MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 8/12/2011 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

best eyeshadow base ever. best colour even to wear on its own.
i find paint pots are great at intensifying any colour you put over them, they also seem to give cake eyeshadows a longer wearability so i often put paint pots on my eyelid before a whole lot of cake eyeshadows. This colour is great cause its a neutral (in an NC40) and its matte. It dries quick and is light enough on me to make me look 'awake'.
I actually took this off my mum because i heard good reviews about it, and everyone is right! its great to blend some darker browns into the crease of your eyeshadow and it makes for great office make up. the colour is an intense taupe-y beige. absolutely love it.
the best bit is you get so much in the jar that you probably dont have to buy one for a while even if you use this every day. Though i dont know about drying up and how long it may take.
Paint pots in general i really like as theyre long wearing. what i do find im confused about though is how to apply mine, ive tried all brushes, all types of fibres, but the best tool i use is my finger. i just pat it onto my eye. if you pull or rub you skin drags along and it hurts, the product has a type of waxy feel. You never have to retouch your eyeshadow if you wear this alone as it doesnt budge and if you drop the pot its okay as it wont break like a cake does and you dont always need a brush to apply it.
paints/paint pots i have to say are one of the best MAC products they have!! so easy, versatile and long wearing, totally worth the US price. (im australian and i would buy paint pots for AUD, but i wouldnt have 4 of them if i hadnt bought some from the US)

on 8/7/2011 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

I am so glad that I found out about this product. It is such a great eyeshadow base. I love the natural color. Sometimes I wear it as my eyeshadow. It has a very creamy texture that is not greasy. This is one of my favorite products.

on 8/6/2011 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This is the unsung hero in my stash. I use it more as a base than a primer-over top of TFSI. It is the pefect "my eyes but better" matte shade. It blends on smoothly with a brush, never creases and doesn't effect the color of my shadows. Sometimes I wear it alone, tightline my eyes, slap on some mascara, and go for a "no makeup look".
A little goes a long way--I have had this for about 4 months and it barely looks touched even though I use it about 5 days a week so it is a good price for the amount of product.

I have tried it with a brush and without but I prefer it with a brush--it is easier to blend it right along the lashline.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Bought this as an emergency eyeshadow primer after my urban decay primer potion. It works really well for me! I've been using it with the naked palette which I find without a primer creases horribly . Can't say anything bad about it!

on 8/3/2011 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I liked it.. nothing special to me.. It's nice to wear and made my lid even and preped for my eye shadow. but it's not totaly stunning.. the colour really matched my skin and made it look more smooth and it stayed on for ever!
for that price i think you get a lot of product with an awesome quality..
oh yeah. i really like the packaging.
xx

on 7/30/2011 1:51:00 AM

I use painterly as an eye shadow base. Perfect color in that it is not to beige or too rosy and therefore does not "compete" with eye shadows. I tend to have oily eyelids and this product is excellent for keeping my eyeshadow in place. I prefer this product to Urban Decay's eye primer.

I cant tell you how much I LOVE this product. I've had it for about six months, use it every single day as a primer, and its not even half used. Goes on very easily and hides any discoloration/veining on my eyelids. Absolutely no creasing either... would definitely buy this again.

on 7/20/2011 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

I love my TFSI, but since it goes on transparent, my pale, veiny lids still tend to show through my shadow. While painterly did cover the veins, it was way too pink for me (NW15/MUFE HD 115) and it made my lids look crepe-y and more...mature, despite the application technique (I tried with both my finger and a fluffy brush). I researched this product a ton before I finally bought it, so I'm disappointed that it didn't work out for me.

on 7/10/2011 5:55:00 PM

This is an outstanding product. I always have trouble with creasing eyeshadow. This stuff eliminates that problem. I try to keep my makeup inventory at a minimum, but this is a definite must for wearing eyeshadow!

Creamy colour, just like a canvas. It neutralizes the eye, just like a primer. Gives you a great base prior to eyeshadow application. I'm an NC25 to NC30 (sometimes NC35 in the summer) and this colour compliments my skin very well. I use a bursh with this product for application because it is a pot and I don't like sticking my finger into pots...contamination!! The mixture is fairly creamy and very pigmented. I have to blend it across my eyelid and just below brow bone fairly fast and a brush helps. Thankfully it dries fast but not as fast as UDPP. If you don't use a brush it won't go on as precise or apply as smoothly. It's overall easier to use a brush. I use this eyes prior to eyeshadow application. I tend to use FACES eye primer too but because it has too much shimmer I alternate with Painterly when I don't want shimmer. Especially if I want to use matte eyeshaodws like Omega or Malt. I've had this for 3 years, I know thats a long time to keep an eye product such as this. Normally cream colours go hard or they dry out and crack. I had 3 other pain pots Delft, Groundwork & a black one which dried out and cracked. :( The lady at the MAC counter said, I should have sealed the lid tighter. I'm sure I did. And they were dried out in less than 2 years except Painterly because it is so creamy. I don't know... I'm pretty angry those dried out so I won't buy another paint pot. Only reason I won't repurchase again is because I have so much and still haven't made a dent in it and I'm sure I should throw it out by 5 years for sanitary reason. Also I find that it can be cakey or creasy if you apply too much on the lid. A little goes a lonnnnnnnnnng way.

Top Rated MAC Products