December 19, 2014 | 1158 users online

Fragrances - Anne Pliska

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2005 8:31:00 PM More reviews by chirpster

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Ack! POWDER! With an undertone of...is that...hamster litter?? The notes and descriptions of this sounded so perfect, so I got a sample. I'm sure it IS wonderful, but my chemistry can make even the loveliest perfumes gag-worthy.
I didn't get anything cool at all--just warm, heavy, powdery, with a sort of cedar-y note. Go figure.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2005 7:08:00 PM More reviews by takemyhusbandplz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My sample was of EDP. On me I smell very strong powder and a hint of Shalimar. The powdery coldness of this scent dies down in awhile and I waiver between 2 and 3 lippies. It lasts a long time. Still a little more powder than I like. If you like lady like orientals this one is worth a try. Not one I'm rushing out to buy but, nice for the right lady. This is hard to find and on some sites sells for $170.00 for a 1/4 oz bottle of the EDP. The juice is a beautiful light purple.UPDATE: This is grows on you changed from 2 to a 3. I would give it a 4 but I will not search for a bottle.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2005 10:53:00 PM More reviews by Ivirginia

I don't get any SL Ambra Sultan here (THANK GOD!) because it makes me ill, I don't think anyone has mentioned this but this smells very Orange-Creamsicle like w/amber thrown in! well that's what it smells like on me at least. I like it, don't love it, because I preffer warmer amber than this cold one. hehehe..it also doesn't smell like Shalimar to me..because shalimar smell very powdery and this is not really powdery. My only RANT is the cheap looking bottle...I wish they made a prettie bottle for this. nm/

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2005 7:31:00 PM More reviews by cacvsp

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Was very excited when this came in the mail along with several high end samples from Luscious Cargo. Couldnt wait to try them on so used a drop
of them all up and down my arms then went about my business..20 minutes later
I was sniffing my arm--what is that that smells just like Shalimar? Ack!
It was Anne Pliska!! I was disappointed. It smells ok as smells go but not too
original to my mind.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2005 4:39:00 PM More reviews by BasiaS

Yes, this is a bit similar to SL Ambre Sultan, but Anne Pliska has enough of its own personality to warrant a separate purchase. The amber here is rather unique: cool and detached, where most ambers are warm and enveloping. The vanilla? Super cold. The woody notes give it allure, and the orange peel emphasizes the steel-cold edge that's rather inspired. I never know what to expect when I wear this: it could make you feel sultry one minute and cold-as-ice the next. Unique and decant-worthy at least. Terrible packaging.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2005 9:57:00 PM More reviews by LightFandango

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Amber is as amber does here, without the creative enterprise that wafts Ambre Sultan into a different stratosphere altogether. While attractive, there is something dull about AP, in the same way that wearing plain amber paste is dull. There's no festivity to this scent, which makes it a bit vapid. Pretty, alluring, it's all there, but in stasis, as though bottled and not allowed to breathe. There isn't any air or sense of space or movement throughout the composition; as a result it is a sweet shroud that eventually becomes a shrug. Worthwhile scent to own, though, and ultimately the decisive factor should be whether one wants herbaceous amber (AS) or amber to wear with pink lingerie (AP).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2005 3:55:00 PM More reviews by dollface6

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree about the similarity to Ambre Sultan, but AS was too much for me, got a strange dirty note on drydown that was not attractive. Anne Pliska is just perfect, soft, yummy and sexy. Not a warm amber, so it think this will work fine through the year. I get a strong orange note on first spraying but it disappears in about 10 minutes to leave an incredible amber/sandalwood heaven. Moved right up next to Ambre Precieux as my HG amber.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2005 10:14:00 AM More reviews by onmycue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Why did I ever stray from this scent? It is perfect on me and has been since the early spring of 1990. It is somewhat chilly, but I prefer to think of it as reserved and a little other-worldly, very artistic and unique. I also think I need to give credit to Anne Pliska for the start of my serious fragrance hunt. When it seemed to disappear from stores and before online sources, I searched for a replacement. Never found one, but it has been an interesting quest. But now I'm home with Anne Pliska again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2005 10:59:00 PM More reviews by cdvoyles

Very enjoyable, and very like an earthbound-version of Angelique Encens on first sniff - amber & rich florals & vanilla. The orange was only a flash for me, then gone.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2005 10:03:00 PM More reviews by JayneWayne

This is the diet, low carb, cruelty-free version of Ambre Sultan.