January 25, 2015 | 2091 users online

Treatments (Face) - Acne Treatment: Epiduo (USA) / TactuPump (Canada)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2014 1:17:00 PM More reviews by franneh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Here's my experience on using TactuPump thus far:

1st week: Tightness, dryness, burning, flaking... you name it. The first week is by far the worst. On some nights, I had troubles sleeping because I was in such discomfort. Started to get discouraged because my skin looked and felt worse than ever, but the doc warned me that this would happened at the start. Power through! It gets better. You have to be patient.

2nd week: This is the week where I started to break out like CRAZY... in places I rarely even break out! Mainly on my cheeks and chin. I could tell that all the bacteria / whiteheads were almost drawn out of my skin. The side effects still persisted, with the addition of redness. On some days, I could barely wear any makeup.

3rd week: Some side effects have subsided. Less burning, dryness, and tightness, but the redness and breakouts are still happening. I have to say though, my old acne / scars have flattened out. Feeling much more encouraged each day I use it. Will update again soon.

6th week: My skin has honestly never been this bad. I guess this is the stage where my skin is purging. I'm talking horrible acne all along my left jaw line and chin and breakouts on my cheeks. I went to the doctor for a check-up and he said the inflammation was so bad that he put me on Minocycline (antibiotics.) I'm feeling really discouraged. I've stopped using Tactupump everyday because i'm afraid it's just making my skin worse. I know that it's supposed to get worse before it gets better... but THIS worse? I don't know. I'm going to have scars solely from using Tactupump. I've decreased my usage to every other day. Will update again if/when I see improvements.

Tips:
*Use a gentle cleanser + moisturizer with this. I use Cetaphil oi-free cleanser (they send you a free kit if you sign up on the website with your DIN code), and Cetaphil Restoraderm Moisturizer --> this is essential, IMO. very moisturizing, which is what you need, because Tactupump is very drying!
*Do not, I repeat, do NOT apply the gel anywhere close to your eyes! It WILL make your eyes swell up and it's not pretty. I use one pump for my whole face. Trust me when I say this is plenty. It's a very strong medication. I apply only to my forehead, cheeks, and chin. Avoid the hairlines as well.
*Don't apply Tactupump under your makeup. I tried this once and it just made my skin very tight and dry throughout the day. Just apply once before you goto bed.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2014 5:48:00 PM More reviews by oosagi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've used this for three weeks now. It's amazing. My skin hasn't looked this good since I was twelve. I had acne as a teenager, and it just never went away as an adult. I've tried Retin-A twice, the second time in my late twenties, and it was just too irritating for me, I had to stop after a year and a half because no amount of tweaking my regimen would calm the redness and burning. I was using Acne.org's benzoyl peroxide regimen for a few years, but recently it just wasn't cutting it. I went to my doctor and reluctantly asked for a retinoid, with no great hope it would help because I'd had such a hard time with Retin-A. He prescribed this, and I couldn't be happier. The first week I had some irritation, a bit of a worsening of my acne, and some peeling. I started out applying every other night. Since the second week, my skin has just been looking better and better every day, with barely any irritation despite using it every night. Recall though that I was already using benzoyl peroxide every night, so my skin was already toughened up to that medication. Currently I only have rapidly fading pigmented scars left now, and the texture of my skin is soft and amazing. I practically glow. I did not believe there was a product out there that could give me this great of a result.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2014 6:02:00 PM More reviews by Katy2404

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Since coming off birth control pill in January, my skin has hone crazy with acne. I had really painful large bumps on my skin, as well as a lot of clogged pores and blackheads. I had tried. Number of things and was getting very depressed with the state of my face. I went to see my doctor who prescribed this. Thank God she warned me about what would happen to my skin at first otherwise I would have given up on this after a week! First day it stung a bit but felt fine, 2nd and 3rd day pretty similar. By day 4 my skin turned really red and sore, by the end of the week my skin was a mess! Thank god I was off work, my skin was so red raw and literally peeling off. I persevered as I hoped I would get past it, and I did! By week 2 my skin was a lot better, redness and drying reduced and acne about 60% better. I have now been using this for a month and my skin feels so good! Smooth as a baby's bum and only get the odd little pimple, which clear up really quickly. I am so pleased and would urge anyone with acne to use this. You must follow this up with a good moisturiser or it will dry your skin out. I use cetaphil on particularly dry days or on dry patches, but most of the time (once my skin had settled) I use clinique dramatically different oil free gel, which I also love, and also think this has contributed to my skin being so much better.

Will never stop using this!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2014 4:14:00 PM More reviews by em1991ma

After continuous years of searching for a miracle product and years of being disappointed by products failing I have finally found one I am extremely satisfied with. I have to admit that I didn't want to have to deal with any of the side effects like the dry skin or itchy face and would do my best to avoid products that would cause those things. However, with the right products you can manage all of the awful side effects that come with using products that actually work.

I started using Tactuo 2 years ago but because it was causing my skin to become so painfully dry I just stopped using it. This was after I tried to scrape all of the dry skin off my face with a dry towel and then load on some random $4 moisturizer. I was torn between having clear skin in the long run and covering up all of my dry skin and pimples in the short run. So after a couple weeks I just gave up. I decided the product wasn't for me and I didn't want to deal with the dry skin.

Then this summer my skin got progressively worse. There wasn't a day that would go by where I felt comfortable without wearing any make up. There was always SOMETHING I wanted to cover up. I tried washing my face every night with regular soap and it worked for about a week and then everything came back and nothing could get rid of it. I would have days where I would say "oh my god my skin looks so clear today" because I only had 10 pimples and not 25. I would get everything from the small tiny pimples around the sides of my face to the large, ingrown and painful pimples, primarily on my chin.

Then recently I just had enough of feeling self conscious and decided to give Tactuo another chance. I still had so many refills on my prescription since I stopped after using my first bottle. The first week was everything I expected. Painfully dry skin and impossible to cover up. I had planned to go to a concert on the first Saturday since I started using it again (6 days later). On Wednesday I woke up with three massive pimples on the right side of my chin. I was panicking and didn't know what to do. When Saturday rolled around, it had only gotten worse. The pimples were so red and obvious that it made me want to cancel my plans and skip the concert. I tried powder and liquid cover up and NOTHING worked. It only agitated my dry skin more and I looked like a fish (from all of the scales of dry skin). That was one of the worst concerts I have ever been to. I tried dropping my hair in front of my face a lot so no one could see the unavoidable pimples, I tried standing only on the left side of people so they couldn't see the left side of my face (where all those horrendous pimples were), I tried sneaking off the bathroom to "recover-up" the pimples. Nothing worked, and it was hands down a terrible night. I couldn't enjoy myself because I just felt like everyone that passed me was staring me down.

On Sunday I was extremely upset that I let my skin get in the way of my having what was suppose to be an amazing night. It sounds ridiculous to people that have never had skin this bad, but to people that know what I am talking about, you know how frustrating it is to skip plans or hide out at home because your face is breaking out so bad. I was ready to give up on Tactuo yet again, but I figured if I just gave it more than a month I would see some real results. That day I went to Shopper's Drug Mart and started searching for things I should have purchased when I first started using Tactuo.

I made three purchases that completely changed the reaction my skin had from Tactuo
1. Neostrata Infusion Hydrating Cream
2. Cetaphil Face Wash
3. Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

My nightly routine consists of all three of these products as follows:
1. Slash water on my face
2. Put one pump of cetaphil on the head of the cleanser and dab it on my cheeks, chin, and on both sides of my forehead.
3. I turn on the OLAY cleanser and gently start moving it around my face - head spins in a circular motion and has two speeds.
4. After about a minute of cleansing my face, I turn off the electric cleanser
5. Splash more water on my face to remove the face wash.
6. DAB face with clean, gentle towel
8. Pump Tactuo bottle ONCE and spread the small amount all over your face - avoid going really close to your eye area as this area tends to dry out relatively easily
9. Let Tactuo set for about a minute
10. Put on moisturizer - I dab my finger in once and dab across my forehead three times, my nose, and cheek. Then dab my finger in a second time and dab along cheek bones and jaw line. Your face shouldn't feel heavy when you're done rubbing it all in.

In the morning I follow the exact same steps except number 8 and 9 because I do not put it on before I go to work and you shouldn't either. Once a day is more than enough.

After a week of religiously following this procedure I have noticed a dramatic change in my skin. Its not perfect, but I am starting to feel a lot better about it. I have noticed I am not really getting any new pimples and the ones I have are starting to disappear very quickly. My skin is not dry at all except from some minor areas around the edge of my eyes, but barely noticeable.

I have attached links for all of the product I purchased so you know what they look like and can search for other possible places you can get them (if there aren't Shoppers Drug Mart's in your area). I am aware that people's skin reacts differently to every product so if you have a moisturizer that works for you then keep using that one. Mine is specifically for acne prone and naturally oily skin. The face wash generally works for everyone because it doesn't include ingredients that agitate the skin.

1. http://www.cetaphil.com/cleansers
2. http://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/health-and-pharmacy/personal-care/skin-and-acne-care/details/075609037047
3. http://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/health-and-pharmacy/personal-care/skin-and-acne-

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2014 6:39:00 PM More reviews by theah89

This is hands down the best acne/scar treatment and anti-ageing cream. Having used benzac, differan, contraceptives, proactive etc....nothing tops this! I suffered acne from the age 13-21. It was never bad enough to go on Roaccutane, but was still bad enough for me to constantly be worried about my skin and be self conscious. It is a prescription product, and can be used along with a three month course of antibioitcs to get things moving and clearing up at the start.

I honestly wish I had used this from the beginning! With all acne treatments, I started off using it second daily in the evening and did have some redness, flaky skin and itching for the first few weeks. The cream has vitamin A (a no no if you're pregnant or trying to conceive) which speeds up skin cell growth and renewal, hence the flaking skin. This was mostly around my neck, lips and chin, but I used rosehip oil/sorbolene cream on top every night and it settled. I soon graduated to using it every night with a heavy moisturiser/oil and my skin adjusted easily.
It changed the entire texture of my skin. Beforehand I had a constant sheen, red acne marks and scars with active pimples daily. After a month or two, these completely cleared up and when I did get the sporadic pimple they resolved much much faster. My skin felt tight, with even tone and best yet, no pimples or scars!! I do think this also helped break the cycle of my acne issues as I do not use it as regularly now.

Several months after starting this product, I had what anyone suffering bad skin would count as a miracle. To this day, I still remember I was in a pharmacists looking for make up. I was on the way to the beach, had absolutely no make up on but regular 30+ suncream all over my body and face. Needless to say I felt oily and greasy at that time. A woman walked past me, stopped in her tracks and tapped me on the shoulder to tell me she thought I had the most beautiful skin she had ever seen. I phoned my Mum straight afterwards nearly in tears and could not believe what had happened. This product literally changed my entire perception of my skin for the better and I still recommend it to friends and family.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2014 1:33:00 AM More reviews by maymay24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My story: I have very oily, acne prone, sensitive skin. Ever since I was 11 I have been struggling with acne. I started using this for 3 months and have seen some amazing changes. My skin doesn't breakout anymore while using this (except maybe one pimple a month either to hormonal imbalance or that time of the month) and it has cleared about 80% of my skin so far (other 20% is scarring). I Love this product so much. Don't know what else I would use. For those of you complaining about how it's just making your acne worse, please please please I'm begging you. Keep using it! I know it sounds stupid but everyone will go there their "breakout stage using this". Trust me, it will stop and get better! You have to be constant with this product. You probably will go some burning and itching too (which is horrible I know) but it's so worth it in the end! Note: I do realize that this product does cause scarring but it's minor. Scarring is pretty common with benzoyl peroxide. This stuff is amazing! Now to get rid of all my acne scars!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2014 2:07:00 AM More reviews by anniknicole

I was prescribed this by my doctor and am I glad she did! Wash my face at night, put this on my acne spots, then a moisturizer and off to bed. When I woke up in the morning I noticed the acne spots were smaller if not gone! Warning though, only put this on the spots you need it, it is very drying so make sure you have a good moisturizer to go along with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 1:17:00 AM More reviews by rg1101

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was by far the best product I could have used for my acne. I started breaking out 6 months ago with adult acne and tried everything I could think of and nothing worked. I was the girl that always had great skin growing up and never dealt with acne. People were coming up to me all the time asking what happened to my skin and how my acne got so bad which was very hard to hear. After struggling for 4 months, that's when I decided to see a dermatologist and he prescribed me Tactuo and it changed my life. I had my engagement party coming up so I was desperate for fast results.

I started off using this gel and I did what others recommended not doing which was using this all over my face. Of course it tried out my face and made it look like it was sunburnt for the first few weeks but I committed to it for 4 weeks as it said that is when you would start to see results within 4-8 weeks. 4 weeks of excessive dry skin and barely being able to wear makeup.

I am 6 weeks in and all my acne has cleared up and the best thing is that my blemishes are also clearing up. Yes this product hurts your skin at first and your skin is super dry and flaky but I chose not give up on it because I was seeing fast results. Use a good moisturizer and always use sunscreen.

My routine was I bought the Clarisonic brush and used clean and clear continuous control acne face wash every night with my Clarisonic brush. This cleanser was pretty strong because it had salicylic acid and I have read people saying to use a gentle cleanser but this product worked great for me. I would then use rose water toner every night after cleansing and then apply the Tactuo gel all over my face and keep it on all night. In the morning I would use vitamin E gel, sun screen and Vaseline lotion and this still kept my skin pretty dry, but after about 4 weeks my skin got used to it.

I am down to no acne in week 6 and still continue to use Tactuo every night so the acne does not come back. This routine may not work for everyone and may be too harsh for your skin, but this is what worked for me, so only do what you're skin can handle.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2014 11:53:00 PM More reviews by heyimsabrinaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Been on epiduo for about a year now...awesome results! Firstly let me tell you it takes awhile to see results but when and if they show they are worth the wait. Definitely has helped clear up my acne. Not the perfect rating though based on the fact that this stuff is pretty drying...I would say this product has changed my skin from combination to dry, even perhaps made it more sensitive. My advice with using this product is LESS CAN BE MORE. Talking from personal experience here putting on too much of this can equal some horrible burning skin, lightly apply to areas where needed and be patient with results. And for people with likewise skin...MOISTURIZE!
Good luck x.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 2:47:00 AM More reviews by bAybeeTRAN

An absolute life saver. I've tried just about everything to remedy my progressively worsening moderate acne. I've tried everything ranging from: salicylic acid, mario badescu products (drying lotion, cream, mask), snail gel/cream, snail/bee venom cream, tea tree oil.. all of which were a waste of money and did nothing but make my acne even worse. Finally as an act of desperate I finally made an appointment with my doctor and explained to her my situation. She prescribed Tactuo and I haven't looked back since.

The first 3 months of using Tactuo were absolute hell. Tactuo burned my skin, and made it extremely sensitive. To make thing worse, my skin would get raw and flaky the next day which made it impossible to put on makeup. To top things off, my skin purged and went bezerk with new acne for those 3 months. There wasn't a moment where I didn't have at least 5 active pimples on my cheeks/forehead/chin. I've never experienced so much acne in my life, and my confidence went downhill. I was determined to stick with it, and thank goodness I did.

By the 4th month, this was when things began to look better, and I stopped breaking out as much as before. It was an amazing feeling to finally wake up without finding a new pimple. All that was left to worry about was my acne scars. Since Tactuo contains adalpalene, which is an retinoid, this helps promote collagen production and cell renewal. This helps reduce and heal acne scars.

It's been 5 months since I've first started Tactuo and although I still have leftover acne scars that are slowly healing, my skin is an absolute 180 change. I've completely stopped breaking out except for when I'm nearing my period, or when I drink a bit too much alcohol. The pimples I do get now are tiny and disappear within 2 days at most.

I would 100% recommend this product to anyone who is experiencing mild-moderate acne. Although the first few weeks/months are discouraging please, please, please, stick to it for at least 12 weeks because that is when the product really begins to work. Even when your skin is initially red, irritated, and flaking off, just keep in mind that the results are worth it!