Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water, Kaolin, Bentonite, Glycerin, Zinc Oxide, Propylene Glycol, Sulfur, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI#77288), Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben

on 8/22/2003 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This mask does not work wonders, but it does work wonderfully. I have very oily skin, and have had severe acne in the past. The Mint Julep mask really makes my pores look smaller. It brightens my skin and reduces the slight appearance of redness in the faint scars I have from the acne. The effect lasts for about a day. Mint Julep is also good for loosening/removing blackheads and drying up the occasional surface pimple. It won't clear up cystic acne, but works great on all the little stuff. It's a bit harsh when you first put it on - I can see how it would be bad for people with sensitive skin - but it's worth it. The only quibble I have about MJ mask is that it dries out pretty quickly, and can be difficult to squeeze out of the tube. But for <$3, it's a great bargain.

on 8/21/2003 11:16:00 PM

This is definitely the best mask I've ever used. My skin is acne-prone and very sensitive which makes it difficult to choose a mask that is strong enough to zap my acne and yet not irritate my skin. I was worried when my skin tingled after putting QHMJ's on, but when I washed it off my skin was clean, bright and not at all irritated. I could see the difference immediately. I've been using it for two months now, twice a week. I love it, its price and the smell.

on 8/21/2003 10:14:00 PM

All in all a better-than-average mask. Helps keep my skin bright, and I think it's effective on my blackheads, as well. If I had the time, I'd do this mask every other night. IMO, this is a dirt-cheap yet solid competitor for my (used to be?) HG mask, Astara Blue Flame.

on 8/21/2003 6:08:00 PM

I love, love, love, this. I have oily skin and occasional breakouts and this was amazing. Pores are small after use, skin feels soft, pimples dramatically lessened. Plus I think the package is kind of cool, vintage like

on 8/20/2003 11:18:00 PM

I have really clogged pores lately and a few zits so I was hoping this would somewhat help. Instead, it dried out my skin, made it flaky, and gave me bumps on the areas near the cheeks where my pores are most prominent. Since it really irritated my sensitive acne prone skin, I would not repurchase or even retry. Also, another thing to consider is what its effects would be in the wintertime when my skin is drier--eek!! I'll probably try the DDF sulfur mask next b/c my pores are disgustingly filled--yuck :(

on 8/20/2003 9:58:00 PM

I had to get this after hearing all the raves about this mask. Now, this is my favorite mask!! I have tried a lot out there and this inexpensive mask is the BEST! It leaves my skin clean and sucks the oilies. This mask helps me with little bumps on my face- it's looks so clear after I wash my face. I actually like this minty smell, for me it's refreshing. Also, it shrinks big pimples after first use. This is a great product!! It's my staple. :)

on 8/19/2003 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

After reading all the great reviews I decided that I HAD to try this masque. It sounded like a miracle in a bottle. Well, it wasn't! None of my blackheads were gone & my blemishes stayed exactly the same. The only reason I gave it a 2 instead of a 1 is b/c i have to admit that it did leave my face a little softer. But nothing spectacular either. Oh well! None of these "miracle" products ever seem to work for me

on 8/12/2003 11:11:00 PM

i'm not sure if it helped on my acne, but it did get rid of my blackheads. i might have put too much on because it took awhile to dry.

on 8/12/2003 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Nothing special!

on 8/12/2003 7:00:00 PM

Gasp! This is by far the greatest facial product I have ever used! I paid $2.87 for a huge tube of it, and after one use i noticed the pores on my nose looked way smaller. I left it on overnight and the next day my nose didn't get shiny AT ALL.....that has never happened before, and I have tried everything. It goes on kinda stong smelling, like spearmint gum, but the smell fades after a few minutes. It does tingle but it's a pleasant feeling, not burn-y like some masks I have used (and I have really sensitive skin). If you haven't tried this, do so! Even if you don't like it, you're only out two bucks and change. :)