October 1, 2014 | 1062 users online

Masks - Queen Helene - Mint Julep Masque

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2003 11:27:00 PM More reviews by selphydeg

Mint Julep Masque was very spreadable with a texture similar to DHC's mineral mask. It dried very fast, and I got it off easily with a wet towel. I didn't feel slippery or soapy feelings when I rinsed the dry masque off. The result, sqeaky clean and soft skin. I I don't have sensitive skin, so I can't comment on the gentleness of this product

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2003 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Bodicea

Always have a spare tube someplace - it's a lifesaver! For my skin (combo/oily, late 20's, large pores on nose, occassional breakouts, not sensitive) this stuff is awesome. TRULY shrinks the appearance of the pores on my nose. Yes, it does have a tingly burn at first but it calms down and leaves my skin positively glowing. But I can see how someone with dry/sensitive skin would hate this product. It's really made more for the oil-prone types.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2003 1:45:00 PM More reviews by ZoeMc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

If you have dry skin DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT! You really have to use your common sense when it comes to cosmetic products -- a clay mask would never be a good choice for someone with dry skin. That said, my skin is very oily and this mask is perfect for me! My skin is somewhat sensitive and I have tried masks that just made my skin burn like fire. This mask tingles and stings for just a few moments, but that passes very quickly. When I wash if off, my skin is smooth, clean, clear and matte. I use this twice a month or whenever my skin begins to feel gunky...more often in the summer months.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2003 12:47:00 AM More reviews by chedoux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was a little skeptical of all of the raves, but they're true. If you have oily or combo skin, this stuff is great. I didn't notice any burning, and I thought the spearmint smell was nice. My skin tone is more even-- how in the heck did Helene figure out how to do that for so cheap? Great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2003 7:31:00 PM More reviews by uisceboo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I would love to buy this in a big tub, because I don't just use this on my face, I put it on my shoulders and chest and back. Really sucks the grease out! I don't find the mint overwhelming -- I actually want more -- but the smell is soothing. Does the job very well for a pittance -- what's not to adore?

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2003 12:46:00 AM More reviews by jijigirl

Awesome, awesome mask. The only other one that I like is the Chanel product, but it is more than 10X the price. Great deal, great product. Try it especially if you're oily and acne-prone. It works!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2003 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Soybeans236

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This deep cleans my pores like no other! I use it once a week as a mask, and I also use it to spot treat. As a mask, it removes blacks quickly! As a spot treatment, it drastically reduces blemish size. Awesome stuff! A++++++

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2003 10:03:00 PM More reviews by SOULSTARR

I went to the nearest Walgreen's and picked this stuff up (cheap at only 2.99)after reading all of the rave reviews and tried it as soon as I got home. It smelled like toothpaste but that wasn't too offensive to me and when I scrubbed it off, my pores had shrunk and my skin was smooth and soft. My pimples didn't go away but the next day I did notice that they had dried up. REMARKABLE!!! I want to use this stuff everyday but it dries out my skin and causes irritation if I use too often so I'll just use it 1-2 times a week. I have really oily skin so I wouldn't recommend this to people with dry skin. But it's a part of my regimen now!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2003 8:41:00 AM More reviews by sweetf

I have oily skin and use this as a face masque for a few minutes and as a spot treatment overnight. It makes my face smoother after and dries my zits pretty well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2003 3:47:00 PM More reviews by medeia13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This slightly burns and tingles when I first put it on my face, but this sensation goes away. It dries in about 10-15 minutes and it leaves my skin feeling refreshed.