July 28, 2014 | 1701 users online

Masks - Queen Helene - Mint Julep Masque

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2003 4:12:00 PM More reviews by rlush

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think this product is great, I’ve been using it off and on for about two years. I work in a smoky bar so I need something to combat the ill effects. I wouldn’t say that it clears up my skin or completely shrinks pores, but it does help. The minty smell is a bit mediciney-- but refreshing and it does pull the grime and oil out of my skin. And it makes the overall texture of my skin feel better after using it. I wouldn’t recommend it on dry skin!!! But if your skin is oily this stuff is great!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2003 6:04:00 PM More reviews by technopixie

It doesn't suck out my blackheads or dry up my blemishes. It does however make my pores look cleaner and smaller. I've been using it every three days or so in preparation of prom and it hasn't inflamed my skin. It does however burn like heck until it dries, but it's tolerable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2003 11:56:00 PM More reviews by allison125

I feel like I've just had a facial. I used this mask today, and I was very skeptical about what it could/would do to my face. I found it hard to believe that it could get rid of blackheads and unclog pores, because there's nothing to peel off, and there's no exfoliation involved. Well... it WORKED!! I'm shocked! I left it on for 15 minutes and when I washed it off, I won't say that by blackheads were GONE, but they were right at the surface of my skin-- just a tiny bit of pressure (TINY!) applied to the areas caused them to erupt in a really disgusting, but somewhat pleasing, fashion. I did notice that I needed to use a washcloth to get everything off, especially after I did my post-mask extraction. My pores were magically unclogged, and they looked sooooooo much better. Again, it was as if I had just paid high dollars for a European facial-- except for the tightness of my skin afterward. No worry-- moisturizer took care of that easily. I found the scent to be rather invigorating, as well, although I probably wouldn't ever use this if I had a headache... Anyway, enough raving. For the price, this product CAN'T BE BEAT.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2003 2:41:00 PM More reviews by sephyoo

I totally agree with nearly everyone.. this one works.. it kinda burns a little so you have to get used to it it did shrink acne but i didnt see any blackheads disappear for me.. i will try this one again sometime

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2003 9:56:00 PM More reviews by bigbrowneyes823

Holy Smokes! When I put this mask on for the first time, I fels as if the skin on my face was being burned off, and the layers underneath were being suctioned off of my bones. That being said, I love this mask. I use it twice a month. I started using it to get rid of blackheads that I started developing on my nose and cheeks. The mask has gotten rid of the blackheads, and my skin only now gets the occasional pimple. I think this mask may be too harsh to use for some people (I had normal to oily skin; I think that dry skin may react badly to this mask) to use every week, but I figure everyone knows what is best for their skin. I love this mask, and will never NOT use it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2003 9:43:00 PM More reviews by missyM

Beyond amazing. This seriously dries up zits and refreshes skin. Who knew happiness came in a tube and costs $2.99 at your local Walgreens? I love the smell and the consistency. I leave it on blemishes overnight and by morning they've totally shrunk. Stick with this, because you're not going to find better.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2003 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Strawberi

I like this mask a lot. I don't think that it's a miracle product, but it does wonders for my state of mind. My skin feels super smooth after taking it off. I sometimes use this as a spot treatment and it helps make the pimples dry up faster. To be honest I don't really know if it helps bring things to the surface. I don't really look. I'll have to pay attention next time and I'll leave an update.
Update: So I finally took a good look at my skin after using this and I noticed that it really helps with blackheads. I'm more in love with it now!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2003 11:48:00 PM More reviews by CamiLynn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My complexion looks more even after I use this but the smell is too strong.UPDATE: this stuff dries my skin out and I'm getting pretty sick of this smell. I just bought the clearasil total control and hopefully that will work.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2003 12:27:00 AM More reviews by turquoise_girl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i only use this as an over night spot treatment b/c my skin is too dry to use it all over as a mask. the only problem with it is that the container can make it a little difficult to get the stuff out sometimes. I have to squeeze pretty hard but its worth it. Great price!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2003 11:54:00 PM More reviews by mytheleneblue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I only use on my T-Zone and it works great there! scent is great. One awesome tip: Always exfoliate before you put on a mask. Learned it at the Lancome school. Has worked so far!