Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream

4.2

Water, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Dilauryl Thiodipropionate, Sodium Sulfate, Fragrance

I love all of the norwegian formula neutrogena products and this is no exception. The smell is awesome; not too strong, just nice and fresh. It's a small, simple tube that squeezes on easy and spreads easy. After a couple of days I got comments from several people about how soft my hands were. My only complaint is that it stays kind of greasy for a couple of minutes after applying, but it does go away.

on 10/21/2006 2:34:00 PM

This is THE best product for chapped or dry skin; I've been using it since 1980! Yes, it's thick and you can sort of feel it on your skin for a minute or two, so I tend to use it only at bedtime. One reviewer said it was difficult to apply -- I haven't had that experience, but if you do, then apply it to sightly damp skin. I've also used it on my lips at bedtime -- just a tiny dab, then I put on a layer of something slick (like petroeum jelly or lip gloss) to seal it -- it works like nothing else to soften chapped skin. There is no other product on the market like this; I cannot recommend it highly enough.

I have been using it for a while, it feels nice when you apply it but the softness doesnt really last long at all. I wouldnt buy it again

on 10/15/2006 4:24:00 PM

It's like what they say on the package, "Just a dab heals dry skin." I thought this product was so freakin' amazing. It's really thick and concentrated and I guess that's why it works so well. The only thing that I never liked about heavy creams such as this one is the white the cream makes, so you have to really blend it in. It smells nice, works anywhere, just totally great. Also, as far as drugstore brands go, the packaging isn't something to complain about. And it's cheap. YAY!

I would so stock up on this again. It has the power of petroleum jelly without the greasiness. :)

Have fun -- Ivana Cheong

on 10/5/2006 6:39:00 AM

Excellent stuff! alot better than some REALLY expensive handcremes (ie, Jurlique Rosewater stuff, it stank like hell and didnt moisturise), I mean like, with this Neutrogena one, you can see and feel the difference instantly! But I do know people who didn't like the thick texture and the fact that it didn't get 'absorbed' like handcremes are supposed to. I wouldn't recommend this to be used on the lips, it feels funny, smells funny if put on the lips and doesn't taste too good either (I know, you're not supposed to lick it but sometimes you just do it by accident)
It would be great if they made this in a bigger size so I didnt have to keep on buying them, I have a 56g on my desk and put the 14g in my bag to use when I'm out, but I suggest you don't go and put it on then touch stuff you don't want to stain ie. cowhide handles of LV bags. But this is the best handcreme ever, I love how it lasts for ages! It is more expensive than supermarket brands but definitely worth every cent!

on 10/3/2006 10:36:00 PM

This is a great product. I have it on my kitchen counter for after washing dishes. I also really like Aveda's hand cream - and this is much cheaper so I grab this sometimes when I'm at the drug store. I use it on my hands, as cuticle cream, on my feet and elbows too.

on 9/27/2006 4:29:00 PM

The Norwegian Formula is extremely moisturizing, yet also very light and non-greasy. Great product. The price is high for the amount you get.

Best hand cream ever! It is very concentrated and you only need a tiny drop. I even use it on my lips sometimes! I recommend it 100%.

on 9/14/2006 7:07:00 AM

Fabulous product...I bought this in the tiny 15ml travel size when I went to London last week. It looks very thick and gel-like coming out of the tube but it goes on so smooth and seeps in immediately. I wash my hands * a lot* and this leaves them feeling sooo soft, and is not sticky at all. There is a "barely-there" pleasant smell that doesn't bother me. I'm so glad I found these, I now have one in every purse!

on 9/8/2006 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Great product. This stuff has a high concentration of glycerin in it, which is a great humectant /moisturizer for dry skin. Just a small dab softens my sometimes rough and dry hands beautifully. The moisturizing effect lasts too. Even after I wash my hands they still feel soft and smooth, I rarely if ever have to reapply throughout the day. It also works great on rough, scaly elbows and feet. Highly recommended.