October 23, 2014 | 1322 users online

Masks - Yogurt Mask

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 5:57:00 AM More reviews by Challenysc

Amazing, amazing and amazing! I unintentionally learned about this simple and cheap mask when I was reading reviews for a particular mask and it was listed at the right side bar as top rated mask. Almost 3 hundreds reviews and yet it still gets rated 4.5! Must be something I should not miss out! Since then I have been using plain yogurt + honey + lemon juice regularly (from daily to every other day to now weekly). I must say that it's magic! I am very prone to clogged pores which by far I still could not figure out what is the culprit (I suspected aloe vera gel containing alcohol, sunscreen or simply the tap water is too dirty) and therefore I am very acne prone too. I usually have a lot of red scars and bumps on my cheeks but yogurt is the certainly the savior. There are noticeable reductions in redness on my post inflammatory scars and bumps get lesser! I strongly recommend this combination:
- plain/greek yogurt (I personally prefer normal plain one as it takes times to cleanse greek yogurt which I find it troublesome) for its lactic acid exfoliation
- honey for its antiseptic and moisturizing effects
- lemon for scar reducing and brightening
Mix well and apply on face for ~ 15 - 20 minutes. Before you rinse/cleanse it off gently rub (I mean real gentle. You don't want to irritate your skin) the dried yogurt. You will see white bits coming out (that's not your dead skin cells, it's just yogurt residue) like you exfoliate. Then only rinse thoroughly. Make sure you there is no any bits of yogurt sitting on your cleansed face! Try it, you gotta love how cheap, simple yet magical and effective it is! ;)

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by Glitterz484

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I tried this mask for three days. I have really sensitive skin, and was hoping to clear some of my acne by using this mask. Now I'm broken out in a lot of small whiteheads :( I think the lactic acid in the yogurt may have been too strong for my skin type, or maybe it just clogged my pores. Either way, I won't be trying this again :P

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 10:53:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Okay, I'm giving this 4 lippies at the moment because its cheap, it feels nice when you put the cool yogurt on, and so far, I've only done it once but I'm starting to see a difference! My pale skin looks less sickly and a few pimples I have are looking much less red! I only gave it 4 because its a little hard to get off, but it will definitely gain back that little lippie if I keep seeing results, as I am DEFINITELY going to try this again!
I'll update later, thanks!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 1:44:00 AM More reviews by JadaIgwe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think the latter probably worked a bit better for me and it's damn easy to make. Not messy at all. I don't think this works miracles BUT my skin lately has kinda gone haywire.Just switched to a new skincare routine and a few days o crazy eating habits which are back to normal (but not my skin! ANYway, I agree this does reduce redness and I have a new pimple which was coming up just near my mouth and when I took this mask off it had come to a head(which is both good cos it will get better sooner but bad cos it's saturday night!

People have mentioned this helps with their blackheads & little bumps but so far I haven't. It DOES make your skin lovely and smooth. I will repurchase and continue mixing it up because I believe this stuff is just as good as some of the expensive masks out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by JenuineArticle2013

Have been using a plain natural yogurt mask on my face regularly for the last month after reading positive reviews on MUA.

I have to say this mask leaves skin very soft and has also helped with blemishes. I cleanse my face, apply the yogurt and leave it to dry (about an hour) and then wash off with lukewarm water. Skin feels smoother and softer and more radiant overall.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by southparkrules

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It saved my skin from a disaster. Now I am a believer!!!

I want my skin tone to be more even so I tried some cream to get rid of discoloration and lighten the dark spots. The first three days, my skin was looking a little better then I started getting rashes and dry patches. It got really serious, it hurt when I stretched/moved my face. It stung no matter what product I put on my face to moisturize the dry patches. Nothing I could do to save it. I was like "what I have done to myself? I ruined my skin because of my vanity" I regretted trying stupid products on my skin. My skin was alright before this incident, a little discoloration here and there but they were light enough that you wouldn't pay attention or stare at them.

Then I thought, why not just put yogurt on my face to calm the skin down and add moisture to it. I used to do yogurt mask. I remember it always brightened my face instantly and made it so soft. But I didn't bother to do it often because I thought once you stop doing it, the skin goes back to be dull, the good effect is only temporary. Silly me! What product isn't like that? You stop using any cream, your skin will be dull again because we are aging everyday, duh.

So I used the yogurt mask (just yogurt, nothing else, cuz I am lazy), the first day, it instantly cleared up 50% of the dry patches. My skin was no longer itchy. The rest of the rough patches were not as dry as before. Then the second day after using yogurt mask, wow, only 5 % of the dry patches left (around my mouth) and they are not even that dry. My skin is saved.

I think I am going to continue using yogurt mask routinely for the rest of my life. It's so cheap. I don't have to waste money on useless cream no more. I will probably try to find only one day cream just for harsh winter or spf reason, cuz you can't do yogurt mask in the morning right before you go out, too time-consuming and people can smell rotten milk on you.

Now, the secrets are in the details. Not all yogurt products are the same, and we all have different skins. Find a plain yogurt product that suits your skin type. If your skin breaks out, then use nonfat. I tried plain yogurt with fat before, I got a little tiny breakout. Not that bad. Then I used nonfat, no breakout what so ever. This time, I used probiotic plain yogurt with fat in it, it didn't break me out. I guess my skin was too dry this time. No, I didn't use Greek yogurt, so it's a little running. But I am not rushing out of the door to buy Greek yogurt either, cuz there's no guarantee it would suit my skin type. But I will experiment next week when I get another jar of yogurt.

I had tried to add oatmeal in yogurt before. It's messier and harder to clean. I don't think it made a big difference than just using yogurt alone. So I will only use yogurt alone now, cuz it's like easier 1 2 3 to apply and clean, I am more likely to commit to the routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 7:55:00 AM More reviews by Amritak

I must first say a big thank u to all the MUA's who always take the time to write a review.
I went through a very rough patch since last year, when I first developed acne.
I have never ever had acne before and then suddenly I started to develop closed comedones on my cheeks and eventually they turned into nasty cysts that were red and inflamed.
I was left with depression as this was the first time i ever had to deal with acne!
And it was tormenting to walk out when everyone i know notices it as i have never had anything on my face before, and everyone asks " what happened to ur face".. It was the worst months of my life, i started to stay more at home than go out,
This is to everyone who is going through a rough time with acne and acne scars. It its temporary and it will pass by.
I have now overcome the acne issue and addressing acne scars (Pink and red marks)
And now for the review for yougurt mask

This has been my life saver... I use full fat yougurt(greek yougurt) tablespoon... with a teaspoon of turmeric and a teaspoon of chikpea flour (Besan flour)....
I have done this daily.. kept it on my face for about 1 hour everyday.. followed by green tea toner.
I use this regularly, and I have watched my acne scars disappear each day...

Please try this.. I have tried everything under the sun!! EVERYTHING! and this is the only thing that has actually proven to help.
I hope this helps u as much as it has helped me gain my confidence back..
God Bless u all

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2013 3:47:00 AM More reviews by sitknee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love yogurt masks! They make my skin moisturized, soft, and so radiant! I'm not exaggerating when I say I see a legitimate glow every time I wash this off. I love this for my dehydrated oily, acne-prone skin.

My concoction consists of 1 tbsp 2% Greek yogurt and 1/2 tbsp honey.
As for what I use and why... I use Greek yogurt because it's thicker than traditional yogurt. That helps the mask stay on your face instead of slide down your neck! I know some people say use full fat and others say low fat. For me personally, I like 2%. I get great results with it and don't need to use a separate cleanser afterward. With full fat, I found that not using a separate cleanser left my skin dull and a bit greasy, not to mention I did break out.
With regards to honey, I just use what I have in my cupboard. It's nothing special, but it is 100% honey.

So after I mix up the ingredients, I usually leave the mask on for around 40 minutes, then wash off with water and a baby cloth. The cloth is especially nice because it helps with the residue and also gives some light manual exfoliation. Even though I don't use a cleanser after, I don't have any issues with clogged pores or breakouts. There is a small bit of residue left at the end, but it doesn't feel uncomfortable -- just moisturizing.

My only issue with this mask is that Greek yogurt comes in such big tubs lol I don't like the taste of Greek yogurt so I save the leftovers... only to forget about them!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2013 2:48:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

Before I started using plain yogurt on my face, i was using milk after cleansing my face. I would wash really good, dry it off really well and instead of using toner- i would use just plain milk. I let it sit for 5mins or so, and then I would rinse it off, and apply my night cream (i did this before bed, and only once or twice per week). Like many other things, I saw reviews/message boards on yogurt masks. I went out and got plain and lemon greek yogurt. I used the plain one first- just like I did with the milk- washed my face, applied the yogurt... left it on for a bit longer than the milk- maybe 20-25mins. I washed it off, applied my night cream and i was set. A few days later, I took the same steps and tried the mask with lemon added. I thought this would be awesome because i had good luck with the milk treatments AND for the last 6 months I have been using plain squeezed lemons to help with shrinking pores, and fading dark spots on my face. The lemon greek yogurt was like combining two products that have really worked for me. I absolutley loved it. I really liked the lemon, but I didnt notice too much of a difference between the plain vs. the lemon when it came to hydrating, toning and making my skin silky and soft. I use both of them, whichever I have on hand, and have been for the last 2 months. I have had success and I would reccomend this to anyone, who is looking for a product to nourish your skin, re-hydrate it, and give it that glow that your skin may lack. I also love the fact that I know exactly what ingredients are in it, obviously you eat yogurt- so there is no harsh chemicals. If you have sensitive skin- this should be your go-to (unless your allergic to dairy, of course). Loved it <3 I will continue to use this weekly and keep it as a part of my skin care regiment.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 9:02:00 AM More reviews by linxinpei

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

One word: Fantastic.

I have combination skin, but this type of skin still needs its moisture, especially considering the harsh air-conditioned rooms I lounge in all day. To see if your skin needs moisture (even when it is not visibly peeling or flaking), tip: Use your fingers to gently push your skin. If fine lines appear, your skin is dehydrated and needs a boost.

My nose is peeling for reasons I know not, despite the laneige sleeping mask and hyaluroic acid toner (all very moisturising). So it happened that I had plain yogurt in the fridge and I was hungry.

I like my yogurt not too sweet, so I mixed about a teaspoon of New Zealand Multiflora honey with three heaping soup spoonfuls of yogurt. Guaranteed more went into my mouth than my face, but it was definitely enough - ten minutes later, I washed off with Hada Labo Tamagohada cleanser, and hello there soft skin! (Note: you can wash off with plain water, I prefer to use cleanser because I found that yogurt leaves behind this somewhat greasy texture - basically, how your hand feels when you dunk it in whipped cream and wash off with plain water.) I have scaly, rough skin on my neck due to eczema and irritation, but after the yogurt treatment, it is hydrated and smooth now! However, if you have open wounds or broken skin, it would definitely be wiser not to smear anything aside from medication onto the area. I did go ahead anyway, but caution should be exercised.

It's amazing. I have those annoying blackheads by my nose near my cheeks, and yogurt has somehow managed to make them look clear. The pores have shrunk a little. And one day later, my skin is as soft as ever. Do give yogurt a try, if it doesn't work, well, it goes great with granola, honey and cinnamon. A healthy and tasty snack. And that as a toppin atop some wholemeal crackers? Delicious, my friends!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No