July 25, 2014 | 1898 users online

Treatments (Face) - Galderma - Epiduo (aka Tactuo in Canada)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Mimisweetfitness

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm 33 and have suffered with mild to moderate acne since my teens. Birth control has controlled it for years but recently decided to go off and my face had a very severe reaction. I tried so many different products before my doctor put me on aczone in am and epiduo at night. My face within a month has completely cleared. My hyperpigmention is also starting to lighten up. Very happy with the results. The price is also very good for those with insurance. Only $25 bucks. I use this with cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer for acne prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2013 12:58:00 PM More reviews by xobellastella

I'm 15 and have had mild acne since i was 11. I have tried everything over the counter, from skincare places and from the dermo, other than pills such as aczone, tazorac.. Anyway i used this product for about 6-7 months it worked wonders! My skin was perfect not one pimples for about 5-6 months but recently i have been breaking out so bad. It randomly stopped working. I just went to the dermo 2 days ago and he prescribed me acanya in the morning and atrailin at night i will update if it works. ALSO- if youre using this wear sunscreen!! I used 30 everyday even in the winter you will burn very easily

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2013 12:28:00 AM More reviews by Missaalyx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have oily, acne prone skin(YUCK!). I have tried numerous products including drugstore products, pro active, clarisonic,etc) I was constantly told by mother to just use soap and water and it would be fine but sadly I did not have her clear skin I had my fathers. My acne got to the point where I finally went to a doctor and was prescribed this wonderful product along with cetaphil gentle cleanser and moisturizer. I used the cleanser first, waited 15-20 mins and applied epiduo all over my face and then waited another 15-20 mins and applied the moisturizer (this was at night in the morning I only cleansed and moisturized my face so i wouldn't have such severe dryness from the product). A few days later I found my face was very sensitive to touch especially around the mouth, chin and under eye area. I also found that the moisturizer was not helpful no matter how much i put on and would make my skin feel like it was burning. My solution? Aveeno daily moisturizer cream!! This stuff is amazing and natural and does not clog pores. Within 2 days of using this stuff all my symptoms of dryness around the nose and lower mouth/chin area and sensitivity/burning were gone. I now have no symptoms of this product which is great considering the symptoms were why I was hesitant. I found that I had a lot of bumps on my skin that looked like they wanted to be pimples. Those are gone now. I am experiencing some break out though and the new pimples that are coming are big but I'm pretty sure they were deep under my skin and now are finally coming out. I couldn't be any happier with this product. The only reason I took off a lippie on my overall is because of the symptoms I had experienced in the beginning. The price can also be very expensive if you do not have insurance.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2013 11:04:00 PM More reviews by Succey

I have blemished,sensitive acne prone skin, I was given this by my doctor. The first few days I've used this product my skin has been even more sensitive, and more red. It was horrible, my skin became so dry and flaky, that i had to stop using it for a while. When I returned to using this product, I saw no improvements whatsoever as it had just made my skin even worse.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2013 6:24:00 AM More reviews by emsy192

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was SO scared to try Epiduo, as I always read reviews before I try something & kept reading a lot of negative ones. I was petrified my skin would get worse before it got better... BUT that was not the case!! a little bit about my skin type... I have combination skin with normally no blemishes (apart from the odd pimple/bump here and there). However, sometimes I break out in tiny little whiteheads..those annoying little bumps that just sit on the skin (in my case on my forehead), and are very visible in certain lighting. Even though I am grateful that my breakouts are never that bad, these little bumps REALLY ANNOYED ME !! So i went off to the doc, & she gave me samples of epiduo. After washing my face at night I'd apply a tiny layer of this gel over my forehead bumps (I mean the TINIEST bit- i didn't want my skin to get ridiculously dry/red!). After the first day I noticed no difference, and by the second I was feeling a bit frustrated cos I could see the whiteheads getting slightly bigger (I figured this was a good thing though, as they were purging)... now it's been 6 days and I swear my bumps are all gone ! Unless I REALLY search for them, they're no longer there. YAY! So happy. I do have a strange pimple next to my mouth ( a sore one that I don't normally get), not sure if this is due to the epiduo or not..... but it's nothing I cant handle. So, if you have mild non-inflammatory acne like me, I can guarantee this will work :) just use the tiniest amount once a day & see what happens!

ps i gave the price a '5' because I have only used the free samples... I assume it's quite pricey!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by ShiaMadison

I LOVE this product! I had really bad acne on my oily t zone. The first few weeks/month it gets worse but after that the acne disappears rapidly! My skin has never been so clear <3 Just make sure to wear sun screen under your moisturizer or you'll burn easily

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 5:50:00 AM More reviews by jesssparkles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is harsh but it works. I have been using this for ages and have a real system that works with this gel. If I have a spot, I put it on, however if I have a scar, I put on a spot of manuka honey which is intensely healing. A spot has sebum in it, when the sebum is gone and it becomes pink/flat dO NOT APPLY THIS STUFF, IT WILL MAKE YOUR SKIN INCREDIBLY FLAKY AND RED. People using this all over their face are going to get burn like wounds which happened to me when I first discovered it. IT IS NOT WORTH IT! This product is expensive as heck and is not meant for the skin all over your face! Use it with caution as a spot treatment, or alternatively use something healing in conjunction with the gel to help with the side effects.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2013 6:38:00 PM More reviews by shumak

Good product - it does work but literally takes your face off in the process. It stops acne but the side effects were too much. My face was bright red for ages sunburnt like - dry scaly foundation made me look like a lizard and I had little burns. Now I know this is temporary but for the sake of a few spots which can be covered by make up it just wasn't worth it and I can't even begin to describe the burning sensation and the sensitivity that came with it. If this is too much try duac which is less harsh

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by ashleyliu615

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i'll be breif
i've had moderate to sever acne for the past 5 years. and after using this product for 1 year my acne is pretty much gone (although i still get the occasional breakouts and i am still left with the scars).

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO KNOW about this product is that, it's nothing special. i can't say that i've tried everything but i have tried a lot of creams with similar claims as this one. it's basically benzyol peroxide. all it does is dry up your zits. however, it does work consistently well and i won't be changing because it works good enough for me. but if you're looking for that miracle product this probably isn't it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 8:01:00 AM More reviews by Constantine22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

WHAT AN AMAZING PRODUCT!!!!!!
I am in love with this "holy grail", yes in the first days you want to hide...but after the first weeks your face start to glow....it disappears acne and evens skin tone...
Be gentle with Epiduo because it really dries you out...do not use products with AHAs...
My Routine:

AM.

-Cleansing with La Roche Posay's Effaclar Gel. (let it dry).
(Toning if you want with Estee Lauder's Re-Nutriv Soft Lotion- Alcohol Free)
-Moisturizing with La Mer's The Oil Absorbing Lotion.
-ALWAYS APPLY SUNSCREEN, i use Avene's Cleanance SPF 30+ or La Roche Posay's Dry Touch SPF 50+ (Both give you a Matte finish).

AFTERNOON:
-Bioderma Sebium H2O (let your skin breathe).

PM.
-Cleansing with La Roche Posay's Effaclar Gel
-Apply carefully EPIDUO GEL.

NOTE: Be patient is a treatment that will definitely work for you. If you're sensitive to "Benzoyl Peroxide" try Differin. It's an amazing product too...