Estee Lauder Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher

3.5

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Acetyl Glucosamine, Sodium Lactobionate, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Yeast Extract, Serenoa Serrulata (Saw Palmetto) Fruit Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Castanea Sativa (Chestnut) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender), Amorphophallus Konjac Root Powder, Caffeine, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Coriandrum Sativum (Coriander), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit California), Cholesterol, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Squalane, Polyethylene, Isopentyldiol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Isohexadecane, Polysorbate 20, Pantethine, Methyldihydrojasmonate, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Vp Copolymer, Polysorbate 80, Peg-8, Ethyl 2,2-Dimethylhydrocinnamal, Phospholipids, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Butylene Glycol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Sodium Glycyrrhetinate, Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Limonene, Linalool, Iron Oxides, Mica, Titanium Dioxide.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love this wonderful smoothing base, but want something that ain't so exy!

on 5/16/2007 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Yes, this stuff is great, but because of the price, and that there ARE other products that work just as well, if not better, it gets 4 lippies from me.

ETA: I now use L'Oreal Pore Minimizing serum and the texture and result closely matches the results from Idealist.

on 5/16/2007 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I agree. This stuff is wonderful. The SA patted some on me & my acne prone skin felt like butter & made makeup go on beautifully. Dragged my boyfiriend in & slathered some on his oily acne prone face & within an hour the redness & irritation was soothed & smooth.great stuff

on 5/16/2007 10:04:00 AM

Luv!!! I know this stuff is really nothing more than silicone and some vitamins but I swear it's melts like butter on the skin and feels so silky smooth. Smells heavenly too. It's not marketed as a moisturizer, but ever since I started using the idealist, I have had no need for the moisturizer any longer. I am all about "multitasker" products and this one fits the bill. My skin feels so smooth, soft and makeup goes on like a dream (it's a nice primer). Oh, and NO breakouts.. Would definately buy this again. I think I have a new HG in my product arsenal :-)

on 4/22/2007 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I first used Idealist when it came on the market several years ago, and I have to credit it with turning my skin around. I had temperamental combo skin that was congested, blotchy and just generally sallow. After using this for a while my skin tone evened out, I had no more problems with breakouts and my skin just glowed. I stopped using it last year, because i think my skin got used to it and I have since discovered Philosophy's fantastic skincare line, which has taken my skin to a whole other level.

on 4/14/2007 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Awesome product. I love it. This product makes your skin ultra smooth and soft. It makes your face feel like silk. It gives you a health glow also. It's not oily at all. I would highly recommend this product to anyone.

on 4/5/2007 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I received a sample of this through the EL counter, the sales lady told me it would be good for oily skin. I have normal-oily skin so I gave it a try because it was a serum rather than a lotion or cream based moisturizer. I agree that it feels great on face, but after wearing for few hours, my face was became oily.

on 3/30/2007 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Unfortunately for my budget, nothing works for my oily skin like Idealist. I've tried the drug store serums but they leave my skin slightly greasy. Not idealist. It unclogs my pores, controls oil all day long, and best of all, leaves my skin as smooth as glass. It is so expensive but I cannot live without this one!

on 3/29/2007 12:37:00 PM

Eh, Nothing special..I mean it feels great on your skin but I dont think it is really doing anything special for it. Packaging is good, but I really did not see any benefits of this..UPDATE: Tried this again after pressure at the counter and again-regrettable-nothing special for me

on 3/25/2007 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I finally decided to use some of this I had received in a GWP. At first I just really liked the way it made my skin feel before applying my makeup -- which made me think if this product does nothing more than that I should look into using primers, but cheaper ones. Well, this product actually did start to make my skin look better....very quickly. I've just been using it this past week, just in the mornings, and my pores are smaller and my skin seems to be smoother and a bit less red.

My skin across my nose and cheeks was burned very badly when I was little, and my face is very, very red there and my pores are reasonably large on the apples of my cheeks and near my nose. This product has made then much smaller (like normal pores!) And the redness appears to have calmed down a bit. I think I will be repurchasing, I just hate the cost. But...I really can see a difference in my skin.

I would definitely recommend this to someone who has a real problem with large pores or red or dry skin. (Not a tiny problem.) But I would recommend trying out a sample with a GWP or sweet talk your EL sales lady into a free sample. Also, department store makeup counters tend to have good return policies...so try it and take it back if it doesn't work for your skin. (Even if the saleslady gives you problems, they'll take it back.) Definitely worth a chance though if your skin needs slightly more serious help.

(Under my pictures I've got a photo of me with no makeup from about 8 months ago and once I take off my makeup tonight, I'll add a newer no makeup picture.) continued >>

Popular Treatments (Face)