July 24, 2014 | 2125 users online

Cleansers - Noxzema - Original Skin Cream

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2008 1:17:00 PM More reviews by SouperGirl

I am completely thrilled with this product. It cleared up my very persistent acne in no time at all! Honestly, searching for acne cures was almost like a hobby for me in highschool. I was obsessed and spent tons of $$ but nothing worked. I've tried everything from Proactiv (and all the generic versions), Benzol Peroxide, Prescription Benzaclin and Tazorac, Natures Cure, glycerin, witch hazel, jojoba oil-- just everything! Now my skin is smooth and unbelievably soft. I bought the full sized version for $3.49 at target and they have travel/sample size jars for less than $2. I'm so glad I tried this (along with MaMa lotion). It's truly a miracle for me. UPDATE: My skin seems to have gotten used to this and the general effect is lost. Maybe if I give it a rest eventually I can return to it. I'm dropping its score from a 5 to a 3.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2008 12:00:00 PM More reviews by lawrencecyn

After about 8 years of dealing with horrible skin (comedones, bumpy skin, acne breakouts), I gave up all of the expensive, over-rated products about 6 months ago and chose to go with a combo of original Noxzema cream and Dickinson's Witch Hazel....My skin has cleared up dramatically!!! I still can't believe it when I look in the mirror. I never thought that I could have great skin tone and no break outs!!!

My mother has always used Noxzema, I don't know why I didn't just follow in her footsteps. I spent lots of cash on trips to the esthetician and expensive products like Environ. My skin never got better, only got worse (especially with Environ products).

Now, I wash with Noxzema am and pm and follow with Dickinson's witch hazel. I also recently started using the aspirin mask....awesome!! I need exfoliation so the aspirin mask is great or just lemon juice works great, too!

I definitely recommend Noxzema...the original in the tub because it doesn't have alcohol. One great thing is that it has linseed oil....aka flaxseed oil...and if you don't know about the great health benefits of flaxseed oil, you should definitely investigate...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2008 8:14:00 PM More reviews by Lexieberry

Okay--I have a love-hate relationship with this product...but I'm leaning more towards the love....I have combination slightly acne-prone skin with the typical hormonal breakouts around my chin and t-zone areas occasionally. My acne has never been cystic or unbearable*knock on wood* but my goal has always been to have skin where I feel confident running errands around town with minimal or no makeup...I have used every cleanser, toner, antibiotic, Rx gel/cream, bcp, and the list goes on and on- to fight the acne battle...Noxzema original skin cream cleanser has been the only product that does not irritate my skin and lead to more breakouts...in fact, my face is clearer than it has ever been....My face feels healthier and refreshed after washing....I credit the menthol, camphor and eucalyptus in giving the tingling and relaxing sensations while washing...

Now why the hate? Well, first off, the cream never gets off my makeup entirely!! I have to always use a washcloth to rub gently to get as much m/u as possible off, and when I use my toner ( I use the triple-clean pads)--there is still some left!! :O
Also, Noxzemas packaging is not too hot--Do not like the tub...it accumulates water no matter how far I put it in the shower...and this leads to a change in consistency and texture of the product. And also, I have noticed that one tubs texture can vary from anothers....like for instance, one tub of this cleanser will have a very rich, smooth consistency, where another will be grittier and runnier....but either way--I will be repurchasing as I have found my HG daily cleanser and all for under $4... It is funny how the things that can help your skin the most are right there in front of your for so long... : )

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2008 1:02:00 PM More reviews by XMakeUpArtist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After soo many years of expensve and cheap cleaners, I found this is to be the Holy Grail of Cheap, effective cleansers. Only $4 and my skin would really be cleaned of foundation, powder, blush and mascara! I love the way it tingles after a minute or two...the best thing is to put it on the face directly...massage like crazy...and when tingling gets too much, to rinse off with warm water and with wash cloth. I recommend a toner too to get anything this didn't take off. Also, my skin cleared up using this...perhaps because my previous $25 dollar Shiseido cleanser was a piece of worthless crap.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2008 3:35:00 PM More reviews by Xiate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I found this page because I was searching for directions of how to use this product. I use the tiny pots which I bought in bulk cheaply years ago - they have the ingredients on the side, but nowhere does it say what the product is actually FOR. I have been using as a moisturizer and I was suspitious all of a sudden of it being a cold cream like the other Noxzema product, the Deep Cleanser. Needless ot say, I found out it was.

And I will never use it as one.

I LOVE this product. I've been using it as a corrective moisturizer for years and years. Leaving it on my skin prevents blemishes, it tingles, it firms and it pales. The menthol plumps my lips. It treats the rough, sore, and red skin when you're ill and blow you nose a lot. It cures cold sores and puffy eyes. I use it after exfoliation. It causes my pores to shrink.

I use it as a eye primer, that thin film keeps eyeshadow last. I mix it in with my lancome ID foundation to make a tint. I layer it under my smashbox photofinish for a clean, everyday complexion without foundation.

I put some on a toothbrush and buff my lips.

After my bodyshop teatree oil mudmask (which is impossibly drying but worth it) I slather this stuff on my face to put the Ph balance back to where it should be.

It is INDISPENSIBLE.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2008 6:20:00 PM More reviews by qkchan

This wasn't a staple of mine as a teenager. I don't remember what I used when I was a teenager but I wish it was Nox. I was skeptical when I began to use it b/c I was using it wrong and it didn't clean off all of my makeup. I put it on after I splashed my face w/ water but the best way is to apply it straight onto dry skin and massage it in circular strokes and then clean it off with a warm or hot washcloth. I like to let the washcloth sit on my face for a bit to let the heat sink in before I clean off and I also use the washcloth to exfoliate my skin while I'm washing my face. It leaves my skin feeling soft, not tight and dry. I still like to follow up w/ a little bit of olive oil to moisturize my skin though. Yes, the kind from my pantry.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2007 3:20:00 AM More reviews by cccinnamonlips

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The classic cleanser. Leaves your skin tingly-cool, cleansed, and just the way nature intended it. O wonderful chemical-mint smell I've come to love, never leave me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2007 10:51:00 PM More reviews by MrsChaplin

i love this brand, i have sensitive skin and this stuff keeps my face fresh and clean.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2007 6:27:00 PM More reviews by missstarlight

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'll jot down my teenage experience with this cleanser, as its been many years since I've used it. As I recall, this really helped with my case of acne. I didn't really have a face "routine" like I do now, so I only used it maybe a few times a week and yet still noticed improvement. I also liked the tingly, refreshing sensation it gave. When I started wearing cosmetics though, I moved on to more girly-girl cleansers with more moisturizing action. Gets four stickeys for good memories.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2007 2:09:00 PM More reviews by nanshi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I LOVE the way this tingles and go on my face, but when I used it yesterday, it got NONE of my concealer (MAC Select Cover-Up) off. took a few more rounds with toner to clean my face. Since it's oil-based, I thought it would be a good makeup-remover and that's why I persisted in keeping it around. No go there. It might work for lighter makeups like mineral makeup or light-medium coverage, but for the heavy coverage that comes with my MAC concealer... this just doesn't cut it. I can get small sample trial jars, so no big deal when I just want something soothing and cooling. Eh... also leaves a slightly waxy layer. There's better cleansers out there for a better price.