October 26, 2014 | 1669 users online

Cleansers - Noxzema - Original Skin Cream

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2008 10:18:00 AM More reviews by TAKEN826

I was craving the scent of this stuff one day, so I ran to target... I got this and a store-brand knock-off of Oil of Olay regenerest... between that and the nox, my skin did a 180... it cleared up my break-outs and I since I started, if I noticed a bump, it seemed to never develop and be gone within the day... can't explain it, but I have new skin now. Prob wont work for everyone, but it did for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2008 2:09:00 PM More reviews by angels2919

Well I have to say I was a Noxema user for years and then I switched to Clean and Clear. I like it better....the smell is so much better than Noxema too with great results.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2008 1:57:00 PM More reviews by sweeterindawn

I used this for years when I had nice skin and it was my standby. But, oddly, when I turned 29, my skin went crazy and it hasn't helped the acne at all. I think it does a great job of removing makeup. My husband detested the smell, though. A nice cheap product if you're not acne ridden like myself.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2008 4:58:00 AM More reviews by Lyrics

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

At first this was ok, but a week into using this my skin has broken out horribly! I was really hoping that this would work, because I liked the nice tingle on my face, and I liked the idea of wiping it off, rather than rinsing it off. Sadly, this will be going into the bin!!
I am using black soap now for damage control!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2008 4:05:00 AM More reviews by Lyrics

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am using black soap now for damage control!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2008 9:56:00 AM More reviews by sunshine824

Edited 4/6/09 - I forgot to update - After a few months of using this my skin became kinda dull and my pores got clogged. I've been using Clinique 3 step for over 6 months now pretty successfully. I've considered trying the Noxzema again, but adding a toner afterwards. I'll probably updater for a 3rd time if I do. I'm only going to remove a couple of lippies because I still really liked it and if I could figure out how to use it so my skin stayed as great as it did the first few weeks I used it, I would use it again.

Original review:
I am shocked. SHOCKED I tell you! I have *very* confused combination skin - super oily t-zone, dry everywhere else, and acne prone - especially in the drier areas!(makes no sense to me either) I've been trying many different gel and foaming facial cleansers, some medicated, some sensitive, all made my skin look taut and dry along with making the oily areas oilier, and the dry areas drier. I was on the verge of heading back to dermatologist when I decided to give this another try.

I'd used it before, but was using it "wrong." I was mixing it with water like you do gels, foams, and soaps. But the trick to this is to massage it into dry skin with dry hands for a few minutes. It tingles lightly, never burns or irritates. Then I remove the bulk of it with tissue or paper towel and then wipe with a warm, wet washcloth several times to exfoliate and remove excess debris and dead skin.

Since I've been using this, my skin has been looking "NORMAL" for the first time, probably since I was a child. You know how other people with "good" skin have facial skin that looks even, not dry or extra oily/shiny, and healthy so that it matches the skin on other parts of their body? That's how my skin looks now! I still have an oily t-zone but not like an oil slick anymore and the dry areas are less dry. My skin just looks more balanced and one area blends in with every other area on my face. It seems to be dissolving the oil in my pores as they are clearer and less clogged, instead of removing all the oil(and moisture) from my face while leaving my pores clogged and causing them to produce even MORE oil like gels & foams.

I can't say enough good things about this product. I realize some people have bad experiences with this as I've had with many other products, but so far, so wonderful!

Would definitely repurchase and recommend to anyone who asks. :-)

P.S. For the record I've used: Neutrogena, Purpose, Olay, Johnson's Baby wash, Dove, Clearasil, Cetaphil, and others I can't remember. Noxzema is the only one to balance out my skin.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2008 4:52:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

This used to be my holy grail cleanser back in the day! Now, it is just plain irritating to my skin and I can't even deal with the smell at all!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2008 9:20:00 PM More reviews by AliceF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

My inability to leave the drugstore without buying anything led me to pick this up a few months ago. Like everyone else, I'd used it in high school, but I didn't have acne and so just enjoyed the tingles and shine mattifying abilities.

What I love about it now are the skin toning and smoothing aspects. I'm 33, with dry- combination skin, slight freckles and sun spots that probably only I see. I use it in the morning as a cleanser, applying dry and smoothing in circles, washing off with a warm wash cloth. I follow this with Clinique toner, serum, eye cream and moisturizer. At night I use it to take off my make up again applying dry and rubbing in circles and washing off wish and warm cloth. Repeat that same routine! And sometimes after a mask I treat myself to a Noxema mask: 5 minutes with Noxema on, followed by toner. On occasion, if I am extra tired and my eyelids are puffy I will add an thin layer of Noxema onto my eyelids and they will go down instantly.

I won't stop buying it again and I feel like I have rediscovered a miracle product. I was using Life Brand Exfoliating Toweliettes, which I loved, but I find myself going through the Noxema ritual much, much more.

Edit: April 08. I'm not sure this is working for me or against me. I haven't been exfoliating as much since I started using this as a cleanser and my skin has become drier and I have rough patches underneath my eyes/top of my cheeks. I think I am reacting to the menthol. My skin has never looked so bad! Also, it stings that area when I cleanse. I'm thinking about switching to Ponds Cold Cream and resuming an exfoliating routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2008 1:17:00 PM More reviews by SouperGirl

I am completely thrilled with this product. It cleared up my very persistent acne in no time at all! Honestly, searching for acne cures was almost like a hobby for me in highschool. I was obsessed and spent tons of $$ but nothing worked. I've tried everything from Proactiv (and all the generic versions), Benzol Peroxide, Prescription Benzaclin and Tazorac, Natures Cure, glycerin, witch hazel, jojoba oil-- just everything! Now my skin is smooth and unbelievably soft. I bought the full sized version for $3.49 at target and they have travel/sample size jars for less than $2. I'm so glad I tried this (along with MaMa lotion). It's truly a miracle for me. UPDATE: My skin seems to have gotten used to this and the general effect is lost. Maybe if I give it a rest eventually I can return to it. I'm dropping its score from a 5 to a 3.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2008 12:00:00 PM More reviews by lawrencecyn

After about 8 years of dealing with horrible skin (comedones, bumpy skin, acne breakouts), I gave up all of the expensive, over-rated products about 6 months ago and chose to go with a combo of original Noxzema cream and Dickinson's Witch Hazel....My skin has cleared up dramatically!!! I still can't believe it when I look in the mirror. I never thought that I could have great skin tone and no break outs!!!

My mother has always used Noxzema, I don't know why I didn't just follow in her footsteps. I spent lots of cash on trips to the esthetician and expensive products like Environ. My skin never got better, only got worse (especially with Environ products).

Now, I wash with Noxzema am and pm and follow with Dickinson's witch hazel. I also recently started using the aspirin mask....awesome!! I need exfoliation so the aspirin mask is great or just lemon juice works great, too!

I definitely recommend Noxzema...the original in the tub because it doesn't have alcohol. One great thing is that it has linseed oil....aka flaxseed oil...and if you don't know about the great health benefits of flaxseed oil, you should definitely investigate...