April 19, 2014 | 1750 users online

Treatments - Galderma - Epiduo (aka Tactuo in Canada)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by ashleyliu615

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i'll be breif
i've had moderate to sever acne for the past 5 years. and after using this product for 1 year my acne is pretty much gone (although i still get the occasional breakouts and i am still left with the scars).

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO KNOW about this product is that, it's nothing special. i can't say that i've tried everything but i have tried a lot of creams with similar claims as this one. it's basically benzyol peroxide. all it does is dry up your zits. however, it does work consistently well and i won't be changing because it works good enough for me. but if you're looking for that miracle product this probably isn't it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 8:01:00 AM More reviews by Constantine22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

WHAT AN AMAZING PRODUCT!!!!!!
I am in love with this "holy grail", yes in the first days you want to hide...but after the first weeks your face start to glow....it disappears acne and evens skin tone...
Be gentle with Epiduo because it really dries you out...do not use products with AHAs...
My Routine:

AM.

-Cleansing with La Roche Posay's Effaclar Gel. (let it dry).
(Toning if you want with Estee Lauder's Re-Nutriv Soft Lotion- Alcohol Free)
-Moisturizing with La Mer's The Oil Absorbing Lotion.
-ALWAYS APPLY SUNSCREEN, i use Avene's Cleanance SPF 30+ or La Roche Posay's Dry Touch SPF 50+ (Both give you a Matte finish).

AFTERNOON:
-Bioderma Sebium H2O (let your skin breathe).

PM.
-Cleansing with La Roche Posay's Effaclar Gel
-Apply carefully EPIDUO GEL.

NOTE: Be patient is a treatment that will definitely work for you. If you're sensitive to "Benzoyl Peroxide" try Differin. It's an amazing product too...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 8:27:00 AM More reviews by Natashajadee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had mild acne since i was younger but nothing that was really visible. But recently, i've been suffering from hormonal acne and it wasn't very pretty and actually made me feel quiet crappy. I have started on Epiduo by Galderma which was prescribed by my doctor and i have only been using it for a little over one week and it has worked its magic although i have been using this product with Doxycycline Hydrochloride Capsules 50mg which have also worked. I do have a bit of a concern because i have dry patches on my face and they are a little itchy so that's a bit concerning BUT i will write a review tomorrow on what my doctor has said about the itchiness and what not. But overall, it works wonders and if you have acne honestly you should try it. You will be really happy with the results.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2013 1:29:00 AM More reviews by stephdev

Was great for clearing up my adult acne. I was not able to use it daily because it was super drying. It made my pores quite dilated but my skin was very clear.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by nicrenee

I used this for 2 years, and it really did work well for me. Probably the first month of use, my skin was quite sensitive, and I did once get a small burn (formed a flaky patch of skin) from being in the sun without any protection and using this gel. But my skin was literally spot-free for the majority of this time! Very very impressed with how well this product worked for my skin, and I really wish that it wasn't something that you can't use if you're planning pregnancy, not because I'm wanting to have kinds any time soon, but because to me that speaks volumes of what effect it has on your body. I have since stopped using the gel, because I did find that I was starting to get acne spots again, not many but it just wasn't working as well as it used to be. When I stopped using it, my skin was NOT happy with me. I broke out worse than before and my skin was so conjested, more than it ever was (even prior to epiduo use), but that has calmed down now (It's been a month since I've stopped). Whether that is due to the new products that I'm using or because my skin has stopped relying on the epiduo, I don't know. Overall I would recommend TALKING TO YOUR DOCTOR, and asking about this product if you have troubled skin and non-prescription products aren't working for you. As I said this did work really well for me when I was using it, but I wouldn't recommend this for long term use, and it hasn't cured my acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by dungmouth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

THIS PRODUCT HAS SAVED ME! I am 17 years old and 6 months ago this product (mixed with an oral antibiotic) has eliminated all acne from my face. I begun having problems with my skin at age 11, and after 6 years of trying a million different products, I have found the one. The first prescribed product I used was Clindoxyl gel, it worked sort of but didn't fully eradicate my skin condition. I was using antibiotics for 6 months and around the beginning of the final month I switched to Tactuo. The first week I couldn't smile or even move my face as it burned so terribly and dried my skin out so horribly (I have very oily skin so it was definitely insanely drying), and the areas around my eyes were so red and flaking. I stuck with it though and within three weeks I saw a major change (the burning and the flaking went away after week two). Within 4 weeks my acne was gone and my skin was clear, with a few scars left to heal. I now have perfectly clear skin (occasional acne if I'm ultra stressed or I forget to put on Tactuo or I'm menstruating). I have been using Tactuo for five months now with out any other products (no more antibiotic) and so I know for sure that it is Tactuo and nothing else that is making my skin so wonderful. Tactuo takes off the top layer of my skin, where the bacteria was getting trapped under (and infecting my pores), aka no more clogged pores. I can now wear my hair in a ponytail with out wishing I had a paper bag over my head, I can look people in the eye and know they aren't forcing themselves not to stare. This product works wonders, so seriously, if anyone is pondering about whether or not to buy it, do not doubt it for one second. It seems pricey but it took me almost four months to finish one tube, and 25 dollars a month is a small price to pay for the confidence that comes with clear skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 9:22:00 AM More reviews by stephgrace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Acne affects everyone in different ways for different reasons so you need a bit of background before you can decide whether its right for you. I'm suffering hormonal acne right now due to going off the contraceptive pill after 7 years. Breakouts started 6 months ago which were initially treated with AHA/BHA peels and laser, which did nothing even though I have successfully used acid peels to treat acne in the past. 3 months ago recurrent cystic acne flared up and my period stopped so I started on herbal supplements such as Vitex and evening primrose oil to help adjust hormone levels. Did not see much improvement, however I do still take them daily. 3 weeks ago I started using Epiduo on my flare ups and taking Doxycyclin (oral antibiotic) as prescribed by my GP. Wish I had started sooner!!! Epiduo seems to calm down any flare ups straight away, however I do have a bad inflamed patch right now but thankfully its hidden under my jawline (which is also why I think it remains inflamed as it rubs my pillow). The patches on my cheeks are definitely calmer. Still waiting for my elusive period, until then I'll take it as a sign my hormones are still spazzing out and will definitely continue using Epiduo in conjunction with Doxy as I have not had any side effects, not even dryness after using twice a day (although my skin is acclimatized with AHA/BHA).
If you have hormonal acne and have tried everything else give epiduo a shot.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by Cosmeticianbabe14

I will first come out and say I was prescribed this product by a dermatologist for my awful ongoing whiteheads and it did work. However...
I also started on birth control for my skin at the time. So it was in conjunction with that. The product took a good 3 months to do its magic. Initially you will get really really bad breakouts because it is your skins whiteheads coming to head and forming pimples. So if you have a lot of whiteheads it will take sometime for there to clear. After about 5 months my skin was fabulously clear, only getting the occasional zit. I kept a strict routine of washing with a gentle wash in the morning with an oil free moisturizer and washing with a white tea cleanser at night, I also used an oil free moisturizer then and id put on the tactuo then. The biggest mistake you can make with the product is putting any more than a super thin layer. Exposure to the sun with this product (tanning beds especially) really made my acne flare up. Now after about 1 year of use, my skin has built a resistance and my condition has slowly crept back. I am devastated that my skin will go back to being ugly and oily. The tube is also messy and very expensive. Hard for me to decide my feelings for this product but for LONG term clear skin, this is not for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2013 10:14:00 PM More reviews by pmcgoldie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have had acne for about 4 years now and have tried a butt load of products, however this one just doesn't cut the mustard. I had a smathering of clogged pores and comedones on my face, and this did a good job of getting rid of those. But...I now have some cystic acne flare ups (and I NEVER had cystic acne before). Overall, my derm said I would be totally acne free in 3 months, and 6 months later...no dice. :/

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2013 10:35:00 PM More reviews by kyliechester

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

If you suffer from acne but find that most over the counter products irritate or dry out your skin, high-tail it to your derm and discuss Epiduo with them. I've had moderate acne since I was 10 or 11 years old, and I have gotten cystic flare-ups since I was about 14 years old, but my skin is also very sensitive and prone to dryness. So obviously, treating acne is a little bit of a dilemma. I use Epiduo at night after cleansing my face with CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser. When I wake up my skin is smooth, soft and totally clear. Total miracle product!