Noxzema Original Skin Cream

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Water , Stearic Acid , Linseed Oil , Soybean Oil , Fragrance , Ammonium Hydroxide , Camphor , Menthol , Eucalyptus Oil , Propylene Glycol , Gelatin , Calcium Hydroxide

on 6/11/2008 1:01:00 AM

I can never find the bottle with the pump since its always sold out at my nearest target and walmart so i use the tub. but regardless i've been using this product for 3 years take or add a year and it does wonders

Generally i like to switch things up and use different products so for about a year i used different products and it just wasn't the same. I would get these huge pimples that wouldn't go away and my face started to have discolorations. So i got absolutely sick of it and walked down the aisle i've grown to know so well and there it was in its Blue bottle sitting there staring back at me. Forgetting that i was going to go try the biore products but this time i grabed the blue noxzema bottle and bought it. About a couple of weeks later my skin was all cleared and the discolorations faded (thanks to the help of bio oil)

though i do get little pimples, its usually from me forgetting to wash my face after a long day and sleeping with my heavy make up on from work or its just that time of the month and im stressed out. anyways, i love love love this product its something i must always have :)

to be honest with you, i have never used this on my face. my skin is very reactive, and i'm afraid of having a full-face rash, but i will tell you what...i have severe keratosis pilaris and eczema (both of those are very, very, very dry skin that no lotion would ever help) on my upper arms and elbows, and after the VERY FIRST TIME i used this, they were both severely reduced. i have only been using it for 2 days, but i was so impressed i just had to jump in and write a review. the smell bothers me a little bit, but if it's going to clear this BS up (after having both conditions for 12 years!!) i will deal with it. and the cream is pretty fun to take out of the tub...hehehe.

on 6/7/2008 4:31:00 PM

This really did nothing for my skin and the ingredients(menthol,camphor,etc) are irritating.I could still smell this on my skin after i wash it off which is annoying. I cant believe they still make this! There are A LOT of better cleansers out there. This is CRAP!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have to put my 2 cents in, as well. My soon-to-be 90 year old mother has used this cream since she was 15 years old. I know a lot of people who would kill for her skin! It is truly soft, smooth, and just plain beautiful. She has MAYBE 3 small wrinkles. She has been every-single-day-faithful, morning and night. Peaches and cream describes her skin so well, too. I've given it 4 stars because I personally find it awfully greasy on my face, but, hey, I guess I should have gotten used to that 45 years ago when I was 15!! Let's all hate her collectively!! continued >>

I used to use this back in the day but it never really did anything for me.

However, today me and my grandma were talking, and she is 85 yrs old and has the most gorgeous skin, its a true peaches and cream tone that glows and she has very little wrinkles.

I asked her what she used on her face and she told me she's always used Jergens on her face, and used Noxzema. She has the prettiest complexion of anyone I've ever seen, specially at that age.

I would buy again just for nostalgia factor.

on 5/22/2008 10:04:00 AM

I used noxzema in my high school years and I love the minty, cool feeling. It is so refreshing, especially in the morning when I put it on my face and stand next to my bedroom window and the breeze blew on my face, it felt soo nice. I stop using it for about 5 years now because I like to experience with other products out there, but now I'm considering on buying it again just to use it on days where I go out too long in the sun and come home and wants to use that just to feel refreshed. 1 lippy off because after using it, during the days, my face gets a little bit shiny, but that could be because of my teen years I have somewhat oily skin. Now my skin is just soo dry.

on 4/11/2008 10:51:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I used to use Noxzema in high school, but I found it left me "shiny" the next day. I still use Noxzema though for relief from sunburns. When I was a teenager, the label on the jar used to list relief for sunburned skin as one of its uses. It's no longer listed on the label, but it really does cool off sunburned skin and relieve the pain. I think it's the camphor.

I too bought this for the nostalgia factor, and now I remember why I quit using this stuff a long time ago. My face just doesn't feel clean after I wash with this. I've tried using it both ways-on a dry face and a wet face-and my face still feels like there's a greasy layer, despite my toner and cotton ball telling me it's clean afterward. Also, it can be hard to scoop out of the tub. I had even forgotten how strong the smell is. Smells exactly like Vicks Vaporub! In fact, I just might keep this around to clear my sinuses!

on 4/5/2008 10:18:00 AM

I was craving the scent of this stuff one day, so I ran to target... I got this and a store-brand knock-off of Oil of Olay regenerest... between that and the nox, my skin did a 180... it cleared up my break-outs and I since I started, if I noticed a bump, it seemed to never develop and be gone within the day... can't explain it, but I have new skin now. Prob wont work for everyone, but it did for me.

on 3/31/2008 2:09:00 PM

Well I have to say I was a Noxema user for years and then I switched to Clean and Clear. I like it better....the smell is so much better than Noxema too with great results.