April 16, 2014 | 954 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Lise Watier - Portfolio

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2010 6:59:00 PM More reviews by kizzia52

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

At first when I bought this I was so happy because it actually covers my dark circles. After using it for a while though I noticed that my under eyes were becoming crepey!. I could not believe it. I'm only 20 and there's no reason for that to be happening (I always use my eye cream before applying). I assume it is because of the dryness of the product. So because of that I had to stop using it to cover my circles. The skin has mostly returned to normal since I have stopped using it.
I have tried using all the colours in different ways but they just don't work for me. Even for covering redness with the green, it really brings out any dry patches you may have and looks horrible. I gave it a 2 because it is a good value for all of the colours if it works for you but please beware of what it could do! I am so disappointed with this product. I wish I used my gift card on something else.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2010 5:11:00 PM More reviews by indiechick1111

Well this was the first great concealer I purchased. It gives good coverage, i like the color variety i use the green for pimples then i use the ivory, i mainly use the ivory for my dark circles. It was a bit expensive ---$30 to be exact. But i think its worth it.! I LOVE this portfolio i recently bought the lancome waterproof concealer, Effarcernes; so yeah im hardly gonna use this one now, but im giving it to my sister which she loves it haha. But yeah i definitely recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2010 10:12:00 AM More reviews by mellaaaay

My HG concealer! I have been using it for the past 3 YEARS EVERYDAY and there is still so much more left! I love this corrector! The green is so great for the redness around my nose and eyelids, the lightest color I use as my concealer, the one shade darker than the lightest is what I use after I put on the green to cover up the redness, great coverage, it is simply amazing! Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2010 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Audreychix

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Use this forr over 1 year and halff andd just love it.
best concealer. i have very dark circle and the coverage is amazing.
highly recommand :D

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2010 2:49:00 PM More reviews by mobo10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

why oh why?!?! it was going so well...until...the plastic piece popped out of the lid and now all of the product is dried up! i wouldn't buy it again until they get their sh*t together and fix the packaging, otherwise the product is really nice!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2010 8:52:00 PM More reviews by CandyxKiss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG concealer!

I hate having to buy a million different concealers because my skin changes!! I can be super tanned, super pale, and everything in between. This concealer wheel has really, really helped me take the stress out of concealer. This baby helps me concealer everything! Under eye circles, scars, pimples, redness, and bruising (I have no idea what I develop bruises from, but they're always there). I contour with the darkest one and highlight with the lilac as well as mix them to match my skin perfectly!!

Definitely a greta investment- and all of the concealer lasts forever!!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2010 7:55:00 PM More reviews by information3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've only tried this twice so far since I got it, but just wanted to post my inital thoughts. Before purchasing I read the reviews here so I had an idea of what to expect. It was dry, and I used a hairdryer to warm the product as many suggested. You do have to work quickly unless you don't mind having to heat it again and again.

It was blendable (once heated) and easy to use (coming from one who has never used correctors before), but I found that it does seem to accentuate the fine lines around my eyes where I didn't think it would... I'll be trying more cream around my eyes next time, and perhaps use an even lighter hand in applying, otherwise it can look powdery/cakey once it dries. I just used my fingers, thinking that the warmth from them would help w/ the blending, so I don't know how well it would pick up on a brush as it does seem quite thick.. maybe if it were heated longer. A little does go a very long way, so I can see this lasting a very long time. It did cover ok though.. to be fair, I do have very dark hard to cover circles, but I think I just still need to experiment with what colors work best, so I'll be updating once I figure that out and get used to using it.

Using the wheel does seem much more time consuming rather than using a single colored concealer, so I don't see this as something I would use daily at the moment. But if i can get the right mix of colors to work for me eventually, I suppose the routine would be faster w/ better results. I haven't tried it yet for highlighting or sculpting but the all the colors seem do-able for my NC30 skintone...even the darkest color, which i've tested and mixed with the 2nd lightest... i think it's more about being sure to blend well.

25g/0.88oz. $29

INGREDIENTS: CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), octododecanol, caprylic/capric triglyceride, talc, cyclomethicone, castor seed oil, candelilla cera, cera carnuba, methyl methacrylate/glycol dimethacrylate crosspolymer, ozokerite, stearlkonium hectorite, cera microcristallina, tocopherol acetate, stearoxy dimethicone, propylene carbonate, propylparaben, triclosan, +/- CI77491, CI77492, CI77499 (Iron oxides), CI7707 (ultramarines).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2010 9:05:00 PM More reviews by Roksolana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got my Portfolio today and was very excited to try it since I've heard so many good things about it. Loved it right away! After reading some of the reviews I expected it to be extremely dry, but in fact it was easy to blend, a little bit thicker than concealers I am used to, but in the end I think it's a good thing because it will stay put longer. I mix the beige and the ivory to conceal my dark circles, and it works just great, better than anything else I have tried. The green is amazing for any red areas, and lilac can be used as a highlighter. Definitely would repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2010 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Ire

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got it, tried it, returned it (and got MUFE instead).
First, it smells so bad..Second, it's so difficult to blend..Third, it creased so much I looked 10 years older.
The only good thing about this product is that you get the correctors, but you'd need to apply some other concealer on top (for skin-color ones).

Same issues as MUFE with packaging (anti-hygienic).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2010 9:53:00 PM More reviews by PaleIsTheNewTan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I may or may not buy this again. While I really love the Green and Lilac concealers, I'm not so sure what to make of the other three.

Texture-wise, the Portfolio is top-notch. Extremely blendable, a cream-to-powder finish that sets quick enough before foundation, but not too quickly. Around red areas, the Green concealer almost blends to a 'white' colour (which sounds scary, but it's not) that doesn't interfere with foundation. I use this on the tip of my nose (where I have a lot of redness), and any blemishes I may have. I'd tried green-tinted moisturizers and primers in the past, but was never thrilled with the results. The only real redness I get is on the tip of my nose; it seemed like overkill to get a green-tinted primer or moisturizer, that may have corrected the ruddiness in my nose, but ended up (usually) settling into my blonde brows in a really unnattractive way.

The Green concealer in this works magnificently. I use this before foundation, and this keeps my Rudolph nose covered until I take off my makeup. I've used the lavendar for brow highlighting and down the bridge of my nose, but unlike the Portfolio How To on Youtube (

I have used the Yellow Beige for undereyes, but found it too heavy. I have not used the Brown or the Ivory.

All in all, it is a good product, and if I were a professional MA, perhaps I'd get more use out of it. I will give a hesitant 'Yes' to rebuying, but I will be looking for an equally blendable, non-heavy green concealer. Really wish LW would offer these colours for purchase seperately.