October 21, 2014 | 1962 users online

Treatments (Face) - Acne Treatment: Epiduo (USA) / TactuPump (Canada)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 12:58:00 PM More reviews by Amtagen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently went off birth control and my face mostly around my chin broke out in horrible "hormonal acne" i tried so many products to try and dry out my skin but nothing seemed to work it just kept on getting worse! So i went to the doctor and she gave me Tactuo, when i filled my prescription the pharmacist said my face might get worse before it gets better (oh great)!
I started using the product and for the first week my skin was cleaning but continuing to get drier and drier. I stuck with it and for about 4 weeks my face was horrible i wondered why i kept using it but kept going since i had read so many reviews about it. My face was red, dry, and had more white pimples then Id ever had in my life!
Today its been 6 weeks and my face is pretty much clear! other than some scarring from breaking out so bad. I have started red light therapy to try and help the scarring.
If you have just starting using this product and are having your doubts, STICK WITH IT! It will get better, i am so glad i stuck it out!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2014 9:37:00 PM More reviews by DVick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This works very well on my acne. However, I get horrible headaches from it. I believe it's the Benzoyl Peroxide because when I use just Differin gel I don't get the headaches. Very strange side effect but looks like i'm not the only one.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 7:48:00 AM More reviews by aimeeblack

I've seen so many people upset over the dry red skin they've been getting! But yes- I HAD HORRIBLY DRY AND RED SKIN due to this product. I had this for a month and was constantly told to go off of it by family. I stuck with it though and now my acne has reduced by 90%. I had very bad small bumps and acne around my forehead and mouth area- not attractive. This product COMPLETELY cleared my forehead from probably over 50 small bumps to 1 or 2 now and then. I am getting constant complements! I love this product so much, it's a miracle! My dermotologist gave me this and also "CeraVe Moisterizing Lotion" a dermatologist recommended acne moisturizer- it's moisturizes my skin perfectly although makes it red at first- this will die down. My advice to you- even though you go redder than a cherry, no pain no gain! :) I've used 3 tubes of it already.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2014 6:33:00 PM More reviews by mon2288

I could only use this gel for 4 days. At first I was very excited as I was waking up of a morning and I was seeing my very large painful cyst acne disappearing. It was fantastic. But unfortunately I was developing red skin and small bumps. Reading other reviews I thought this was normal - however after 4 days it was very clear to me that I was having an allergic reaction to this gel. My face is now bright red, bumps/rash all over my face and very VERY itchy. Unfortunately I had to stop using and am now on a DermAid cream to help stop the reaction. Such a shame because it did seem to be helping the acne!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2014 2:53:00 AM More reviews by outlook

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I've used many topical acne treatments and my latest one (Clindoxyl) stopped working so i went ahead and tried epiduo. The first week of using it i noticed some improvement in my skin, the redness went down significantly and my pimples were drying out overnight. However, the next week all hell broke loose. My skin (especially around my nose and chin) was covered in tiny bumps, they felt really gross but they were easy to cover with foundation. Next, all my black heads were getting pushed out of my skin and it seemed as if all the bacteria underneath my skin was coming to the surface and causing a bad break out. I continued using epiduo religiously every night before bed and around my 3rd week i started seeing results. My skin became much more clear (although i had quite a few red marks left from my initial break out during the 2nd week) and right now i am on my 4th week and i broke out a little because of my period but other than that i am seeing some results which gives me hope since none of the other topical treatments have worked for me in a while.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2014 2:31:00 PM More reviews by xmikimagoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to love this and I almost do... it truly does work as an acne treatment but the way it makes me skin feel is almost bad enough to make me want to throw it away and never see it again. It dries your pimples up really quick - almost overnight, but it also makes my skin red, itchy, dry and painful. I'm not sure if my skin would ever get used to the product and stop reacting to it this way, but I can't keep using it for now. If you don't have sensitive skin then you will probably love it, but if you do, then stay away!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2014 8:31:00 AM More reviews by Sophiemabel02

Works magic for me in only 2 weeks, i had a lot of spot bumps on my face which when the light hit it, made it look awfull. Couldnt feel confident. Only used this cream for 2 weeks and now they are all gone almost. Only bad side effect is my super dry face that is always peeling throughout the day so moisturising is a must! And also the burning pain :( other than that this product is amazing. Plus i get it free from docs on nhs !!! :D

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by beautyqueenstylebaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay so, Ive used this as a sample that my doctor gave me and the progress is great. I have a huge problem with blackheads and this treatment removed 85% of them. The only con is that its been drying out my face! If that ever happens to you, just don't use anything on your face for at least 3-4 days except for water and moisturizer it recovers my face really quickly. Other than that, I'm so going back for more of this treatment.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Bawbawcanada

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Love this stuff I used to have triple acne, and every since my skin doctor recommended this product to me i am so happy with the results!!! When ever I would have a break out tactuo would help me and get rid of it. The only side effect I just don't like is that it drys out my skin but other then that love this stuff:)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 8:51:00 AM More reviews by vaigai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have tried everything. Every natural "oil", random Indian herbal remedies, oral antibiotics, erythromycin, clindamycin, over the counter, OCM, peels. I'm 27 and my skin is always clogged, breaking out, and scarring. My dermatologist rx this stuff last year and at first, I used it religiously and it sorta worked. My skin was better, but not nice by any means. I kind of stopped using it and tried mandelic acid toner and black soap etc. In July, I started residency and decided my skin was a priority. Every morning I wash my face with African black soap (made liquid) and use Neostrata level 2 toner. Evenings, I use ABS, toner, and apply this stuff before bed. Twice a week I exfoliate with a mixture of finely ground nutmeg, rice flour, saffron and turmeric. I also stopped touching my face or drinking milk. MY FACE IS THE BEST IT HAS EVER BEEN!!! Bottom line: is this stuff a miracle? To me, yes. Everybody has different skin, but using this stuff regularly, cutting dairy, and the Neostrata AHA toner has worked wonders for me. It is fully covered by insurance so affordable for me as well!! If you can afford it - TRY IT!