Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water, Kaolin, Bentonite, Glycerin, Zinc Oxide, Propylene Glycol, Sulfur, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI#77288), Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben

on 8/3/2003 7:54:00 PM

Didn't work for me. Face felt terribly tight and sand-papery after I washed it off, and I have really oily skin. It was just way too strong, especially the smell. And it burned my face.

on 8/2/2003 12:55:00 AM

My blackheads disappeared after the first use! This is a great product. I bought it because my grandparents used to use it and they had great skin!! LoL ... anyway, this isn't for sensitive skin, but it works wonders on mine!

on 7/31/2003 3:04:00 AM

i really hate it. it does nothing plus leaves green residue

on 7/30/2003 7:52:00 PM

Everytime someone asked about getting a pimple to develop faster on the skin board someone mentioned this masque. After a while I was curious. It works great for me. I have combo (oily T zone) but actually just got this for pimples. I tried it today on two pimples and on my nose. I have blackheads that barely show up and can't get them out. Well this masque took them all out. Will definitely continue to use this. It does tingle/sting a bit but it didn't leave any type of a rash or irritation. Definitely worth trying out! Very cheap too, I got a huge tube for $3.00!

on 7/29/2003 12:19:00 PM

My mother visited the states and I asked her to bring the masque home for me. Now I see what the fuss is all about.

After my first use, I can see that my skin appears refined and feels refreshed. It is a great thing to have in the summer. The smell is kinda weird, but you will get used to it. I apply it first thing in the morning and eat my breakfast then brush my teeth while wearing it.

It does take alot of rinsing to get this stuff off but the effort is worth it. Too bad it is not available in Canada. But when I run out, I will get my American aunt to send me more!!!

Hint: if you have combination skin, apply the masque to your oily areas only. And do use it as an overnight spot treatment- IT WORKS!

Warning: Do not approach another family member at the other side of a dark hallway while you are wearing the masque or you will turn the other person white as a sheet!

Update: it has been brought to my attention that Queene Helene is sold at certain Vancouver health food stores. Thanks to all of you who paged me. I do have friends and relatives who visit the states frequently and pick me up several tubes at around $5 CDN each...still cheaper than getting it locally at $8 CDN each.

continued >>

on 7/29/2003 12:54:00 AM

This did not work for me. It was way to harsh for my skin. I think it did more harm than good. So sad, I really wanted this to work after reading all the great reviews here.

on 7/27/2003 1:04:00 PM

This stuff is miraculous. If I find a pimple that's still deep in my skin (like you can't see it yet but feel that bruisy feeling), I can put a glob of this on at night and by morning the pimple is gone.

on 7/26/2003 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really like this mask for once a week just to dry out the blackheads on my nose. I really need a more moisturizing mask for my sensitive skin, but this masque does the job it says it will do.

on 7/26/2003 2:36:00 AM

i first tried this mask about a year ago, and had mediocre results. i still have most of a tube lying around, so i decided to try it in the name of clearing out my half used stuff.
when i tried it this time, the results were amazing. i thought the claim that it would lift blackheads would be total bs, since it didnt do anything of the sort last time i used it, but this time, it completely worked.
it lifted all of the hideous blackheads from my nose. nothing i have ever tried, even ahas and bhas, have had near the results as this cheapie drug store mask. if chanel or la mer bought the rights and formula, they could charge hundres of dollars, because it absolutely works. i dont know what made it suddenly perform for me, but if it continues to work this well, ill buy it as long as they keep making it.
its about $4 at my walgreens. it has an extremely minty smell, but it didnt irritate my eyes or skin. the mask didnt dry out my face, even when used on my cheeks, which tend to be dry. its easy to remove if you wet your face thouroughly first. my evil blackheads start to return in three days, so i use this mask on my nose only every third day, and on my entire face when i feel like i need it, about every week.
review challenge 7/13-7/19 continued >>

on 7/25/2003 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love using this an overnight spot treatment (especially for cysts!), but it tends to irritate my skin if I use it as a mask. Other than that, it's great, and I'll keep it as one of my staples.

Popular Masks