April 20, 2014 | 1585 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Naked Lunch

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2008 4:04:00 PM More reviews by stealthominator

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i just bought this today to use as a highlight (east indian, brown eyes) and i find it to be much more flattering on my skintone than shroom. i think it will be an essential part of any eye look to lift the brow bone and highlight the inner corner of the eye.

fyi, i also learned a neat trick to remedy what happened to kimperpoo's (see below post...) pan of shadow - just take a clean mascara brush (like the ones they have at makeup counters to test mascara) and rub the top surface off to reveal a fresh layer of shadow. you'll lose a thin layer of product but at least you'll be able to use it again! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2008 1:22:00 PM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Edited: If you would like this color to go on and show up a lot, you need a 242 or 252 or another flat, synthetic brush to put this shadow on. Using a 217 or another natural, fluffy brush will not deposit a lot of color, but this application is great for a light lid to browbone color deposit. It just gives also a soft, natural glow. This color is similar to Stila's Kitten, but the finish is very different. This is GLOWLY, Kitten is FROSTY. You can't put Kitten lid to brow or you look like a disco ball! If you pair Naked Lunch with Wedge or Soft Brown in the crease it makes a great everyday sculpted eye on someone NC40/NW25 or lighter.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2008 10:06:00 PM More reviews by krw134

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Picked up Naked Lunch about a week ago after reading all the raves about it. I've used it as a wash and I can barely tell that anything is there. It does make my eye area looks a little brighter, but color-wise it's very close to my skin color. I've also paired it with Satin Taupe and WOW - gorgeous! I can see this being a staple in my makeup bag & would definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2008 10:13:00 AM More reviews by kimberpoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Although I love the color, the quality is aful! I normally use this with shroom as my base color and highlighter. I adore shroom, but after about ten uses naked lunch got this....film...over the shadow in the pan. like how it hardens when you use a shadow wet. eww. I had this problem with only one of my other shadows, and it was a cheap cover girl color. it is like someone with dirty, oily fingers has been using it for a year, and packed down the shadow and made it hard. keep in mind that I bought shroom at the same time as this shadow and use it in the exact same manner as naked lunch every time I use the naked lunch, so it is this particular shadow that is the problem. Too bad, because the color is fantastic as a base. Oh well!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2008 10:48:00 AM More reviews by lisaf6501

I first used this product last Christmas, when I was home visiting my family. My sister had this eye shadow, and it looked pretty, so I tried it out. It's amazing as a shimmery wash for PPPs (which I am in winter). It's a perfect light champagne, with the color falling somewhere between Shroom and Jest. Now that it's summer and I self-tan, I prefer Jest a little bit more because it's slightly more pigmented. I will never be without Naked Lunch though. Perfect in fall and winter for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2008 2:02:00 PM More reviews by foxykitty25

for me this is really nothing special. in the pan it looks shimmery peachy beige. i feel in love with it when i swatched it on my hand but on my eyelids it looks very similar to my shroom. both works same as a highlighter and as an overall wash but for some reason naked lunch creases so much compared to shroom and i find it hard to spread. i'm putting mine up for a swap. i dont really need this.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2008 11:31:00 AM More reviews by antelopes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I use this product almost every day. I use it as a highlighter under my brows, and in the tearduct and it just brightens up my eye. It's described as 'Minimal pink with shimmer' and I think that's the perfect description. I can see the pink in the pan but when worn it's quite hard to see, though still there. It blends in nicely with my skin (NW30) and reflects the light well. I'll definitely be buying this one again when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2008 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Katie5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Naked lunch is one of my favourite eyeshadows. I am fair skinned with blonde hair and blue eyes, and it looks very subtle on me. It is perfect for 'no make-up make-up' days, because when worn alone it really just adds a hint of pink and a lovely bit of sparkle, which makes my eyes look huge and brings out the blue in them. Lately I have been layering retrospeck over the top for a subtle pinkish-gold look, but naked lunch also looks great with satin taupe in the crease and a chocolate brown liner.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2008 2:15:00 PM More reviews by Luv_MAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great all over wash or highlighter for me. I am NW15 or lighter in the winter. It shows up on me as a light shimmery pinky beige. It brightens up my eyes on those days when I don't have time for a full makeup routine.I sometimes blend this with jete or mytology to get a perfect peachy pink.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2008 5:04:00 AM More reviews by abbazabba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was introduced to me as a highlighter but I found this works better as an all over lid color on my NC30 skin. It's pretty shiny and beige-ish golden color