September 15, 2014 | 1761 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2008 5:57:00 PM More reviews by newhavenite

This is one drugstore foundation that matches my skin (yellow undertones - "Buff 140"). Coverage is medium. I can't say it prevents breakouts, but like other people have said, I can't say it causes or aggravates them. I've recently found it holds up well in hot and humid weather when used with a finishing powder. It also looks natural, be it the accurate color match or the consistancy. I've been using it often because I have very combo skin and it works well with both. Also helps hide and moisturize flaking, dry skin that most makeups would augment. My only complaint would be that I'd prefer slightly more coverage and a few more hours (over 10) of wear before it needed to be reapplied. For me, it's a great daily foundation for regular activities. I have bought it again and also will in the future. :) The only reason I give it a 4/5 is because it's not The One (I'm on a search for a perfect foundation, lol), but it comes fairly close to being everything I could want.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2008 4:01:00 AM More reviews by Sleepybears

I have oily skin and tend to have a few break-outs before period :( . Last month was the worst (I have no ideas why)... I had break-outs all around my mouth and on the forehead before my period. I was sooooooo unhappy and I really wanted to use something to cover it yet it won't make it worse. I read the reviews here so I decided to give it a try. I bought the Almay Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup (Neutral) + Bonus Concealer (Light) off of ebay. It is less than $5! And I am soooo happy I did! The neutral foundation matches with my Asian skn color (my skin is not white yet not too dark) well. Although the bonus concealer is too light for me, it is good to try. Another thing is that this foundation is just like my second skin and it is not cakery at all! And I didn't break out anymore after using this. The healing concealer dries out my skin a bit though but if I just use a little bit it is fine. Actually I feel like they did help to heal my acnes a little! :)

The only downside is that my skin does get 'shiny' after a few hours, esp. under hot days. But I guess this is ok.

Also if there is Big Lots around your area, go and take a look. It was soooo surprising that I found the foundation (neutral color is the last one so I got lucky! :P) and the concealer in the Big Lots in my area. And the price is perfect! I got them both for $6! :)

*UPDATE*

After using it for a few weeks, I'd give it a 5 Star instead!!! I think it really blends in with my skin color and it has great coverage too. I still have a few pimples but I think it heals faster now and I don't think it is because of this foundation anyways. I'd say maybe it is the moisturiser I use beneath it, or it is just my occasionally digestion problem/ period. Anyways, it is absoutely my best buy!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2008 2:46:00 AM More reviews by bruinsbaby119

Well...since every liquid foundation (or ANY kind of foundation) seems to encourage a new crop of micro zits to appear attractively on my face every day I'm wearing it, I finally turned to this. It's my HG for now, solely cause I LOVE the fact that it doesn't break me out. It doesn't seem to really "treat" breakouts or anything but it sure as hell doesn't cause them! The coverage is buildable so I can put more on problem areas..plua it evens out my skin tone and looks natural. I do need to blot/touch up during the day but I have a SUPER OILY T-zone so that's a given. I have this in Honey and it suits me perfectly! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2008 1:47:00 AM More reviews by gloh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's my third day wearing this foundation so I'll do a quick review now and possibly do an update later on. I've got fairly clear skin, moderately oily (especially at the end of the day), a few clogged pores (whiteheads) close to the nose area and chin and some skin pigmentation around the cheekbones. A little goes a long way, after prepping freshly washed skin with a light moisturiser (I like gel-creams like Clinique's Moisture Surge Extra and Nivea's Aqua Sensation) I just use a light dab on the forehead, a couple on the cheeks and then chin, and blend it into my skin. It seals the skin rather seamlessly, refining the look of my pores and evening out slight redness in certain areas. To problem areas like my chin where I currently have a zit that's slightly red, I use my fingertip to dab on a couple more layers of foundation instead of concealer and it seems to do the trick pretty well. Since I've used this foundation, it seems to be working well on the zit, making it a little smaller and it hurts less so I think it's healing. It imparts a natural matte finish on the skin, and I do think it can be layered up more for increased coverage and a matter look. So far I've not ended up with an oil-slick for a face at the end of my working day, which I tend to get with numerous other foundations. A natural sheen comes through and it just looks like I'm not wearing any makeup. I am asian, have medium toned skin and wear Chanel's Teint Control Extreme in 60 Beige Extreme, MAC Face and Body foundation in C5, MAC Select Sheer powder in NC30, Estee Lauder Double Wear in Tawny 37, Revlon's Colourstay Natural in Natural Tan 09, and Almay's Honey suits me perfectly well. The packaging is a bit fiddly, though as long as you keep it upright and be careful when you tip the foundation out (and wipe away excess at the opening), it shouldn't really be a problem.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2008 2:25:00 AM More reviews by pineappleaftermath

Overall I really like this product. It doesn't break me out, even after wearing it all day and even to the gym!
The only downside - sometimes I have trouble blending it into my skin. It can get a little streaky from time to time.
This foundation is a little sheer, so I finish it with Physician's Formula mineral wear loose powder - together the coverage is excellent.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2008 2:46:00 PM More reviews by Twoylight

I am on Tazorac and I have found that since using this product my face has become extremely oily. I had been using Lancome Color Ideal for several years (since it came out as Color I.D.) and it has always been a great foundation for me. Great color match, flawless coverage...However, since the Taz, it seems that Color Ideal doesn't do well with the excess oil and made my face look orangey. I would have shine an hour after application. After reading the reviews on here, I decided to try this version of Almay. The way this foundation controls oil is unbelievable. I just put it to the ultimate test yesterday when I went to Disney in FL all day and even with all that humidity, my face WASN'T SHINY! I didn't have to touch up once! It lasted all day! Wow! If you have oily skin, you MUST try this foundation! I am so glad that I did.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2008 11:00:00 PM More reviews by silken_swan_love

Not matte enough for my taste, coverage is sheer, color selection is okay.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2008 11:31:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

I like this makeup because it is very natural looking and light. The colour 'Sand' is a good match for my NC 25ish skintone. I don't find it orangy nor pinkish. It's a good yellow-based makeup. Application is easy and smooth (i use a foundation brush). It evens out my skintone beautifully making it look like myself but much much better! It is a natural and lightweight makeup, so it does not provide full coverage, therefore, the pimples are still visible but the redness is disappeared. It does cover acne scars though which is good. What I don't like about this foundation is the bottle. I find it very unhygienic as its an open mouth bottle..a pump dispenser would be nice. Overall a superior quality drugstore foundation! Did you also know that Almay does NOT test on animals and it's non-comedogenic? EDIT: I prefer Chanel foundations.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2008 5:45:00 PM More reviews by erinfashionista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this because I had run out of Lancome Teint Idole, and needed something in the meantime. I also thought I could downgrade my makeup, since Teint Idole is 3x the price of CCBHM. Well, I bought this in the second lightest shade, and it was the right color for my skintone, but there are a few things I don't like about this makeup:
1. The coverage wasn't good at all. And when I tried adding more coverage, the makeup would just sit on my skin, and it wouldn't blend.
2. For some reason, this makeup just didn't make my face look better. I looked kind of pasty and severe whenever I had it on, even though my skin tone is light.
3. The bottle is poorly designed. The square cap never seemed to twist back onto the bottle right. It always looked crooked. It's just a bad bottle design overall.

I didn't like the feel of this makeup either! It always felt heavy. I have sensitive skin, and it burned on a few occasions when I put it on. I don't think it really did much for my skin either. For $10 a bottle, it's just not worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2008 2:24:00 AM More reviews by Jessica84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this foundation for quite sometime because I couldn't find anything else that I really liked.

Pros: controls oil ok, not great though, doesn't make me break out any worse than I normally do, colors are pretty good, stays on good.
Cons: accentuated my pores, doesn't look very natural, doesn't have enough coverage for my acne mark covered skin

If you have normal skin then this make-up would probably work just fine. I'm hooked on Origins reflection perfection, it's much much better!!!!!