Smashbox Photo Op Under Eye Brightener

2.8

Water (Aqua), Phenyl Trimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Isostearic Acid, Emulsifying Wax NF, Steareth-21, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Steareth-2, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Xanthan Gum, Sodium PCA, Squalane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Lecithin, Polysorbate 20, Sorbitan Laurate, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Steareth-20, N-Hydroxysuccinimide, Chrysin, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-3, Cholesterol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Diacetyl Boldine, Hydrolyzed Marine Collagen, Silanetriol, Glutamylamidoethyl Imidazole, Fructose Oligosaccharides, Porphyridium Cruentum Extract, Biotite, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract. May Contain: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470).

on 2/11/2011 11:37:00 PM

This results of this product are not dramatic at all. Putting it on top of undereye concealer or foundation just causes you to look like you have a lot of fine lines and dry skin under your eye region. It's a nice color but really only looks good on relatively fair individuals because it's pretty light with a lot of pink in it.

on 2/4/2011 12:19:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

So I got a sampler of this.. And I'm glad!
I don't see any brightening effect. Also, it didn't spread very well under my eyes..
Don't buy this!

on 2/4/2011 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

THIS PRODUCT SERIOUSLY IS JUST BAD.
i mean i watched smashbox makeup tutorials and when it was being put n the model it looked like the best product on earth and when i purchased it it was dumb .. when applied it looked like nothing change nothing brightened so disappointing !

on 2/2/2011 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I received this as a sample and this was just a so-so highlighter for under the eyes. It's definitely not a concealer. It's a sheer peachy liquid that completely disappeared and I didn't see much under eye brightening for my complexion, nor did it help with the dark circles. I'm an NC35 for reference. I have better results with YSL and Benefit's versions.

on 1/22/2011 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product was recommended to me to brighten up my undereye area, but it did not seem to do much for me there. That said, the salesperson who recommended this to me was a person of color, so maybe it's a skintone matter -- the salesperson said it was one of his favorite products and did not seem to be trying to sell it to me. We were having a good conversation about products, and I mentioned a good product to him (DDF's body scrub with glycolic), and then he mentioned this product in return as his personal fave. Anyway, maybe worth a try for folks with a darker skin tone, but for me, since I have fair-ish skin and dark undereye circles, I need more coverage and it didn't do the trick.

So... I sometimes use it as a highlighter on my cheekbones or in the cupid's bow above my lip. I probably won't buy it again since it's not really ideal for any of those things.

Description: sheer, sparkly peachy-goldish liquid. Comes with a small brush applicator. Goes on VERY sheer, not really any coverage. I think it basically works by adding a sheer gold sheen to the skin, making it a little reflective and sparkly.

on 1/20/2011 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I hate this product for under my eyes. It accentuates any dark circles and I swear it creates fine lines and makes me look exhausted. It can be used as a brightener over a decent under eye concealer but it doesn't impress me that way either. The color is just off to me. I do use it sometimes to highlight my cheek bones so I gave it a lippie. Glad I got this in a kit because I would have returned it otherwise.

on 1/14/2011 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have mixed feelings about the photo op. I bought this as a brightener and not a concealer so I wasn't really expecting 'concealer results'. Which I think is one of the reasons why this product got low ratings.

Anyway, whenever I put this under my eye, it kinda accentuates the undereye lines I have so I just put it on the inner corner, my cheekbones, and above my brows for that 'glow'. If you don't have lines under your eyes, I think this will do great!

I'm telling you now- it'll never work as a concealer. It's too watery, and dries into a dewy sort of look. So don't buy this if it's a concealer you're looking for.

But if you want a highlighter- this works! Very natural finish. Pretty buildable too. If you want a more obvious highlight, don't tap/spread the product too much.

Packaging: Product 'squirts' out a bit to the tip of the tube and spreads all over the cover.

Won't buy again coz this is the first highlighter I bought. I'd like to try others like Benefit's Moonbeam and Highbeam.

on 1/2/2011 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I got this product in a gift set from Sephora's. It is my least favorite product included by far. I was very disappointed in the misleading title of "under eye brightener." I have dark circles under my eyes and the overly-liquid and shimmer of this stuff did nothing to help brighten my eyes. It just made for awkward sparkles under my eyes that actually brought more attention to the dark circles.

boo smashbox.

on 12/30/2010 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I was so dissapointed in this product. The color was a bit off for me, so maybe it would have better results on a different skintone..but there are a million liquid highlighters out there that would do just as ,or a better job brightening this area. I have used BeneFit's highbeam for this before, and I like the results more. To me, this accentuated rather than diffused. Waste of money.

on 10/19/2010 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was pretty wary of this product at first. I have pretty dark circles under my eyes and very oily skin. I thought this might make my concealer disappear. When my allergies act up or I am tired, the under eye darkness gets a lot worse. So one morning, in sheer desperation, I grabbed this and used it. I LOVED it. It didn't make my concealer disappear, it make it brighter. B/c of my oiliness, I can't wear liner under my eyes. But with this, I can! It's like a primer that keeps everything in it's place under my eyes, while UPPP keeps it all in place above the eye.

Top Rated Smashbox Products