Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water, Kaolin, Bentonite, Glycerin, Zinc Oxide, Propylene Glycol, Sulfur, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI#77288), Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben

on 7/15/2003 8:04:00 AM

I love this stuff! I bought it because of the reviews here on MUA and I am so glad I did! I use it at least 2x a week and it keeps my nose black head free and keeps me from getting to oily. NOT for sensitive skin though, so if you are the sensitive type you might need to stay away from this one.

on 7/14/2003 8:23:00 PM

I decided to try this after hearing such rave reviews on it. I really like it a lot! It's got a very strong minty smell, which isn't awful but pretty strong, and it kind of burns while on your face for a bit. It's cleared up my face tremendously and doesn't leave your face feeling too dry. I'll be using this one for a long time! :)

on 7/14/2003 8:18:00 PM

WOW. Queen Helene has succeeded where years of prescription topicals have failed: the blackheads on my nose have met their match, finally. These have been a pet peeve of mine for the last 9 years and now they're in exile. It's thick in the tube but spreads nicely over skin, and if you like Wrigley's, you won't mind the smell. As an added weirdness bonus, you can see the blackheads rise to the surface as the masque dries -- it works so much better than Bioré, which has a similar weirdness factor. And as a plus, the bright green color is great for scaring my younger brother. I'd pay 10x as much for this stuff.

on 7/14/2003 1:45:00 AM

I love this mask. I love the minty sensation and the smells are not bad too. Smells like a toothpaste :P I use this as spot treatments and it works wonders on my combo skin.

I'm not sure where all the "hype" for this product came from....IMO it's not that great, and stings my face like mad!! To it's credit, it is a semi decent spot treater, if you can handle the smell.

on 7/12/2003 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This product was simply amazing at clearing up the persistent blackheads on my t-zone in a matter of days. Also, I've found that if I keep it on overnight, it tames the oilies the next day like no other. Another awesome find thanks to MUA! Everyone should know about this great product!

on 7/12/2003 1:27:00 PM

After hearing all the raves, I bought a tube of this and was disappointed to find that I can't use it. As a whole face mask, it burns so badly that I can't keep it on long enough to do me any good. I tried it as a spot treatment on blemishes and was rewarded with a hard scaly skin patch along with the blemish. I know that it works great for some, unfortunately, I am not one of them!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

What more can I say? This is a great product at a great price! I love how clean and clear this makes my skin. Excellent for 'sucking' out all dirt and buildup.

on 7/11/2003 2:10:00 PM

Okay. You're hearing it here first: Queen Helene is a witch.

This Mint Julep Masque is fueled by some VERY powerful forms of black magic. Forces I'd never want to make angry.

At least, that's the only explanation I can come up with. This stuff... is... GODLY!!!!!!!

I'm COMPLETELY in love with it! It smells EXACTLY like spearmint gum, tingles when you put it on (not to mention has that perfect green color that makes your bathroom feel ever so slightly spa-like), and it WORKS! I break out from time to time... and I've got lots of teeny tiny blackheads on my nose. Well, that should almost be past-tense, because they're almost gone!!! After YEARS of trying to get rid of them, less than a week with the Queen and I'm almost rid of them!

For George's sake people, do yourself a favor and buy a tube of this stuff. The tube might not be that pretty, but that's in your favor: if the packaging was cute, everyone would be grabbing it up and there wouldn't be any left for you!

The only other thing I could possibly add is GOOD LORD THIS STUFF IS CHEAP!!!

All hail the Queen.

on 7/11/2003 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I tried it last night. Oh Dang ! at the first minute, my face got burnt ! (I think maybe because I am on the 'Acne Cure' routine' using both BHA and AHA too). I agree with people here that the package is so ugly and hard to squeeze the stuff out. You gonna get too big glob. I put it all over my face last night. I think it dried my face more than Tea Tree Oil Mud of Body Shop. After washing it out, my face was quite dry (too dry, I think). However, it made my 2 painful zits nearly disappear. I think I gonna keep this stuff as a spot treatment only. I have oily/combination skin but I still consider this mask is too strong to use few times in a week (for all over the face). I am afraid that if I use too often, the wrinkle gonna come to visit too soon.

Popular Masks