February 28, 2015 | 1958 users online

Brows - Cover Girl - Brow and Eye Makers

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2011 6:34:00 PM More reviews by shyviolet

I have this in Soft Brown. I have dark hair and an olive complexion. My brows are thick but sparse in areas. Using dark colors makes them way to strong, but the taupey grey soft brown pencil is just perfect. This is a hard pencil which I like - it makes it much harder to mess up. I get compliments when I wear this.

I am now realizing that when it comes to brows, the cheap-o drugstore stuff is a better bet. I searched forever for the perfect taupe shade, with no red tones. After trying MAC pencils, Anastasia powder, Lancome, Laura Mercier, etc, my HG ended up being the Maybelline Twin pencil, in blonde of all colors. The only time people compliment my brows is with this and the Maybelline blonde, go figure. Compared to the Maybelline blonde pencil, this is slightly darker and more grey/ ash. I actually bought this pencil duo because I needed a really small travel sharpener, and one comes in the package. Was not expecting to find a new HG pencil!

I would NOT use this on my eyes, not even in a pinch. This is a good hard formula brow pencil, I can't see it working for eyes and not sure why it is advertised that way.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2011 8:10:00 PM More reviews by kitkatndan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

this stuff is AWFUL! i have it in brown and it actually HURTS my eyes to apply it. it is very hard to smudge, so it ends up looking very harsh. i will not be repurchasing this, and i will probably throw it out.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2011 4:48:00 PM More reviews by TGonz

The worst product, ever.

I already have nice eyebrows, but I wanted to emphasize the fact that I have nice eyebrows and this is the only thing I found in my house. It originally belonged to my moms.

And this thing sucks! I used Midnight black and its barely pigminted, it barely lasts, it smells weird and its hard to sharpen again once the pencil tips dulls out.

I will NEVER use this or buy it again. Its a waste of money, even if it was cheap!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2010 10:44:00 AM More reviews by baskinrobbins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This pencil helps my non-existent eyebrows pretend to be full. You can't go wrong with the soft brown if you have mouse-brown hair and fair skin like mine.

There's really no need for a department store brow pencil, when this drugstore version does the job.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2010 7:16:00 PM More reviews by songtothesiren

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is not bad for eyebrows. However, the quality is quite poor. When I first bought this, it was very waxy, and a bit stiff, though now it's much softer. As an eyeliner, this isn't very long lasting, but I use the brown shade all the time for a natural look. There are definitely better eye liners and eye brow pencils at the drugstore.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2010 9:55:00 PM More reviews by AMARIS178

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG brow pencil!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2010 6:47:00 PM More reviews by lillyrowan

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

As I get older I find that it is my eyebrows are not thinning, but they are starting to turn white. Actually, I am kind of starting to look like Mrs. Claus in the eyebrow department.

In the past I have had my brows colored at the same time that my hair was done, but let's face it who wants those chemicals near your eyes? So I have turned to eyebrow pencils to kind of cover up the snow.

This brow pencil is great. It is easy to use, it covers up the white brows, and it is inexpensive to boot. Love it! Love it! Love it!

However, I would never use this as an eye liner. Who ever came up with that packaging description had to either have been a man or a masochist! Absolutely not a liner!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2010 5:02:00 PM More reviews by ourhouse

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If I could use only one product for the rest of my life, this would be it! My brows are very, very fine, uneven and light-colored--they practically disappear, although I'm not a blonde. This pencil in Soft Brown fills and defines them, and the color is very natural looking with my light brown hair and hazel eyes. Excellent lasting power--I can go all day with a morning application.

I never draw with long horizontal lines. Instead, I keep the tip fairly sharp and I apply it in small, short, upward strokes, with each stroke no longer than an eybrow hair. I can even "shape" my brows by focusing on filling the top of the arch. This is definitely the one beauty routine I don't leave home without!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2010 3:26:00 PM More reviews by newpork

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product isn't bad. I mean, it's very good for an eyebrow pencil. Most other reviews say not to use it as an eyeliner. Personally, I think it's not to bad. If you needed an eyelliner pencil and that's was the only thing you had, it would work fine. i don't see a problem with it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2010 11:31:00 AM More reviews by chrisie

Wow! I love this eyebrow pencil (*Soft Blonde).I honestly was not trusting the color @ 1st.I've used Maybelline's -Light Brown for years & was not happy with orangey tint of color it can have,depending on my foundation used.I also thought by using the *Soft Blonde it would make my eyebrows disappear,it didn't =) Will definitely buy again!