Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream

4.2

Water, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Dilauryl Thiodipropionate, Sodium Sulfate, Fragrance

This is my HG hand cream, especially in the colder months. I much prefer it to L'Occitane shea hand cream. And it's way cheaper!

This product is excellent for dry skin, however, it looses one lippie from the gross thick texture of it. I use this at night before I turn the lights out so it can absorb without me mucking everything out. I use the Norwegian body lotion as well after my shower and love it.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Too too thick for me. It takes so long for my hands to absorb and during that waiting time* I can't do anything or else the hand cream rubbs off of whatever I'm touching. It does make ur hands baby soft, but it takes too long for me.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this after I had my gall bladder removed. the hospital air made my skin so damn dry and my hands were peeling LEFT AND RIGHT and i couldnt take it anymore! (had my gall bladder removed when I was 19, im 20 now) anyway i bought this thinking if anything i hope it moisturizes and speeds up this peeling so i can be done with it! while it didnt speed or slow the peeling, it made my hands soft and moisturized which i think in itself helped the peeling problem. i was peeling all over my body and i normally do not have dry skin. i used this all over my body it the result was amazing! i was even tempted to use it on my face but figured only bad things could happen from using a hand cream on your face! takes a while to absorb because its so thick and oil based but it really works. has a nice subtle smell that is not bothersom or medicinal. i love the small convenient packaging but hate the screw on cap. i will buy this again just to have around.

I love all of the norwegian formula neutrogena products and this is no exception. The smell is awesome; not too strong, just nice and fresh. It's a small, simple tube that squeezes on easy and spreads easy. After a couple of days I got comments from several people about how soft my hands were. My only complaint is that it stays kind of greasy for a couple of minutes after applying, but it does go away.

This is THE best product for chapped or dry skin; I've been using it since 1980! Yes, it's thick and you can sort of feel it on your skin for a minute or two, so I tend to use it only at bedtime. One reviewer said it was difficult to apply -- I haven't had that experience, but if you do, then apply it to sightly damp skin. I've also used it on my lips at bedtime -- just a tiny dab, then I put on a layer of something slick (like petroeum jelly or lip gloss) to seal it -- it works like nothing else to soften chapped skin. There is no other product on the market like this; I cannot recommend it highly enough.

I have been using it for a while, it feels nice when you apply it but the softness doesnt really last long at all. I wouldnt buy it again

It's like what they say on the package, "Just a dab heals dry skin." I thought this product was so freakin' amazing. It's really thick and concentrated and I guess that's why it works so well. The only thing that I never liked about heavy creams such as this one is the white the cream makes, so you have to really blend it in. It smells nice, works anywhere, just totally great. Also, as far as drugstore brands go, the packaging isn't something to complain about. And it's cheap. YAY!

I would so stock up on this again. It has the power of petroleum jelly without the greasiness. :)

Have fun -- Ivana Cheong

Excellent stuff! alot better than some REALLY expensive handcremes (ie, Jurlique Rosewater stuff, it stank like hell and didnt moisturise), I mean like, with this Neutrogena one, you can see and feel the difference instantly! But I do know people who didn't like the thick texture and the fact that it didn't get 'absorbed' like handcremes are supposed to. I wouldn't recommend this to be used on the lips, it feels funny, smells funny if put on the lips and doesn't taste too good either (I know, you're not supposed to lick it but sometimes you just do it by accident)
It would be great if they made this in a bigger size so I didnt have to keep on buying them, I have a 56g on my desk and put the 14g in my bag to use when I'm out, but I suggest you don't go and put it on then touch stuff you don't want to stain ie. cowhide handles of LV bags. But this is the best handcreme ever, I love how it lasts for ages! It is more expensive than supermarket brands but definitely worth every cent!

This is a great product. I have it on my kitchen counter for after washing dishes. I also really like Aveda's hand cream - and this is much cheaper so I grab this sometimes when I'm at the drug store. I use it on my hands, as cuticle cream, on my feet and elbows too.