November 26, 2014 | 931 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by ZaBreeNah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I've had this foundation for hmmm at least 3 months. This review is based on just using moisturizer under the foundation, and none of any kind of powder or spray to set.

I use this product to:
- Even out skin tone
- As a base for other makeup

Skin Info - I have dry-normal skin. It's definitely not oily, combo, nor flaky. It's normal unless I skip moisturizer for a few days, then I begin getting small dry patches.

Application - I've tried using my fingers, my RealTechniques Expert Face Brush, and a damp beauty sponge. Using the brush, it is very easy to put on too much. It provides more coverage but tends to emphasize dry skin. Fingers leave a smoother, less dry finish for me though my most preferred method is with a damp sponge. With a sponge, I can spread out less product over my face leaving me with a less matte finish that never emphasizes my dry spots.
*silicone-based cream foundation is not absorbed by a sponge as easily as a water-based liquid foundation*

Finish - Not overly matte, definitely not glowy or dewy on my skin. Emphasizes dry spots if I put too much.

Coverage - starts off medium, can be built up to medium-full, or sheered out

Color Selection - I am unimpressed by the color range :(. I have a very tan and yellowish skin tone and I have Natural Tan. It is just neutral with slight yellow tones. Warm Golden is supposedly more yellow, but it's far too light for me. I'm gonna be a shade darker and the next shades are too dark and not yellow enough. I can deal with this much shades BUT there should be more yellower colors.

Longevity: Solid 6 hours for me, after that it's iffy. I've gone like 12 hours with this on and it was okaaaay for the most part. Not perfect but it started rubbing off my face in little flakes and it starts flaking off my undereyes by hour 9 which didn't look very pleasant. I'm sure it would last longer if I use a primer and/or a setting spray. I don't use setting powders because it makes my face even more matte which I personally don't like.

Reasons to try:
- Great coverage
- Drugstore price
- Matte-satin finish, more matte than anything
- Lasts a decent amount of time

Reasons to skip:
- Not good for my slightly dry skin so I imagine those with drier and flakier skins will likely not enjoy this
- Color range is not yellow enough though if you find a match and this suits you, yay!
- Jar packaging isn't the most hygienic

Packaging: I don't mind the big glass jar at all. I actually dropped it at Target and it didn't crack (I'm more worried about the floor being cracked by the jar haha).

I wouldn't repurchase this due to my personal preference of the finish, and I didn't match any color as well as I like.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by dellajaz24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this for my dry skin hoping for a miricle.
It took me a few goes to get it right, I had to apply lots of moisturiser first otherwise it dries TOO dry and settles into lines but with lots of moisturiser first made it stay quite 'dewy'.
I would say this foundation is best for oily or combo skin for that reason.

Its really GREAT coverage though! I applied it with a sponge and it covered all my acne scars really well. I even slept in it once and woke up still flawless! it stayed on my face for hours and hours and hours without transfering!
The packaging is ok, could be better but who cares, the coverage makes up for it!
The only thing i didnt like about it was the fact i bought a color too light and it looked kind of grey on my already very white skin so next time ill get a different color , so yes I will be re purchaseing this product :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

Grrrr, I cannot express how much disappointment the whole Colorstay line from Revlon has brought on me. I bought this because the shades ran pale which is great for my skin and a lot of people were saying how fantabulous this foundation was so I figured I'd give it a go. My biggest problem with this foundation is it never looks flawless. It is always clinging to something whether it be my acne or dry patches. Those are the only places it 'Colorstays'. When I wear this I definitely feel like I have makeup on my face and it transfers everywhere. I gave it 2 stars because of nice shade selection and actually having shades for pale skin but thats about all its good for. No likey!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by EmilyyGrace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Ohhh I wanted to love this so badly. I am NC20 and Sand Beige is ALMOST a perfect match- probably not noticable to someone else so no big deal. I bought this only a few days ago, applied it with a stippling brush and was pleasantly surprised with its blendability. The finish is.,,not dewy, Id say satin, and this is keeping in mind I have dry skin. Staying power (on DRY SKIN ) average- 4 hours before it started to fade.

Now comes the fine print. So I had this on for a few hours and I ran my hand over my face. Imagine my surprise when I felt not one, not two, but THREE "under the skin" pimples forming. (on someone who never gets them). Now to be fair, MAYBE the planets collided and that day was a bad day, but I'm not willing to risk it- especially when all other aspects of it were mediocre. Not bad, but not good. Don't know why I keep looking, Kat Von D lock it is never getting replaced.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2013 8:10:00 AM More reviews by sienna95

This foundation is deffinitely one of the best I have used on my skin! Having combinational skin, I find during the warmer months my skin gets very oily and if Im not wearing a foundation suitable for this it literally melts off my face! I found that compared to other foundations this one suits my skin type by far and lasts the longest during the day. I find it lasts on my skin for a good 6 hours, although I do need to touch up here and there with my stay matte powder.
I like to switch up my foundations from time to time and I've gone from MAC studio fix to estee lauder double wear to many other drug store foundations and I always find myself going back to this one.
It can get a little cakey during the day, but i find for its price its quality is really good. Love love love!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2013 10:03:00 PM More reviews by tresxunique

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Holy ish i love this foundation. Looks incredibly natural on my oily, dull complexion. I normally wear Revlon Colorstay in Oily/Combo but just find it too heavy on my face and still leaves my skin weird a weird shine to it. Colorstay whipped is definitely my HG as I can wear it all day (~8 hrs) without worrying about my face melting off. I initially bought true beige, but its a little too dark for me so might switch to natural beige. Also, it didn't break me out, hooray! The only minor complaint is the packaging like many others said. The glass jar looks expensive and nice, but its just too darn heavy. Overall though, go buy this foundation now!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2013 5:36:00 PM More reviews by erinbrittannyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The texture of this foundation is AMAZING. I love the texture and feel and even smell of this product! It's medium-full coverage for me. Great color selection. A little pricey for being a drugstore product, however for how well it works, I am willing to pay for it. My favorite to use in the winter because it feels a little too thick and cakey for summer time. But I still love this product!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2013 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Tuts311

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I got a CP for this foundation seen as its not sold in Europe. I had high hopes for it I was looking for high coverage and something to last on my oily skin. I wasn't a fan of the original formula i found it very hard to work with, the color selection wasn't great and it looked like a mask when applied. This new whipped formula is so much easier to work with it feels like a mousse to me. And the Shade Buff matches me well , better than the shade buff in the original formula. Unfortunately it doesn't last well at all on my oily skin. I can see oil braking through after just an hour of wearing it. Very disappointed as i couldnt really wear this foundation for long at all as it just wont last on my skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 3:11:00 AM More reviews by amra1221

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best foundation i have ever used. Its one of those products that i MUST have in my makeup collection. I think it has the best staying power out of all my liquid and cream foundations! I have repurchased this twice already. The only thing that i wish they would change is the packaging. Its soo bulky! I actually have a different lighter container that i keep this foundation in so its easier for me to travel with it. Also, make sure to keep this foundation upright when storing it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Shanice1219

Perfect for dry skin...

I suffer with moderate dry skin throughout my nose, cheekbones, brow, and chin. It seemed no matter what moisturizer I tried or foundation routine I used I would always end up with cakey dry skin flakes that ruined my makeup. I had previously tried the liquid Revlon Colorstay and HATED it because it did exactly what all the others had done, left me with cake and flakes. Needless to say I was a bit apprehensive in trying the whipped formula, but I thought "I've tried everything else, might as well give it a go." Immediately I saw a difference. There were no flakes and very little noticeable dry patches on my nose. This product is a godsend and I would recommend to anyone who has troublesome dry skin to just give it a try and see if it makes a difference. At $11 a jar, there is very little risk. I am just so thankful I found this foundation.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No