MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 8/3/2011 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I liked it.. nothing special to me.. It's nice to wear and made my lid even and preped for my eye shadow. but it's not totaly stunning.. the colour really matched my skin and made it look more smooth and it stayed on for ever!
for that price i think you get a lot of product with an awesome quality..
oh yeah. i really like the packaging.
xx

on 7/30/2011 1:51:00 AM

I use painterly as an eye shadow base. Perfect color in that it is not to beige or too rosy and therefore does not "compete" with eye shadows. I tend to have oily eyelids and this product is excellent for keeping my eyeshadow in place. I prefer this product to Urban Decay's eye primer.

I cant tell you how much I LOVE this product. I've had it for about six months, use it every single day as a primer, and its not even half used. Goes on very easily and hides any discoloration/veining on my eyelids. Absolutely no creasing either... would definitely buy this again.

on 7/20/2011 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

I love my TFSI, but since it goes on transparent, my pale, veiny lids still tend to show through my shadow. While painterly did cover the veins, it was way too pink for me (NW15/MUFE HD 115) and it made my lids look crepe-y and more...mature, despite the application technique (I tried with both my finger and a fluffy brush). I researched this product a ton before I finally bought it, so I'm disappointed that it didn't work out for me.

on 7/10/2011 5:55:00 PM

This is an outstanding product. I always have trouble with creasing eyeshadow. This stuff eliminates that problem. I try to keep my makeup inventory at a minimum, but this is a definite must for wearing eyeshadow!

Creamy colour, just like a canvas. It neutralizes the eye, just like a primer. Gives you a great base prior to eyeshadow application. I'm an NC25 to NC30 (sometimes NC35 in the summer) and this colour compliments my skin very well. I use a bursh with this product for application because it is a pot and I don't like sticking my finger into pots...contamination!! The mixture is fairly creamy and very pigmented. I have to blend it across my eyelid and just below brow bone fairly fast and a brush helps. Thankfully it dries fast but not as fast as UDPP. If you don't use a brush it won't go on as precise or apply as smoothly. It's overall easier to use a brush. I use this eyes prior to eyeshadow application. I tend to use FACES eye primer too but because it has too much shimmer I alternate with Painterly when I don't want shimmer. Especially if I want to use matte eyeshaodws like Omega or Malt. I've had this for 3 years, I know thats a long time to keep an eye product such as this. Normally cream colours go hard or they dry out and crack. I had 3 other pain pots Delft, Groundwork & a black one which dried out and cracked. :( The lady at the MAC counter said, I should have sealed the lid tighter. I'm sure I did. And they were dried out in less than 2 years except Painterly because it is so creamy. I don't know... I'm pretty angry those dried out so I won't buy another paint pot. Only reason I won't repurchase again is because I have so much and still haven't made a dent in it and I'm sure I should throw it out by 5 years for sanitary reason. Also I find that it can be cakey or creasy if you apply too much on the lid. A little goes a lonnnnnnnnnng way.

on 7/1/2011 11:47:00 PM

Overall this paint pot is amazing !! i love it ...but i find it to be a lil bit creasing on my oily lids so i have to put on a lil TFEI to keep it from smudging... its grate just to make does sharp colors pop and for blending as well :)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This isn't as effective as MAC paint in untitled at providing a neutral, crease-free foundation for my NW20 (extremely oily, contact wearing, and allergic) skin. However, I've met worse, and more expensive, on my quest (guerlain tops the high end, ELF the low, but I've tried everything from benefit, clarins, and Chanel fluid shadows. I'm a junkie for shadow primers.)

Honestly, I think MAC paint pots should be taken less as primers than cream shadows. As cream shadows, they're amazing--benefit creaseless creams, for example, freaking suck, as shadows and as primers, whereas paint pots work well as both (for a decent amount of time, just not for 12 hours straight.) if you're looking for a primer, I'd suggest buying a paint, especially if your lids are oily. I've used them religiously for a decade. If you need only light coverage, a paint pot will suit you just fine, and if it dries out, try adding a drop of pure glycerin or visine to restore the consistency.

on 6/30/2011 4:20:00 AM

I have this for a year and seldom use it because of its color itself. It dries up like mad however it still can be use when I warm it first on the back of my hand. I'm thinking of using this as an overall eyeshadow base color when I first saw it. It turns too pink-ish when I apply on my eyes and slightly darker than my NC10-15 skintone. It is so unnatural so I always keep this in my drawer...Furthermore, it creases into my eyelid badly and makes my eyeshadows becomes a lot more terrible after few hours of wearing. This circumstance did improve when apply with Mac eyeshadows, but it creases badly while matching with Inglot. Definitely won't buy again and there are a lot more better options over the market.

on 6/27/2011 1:25:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I currently live in the desert and have extremely oily lids, which is a recipe for a mid-afternoon eyeshadow melt-down disaster. Cue this paint pot, which is an absolute lifesaver. I have always been pretty happy with Two-faced shadow insurance, but painterly is just opaque enough on my lids that it gives my eye shadow a more polished look. I'm a very pale redhead, and it does noticeably lighten and brighten my lids (I could almost use it as an under-the-brow highlighter), so this may not work for darker-skinned ladies. It is more effective at preventing creases than are any other primers I've used, and my eyeshadow doesn't budge until I remove it at night. I've found that it does need to be blended well to not give lids a crepe-y look and to keep it from settling into creases (it dries very matte), but I wouldn't trade it for anything else,

Top Rated MAC Products