August 29, 2014 | 1396 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Clinique - Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2008 1:38:00 PM More reviews by sueyellowjam

This is the best makeup remover I've used, but then, I don't use that much makeup and don't have extensive experience on other makeup remover. I used water-proof mascara everyday. This can easily get off the mascara, all of it, without leaving any trace behind. I have used a few other brands before but nothing close to this one. All the others I have tried took longer to remove the mascara, and still leave some traces behind. Nevertheless, Take the Day Off is rather greasy compared to the other brands - and hence onl 4 lippie. It doesn't really bother me since a face wash normally follows the makeup removal, and the greasiness is gone after face wash.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2008 10:17:00 AM More reviews by bumba

I was looking for some remover oil, and I found it in Clinnique webpage, thinking it as a generic remover, I bought it in sephora barcelona, the price was not nice, but it was because here in Europe so much tax added for cosmetics. then I found it was an eye remover! what a pity, i used it very few time, since I dont make up so much the eyes, but compare with other brand, i have to say it is quite smooth, it doesnt cause any irritation to the eyes, and remove quite quick the makeup. also like its package. maybe will buy again but throught internet!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2008 10:44:00 PM More reviews by ginasuicide

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I always come back to this stuff. luckily one comes in just about every GWP so I havent had to buy it in forever but its by far my favorite eyemakeup remover. I shake it up and apply with my fingers and rub the makeup off gently, then remove with warm wet washcloth. i dont pour this into a cotton ball then apply, it doesnt remove the makeup as good and waste product. i can make a bottle last me forever this way.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2008 3:16:00 PM More reviews by hapapower

This is a great remover for waterproof eye m/u and long-lasting l/s shades. I am so glad this doesn't have benzylkonium chloride because I think I am allergic to that ingredient. It was so hard to find replacement eye m/u removers without that chemical...I think this is too strong for daily use, but on the weekends when I get all dolled up, this really does the trick. Doesn't irritate my eyes either.

As others have mentioned, this is very greasy and leaves a considerable film. If that gets in your eyes, be prepared for some blurry vision. But I have noticed that I can rinse off most of the oily residue when I wash my face. I always put eye drops in my eyes before I go to sleep, so that washes out the residue too.

I think this might replace Lancome Bi-Facil as my HG waterproof eye mu remover since it's effective and BC free!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2008 6:24:00 AM More reviews by milkteef

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i got this in a sample size when i bought a mascara from clinique a while back ... gets makeup off very easily (i dampen a cotton wool pad and then wipe onto desired area) although quite oily so you will want to use a babywipe or cleanser afterwards (although this is to be said / done with most makeup removers) . not sure if i would buy again , maybe from a cheaper source but it's not the most expensive out there . love the simple packaging and the colour of the bottle / liquid . not a bad smell either .

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2008 12:19:00 AM More reviews by WinkieToe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ive been trying this product for the last few days and I gotta say its pretty damn good at removing eye makeup. It removed the toughest mascara I had that my normal makeup remover had problems with. The only bad thing I could think of was that it leaves a film over my eyes which i have to blink away a few times right after I remove my eye stuff. Other than that, I love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2008 3:48:00 AM More reviews by iRahBu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great product for removing eye makeup, especially waterproof products. The packaging is great for travel, it has a cap where you need to push down and twist before it opens. It's pretty oily to me and leaves me with a greasy feeling. It's pretty expensive too. I feel that I can find a good enough if not better drugstore brand. I wouldn't buy this again though. I don't wear much eye makeup but I wear a lot of waterproof mascara and eyeliner. It doesn't really get all the mascara and eyeliner off my eye.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2008 7:09:00 PM More reviews by lady_baby_doll

This is my HG when it comes to eye makeup removal. And i do need it hardcore cuz..i wouldn't say i wear a lot of eye makeup, but what i do wear is as waterproof as it can get. I'm talking shiseido mascara base and then shiseido lasting lift mascara and then waterproof gel eyeliner, and waterproof eye pencil. You get it. Hahah. The reason i do this is cuz i wear contacts, and i tend to tear up easily, whether i'm laughing too hard or i'm crying..or whatever. I've learned that I need waterproof eye makeup in my life. And this stuff takes off everylast trace of it without irritating my eyes or ripping out all of my precious eyelashes. I just give it a shake, dip in a q tip and then apply it directly to my eyelashes and sorrounding area, and then wipe off with a cotton ball. =) Never fails. And yes, it is greasy...but I don't think that should be a problem. You are gonna wash your face afterwards with a cleanser anyway, AND better oilyness around your eyes than dryness right? Dryness = early wrinkles!! LOL =p So anyway, i have tried some department store brands. And if you guys want a comparable one, but at a cheaper price then the next best thing is...Neutrogena Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover. I dunno why they say it's oil free, cuz you can clearly see the oil floating around inside much like cliniques, but..whatever. Hahah. This one does sting the eyes, but only slightly so its very bearable. Not much difference other than that, I always go for this one if i'm low on cash. Hehe. Hope that helps!! <3

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2008 4:06:00 PM More reviews by beautifulicious

I love this eye makeup remover! first one that doesn't irritate my eyes. It's a bit expensive but so much better than Lancome Bi-Facial which isn't as effective. I don't care that it's oily because my eye are is so much more dry than the rest of my face. I love that the bottle is like one of those medicine ones so it won't spill (which is a total disaster!) love it. best makeup remover ever, even removes mascara. will purchase again when i finish it but looks like it will take a while. you only need a little on a cotton pad and everything comes off!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2008 3:53:00 PM More reviews by kaptaink

This is the only eye makeup remover i can use that does not irritate my eyes. After I use this product i rinse my eyes with water. I highly recommend.