April 21, 2014 | 1098 users online

Masks - Queen Helene - Mint Julep Masque

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2003 11:02:00 PM More reviews by sleepyone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Please *stay away* if your skin is sensitive at all. Horrible, nasty stuff. I was desperate and bought this to use as a spot treatment. It not only did nothing to help get rid of my pimples, the next morning I woke up with red scaly dry patches over my pimples!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2003 11:46:00 PM More reviews by caramelQT

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this mask. Once a week, I steam my pores and apply this mask. It makes my skin smooth and clear. I also use this a spot treatment.. it works wonders!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2003 10:16:00 PM More reviews by ColorOfMyWorld

This masque (not a peel off) is for acne skin to dry up pimples, remove black heads, and shrink enlarged pores. It has shrunk my pores some, has done some good for my black heads. On the acne it's different. It seems to draw out some, and clear up the rest. I wouldn't use this if you have dry skin though. I have normal to dry skin that's highly acne prone. I can't use this daily because it will dry out my skin but I do like to use it nightly on just the spots that need it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2003 9:17:00 PM More reviews by hlww74

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used to use this in HS and it worked great. I just rediscovered this thanks to MUA. I have dry/sensitive skin so I use it as a spot treatment in winter! It's much cheaper than MB drying lotion and works just as well. I will rebuy when I run out (should be awhile because I use so little):)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2003 3:28:00 PM More reviews by laurapausini

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! I have normal skin so I only use this on my T- zone during the winter. In TX, it gets so incredibly humid and hot that my makeup can easily melt and slide off. Mint Julep Masque works wonders on my skin. This tingles a lot for a few minutes, then the sensation dissapates. Usually, I keep this on for about 10 minutes or more if it's super-oily from the heat. After using it, my skin is baby soft, smooth, and my pores are noticeably smaller and tight. It even eliminated very tiny tiny blackheads from my forehead area, and cheeks, and the nose area. This stuff smells so good and is so refreshing, especially during the hot summer months. It really can calm you down when you use this stuff. I actually look forward to using this stuff because I know that I will get great looking skin without a lot of effort. I will buy this over and over again! A MUST HAVE!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2003 6:20:00 PM More reviews by diamondfemme

I bought this on a whim, for $3.99 at Walgreens, and was surprisingly pleased.

When I'm premenstrual, I get this horrible and painful cystic acne. Sometimes, the cysts/zits are the size of a blueberry or even bigger. They take forever to surface and drain, on their own.

I used this product over the weekend, on Friday and Saturday nights, and my developing cystic acne was gone on Monday morning.

How amazing is this??? I LOVE this product.

The scent is a little like toothpaste, and it does burn a bit while drying, but unlike some of y'all, I didn't find it painful.

I think I'll always keep a tube of this in my cabinet. I'd suggest avoiding it if you have dry or sensitive skin, though.

UPDATED a week after I started using this product: OMG, my skin is looking so much better! I used this as a spot treatment on 2 PMS cystic pimples, and they usually take about a week to go away, untreated. With GH Mint Julep, they were gone in 2 days, and my skin had settled down on those spots, no blotchy looking bits. The pores on my nose look better, too, and when I wake up, my face isn't as oily.

Also, if you want to use this as a spot treatment on pimples, and leave it on all night, I promise, it doesn't come off on your pillowcase!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2003 11:37:00 PM More reviews by Powhatten

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I adore the color and the scent but it broke me out. I have tough skin but some ingredients can give me hives and they must be in this product!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2003 9:08:00 AM More reviews by MsTaken

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have sensitive combination skin and I loved this stuff. I tried it out last night before bed. It didn't make my face tingle painfully, washed off easily and my skin looks great this morning.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2003 8:32:00 AM More reviews by eil33n

It's quite a good mask to clear acne, i just leave it overnight on spots and the next day they're less visible. And it comes in a really big tube, plenty to use but the packaging ought to change. It gets kinda hard to squeeze the masque out when there's little left and it leaves the tube looking disformed..

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2003 1:33:00 AM More reviews by lonneke

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am raving about this product. It truly does what everyone below me says. It does clear up acne, and it eliminates those slow, deep, painful ones! I love the smell, and I do not detect any sulfur at all. I think every girl should have a Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque!