December 22, 2014 | 1806 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Naked Lunch

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2008 11:38:00 PM More reviews by utopiancity

Love it. My friend uses it everyday and it just looks finished but natural. And I'm a huge fan of the natural look. Just not too much else it turns out to be overly shimmery.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2008 6:42:00 AM More reviews by na8i

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Naked Lunch is one of the top sellers in the US, which I can easily understand. The color is a light shimmery neutral beige with a slight hint of pink. Actually, I can barely see the difference when comparing it to Shroom, and that is why I am only giving it four lippies, I prefer Shroom a bit more because it feels smoother and more buttery. If you prefer minimalism, you do not need both of these shadows. I would probably buy again, though, because it looks pretty next to Nocturnelle.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2008 11:56:00 PM More reviews by tracy1031

this is okay, much prefer clinique daybreak over this though

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2008 9:44:00 AM More reviews by SlowRnB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Good basic light wash for a casual day. I usually wear Naked Lunch to work with a tiny bit of Mulch in the crease for definition. It brightens up my eye area and makes my dark circles look minimal. Usually frosty light shadows make me look washed out, but Naked Lunch has just enough warm tones in it to meld into my lids and just appear glowy and natural.

I like it. Only took off a lippie because it isn't phenomenal or anything.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2008 11:09:00 AM More reviews by envime

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love Naked Lunch. This and Shroom are my HG highlighters. Naked Lunch also looks great as an all over wash on days when you want a more refined look. Pairs well with any color. Very similar to Shroom but a bit more shimmery and champagne in color, and has a bit more color pay-off in my opinion.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/1/2008 10:04:00 PM More reviews by aqualeah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's too similar to my shroom. Plus, I have ALL these random eyeshadows from Smashbox, Stila, among others, that look identical to Naked Lunch.
I mean, why spend the money on this mediocre color, when you could buy a more unique, stand-out color (like brights).

If you don't already have a color (from any brand) that looks like this, I suggest you purchase a less expensive drugstore brand, because the color is mainly used as a highlighter.

OR, BETTER YET : for $5 more, you could buy a pigment of the same color. They're of better quality and quantity!

Hope this helps, :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2008 10:23:00 AM More reviews by fatbottmdgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was browsing through my reviews and noticed I had not reviewed my all time, number one, MAC HG eyeshadow! How could I neglect my beloved Naked Lunch!?!?!? I have been thru at least 3 of these. It is my "go to" shadow. I use this as a color wash on "casual" days when I just want a little color on my lids. Then I use it as a highlighter with other colors, this goes beautifully with all my taupes and browns. It is a beigey/peachy color which works so well on me. I can't remember when I got my first one, only that I have loved it for many years and the one I have all have "pan" showing in them (I think I have 2-3 floating in the stash right now). This is the usual $13.50/14.00 for a MAC single. It is like Shroom and Phloof, just one of those shadows you "need" to have because it play so well with others.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2008 9:50:00 AM More reviews by equestrian6791

I use this color as my highlighter for my eyes. I put it under my eyebrows, in the tear ducts, and sometimes as a base for my other shadow if I want to tone down the color. I really like it - can use it in many ways. Will repurchase and recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2008 8:43:00 AM More reviews by LisaNewYork

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The perfect shimmery neutral, looks perfect along side my HG Satin Taupe, or when I want a lighter color in general. So pretty, I just love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2008 4:04:00 PM More reviews by stealthominator

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i just bought this today to use as a highlight (east indian, brown eyes) and i find it to be much more flattering on my skintone than shroom. i think it will be an essential part of any eye look to lift the brow bone and highlight the inner corner of the eye.

fyi, i also learned a neat trick to remedy what happened to kimperpoo's (see below post...) pan of shadow - just take a clean mascara brush (like the ones they have at makeup counters to test mascara) and rub the top surface off to reveal a fresh layer of shadow. you'll lose a thin layer of product but at least you'll be able to use it again! :)