Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

Great foundation. Even greated ontop of Napoleon perdis stick foundation for a full coverage. Which I need to cover dark freckles. The price could be cheaper I bought it on special at $20AUD which was a good offer, but I don't think I'd like to pay $30+AUD for it again. But I really need to buy another stock soon so I'll have to. The packaging is bulky and would be better in a tube dispense like the tester.

I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION SO MUCH! The texture isn't 'mousse-like' but it's actually quite creamy, which works wonders for my normal/combination skin. I prefer light-medium coverage foundations and this one is just perfect! Lasts all day long on me even after I sweat and the oil control in this is waay better compared to the original liquid revlon colostay foundation imo. The packaging can make getting the product out quite messy but I deal with it. I am so repurchasing this when I run out! My new HG foundation! I wouldn't recommend this for dry-skinned girls though, because the formula would enhance and dry patches and etc. :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am about 2/3 through my second jar of Colorstay Whipped in the shade 220 Nude.
This is a nice, full coverage cream foundation that works great for oily/combination skin :) It doesn't look cakey or fake.

It has a true matte finish and does help control oil to an extent. I still use a powder and blot throughout the day but those with less oily skin probably won't have to. This foundation has great staying power; I would especially recommend it if you live in a hot climate.

The price is not bad, I paid 10.99 USD at Walgreens.

I took one lippie off for the atrocious packaging! It is bulky, unhygienic, terrible for traveling, and its not very user friendly unless you are using a spatula or a traditional foundation brush.

Although this is a very good foundation, I don't think I would repurchase it again because I feel like there are better options out there for drugstore foundations that may work better without the hassle of bad packaging.

My new HG foundation. I used Revlon colorstay (the liquid version) before and that was my HG until I realized that It made me look like I was wearing a mask of makeup. So, I went on a search for a long time to find a new HG foundation at the drugstore and I went through just about every company, repurchasing some but not all and eventually moving on to the next one, before my new school year started I really wanted to find a nice foundation that stays on for a long time without transferring, without me re applying looking flawless and trapping my oil but NOT looking like im wearing a lot of makeup or giving me the mask-like effect the other one did. when I tried this foundation I was seriously WOWED to the max. it really is amazing, I think the bad reviews are from the people who didn't really work with it. I think this foundation works really amazingly with certain brushes or techniques. I use the real techniques brushes from walmart. the buffing brush really really does the trick small fast circular motions make this foundation blend so beautifully with your skin.
Take it from me I literally have tried almost every single foundation in the drugstore market this one is the best one out of ALL of them. I give it a 10/10 and I have never rated one so high. I have combo oily skin but when its hot my skin gets pretty oily. Today it was 94 degrees and I go to a highschool with about 1800 kids and there is no air conditioning anywhere in the building so you can just imagine how hot it is. I think out of my 4 years of going to my school it may have been the hottest its been and I also washed and waxed my car in that heat and let me tell you it looks almost exactly how it did when I first applied it and I only use 1 department store product that is fairly cheap. I am truly amazed by this foundation and I do believe it is the best out of the entire drugstore foundations today.

Products I use for face:
Aveeno positively radiant mostrizer
Monistat chafing gel for primer (also amazing)
Revlon colorstay whipped (with the real techniques buffing brush in small, fast circular motions)
mac mineralize skinfinish natural (with the real techniques powder brush)

TRY IT YOU WONT REGRET IT

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I'm used to buying expensive foundations but this was pretty expensive for a drugstore foundation and I didn't like it. it made me break out and it oxidized badly. I still got oily and I felt it on my face. it felt thick and it clogged my pores. when I got oily it just melted and sat on my face looking like a thick oily mess. will never repurchase again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had to update my last review because I have had a complete turn with this foundation. Before I had tried applying it with a beauty blender, it hadn't worked for me at all. Blotchy application, an spots continued to wipe away as the day wore on. However, the beauty blender with this foundation has changed my life. I'm happy to say I've been using this EVERYDAY for 3 weeks, and haven't budged from my favorite. It's officially my holy grail. Here's why:

I am NC20, oily/combo skin with major dry spots in winter, and hundreds of red acne scars and active hormonal acne that I thought nothing could hide.

Que the whipped colorstay:

I bought it in natural, I believe the 3rd lightest color, and it matches me perfectly. I place my BB into the lid (I keep the container upside down) instead of directly into the container, so it fits perfectly and I don't get too much. The coverage is FULL. Before with my MAC pro longwear, I needed a pound of acne concealer before I even applied the foundation. Now, all I need is a layer (or two, depending) of this stuff, and my face is flawless. No bumps, no traces of red underneath, only a perfect smooth, matte complexion. Honestly, it lasts 14 hours. I barely get oily with it, when compared to a usual day without it where I need to blot every hour or else I'm a flashlight. I've never felt so good about my skin. I need to moisturize before this or else it dries out my face, but yet it never looks dry, or oily, just...perfect. I've never been so satisfied with a foundation. This is my HG winter foundation until further notice. Will definitely keep repurchasing...I think forever.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

PROS
*Good, buildable coverage.
*Lasts a decent amount of time, but not as long as the original Revlon Colorstay
*Does not oxidize

CONS
*Difficult to determine color because of packaging. Luckily I am always the lightest color.
*Transfers, unlike the Revlon Colorstay for Combo/Oily that doesn't transfer
*Hate the extra, unnecessary, bulky packaging.
*I have to use a primer to even use this foundation because otherwise it does not go on smoothly. It was just a hassle to have to experiment with so many different methods of application and primers to pair it with. Should not be that difficult to use the foundation.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Quick background about my skin - As a pre-teen and going all the way into my mid-teen years, I suffered from horrible acne that had eventually covered almost my entire face before I was finally diagnosed with Acne Rosacea which apparently caused my skin to react exactly opposite to all the harsh acne treatments I had been going through. I was left with unseemly amounts of dark scars everywhere once my face had finally cleared up, and on top of that, skin so oily that I would have to blot my face every 20-30 minutes post-foundation (without makeup, it would just be a constant oil-blotting fest for me). Because of my specific skin demands, my choices of foundation were very limited. I ended up becoming a loyal customer of Estee Lauder's Double Wear Matte for 6 years right up until they changed the formula and turned it to dog poop (not really, but might as well have been).

Thus, I was forced to start my search for a new foundation that could meet (or beat) the expectations I was so accustomed to. I was keeping track of how many I tried but gave up after the 10th one and still hadn't come close to finding one that had the medium/full coverage I needed without making me break out more than I was comfortable with.

I did finally settle with using Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation for Combination/Oily skin after reading a bunch of reviews, but I just wasn't happy with how it made me look like I was wearing a mask and always dried faster than I could evenly apply it no matter how many techniques and brush types I tried.

FINALLY I decided to try out the new Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation mainly for the heck of it and to see if there would be any difference at all from the liquid one. OH MY HEAVENS! On the very first application, and for the first time in over a year, my skin truly looked completely flawless. No mask, complete coverage and matched my skin better than any foundation I've ever used. It even covered my ginormous pores on my nose and cheeks (worst part about Rosacea *hands-down*) and would stay like that for about 5 hours before I would notice a little bit of sinking, which even after leaving it on overnight (it was on accident, oops!) still looked good the next day! It hasn't clogged my pores or at least enough to notice, hasn't made me break out and just looks really flippin' good!

- I apologize for this being the longest review ever, I just hope that maybe someone out there who has had similar issues like mine might benefit from my story :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My new HG foundation for my oily skin. This is even better than the mineral foundation I was previously using. This is everything I wished Revlon Colorstay Liquid was.

Pros:

- Great color match: buff for an NC 15
- Ideal for oily to very oily skin types
- Full coverage; doubles as concealer
- Doesn't crease around eyes
- Controls oil & excess shine
- Semi matte natural finish
- Sets well even without powder
- Long-lasting
- Transfer-resistant
- Whipped texture

Cons:

- Dries somewhat quickly
- On the pricey side
- Jar packaging may be unhygienic
- Requires makeup remover for removal

I have been using this foundation for over a year now. Last year I was using the wrong skincare for my skin. My skin was often dry and flaky. I was using LM silk creme at that time and the dry patches and flakes were really obvious. When I first applied CS whipped I was amazed. It didn't accentuate my dry skin as much as silk creme. Whipped has replaced LM SC since then. I thought LM SC was HG status and that nothing would compare. Today, my skin is more on the normal side with a few dry patches occasionally. The dry patches are still noticeable but only if you look closely. The coverage for this foundation is light to medium for me because I have a lot of blemishes to cover. But it doesn't look cakey when I add a few more layers. I use my fingers to dab then a damp sponge to blend or real techniques expert face brush to apply. Either technique has worked well but I prefer the brush more for fuller coverage. The staying power is decent and is the longest lasting fdtn I've used so far. It still transfers onto clothing, phone, tissues, etc. but it still is covering a lot by the end of the day. The two things that I do not like about CSW is the shades and packaging. I have light medium warm yellow undertones (about nc20 - nc25 skin.) The first shade I tried was buff which was too light but had the perfect undertone. Right now I have sand beige which has the perfect color but is a bit too pink. The packaging sucks because of the lid. It's plastic so when the little pieces inside break then the lid will never close. Because I'm so lazy I never transferred the product into another jar. So the foundation became thick and dry before I finished it. I also go through a jar of this quickly. There's not a lot of product to last me a month and a half. I'm on the search for a new foundation because of the shades and coverage. I still love this foundation and would repurchase if it had my shade and a fuller coverage.