Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor)*, punica granatum (pomegranate) seed oil, tocopherolrosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), carmine, benzyl salicylate, cinnamal, citral, eugenol, geraniol, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool. *natural flavor

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this after hearing many good things about Burt Bee's lip balm. I have dry lips, especially during the winter. I thought this would help to moisturize and soften my lips. It did neither. The balm did not sink into my lips nor did it moisturize at all. It made my lips feel waxy and dried them out even more. I had to constantly reapply this. I will definitely not be purchasing this again.

on 12/5/2009 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product is decent, but nothing extraordinary. I can't stand the original Burt's Bees lip balm due to the menthol, which is actually quite drying for lips. I tried this instead and found it softening and soothing, with average lasting power. The smell is fairly strong and ginger-y, and I expect it would be a bit cloying in the summertime. The packaging, to me, is particularly ugly (crimson and yellow-orange? really?), but overall this is a good lip product, and I don't regret trying it out.

on 12/4/2009 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I never leave home without this in my pocket and on my lips.
It has a great subtle tint of red, and it really moisturizes well. The tint does not transfer and one tube will last a long time.

on 12/2/2009 7:46:00 AM

Having never tried products by this brand before, I decided to try this lipbalm because they advertised almost 100% natural ingredients. Overall, I'm satisfied with the results but don't think I will buy it again for the price (here in Canada, it's $3.99 on sale). Also, I wish they had advertised the tint as I would have then avoided this purchase. I try to avoid lipbalms that tingle or make my lips more red as I have larger, reddish coloured lips anyways. Using this product, my lips get so red they look almost like I've just been eating pomegranate.

If I had no other choice and my chapped lips were dying, I would buy this product again. Otherwise, no.

on 11/24/2009 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have very sensitive lips and wanted a lip balm that was natural and non irritating to my lips. A lot of people recommended burts bees so I tried it, but was not pleased with the results. The texture of the formula was okay but the colour from the pomegranat on my lips was way too bright! I scent was also a little too strong for me. The balm also didn't help with my sensitive lips, it did irritate my lips and caused my lips to swell a bit. I would not buy this product again.

on 11/22/2009 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is my favorite non-colored, tube-type lip balm. It's incredibly moisturizing and the hint of taste/smell is lovely. Highly recommend.

I used to use the Honey one but I decided to give this one a try. I prefer the Pomegranate one because I like the color & texture better (it's softer) & I love the smell! Definitely leaves my lips smooth & moisturized :)

on 11/12/2009 2:29:00 AM

I got this because it was on sale and im obsessed with anything with pomegranate in it and I was pretty dissapointed because it felt waxy to me, I wish the smell and taste of pomegranate was stronger. But thats my only complaints. It does give a faint red tint to your lips which I like & does keep them mosturized.

on 11/12/2009 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

omg i'm using this right now! its right next to me! ha! lol.
anyways, i REALLY like this. a lot more than the plain burt's bees chapstick. it actually moisturizes (for a while at least) and i love the color. the color is not too dark but still noticeable, which i love. overrall, 4/5 lippies only cuz i wish it would moisturize for a longer time.

on 11/9/2009 12:33:00 AM

i am obsessed with this lip balm! i got the four pack (containing two minty ones, and one each of honey and pomegranate) from target for $10.00, making it a great value. the replenishing lip balm with pomegranate oil has a faint scent that is reminiscent of pomegranate but isn't quite as tangy and sharp as the fruit. it leaves my lips very soft and tinted faintly red. it's different from the usual minty tingle i get from burt's bees lipbalm. this is a definite re-buy for me.

Popular Lip Treatments