Clinique Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover eye

4.1

Water, Isohexadecane, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trisiloxane, Peg-4 Dilaurate, Lauryl Methyl Gluceth-10 Hydroxypropyldimonium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Edta, Phenoxyethanol

on 10/31/2008 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Let me preface this by saying that my eyelids seem to be on the sensitive side, and I generally can't take eye makeup removers, which explains the bulk of my low rating of this product. Like so many others, I received this as part of a GWP. My usual eye makeup remover is a combination of plain water and olive oil, since my eyelids generally get irritated with any kind of commercial remover. Unfortuntely, this makeup remover is no different - it ends up drying out and irritating my eyelids. Additionally, it is one of those half oil, half solvent removers, so it is a bit oily, and thus no better than my olive oil and water combo in terms of oiliness. OTOH, it does a great job of doing what it is supposed to do- remoe eye makeup quickly and efficiently. BUT, my olive oil and water combo is just as good as this product, and just a fraction of the price and no irritation. I am also not a fan of the childproof packaging. I don't think I will ever find a better product than just plain ole olive oil to remove my eye makeup.

on 10/27/2008 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This works well and is a fine makeup remover. It is often in the GWP satchels Clinique loves to give out so I rarely have to buy remover. (Lancome also has their remover as a GWP on a fairly regular basis).
I have no complaints. It is a decent remover and works just as well as the lancome version.

on 10/26/2008 3:47:00 PM

I originally got a 1.7 oz sample from Club Clinique, this makeup remover removes makeup very well, the only bummer for me is that $16.50 is a lot to spend on a makeup remover I seldomly use, since I don't wear eyeshadow that often and I use washable mascaras. Other than that, this is an excellent eye makeup remover (and probably lips, but I haven't wasted this on lipsticks and lip glosses). The cap is also spill proof, and child proof, like the medicine bottle caps.

on 10/21/2008 11:19:00 AM

This review is for Take The Day Off Makeup Remover for Lids, Lashes & Lips, which is packaged in a translucent purple bottle with silver safety-cap lid.

A superlative eye makeup remover that effortlessly cuts through mascara in just a few strokes with some facial cotton. Does not irritate the eyes nor does it leave a greasy finish. Leaves lashes soft and clean.

on 10/18/2008 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This product removed my water proof mascarra easily and left my lashes smother then normals!

on 10/16/2008 12:42:00 AM

Love this product. Best eye makeup remover of all the products that I have tried! Gentle but really does its work! Probbly the only product from Clinique that I will always buy!

on 10/12/2008 8:37:00 PM

I love this eye makeup remover! Its a two phase (meaning an oil in water suspension) and you have to shake up the bottle before using it but it quickly removes even tough waterproof products from eyes and lips and doesnt leave a greasy residue like the similar but cheaper Neutrogena product. It lasts a really long time even though I use it almost daily. It is fragrance free and doesnt irritate my eyes at all. I keep buying this and hope they don't change the formula ever!

on 9/30/2008 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Nice product.Removes effectively eye make up without hurting the delicate eye area.Didn't have any kind of problems with this product,works very good but I wouldn't buy this product again because I like more the make up removers that remove your entire make up from all over your face and not only from the eyes.Other than that it's a great product, actually I m very impressed mostly because removes mascara(I wear at least 4 coats daily)extremely easy!!!

on 9/23/2008 3:35:00 PM

I got this from promotion of Clinique. The only thing I can say is I never have any eye makeup remover product like this!!! The only thing can be removed by this product is your lipstick. Even my Cetaphill cleaner has better remover function than this! I will never use this again, even from the sales.

on 9/22/2008 12:24:00 PM

This stuff is literally my life saver. I always wear waterproof mascara and this is pretty much the only thing that really gets it off. I use Almay's makeup remover first to get off all that I can before using Take The Day Off (my little theory of saving money). Once I was too lazy to finish up with TTDO and I woke up with my eyes swollen! They really don't like makeup. Overall, I'm sticking to this dual-phase remover for a long time.