Maybelline One by One Volum' Express [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Aqua/Water, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Cera Carnauba/Carnauba Wax/Acacia Senegal Gum, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Peg/Ppg-17/18 Dimethicone, Steareth-20, Phenethyl Alcohol, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil. Simethicone, Disodium Edta, Polyquaternium-10, Saccharum, Officinarum Extract/Sugar Cane Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Panthenol, Acrylates Copolymer, Silica, Citrus Medica Limonum Peel Extract/ Lemon Peel Extract, Pyrus Malus Extract, Camellia Sinensis Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract [+/- May Contains: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77891/Titanium Oxides, Mica, CI 75470/Carmine, CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289/Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742/Manganese Violet, CI 77510/ Ferric Ferrocyanide] F.I.L. D43811/1

on 10/31/2011 10:38:00 PM

my eyelash type: thin with medium length and amount
This mascara was a bit of a disappointment to me. I was expecting to be wowed due to the rave it got from youtube. Anyways its not a bad mascara, but its not good. it doesnt hold my lash curl, and I don't have pin straight hard to curl lashes.
It only slightly lengthens then, but it doesnt do much else. I prefer the falsies, the full n' soft, or cg lashblast to this

This is my favorite mascara ever (well, tied with Benefit They're Real)! It looks so natural! It makes my lashes look so long and voluminous without looking like I even have mascara on. The brush does everything it says it will do - the bristles separate the lashes and coat each lash. The formula is great - maybe a little on the dry side but not too bad. It does have a scent, but it's not very strong. It's almost like rose perfume. I got used to it pretty quickly and now I can only smell it when I actually try to. I really don't understand how people are giving this negative reviews! I have already repurchased, and I will probably do so again when my new one runs out. I even kept the brush for my old one and cleaned it off - now I use it for mascaras whose formulas I love but I don't like the brush!

on 10/16/2011 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I loved the brush. I loved how it did what it said in the comerical, which was coat every lash. It held a curl and it was awesome. It really wasn't clumpy, which is major for me. I'll buy it again. I noticed that it was cheaper then some of the other mascaras and I wasn't sure if it was because it didn't work as well as the other ones did. I didn't know what I was thinking it was my first time buying a mascara. This part sounds weird but I loved the color of the packaging it was a nice color combo it made me excited to put the mascara on every morning. I loved how it didn't take up a lot of room in my makeup bag either.

on 10/16/2011 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Best mascara I have ever used, hands down. All of my friends think I have amazing, full, long lashes when in reality my lashes are quite flimsy and gross looking, haha.
Anyway, I can even express enough how much I love this mascara. It does exactly what it says its gonna do. The packaging is so cute! I love the colors on it.
Best. Mascara. Ever.

on 10/16/2011 2:28:00 AM

This is my review for the WATERPROOF version of this. I always buy waterproof now because I hate smudging, I want it to last for the day and this stuff does.

I have repurchased the waterproof version of this several times. I do use other mascaras, but this is definitely one that works well for me. I really like the brush style, it's a bit flimsy, but i like how it separates my lashes, no clumping or tarantula leg look. I can see how some people would want more volume or length from a mascara, I've definitely seen others deliver more of each. But I think this is perfect for daily use as it's not too much. It's subtle, it gives my upper and lower lashes enough visibility to make me feel pretty w/out looking made up. Perfect for the normal workday type situation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This product has a lot of pros & cons:
PROS:
Good for shorter, thinner lashes b.c it has a drier formula
Volumizes, lengthens a bit
Doesn't flake for hours
Defines lashes
Doesn't smudge (it transfers a bit under the eyes though)
Is buildable
There is a smell, but it isn't as offending as people make it seem; I hardly notice it

CONS:
SLOW application: it takes forever to get product on your lashes, at least for me
You sort of have to try to apply several coats to get a more thicker look.
Product gets drier and drier as the day goes on, causing some flaking (I can still usually nap with it though)
All in all, it's an good drugstore mascara, but still haven't found the "soulmate."
EDIT: I stopped using this and then came back and now I love this mascara :) I use a sticky note behind my lashes and that makes the application faster. Then I apply a couple more coats and I have defined, volumized lashes! The only cons I have now are the minor smudging and the fact that I wish it lengthened a little more.

on 10/15/2011 8:01:00 PM

This is a great mascara, it makes my long eyelashes look so volumy !
it gets every single one of my lashes ! my favorite mascara by far !

on 10/14/2011 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really hate this mascara. The enormous brush is a pain and all it does to my lashes is make them look really sparse. No volume, length, curl, anything. When I apply it to one eye and look in the mirror I can't see any positive difference, it just looks like I have fewer lashes! I usually use Nyx Doll Eye, but I ran out and missed cherryculture.com's 25% off sale so I figured I would try something from the store. Big mistake. I now have two of these because they were having a BOGO 50% off sale and mascara was all I needed. The unopened one will be going up for swap!

on 10/13/2011 11:53:00 AM

When this came out I was so excited! I was just waiting for my mascara to run out so I could go and buy this stuff! So I bought it, then got home, applied it, and It was an extreme let down.
-The brush is very flimsy.
-I got no length.
-I go for the dramatic look: I tried with this and it was a disgusting clumpy mess.
-After about 2 coats the brush can't really get through.
-It has a funky formula; my eyelashes clumped together the second I put it on. :O
-I have longgggg lashes, I don't reccomend it for long or short!

on 10/13/2011 1:25:00 AM

This mascara did not work for me at all. The only pros are the packaging (really cute) and the separation it gives my lashes. But when it comes to volumizing or lengthening, it did nothing for me. My lashes are already pretty long and have okay volume, but this stuff really didn't emphasize that. They looked thin and spread apart. Maybelline great lash was actually better than this stuff for me. Definitely would not buy it again.

Popular Mascaras