MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 8/20/2011 11:02:00 PM

A great base color and it hold my eyeshadow on well. Though I don't seem to reach for it as much as my primer potion.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I can't lie, having heard so much about the lasting wear of Paint Pots; Painterly skipped my attention completely and I brought Bare Study instead as I was more accustomed to using yellow based products over pink based. I think I made a big mistake and after finding out that Painterly is used by non other than Kim Kardashian... I quickly returned to MAC to buy it.
Although it's quite pink-ish, in comparison to say Bare Study or Ochre, once applied on my eye lids (over my foundation) it is actually quite a neutral, matte colour and just what you need from an everday eye shadow base. Only a small amount is needed and it seems like this Pot will last me years!
On it's own it doesn't hold my eyeshadow too well. I find it works best if I dust my MAC blot powder over the top and then apply my eyeshadow. But overall, its smooth, creamlike texture makes it an easy product to apply and the colour (which I think would be suitable for all skintones) brightens my complexion - as a result this Pot and now forms part of my everday make up routine. Thank you MAC... and Kim!

on 8/12/2011 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

best eyeshadow base ever. best colour even to wear on its own.
i find paint pots are great at intensifying any colour you put over them, they also seem to give cake eyeshadows a longer wearability so i often put paint pots on my eyelid before a whole lot of cake eyeshadows. This colour is great cause its a neutral (in an NC40) and its matte. It dries quick and is light enough on me to make me look 'awake'.
I actually took this off my mum because i heard good reviews about it, and everyone is right! its great to blend some darker browns into the crease of your eyeshadow and it makes for great office make up. the colour is an intense taupe-y beige. absolutely love it.
the best bit is you get so much in the jar that you probably dont have to buy one for a while even if you use this every day. Though i dont know about drying up and how long it may take.
Paint pots in general i really like as theyre long wearing. what i do find im confused about though is how to apply mine, ive tried all brushes, all types of fibres, but the best tool i use is my finger. i just pat it onto my eye. if you pull or rub you skin drags along and it hurts, the product has a type of waxy feel. You never have to retouch your eyeshadow if you wear this alone as it doesnt budge and if you drop the pot its okay as it wont break like a cake does and you dont always need a brush to apply it.
paints/paint pots i have to say are one of the best MAC products they have!! so easy, versatile and long wearing, totally worth the US price. (im australian and i would buy paint pots for AUD, but i wouldnt have 4 of them if i hadnt bought some from the US)

on 8/7/2011 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

I am so glad that I found out about this product. It is such a great eyeshadow base. I love the natural color. Sometimes I wear it as my eyeshadow. It has a very creamy texture that is not greasy. This is one of my favorite products.

on 8/6/2011 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This is the unsung hero in my stash. I use it more as a base than a primer-over top of TFSI. It is the pefect "my eyes but better" matte shade. It blends on smoothly with a brush, never creases and doesn't effect the color of my shadows. Sometimes I wear it alone, tightline my eyes, slap on some mascara, and go for a "no makeup look".
A little goes a long way--I have had this for about 4 months and it barely looks touched even though I use it about 5 days a week so it is a good price for the amount of product.

I have tried it with a brush and without but I prefer it with a brush--it is easier to blend it right along the lashline.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Bought this as an emergency eyeshadow primer after my urban decay primer potion. It works really well for me! I've been using it with the naked palette which I find without a primer creases horribly . Can't say anything bad about it!

on 8/3/2011 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I liked it.. nothing special to me.. It's nice to wear and made my lid even and preped for my eye shadow. but it's not totaly stunning.. the colour really matched my skin and made it look more smooth and it stayed on for ever!
for that price i think you get a lot of product with an awesome quality..
oh yeah. i really like the packaging.

on 7/30/2011 1:51:00 AM

I use painterly as an eye shadow base. Perfect color in that it is not to beige or too rosy and therefore does not "compete" with eye shadows. I tend to have oily eyelids and this product is excellent for keeping my eyeshadow in place. I prefer this product to Urban Decay's eye primer.

I cant tell you how much I LOVE this product. I've had it for about six months, use it every single day as a primer, and its not even half used. Goes on very easily and hides any discoloration/veining on my eyelids. Absolutely no creasing either... would definitely buy this again.

on 7/20/2011 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

I love my TFSI, but since it goes on transparent, my pale, veiny lids still tend to show through my shadow. While painterly did cover the veins, it was way too pink for me (NW15/MUFE HD 115) and it made my lids look crepe-y and more...mature, despite the application technique (I tried with both my finger and a fluffy brush). I researched this product a ton before I finally bought it, so I'm disappointed that it didn't work out for me.