April 17, 2014 | 1804 users online

Cleansers - Noxzema - Original Skin Cream

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2007 6:39:00 PM More reviews by ashley382

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I hated this face wash. I have really oily skin and after I washed my face my skin still felt greasy and dirty. My skin looked really dull and I broke out on my chin.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2007 9:04:00 PM More reviews by Rayaeve

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my spring/summer cleanser. I love how simple this is. It doesn't dry my skin at all so no moisturizer! It doesn't leave a film behind and it cleans. Unfortunately I have to be really dedicated to my routine. Feeling lazy could lead to some bad skin (my other cleansers let me get away with this). I love the price, I love how "simple" it is (no high-tech stuff), and it works.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2007 10:20:00 PM More reviews by moblinger

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used Noxzema as a teenager with troubled skin, hoping that it would solve all of my acne problems. Well, it didn't. I really needed a dermatologist and a few prescriptions. For years afterward, I would shop in the drugstore for facial cleansers and turn my nose up at the blue jars of Noxzema. Recently, after over a decade, I have had a change of heart. I purchased a jar of Noxzema on a whim and started using it as a makeup remover. I love it! I swipe some on, wipe my face thoroughly with a warm, wet washcloth, and magically all my makeup is gone. I follow up with a gentle gel facial cleanser to remove any residue. I can say that using Noxzema as opposed to just washing with my normal cleanser (and expecting it to remove my makeup) has resulted in having a cleaner face and better complexion.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2007 3:21:00 AM More reviews by goddessintraining

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to use and love this but it just really is awful stuff. I used it very happily and successfully in my teens, but my recent trip down memory lane just left my skin looking kind of crepey and waxy...I noticed my complexion starting to go down hill after using it for only 4 days and nights. I gave it another shot after reading some reviews and used a face cloth to get it off in hopes that would help - no luck. I still love the smell though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2007 12:31:00 PM More reviews by classygirl

I have very, very combo skin. I'm in my 30's, so my skin is starting to "age" a bit. It's very fickle. I have large pores and CAN have oily skin, but for the most part, it's dry and flaky. I decided to go back to Noxema bc I used it years ago and loved it. I used a whole bottle. I had the pump version. It started out lovely. It moisturized my skin while cleaning it really well. My cheeks would feel tight, but not overly. Yet, it left my skin non greasy whereas, Cetaphil can. So, everything was great. Then it exacerbated my eczema. I only have eczema on my feet here or there. I got a patch under my eye. The thing is, I could feel something "sensitive" under my eye right away once I started with the Noxema, just took a few weeks to come out. So this would work lovely for very combo skin that just isn't sensitive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2007 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Aerislanne

Despite what everyone says about Noxzema being terrible for your skin, I saw the great reviews for the 60 second whip and picked up a jar at the drugstore when I saw it on sale. I tried it out, and was amazed: this is AWESOME.

I've gone through my share of expensive skincare products, and no other cleanser has cleared out my blackheads, cleansed and moisturized so throughly (and without the obnoxious film people complain about) and I swear to God - lightened up my acne scars almost overnight. I am an immediate convert.

In fact, first thing I did was try to push this on my boyfriend ("it's tingly! try it!") and bought an extra jar to keep at his place so I will never have to be without. This rocks my world.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2007 6:23:00 PM More reviews by kerewin

I hadn't used this product since high school and had since learned that menthol and camphor were "bad" for me, so I never considered buying it again. I don't know what whim made me change my mind, but I'm so glad I did! I love everything about this product--the texture, the scent, the tingle, and most of all, the results! I use a retinol product at night and have been looking for a cleanser that would thoroughly, but gently, clean my skin in the morning AND leave it moist enough so I could apply sunblock without additional moisturizer. Noxema does all that, and so much more. I was worried at first that such a creamy product would break me out, but it seems to leave my skin both much cleaner and much softer than any other cleanser. I like the tip I've seen here about slathering it on in the morning, letting it sit for a bit, then wiping off in the shower with a damp washcloth. It leaves my skin positively glowing!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2007 1:55:00 AM More reviews by saraj

This is one of the few products that is still the same ,scent and all as the original. I have gone back and forth with it over the years, but am back again to stay. I have oily skin, and I thought I would like using a soap. I used Basis, Cetaphil, and Purpose. I also used Cetaphil liquid. I got dry patches around my nose and mouth, so I went back to Noxema. It was the remedy. I don't think I'll stray again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2007 7:45:00 PM More reviews by fermidiracgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

first off, its great on sunburn. Anyway, on the face its a little different. I remember using this as a pre-teen, along with sea breeze astringent :) For the first few days it works great, but then after that its as if it builds up on my skin and breaks me out. Its like it makes my skin oily and dry at the same time. ick. It could be used well as a makeup remover though, and followed with a regular cleanser. I actually really like the smell and consistency and the tingle. eh, I might buy it again, but probably not.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2007 4:36:00 PM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just thinking about this stuff brings back memories! I used this all through my teen years and thought it was great back then. Then I switched to Liquid Neutrogena and loved how the yucky residue on my face was gone!! This stuff is like putting cheap oil on your face. Ladies, you can do much better!