September 22, 2014 | 1834 users online

Treatments (Face) - Galderma - Epiduo (aka Tactuo in Canada)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2014 8:31:00 AM More reviews by Sophiemabel02

Works magic for me in only 2 weeks, i had a lot of spot bumps on my face which when the light hit it, made it look awfull. Couldnt feel confident. Only used this cream for 2 weeks and now they are all gone almost. Only bad side effect is my super dry face that is always peeling throughout the day so moisturising is a must! And also the burning pain :( other than that this product is amazing. Plus i get it free from docs on nhs !!! :D

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by beautyqueenstylebaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay so, Ive used this as a sample that my doctor gave me and the progress is great. I have a huge problem with blackheads and this treatment removed 85% of them. The only con is that its been drying out my face! If that ever happens to you, just don't use anything on your face for at least 3-4 days except for water and moisturizer it recovers my face really quickly. Other than that, I'm so going back for more of this treatment.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Bawbawcanada

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Love this stuff I used to have triple acne, and every since my skin doctor recommended this product to me i am so happy with the results!!! When ever I would have a break out tactuo would help me and get rid of it. The only side effect I just don't like is that it drys out my skin but other then that love this stuff:)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 8:51:00 AM More reviews by vaigai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have tried everything. Every natural "oil", random Indian herbal remedies, oral antibiotics, erythromycin, clindamycin, over the counter, OCM, peels. I'm 27 and my skin is always clogged, breaking out, and scarring. My dermatologist rx this stuff last year and at first, I used it religiously and it sorta worked. My skin was better, but not nice by any means. I kind of stopped using it and tried mandelic acid toner and black soap etc. In July, I started residency and decided my skin was a priority. Every morning I wash my face with African black soap (made liquid) and use Neostrata level 2 toner. Evenings, I use ABS, toner, and apply this stuff before bed. Twice a week I exfoliate with a mixture of finely ground nutmeg, rice flour, saffron and turmeric. I also stopped touching my face or drinking milk. MY FACE IS THE BEST IT HAS EVER BEEN!!! Bottom line: is this stuff a miracle? To me, yes. Everybody has different skin, but using this stuff regularly, cutting dairy, and the Neostrata AHA toner has worked wonders for me. It is fully covered by insurance so affordable for me as well!! If you can afford it - TRY IT!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2013 8:11:00 PM More reviews by Klonophunk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Here's my acne story. It's long but I hope it helps.
Skin history: I'm going to be 33 soon and this past summer I broke out worse than I have ever experienced. What a bullet to my self esteem! I had grown up with non-temperamental, normal skin as a teen and in my 20's experienced mild hormonal acne, but nothing like this! I had been in the hospital and therefore neglecting my skin for months prior: no exfoliating or moisturizing available and as a result I developed a ton of clogged pores. I started getting painful cystic acne on my chin, and once it got really inflamed and infected, acne started popping up all over my face: it spread to my forehead, cheeks and nose. At worst, there were about 30 active lesions on my face. Besides the broken out skin, my cheeks looked like chicken skin. The swelling was painful and I had to sleep on my back so that my face wouldn't hurt! It was very depressing to go through, and I had to cover it up every day or else I felt too self-conscious to face anyone. Even if I wore makeup, I wasn't sure if it looked better because my skin didn't have a good texture at all.

The battle: I went to the dermatologist in July 2013. For anyone battling acne, know that it can only go uphill once you start treating it!! Taking action helps psychologically. And don't let anyone convince you that this skin condition doesn't take a psychological toll! Hang in there and track your progress on the things the dermatologist prescribes. My acne definitely did not go away right away- it got better in small increments. From July to August, I was on Bactrim (an antibiotic, I was lucky not to have an allergic reaction, common for this medication) and immediately (within 48 hours) the swollenness of my face improved. I stopped getting cysts on my chin and jawline. However, I was far from clear even after the one month course of oral antibiotics. Whenever one part of my face cleared up and started to heal, new clusters of pimples popped up elsewhere and my face was still bumpy and clogged. The rest of my journey to clear skin involves topical solutions. I started EpiDuo, with 0.1% adapalene. I apply one pea sized amount and spread it all over my face, once every other night. On the days I didn't use EpiDuo I used Erythromycin 2% topical solution. Recently, I discontinued the Erythromycin with no ill effects. I never experienced an initial breakout-- my skin was already bad to begin with and it didn't get worse. Over the course of 3 months of treatment with Epiduo, my skin has changed: I have noticed the chicken skin like bumps coming to the surface so that they are easily extractable. Any pimple with a head would pop easier presumably because of thinner skin holding the pus (sorry if TMI) and bleed more than before, plus picking and squeezing at my skin would leave an abrasion. Therefore, now I avoid picking/squeezing at my face and contact with abrasive things like Buf Pufs and rough towels- I scraped up my face raw by attempting to deflake with a Buf Puf. The best way to remove skin flakes has been to massage my face with Albolene with my finger tips- the flakes roll right off and I just wipe the excess Albolene off with a paper towel. Because of washing with Albolene, I haven't needed nighttime moisturizer nor have I needed to wait 30 minutes for my skin to dry (no water used for rinsing.) If you do not clog or break out because of petroleum and mineral oil, I highly recommend trying Albolene. I was worried about using such an occlusive substance on my face but it actually calmed the redness of my skin down and I didn't notice any new clogs. I also started using Makeup Artist's Choice peels (25% Mandelic Acid or 40% Lactic Acid) once a week. I feel that the peels have helped the retinoid work better and that they have helped unclog my pores- if I miss a peel one week, my pores are noticeably more congested. The combo of peels + gentle cleanser + Epiduo have turned my skin around. I sometimes use a few drops of Argan oil before I apply Epiduo at night because it is winter (December), but I don't use moisturizer aside from Cerave AM during the day. It is my sun protection of choice: it hasn't clogged me and I haven't gotten burned.

To sum up: It's now about three and a half months after I switched to the products and regimen I've listed here and I am 100% clear. Not a single pimple, not even before my period. My skin is completely smooth and now I enjoy wearing makeup. I have had so few side effects from Epiduo it's as though I'm not using anything on my skin. I was skeptical about a retinoid working for me because I had an unsuccessful trial years ago with Retin A Micro- I got chemical burns from that possibly because I tended to apply too much or because it was too strong. I will update when 6 months passes; they say that one gets maximum results in this time. However, for me, I have skin that I'm happy with already. Good luck on your journey, and if you ever need support, send me a message!

6 month update: I am still 100% clear and use Epiduo every other day. My dermatologist said that I can use it every 4 days, now that I am clear. I still have hyper pigmentation issues left over from the acne I did have- I am using a 40% lactic acid peel every two weeks and it's helping. I've found from trial and error that it is best to discontinue the epiduo for a full 3 days before and after doing a peel, otherwise I have gotten raw patches (chemical burns.) Also helpful in improving the hyper pigmentation has been topical vitamin C.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2013 7:06:00 PM More reviews by OmiAtherton

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I actually never thought I would be here writing a review because I have spent the past two years on this site scrolling through reviews on about a million gazillion acne creams. I have been through so many different products and regimes, and wasted a lot of money, but I have finally found something that works and have been blessed again with the clear skin I had when I was 13 (minus some scarring but that's for another day). My doctor prescribed me Epiduo and at first it seemed like it wasn't working, or actually making things worse. But after about a month, I started seeing noticeable results. It just gradually began to get clearer and clearer until I was left with only some minor scarring from past breakouts, that I believe the Epiduo has actually been fading somehow (they aren't as red). All I can say is thank God for this product, I am an actress/model and dealing with breakouts is a massive anxiety and not at all on my list of things I need to be confronted with. It has brought me massive piece of mind.

I use in conjunction with a simple everyday face-wash called Phisohex, and exfoliate with green tea once a week. I apply the Epiduo every night and every second morning, depending on what's going on. I have no trouble applying makeup afterwards, as long as I have moisturized. It gives the skin quite a primed feeling anyway.

The only side-effects I have experienced with this product is a minor tingling sensation if you put too much on, or slightly dry skin, but nothing that can't be fixed with a bit of moisturiser. I don't recommend using this on your skin if you are sunburnt though.

I am so so so very happy that I can wake up every morning with clear skin and go around without makeup/or with minimal makeup, because I haven't felt comfortable doing that in a long time. Going to the beach and not worrying that I look like a deranged pizza face is an amazing feeling! XD I am absolutely stoked with this product and urge anyone struggling with mild (or even severe) acne to try it- give it a chance and I think you will be just as pleased as I am. I can't describe how much having clear skin has changed my life and self-esteem for the better!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by carrrly321

I used to take a prescription antibiotic for my acne, but a few months ago it caused me to break out in hives. So, my dermatologist said no more oral antibiotics. This cut out almost all options for me. So, she had me try epiduo. I had small bumps all over my forehead, and occasionally larger and more red pimples on my cheeks. At first, I started to notice a difference but after two months, there was no difference at all. It was like I wasn't using anything. Do not reccomend this! I am using proactiv plus now, which seems so finally be doing something for my skin

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2013 6:46:00 AM More reviews by Smile20

I used to have these tiny little bumps on my forehead so I went to my GP and she prescribed me with epiduo. I was scared to use it at first because I heard it would make your skin peel really bad. After a week of using it every night before I go to bed, I started to see results. The tiny bumps on my forehead were disappearing and the pimples I had got smaller. By the third week my face was all clear and I didn't even experience any peeling! It felt so good because I have never felt my forehead so smooth :) While using epiduo I also changed my skincare routine. My GP told me to use soap free face wash so I went and bought the QV face wash as well as the aveeno daily moisturizing lotion. The face wash is not drying and the lotion moisturizes really well. The only thing I dont like about epiduo is that it made my skin really oily. My face gets really shiny throughout the day because of all the oil but it's alright because I can just use blotting paper :) I still get a pimple or two but my face is pretty much clear so I highly recommend epiduo. Talk to your doctor if it's right for you. I also recommend that you download the app epitracker. It's a free app that lets you take a photo of your face everyday to keep track of your progress :) Good luck!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2013 1:16:00 AM More reviews by goldfishlocks

I like this gel given to me by my dermatologist. My acne came about when I was 21, when I started working. The gel causes flaky and dry skin; dries up the pimples. Usually I would slab on moisturiser in the day to help. One thing about this gel is that you have to make sure you wash it all off in the morning. I use facial mist during the day to cool and hydrate the skin in the day.
It is painful but effective.
Pro: Effective
Con: Painful; burning, prickly sensation when applying after a few days.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by kaiterz55

I did not start getting acne until I was 21 years old. I am almost 24 now. I started to get acne and as time went on it got worse and worse. I had cystic acne, I never wish that upon anyone. I was covered in it, just along my jaw line, chin and cheeks. As soon as 5 or 6 would go away, I would wake up with 10 more zits! I tried everything, proactive(made it worse) monocycline(helped just a little) many many creams and drug store remedies, I tried so many things. I was researching online and came across Tactuo(epiduo) Let me just tell you that this has worked wonders for me. In a matter of just a month, my face was clear of all acne, I continued to take it for another month. I then moved to Mexico for 6 months, and of course being in the sun, the salt water helped keep the acne away. During my time there I did not use any acne medication at all. When I arrived back in Canada I noticed that my acne was coming back, so I went to the doctor and got another tube of Tactuo, and again within the first month it was gone. I think just because I only used it for a short period of time and then went off it, that is the reason it came back right away. I continue to use tactuo every second day, just to lightly cover my face. I recommend this to anyone who is suffering from acne! It is a miracle cream! I will warn you that the first week or 2 your skin will burn and will be irritated and extremely itchy! But it is well worth it!! Hope this helps!