August 22, 2014 | 1270 users online

Masks - Queen Helene - Mint Julep Masque

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2003 3:08:00 AM More reviews by devilzwind

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was a fab product. I try to use it once a week. It smell very fresh and is tingly. My skin is smoother, cleaner and softer after using this mask, and the price isn't overboard. Has become a staple for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2003 8:26:00 AM More reviews by misspris26

I love the smell but I don't see this as the miracle zit zapper people have claimed it to be. Just a nice face mask. It has sulfur and clay, and it's fun because it's green!! It's dirt cheap too and you get alot!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2003 5:11:00 AM More reviews by Mary79

After hearing all the hype on the skin care board I had to try this out. I really do like it although it does not perform miracles on my skin. I absolutely love the minty smell, it smells like Wrigley's Spearmint gum to me. After using this mask about a month every 2-3 days I did notice that my pores looked a tad smaller. My breakouts are also a little less frequent. Instead of a pimple every other day I get maybe one pimple a week. Not bad. This really does do a good job at sucking junk out from the pores I think because my complexion has improved. I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2003 4:38:00 AM More reviews by mishlee21

Love, love, love, LOOOOVE this stuff! I have oily/combo skin and suffer from the occasional breakout ... every couple months or so, I tend to get one of those nasty, deep-rooted, severely painful, "cystic" bumps somewhere on my face, and Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask is ALWAYS my first resort (along with Body Shop Tea Tree Oil ...)! It really sucks your skin clean of oil and impurities and amazingly enough, sincerely helps reduce big acne bumps. Your skin feels so refreshed and baby soft after. I would only recommend this mask to combo to oily skin users however, as I can see how it might be too harsh for someone with sensitive dry skin. But if you're looking for a great, affordable ($3 bucks a pop!) mask that really does the job, try this stuff! It's so worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2003 10:37:00 AM More reviews by Butterfly1981

Really sucks the oil right out of your pores! You can actually see the little grease spots.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2003 1:54:00 AM More reviews by m2ho77

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i have very acne, acne prone skin. it is so oil i can put this mask on daily without any dryness, irritation, or flakes. this is very good mask for those oily ones out there! but beware all of you who have dry, sensetive skin; run away quickly. for those with normal skin, most likely you guys want to use it when you have a breakout. this mask can also be used as a spot treatment overnight. i do this all the time. i seriously think it does help those pesky pimples more quickly. when i put on the mask, it seems to turn some transparent color on the nose and forehead area(trapping oil perhaps?). overall this is a pretty good mask and for dirt cheap! i will repurchase but i will have to use a different mask first because i think any product will lose its effectiveness if you use it constantly in a row. so i usually will have 2 face washes, 2 toners, 2 bha/aha gel, 2 moisturuizers. once i finish one brand then i swith to another then i go back to the previos brand and so on and so on

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2003 4:12:00 PM More reviews by rlush

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think this product is great, I’ve been using it off and on for about two years. I work in a smoky bar so I need something to combat the ill effects. I wouldn’t say that it clears up my skin or completely shrinks pores, but it does help. The minty smell is a bit mediciney-- but refreshing and it does pull the grime and oil out of my skin. And it makes the overall texture of my skin feel better after using it. I wouldn’t recommend it on dry skin!!! But if your skin is oily this stuff is great!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2003 6:04:00 PM More reviews by technopixie

It doesn't suck out my blackheads or dry up my blemishes. It does however make my pores look cleaner and smaller. I've been using it every three days or so in preparation of prom and it hasn't inflamed my skin. It does however burn like heck until it dries, but it's tolerable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2003 11:56:00 PM More reviews by allison125

I feel like I've just had a facial. I used this mask today, and I was very skeptical about what it could/would do to my face. I found it hard to believe that it could get rid of blackheads and unclog pores, because there's nothing to peel off, and there's no exfoliation involved. Well... it WORKED!! I'm shocked! I left it on for 15 minutes and when I washed it off, I won't say that by blackheads were GONE, but they were right at the surface of my skin-- just a tiny bit of pressure (TINY!) applied to the areas caused them to erupt in a really disgusting, but somewhat pleasing, fashion. I did notice that I needed to use a washcloth to get everything off, especially after I did my post-mask extraction. My pores were magically unclogged, and they looked sooooooo much better. Again, it was as if I had just paid high dollars for a European facial-- except for the tightness of my skin afterward. No worry-- moisturizer took care of that easily. I found the scent to be rather invigorating, as well, although I probably wouldn't ever use this if I had a headache... Anyway, enough raving. For the price, this product CAN'T BE BEAT.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2003 2:41:00 PM More reviews by sephyoo

I totally agree with nearly everyone.. this one works.. it kinda burns a little so you have to get used to it it did shrink acne but i didnt see any blackheads disappear for me.. i will try this one again sometime