September 18, 2014 | 2171 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Naked Lunch

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2008 9:44:00 AM More reviews by SlowRnB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Good basic light wash for a casual day. I usually wear Naked Lunch to work with a tiny bit of Mulch in the crease for definition. It brightens up my eye area and makes my dark circles look minimal. Usually frosty light shadows make me look washed out, but Naked Lunch has just enough warm tones in it to meld into my lids and just appear glowy and natural.

I like it. Only took off a lippie because it isn't phenomenal or anything.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2008 11:09:00 AM More reviews by envime

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love Naked Lunch. This and Shroom are my HG highlighters. Naked Lunch also looks great as an all over wash on days when you want a more refined look. Pairs well with any color. Very similar to Shroom but a bit more shimmery and champagne in color, and has a bit more color pay-off in my opinion.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/1/2008 10:04:00 PM More reviews by aqualeah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's too similar to my shroom. Plus, I have ALL these random eyeshadows from Smashbox, Stila, among others, that look identical to Naked Lunch.
I mean, why spend the money on this mediocre color, when you could buy a more unique, stand-out color (like brights).

If you don't already have a color (from any brand) that looks like this, I suggest you purchase a less expensive drugstore brand, because the color is mainly used as a highlighter.

OR, BETTER YET : for $5 more, you could buy a pigment of the same color. They're of better quality and quantity!

Hope this helps, :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2008 10:23:00 AM More reviews by fatbottmdgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was browsing through my reviews and noticed I had not reviewed my all time, number one, MAC HG eyeshadow! How could I neglect my beloved Naked Lunch!?!?!? I have been thru at least 3 of these. It is my "go to" shadow. I use this as a color wash on "casual" days when I just want a little color on my lids. Then I use it as a highlighter with other colors, this goes beautifully with all my taupes and browns. It is a beigey/peachy color which works so well on me. I can't remember when I got my first one, only that I have loved it for many years and the one I have all have "pan" showing in them (I think I have 2-3 floating in the stash right now). This is the usual $13.50/14.00 for a MAC single. It is like Shroom and Phloof, just one of those shadows you "need" to have because it play so well with others.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2008 9:50:00 AM More reviews by equestrian6791

I use this color as my highlighter for my eyes. I put it under my eyebrows, in the tear ducts, and sometimes as a base for my other shadow if I want to tone down the color. I really like it - can use it in many ways. Will repurchase and recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2008 8:43:00 AM More reviews by LisaNewYork

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The perfect shimmery neutral, looks perfect along side my HG Satin Taupe, or when I want a lighter color in general. So pretty, I just love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2008 4:04:00 PM More reviews by stealthominator

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i just bought this today to use as a highlight (east indian, brown eyes) and i find it to be much more flattering on my skintone than shroom. i think it will be an essential part of any eye look to lift the brow bone and highlight the inner corner of the eye.

fyi, i also learned a neat trick to remedy what happened to kimperpoo's (see below post...) pan of shadow - just take a clean mascara brush (like the ones they have at makeup counters to test mascara) and rub the top surface off to reveal a fresh layer of shadow. you'll lose a thin layer of product but at least you'll be able to use it again! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2008 1:22:00 PM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Edited: If you would like this color to go on and show up a lot, you need a 242 or 252 or another flat, synthetic brush to put this shadow on. Using a 217 or another natural, fluffy brush will not deposit a lot of color, but this application is great for a light lid to browbone color deposit. It just gives also a soft, natural glow. This color is similar to Stila's Kitten, but the finish is very different. This is GLOWLY, Kitten is FROSTY. You can't put Kitten lid to brow or you look like a disco ball! If you pair Naked Lunch with Wedge or Soft Brown in the crease it makes a great everyday sculpted eye on someone NC40/NW25 or lighter.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2008 10:06:00 PM More reviews by krw134

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Picked up Naked Lunch about a week ago after reading all the raves about it. I've used it as a wash and I can barely tell that anything is there. It does make my eye area looks a little brighter, but color-wise it's very close to my skin color. I've also paired it with Satin Taupe and WOW - gorgeous! I can see this being a staple in my makeup bag & would definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2008 10:13:00 AM More reviews by kimberpoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Although I love the color, the quality is aful! I normally use this with shroom as my base color and highlighter. I adore shroom, but after about ten uses naked lunch got this....film...over the shadow in the pan. like how it hardens when you use a shadow wet. eww. I had this problem with only one of my other shadows, and it was a cheap cover girl color. it is like someone with dirty, oily fingers has been using it for a year, and packed down the shadow and made it hard. keep in mind that I bought shroom at the same time as this shadow and use it in the exact same manner as naked lunch every time I use the naked lunch, so it is this particular shadow that is the problem. Too bad, because the color is fantastic as a base. Oh well!