August 21, 2014 | 978 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2007 8:56:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of this through the EL counter, the sales lady told me it would be good for oily skin. I have normal-oily skin so I gave it a try because it was a serum rather than a lotion or cream based moisturizer. I agree that it feels great on face, but after wearing for few hours, my face was became oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2007 8:29:00 PM More reviews by ruthcline

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately for my budget, nothing works for my oily skin like Idealist. I've tried the drug store serums but they leave my skin slightly greasy. Not idealist. It unclogs my pores, controls oil all day long, and best of all, leaves my skin as smooth as glass. It is so expensive but I cannot live without this one!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2007 12:37:00 PM More reviews by HollyMarie

Eh, Nothing special..I mean it feels great on your skin but I dont think it is really doing anything special for it. Packaging is good, but I really did not see any benefits of this..UPDATE: Tried this again after pressure at the counter and again-regrettable-nothing special for me

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2007 11:59:00 PM More reviews by MrsMcKenzie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I finally decided to use some of this I had received in a GWP. At first I just really liked the way it made my skin feel before applying my makeup -- which made me think if this product does nothing more than that I should look into using primers, but cheaper ones. Well, this product actually did start to make my skin look better....very quickly. I've just been using it this past week, just in the mornings, and my pores are smaller and my skin seems to be smoother and a bit less red.

My skin across my nose and cheeks was burned very badly when I was little, and my face is very, very red there and my pores are reasonably large on the apples of my cheeks and near my nose. This product has made then much smaller (like normal pores!) And the redness appears to have calmed down a bit. I think I will be repurchasing, I just hate the cost. But...I really can see a difference in my skin.

I would definitely recommend this to someone who has a real problem with large pores or red or dry skin. (Not a tiny problem.) But I would recommend trying out a sample with a GWP or sweet talk your EL sales lady into a free sample. Also, department store makeup counters tend to have good return policies...so try it and take it back if it doesn't work for your skin. (Even if the saleslady gives you problems, they'll take it back.) Definitely worth a chance though if your skin needs slightly more serious help.

(Under my pictures I've got a photo of me with no makeup from about 8 months ago and once I take off my makeup tonight, I'll add a newer no makeup picture.) continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2007 7:25:00 PM More reviews by windsey

i have some acne scars that i was trying to get to heal up. and when my sister moved out of town for her job, i inherited this. i had chronic acne problems on my chin, and when i had gotten that part to finally calm down, the skin was a bit darker than the rest of my face and just kind of discolored looking. and i had some cystic acne scars on my cheeks that i needed to heal and lighten up. :( i had been using several shiseido products that were slowly healing them and lightening those areas.

but within a week of putting this into the rotation, i noticed a significant difference in the the time it was taking for my scars to heal. and my skin has dramatically evened out on my chin. i'm still not completely satisfied as to where my scars are at. and i think idealist has helped as much as it can for now... but i'll definitely use it in the future on fresher scars every time.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2007 7:57:00 PM More reviews by Boxerface

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It feels lovely when you put it on at the store. I rubbed this on the back of my hand. It seemed to sparkle and made my hand look great. This of course caused me to purchase it along with my foundation. Disappointing, Expensive and did not seem to make my foundation or skin look any better. I know many say to try this for a full month. I did for a few weeks. Again I feel taken advantage of, I did not see an improvement. I read that some say this is a primer for make up but the package says to use it two times a day. Why, if it is a primer.

I do like the Advanced Night Repair and would love to swim in a pool of it to care for my skin. I am not a billionzionaire so that will just be a fantasy. Save your funds don't spend it on Idealist. Instead Spend your money on Advanced Night repair. You will love that instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2007 9:51:00 AM More reviews by yuiying

i have combo - dry skin, and very sensitive so when comes to essence or serum type of skincare i need to be extra careful. I got this idealist in the Xmas pack, sample size 15ml. I used it day and night so that i can have enough time to evaluate how good this serum can do to my skin.

Fortunately, after 2 weeks, my clogged pores cleared and a healthy glow around my face. All my friends had been praising how good my skin is. I trusted Idealist and would buy again. I am now only use it during the night, the small bottle can last me for a month or 2.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2007 3:12:00 PM More reviews by bjbear4690

I have oily skin with enlarged pores in the T-zone area. I got a sample of this with PWP. I loved how smooth my skin felt and how easy it was to apply my foundation. However I have noticed that after about 2 hours my face is very oily and by afternoon it starts to itch. I can't wait to get home and remove my make up. I have given this product adequate time, approx. 2 1/2 weeks, and am still not impressed.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2007 4:34:00 PM More reviews by janie_118

This product beautifully smooths the skin, it is incredibly soft and I love the smell, but clogged my pores as well. I ended up with some pimples (and I have normal/combination skin). The feeling of perfectly soft and clean skin is the only reason why Im giving it 2 lippies.. Otherwise its not worth buying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2007 11:34:00 AM More reviews by labegude

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It is amazing to read that some people do not like Idealist. Everyone's skin is different, I suppose. If you have oily or combination skin; this is a boon.

The woman at the Estee counter warned me not to use this alone, that you must use it with a moisturizer. After one week I can see an incredible difference.

I am over 60 but still with sometimes oily, sometimes dry (combination skin). Perhaps this does not work for some younger reviewers, but I am tickled pink to have a new beauty regime for my bag of tricks.

If you are concerned, you can get samples on Ebay for cheap, but please do not use this unless you also use the Hydro moisturizer or some other good moisturizer.