MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 6/30/2011 4:20:00 AM

I have this for a year and seldom use it because of its color itself. It dries up like mad however it still can be use when I warm it first on the back of my hand. I'm thinking of using this as an overall eyeshadow base color when I first saw it. It turns too pink-ish when I apply on my eyes and slightly darker than my NC10-15 skintone. It is so unnatural so I always keep this in my drawer...Furthermore, it creases into my eyelid badly and makes my eyeshadows becomes a lot more terrible after few hours of wearing. This circumstance did improve when apply with Mac eyeshadows, but it creases badly while matching with Inglot. Definitely won't buy again and there are a lot more better options over the market.

on 6/27/2011 1:25:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I currently live in the desert and have extremely oily lids, which is a recipe for a mid-afternoon eyeshadow melt-down disaster. Cue this paint pot, which is an absolute lifesaver. I have always been pretty happy with Two-faced shadow insurance, but painterly is just opaque enough on my lids that it gives my eye shadow a more polished look. I'm a very pale redhead, and it does noticeably lighten and brighten my lids (I could almost use it as an under-the-brow highlighter), so this may not work for darker-skinned ladies. It is more effective at preventing creases than are any other primers I've used, and my eyeshadow doesn't budge until I remove it at night. I've found that it does need to be blended well to not give lids a crepe-y look and to keep it from settling into creases (it dries very matte), but I wouldn't trade it for anything else,

on 6/27/2011 1:09:00 AM

I have always loved mac eye shadows and I just recently decided to try a paint pot. I purchased painterly because so many people rave about it and I am so glad I did. I will repurchase forever, and I would recommend this product to ANYONE. The paint pot literally keeps my eyeshadow looking perfect until the second I wash it off. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product and would recommend it to anyone.

on 6/23/2011 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love that MAC's paint pots certainly keep makeup from creasing, but Painterly is far too light. I am NC25-30 and so when I use Painterly it looks a little silly and too light. I have seen other gurus use this who have similar or darker complexions and it just looks silly. I wish they had a similar matte shade that was a little darker!

on 6/23/2011 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I absolutely love Mac paint pot in Painterly! It is the most beautiful color and glides on so creamy and easily! I switched to this after using urban decay's primer potion in eden, I find the packaging more desirable in the paint pot; Also, the eyeshadow lasts all day and doesn't crease! I love it and will keep my makeup bag stocked with this always!

on 6/20/2011 6:19:00 AM

I really, really like this product. I'm a NW20 and was tossing up between Painterly and Soft Ochre, but am glad I chose Painterly. It is the perfect base for my eyeshadow (really helps prevent fall out) and sometimes I wear it alone on my eye which covers discolouring and brightens my whole face. It is expensive ($35 AUD) and sometimes if I wear it alone it can feel a bit dry on my eyelids, but it is great overall and I will definitely buy it again if I ever run out!

on 6/19/2011 11:46:00 AM

Amazing...dont know what I did without it! A little goes a long way,so the price isnt bad at all as this should last you forever,I am just about half done and I purchased this a year ago.I will repurchase this over and over.

on 6/17/2011 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

it's too pink-ish for me and it's kinda drying. i should of bought soft ochre

on 6/6/2011 8:43:00 PM

This is my favorite paint pot aside Bare Canvas. This is beautiful on olive-fair skin. I use my fix fluid with it so I can damp it before using otherwise it looks super dry and flakey. I really like it and I belive I've had it for over 2 years now. Still works great.

on 6/1/2011 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this as a base. Now I realize why my eyeshadow always wore off after a couple hours. Not anymore! I've tried actual "primers" (ie. urban decay primer potion) which are good too, but I like the lightweight feel of the paint pots better. :) It wasn't sticky at all and made my eyeshadow vibrant and last all day. I highly recommend it and would buy another one but the one I have now has lasted me so long already. :)

Top Rated MAC Products