powder, Lancome, Laura Mercier, etc, my HG ended up being the Maybelline Twin pencil, in blonde of all colors. The only time people compliment my brows is with this and the Maybelline blonde, go figure. Compared to the Maybelline blonde pencil, this is slightly darker and more grey/ ash. I actually bought this pencil duo because I needed a really small travel sharpener, and one comes in the package. Was not expecting to find a new HG pencil!

I would NOT use this on my eyes, not even in a pinch. This is a good hard formula brow pencil, I can't see it working for eyes and not sure why it is advertised that way.

on 2/22/2011 8:10:00 PM

this stuff is AWFUL! i have it in brown and it actually HURTS my eyes to apply it. it is very hard to smudge, so it ends up looking very harsh. i will not be repurchasing this, and i will probably throw it out.

on 2/21/2011 4:48:00 PM

The worst product, ever.

I already have nice eyebrows, but I wanted to emphasize the fact that I have nice eyebrows and this is the only thing I found in my house. It originally belonged to my moms.

And this thing sucks! I used Midnight black and its barely pigminted, it barely lasts, it smells weird and its hard to sharpen again once the pencil tips dulls out.

I will NEVER use this or buy it again. Its a waste of money, even if it was cheap!

on 11/19/2010 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This pencil helps my non-existent eyebrows pretend to be full. You can't go wrong with the soft brown if you have mouse-brown hair and fair skin like mine.

There's really no need for a department store brow pencil, when this drugstore version does the job.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is not bad for eyebrows. However, the quality is quite poor. When I first bought this, it was very waxy, and a bit stiff, though now it's much softer. As an eyeliner, this isn't very long lasting, but I use the brown shade all the time for a natural look. There are definitely better eye liners and eye brow pencils at the drugstore.

on 9/12/2010 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

HG brow pencil!!!!

on 9/3/2010 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

As I get older I find that it is my eyebrows are not thinning, but they are starting to turn white. Actually, I am kind of starting to look like Mrs. Claus in the eyebrow department.

In the past I have had my brows colored at the same time that my hair was done, but let's face it who wants those chemicals near your eyes? So I have turned to eyebrow pencils to kind of cover up the snow.

This brow pencil is great. It is easy to use, it covers up the white brows, and it is inexpensive to boot. Love it! Love it! Love it!

However, I would never use this as an eye liner. Who ever came up with that packaging description had to either have been a man or a masochist! Absolutely not a liner!!!

on 9/3/2010 5:02:00 PM

If I could use only one product for the rest of my life, this would be it! My brows are very, very fine, uneven and light-colored--they practically disappear, although I'm not a blonde. This pencil in Soft Brown fills and defines them, and the color is very natural looking with my light brown hair and hazel eyes. Excellent lasting power--I can go all day with a morning application.

I never draw with long horizontal lines. Instead, I keep the tip fairly sharp and I apply it in small, short, upward strokes, with each stroke no longer than an eybrow hair. I can even "shape" my brows by focusing on filling the top of the arch. This is definitely the one beauty routine I don't leave home without!

on 8/12/2010 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product isn't bad. I mean, it's very good for an eyebrow pencil. Most other reviews say not to use it as an eyeliner. Personally, I think it's not to bad. If you needed an eyelliner pencil and that's was the only thing you had, it would work fine. i don't see a problem with it.

Popular Brows Products