September 1, 2014 | 1141 users online

Treatments (Face) - Galderma - Epiduo (aka Tactuo in Canada)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2013 6:46:00 AM More reviews by Smile20

I used to have these tiny little bumps on my forehead so I went to my GP and she prescribed me with epiduo. I was scared to use it at first because I heard it would make your skin peel really bad. After a week of using it every night before I go to bed, I started to see results. The tiny bumps on my forehead were disappearing and the pimples I had got smaller. By the third week my face was all clear and I didn't even experience any peeling! It felt so good because I have never felt my forehead so smooth :) While using epiduo I also changed my skincare routine. My GP told me to use soap free face wash so I went and bought the QV face wash as well as the aveeno daily moisturizing lotion. The face wash is not drying and the lotion moisturizes really well. The only thing I dont like about epiduo is that it made my skin really oily. My face gets really shiny throughout the day because of all the oil but it's alright because I can just use blotting paper :) I still get a pimple or two but my face is pretty much clear so I highly recommend epiduo. Talk to your doctor if it's right for you. I also recommend that you download the app epitracker. It's a free app that lets you take a photo of your face everyday to keep track of your progress :) Good luck!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2013 1:16:00 AM More reviews by goldfishlocks

I like this gel given to me by my dermatologist. My acne came about when I was 21, when I started working. The gel causes flaky and dry skin; dries up the pimples. Usually I would slab on moisturiser in the day to help. One thing about this gel is that you have to make sure you wash it all off in the morning. I use facial mist during the day to cool and hydrate the skin in the day.
It is painful but effective.
Pro: Effective
Con: Painful; burning, prickly sensation when applying after a few days.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by kaiterz55

I did not start getting acne until I was 21 years old. I am almost 24 now. I started to get acne and as time went on it got worse and worse. I had cystic acne, I never wish that upon anyone. I was covered in it, just along my jaw line, chin and cheeks. As soon as 5 or 6 would go away, I would wake up with 10 more zits! I tried everything, proactive(made it worse) monocycline(helped just a little) many many creams and drug store remedies, I tried so many things. I was researching online and came across Tactuo(epiduo) Let me just tell you that this has worked wonders for me. In a matter of just a month, my face was clear of all acne, I continued to take it for another month. I then moved to Mexico for 6 months, and of course being in the sun, the salt water helped keep the acne away. During my time there I did not use any acne medication at all. When I arrived back in Canada I noticed that my acne was coming back, so I went to the doctor and got another tube of Tactuo, and again within the first month it was gone. I think just because I only used it for a short period of time and then went off it, that is the reason it came back right away. I continue to use tactuo every second day, just to lightly cover my face. I recommend this to anyone who is suffering from acne! It is a miracle cream! I will warn you that the first week or 2 your skin will burn and will be irritated and extremely itchy! But it is well worth it!! Hope this helps!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by Biioniic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this from my dermatologist, LOVE IT! Gets rid of all of my acne without being too drying! Although can bleach towels...

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Dania0115

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I started using this product about a month ago. Initially the results were fantastic. I had slight peeling and dryness. Nothing my clairsonic and daily moisturizer couldn't handle. I have not had any breakouts but the spots are still visible. I was told this would break down the pigment to lighten spots and hyperpigmintation. Maybe this process takes a little more time.
My doctor gave me a months supply, when it was time to fill my RX, I was informed my insurance would not cover this cream... I was then shocked to find out that it would cost $340 dollars to fill my RX. While this cream works great it doesn't "$340" work great. Luckily I registered on their website and got a coupon. After the coupon the final bill ended up being 25 bucks!... Why cant they just sell it for that to begin with! If you can get your insurance company (or coupon) to cover it the I say go for it. Otherwise not worth the price tag.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by dcabc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the only product that has worked on my cystic chin acne. I use a tiny amount just on my chin every night and I haven't gotten any blemishes since the first week. I don't use any other acne medication anymore - just a Neutrogena makeup remover wipe at night followed by Boscia cleanser and a dab of Epiduo. I love this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Dina273

This is a really nice product! I really like the light gel consistency. I broke out 7-8 months ago for the first time (I was 14) and after trying to clear it myself I just went to my GP. She gave me Aczone (cream format) and it cleared it a bit, but I was still breaking out. I went back and she gave me Tactuo gel. I was instructed to slowly introduce it into my skin care routine by doing 1 day in the first week, 2 days the second week, etc. I would DEFINITELY recommend doing it this way. It's a very harsh product and too much use will dry out your face so it's better to slowly let your skin adapt to such a harsh product. My skin is mostly clear with 1 zit currently. I still have a few bumps but I expect them to fade away with further use.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Mimisweetfitness

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm 33 and have suffered with mild to moderate acne since my teens. Birth control has controlled it for years but recently decided to go off and my face had a very severe reaction. I tried so many different products before my doctor put me on aczone in am and epiduo at night. My face within a month has completely cleared. My hyperpigmention is also starting to lighten up. Very happy with the results. The price is also very good for those with insurance. Only $25 bucks. I use this with cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer for acne prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2013 12:58:00 PM More reviews by xobellastella

I'm 15 and have had mild acne since i was 11. I have tried everything over the counter, from skincare places and from the dermo, other than pills such as aczone, tazorac.. Anyway i used this product for about 6-7 months it worked wonders! My skin was perfect not one pimples for about 5-6 months but recently i have been breaking out so bad. It randomly stopped working. I just went to the dermo 2 days ago and he prescribed me acanya in the morning and atrailin at night i will update if it works. ALSO- if youre using this wear sunscreen!! I used 30 everyday even in the winter you will burn very easily

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2013 12:28:00 AM More reviews by Missaalyx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have oily, acne prone skin(YUCK!). I have tried numerous products including drugstore products, pro active, clarisonic,etc) I was constantly told by mother to just use soap and water and it would be fine but sadly I did not have her clear skin I had my fathers. My acne got to the point where I finally went to a doctor and was prescribed this wonderful product along with cetaphil gentle cleanser and moisturizer. I used the cleanser first, waited 15-20 mins and applied epiduo all over my face and then waited another 15-20 mins and applied the moisturizer (this was at night in the morning I only cleansed and moisturized my face so i wouldn't have such severe dryness from the product). A few days later I found my face was very sensitive to touch especially around the mouth, chin and under eye area. I also found that the moisturizer was not helpful no matter how much i put on and would make my skin feel like it was burning. My solution? Aveeno daily moisturizer cream!! This stuff is amazing and natural and does not clog pores. Within 2 days of using this stuff all my symptoms of dryness around the nose and lower mouth/chin area and sensitivity/burning were gone. I now have no symptoms of this product which is great considering the symptoms were why I was hesitant. I found that I had a lot of bumps on my skin that looked like they wanted to be pimples. Those are gone now. I am experiencing some break out though and the new pimples that are coming are big but I'm pretty sure they were deep under my skin and now are finally coming out. I couldn't be any happier with this product. The only reason I took off a lippie on my overall is because of the symptoms I had experienced in the beginning. The price can also be very expensive if you do not have insurance.