December 21, 2014 | 1760 users online

Masks - Queen Helene - Mint Julep Masque

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2003 5:35:00 PM More reviews by gottfrie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was scared... my skin is SO sensitive and prone to dryness, redness, you name it. I have a cosmetic dictionary and I did my Homework. Almost all the ingredients the queen used in this one are natural (a couple are not, but not too harsh).
So, when I noticed a few blackheads that wouldnt go away I used the queen. I think I can only use this during the oily summer, and for that purpose it's great. Too harsh to use during the winter.
Recommended for anyone but the super driest and sensitive skinned-- do a patch test!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2003 9:06:00 AM More reviews by Casii

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Whew, for the first minute it does have a tingly sting, but after the party was over, my skin was smooth and my pores were thanking me. Definitely not for the sensitive. I can handle a lot, but I was pacing around waiting for the tingling to stop. My son has taken to using this on his t-zone and his skin is doing remarkably better (big testimony from a guys guy).

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2003 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Luckychick1515

I like this mask. But be warned it is not for those with dry skin. And it does not tingle or sting, it BURNS!!!! So i only use it on my t-zone. I think it does a good job as an on the spot thing but not has an all over mask.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2003 4:06:00 PM More reviews by sangria

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A cult classic. I like it more as a spot treatment on underground problems than as an all-over mask. It does tingle somewhat maliciously at first, but calms down as it dries. I can see the oil on the mask from the pores on my nose, which is always gratifying. I would never apply to cheeks, however, only the T-zone. All in all, would recommend for everyone to try, if only for a spot treatment. If you don't like it, a friend definitely will. I will always have a tube around.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2003 1:41:00 PM More reviews by Cutie6680

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is what i have been looking for! This has such a nice minty smell... like toothpaste, and dries on my skin nicely. It also washes off easily, and takes away a BIG zit, when i feel one coming. Only down fall... kinda tingles not nicely for like a min. then goes away... but nothing uncomfortable or anything

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2003 3:23:00 AM More reviews by smee123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I can finally say that I found a HG product! This stuff is amazing for zits! I wish it were sold everywhere though. I've used it as a mask too, but I like it better as an acne treatment. It's perfect!

Edit - May 2012 - - It's a sad day today. I found out this has propylene glycol in it. Look it up, it's used in antifreeze, paints...etc
This really was my holy grail product I've been using for 10 years! I don't know if I'll ever find anything as good as this again.
Into the garbage bin it goes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2003 1:11:00 PM More reviews by chaoz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I finally got my li'l hands on this mask!!! hehehe... it's not sold in Canada so when I was travelling to Chicago I grabbed this at Walgreen's... it's hard to get outta the tube cuz it has a relatively hard consistency... but once I put it on I just felt refreshed... love everything about it... dries quickly and gives me this tightening feeling... the only gripe is that it's not available everywhere... but I can always hoard... *doh*!!! haha... :D

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2003 3:38:00 PM More reviews by jalin

Ugh. I tried this stuff a long time ago and still have bad memories of it. I seriously do not understand why anyone would put this on their face. It has to be the most useless product I've ever used in my life. But, I guess people's mileage varies. I'll stick with MoM as my cheapie drugstore mask. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2003 2:14:00 PM More reviews by minhee

i love this mask! i'm on my second tube and it's great for cleaning up my face after i exercise. it makes my pores smaller, cleans up the excess oils, and makes my face feel much more cleaner and refreshed. also great as a spot treatment, it has gotten rid of the zits that nothing else would make them go away!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2003 2:42:00 AM More reviews by jg0427

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this because of all the great things I have read about it - plus it was cheap, no animal ingredients & no animal testing - but it wasn't for me. My skin is just too sensitive, it HURT. I'm hanging onto it so if i get a pimple I can try it as a spot treatment.