April 21, 2014 | 1484 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One by One Volum' Express

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2011 12:22:00 AM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Maybelline Volume Express One by One Mascara is a mascara that promises to lengthen and define lashes..one by one. And it keeps that promise well. I purchased my tube at Giant Eagle for $7.99
I love Maybelline's Volume Express line. I've tried most of the range and am rarely disappointed. One by One is no exception. In my opinion the Volume Express line gets better with every new mascara they release and this is the best one yet.
One by One comes in a coral tube with aqua letters. The tube is the classic Volume Express shape. But what's really special about the packaging is the brush. Its a rubber brush with a kind of oval shape. It's widest in the middle and is slightly rounded at the tip. The bristles seem to be the same length all the way around the brush and and are a medium length. Like Maybelline claims, the bristles do catch the lashes, separating and defining them and adding a fair good amount of length at the same time.
This mascara can give a very natural but defined look with one coat, or a dramatically defined and lengthened look with two.
These no smudging, flaking or irritation with this mascara. Today I've had it on for nearly 12 hours and it still looks good as new. Also my eyelashes aren't itchy, which can be a problem I have if I leave certain mascaras on too long. I like how this mascara feels. Its light enough that my lashes feel bare.
This mascara removes easily with makeup remover, but is pretty water resistant otherwise, like most Maybelline mascaras.
This is my new go-to daily mascara, replacing Great Lash. I'll definitely be repurchasing. I think this mascara can be very versatile and is a good value. I'll definitely be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2011 6:36:00 PM More reviews by gloria0069

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I like Maybelline mascaras. The Colossal (yellow) waterproof is my favourite one. I didn't like this one though because it hurts my waterline with its sharp brush. It doesn't separate the lashes more than any other mascara and isn't as waterproof is the Colossal one. I wouldn't buy it again. Plus in the add it looked like it had a false lash effect, but it doesn't do that. Guess the model was wearing fake lashes or proper mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2011 6:24:00 PM More reviews by karmiekins

** WATER PROOF VERSION REVIEW **

I have slick straight Asian lashes. They aren't extermely long but they are quite thick and more visible than most Asian's.
My lashes are very tricky when it comes to holding the curl.

This mascara is pretty good, it's alright overall.

It holds my curl the entire day, I still have it on right now and my eyelashes are still dark, curled and defined. It has been a whopping, 11 HOURS since I put it on and still looks fine.

I seriously hate mascara smudging, and this one has little to no smudging on me, and I have watery eyes because I yawn so that's fantastic!

It flakes a bit but nothing to cry over. As it gets drier, I think it might flake more.

It gives my eyes a clean, defined, fresh look. Great for natural girls like me :]

Very cute packaging as well.. I would not purchase again because I do like trying out new things :) But it's a great product to have. And it's only $5 canadian ^_^

EDIT: Oh yes, removal. Removal isn't that bad. It's alright, I have the waterproof one so it does take longer. I don't use anything special, I use Extra Virgin Olive Oil to remove my eye make up and it dissolves in flakes. It's not much of a hassle to remove which is great because I'm lazy.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2011 12:01:00 AM More reviews by xolovebeautyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE IT!!! i already have very thick and long lashes and every mascara i use makes my lashes look clumpy and way to dramatic. This however grabs every single one of my lashes and separates them, no clump and natural looking. You can definately build this mascara up to make it look dramatic, or add less coats for a more natural look. The only thing is, it doesnt hold my curls and after 2-3 hours my lashes look like they dont have anything on them. maybe i should try layering the mascara but other than that, great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2011 3:50:00 PM More reviews by sboshi16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

From maybelline, I already own two tubes of colossal, but the pretty pink and turquoise package of this one intrigued me to try this one out as well. I think it does a great job of lengthening and making it look like I have a ton of lashes. My colossal does more volumizing than this one though, but the effect this one by one mascara has cannot be replaced by colossal. I noticed even from the first coat, it looked great. It didn't flake on me, and I had no clumping. Personally i didn't notice a problem with the scent, so i can't comment on that. Great mascara, definetely repurchase

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2011 1:24:00 PM More reviews by facegal

This didn't work at all for me.
Clumpy, flaky, and didn't hold a curl...in fact, seemed to straighten my lashes immediately after applying.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2011 9:56:00 AM More reviews by againstage

The HG of mascaras. I am LOOOOOVING IT . Ever scince Max Factor brought out Masterpiece (very good) the original plastic fillament brush mascara I have been hooked to mascaras with this type of brush. I have tried Chanels version - terrible, Diors version - exellent but this Maybelline surpasses them all. My lashes are indeed expertly separated one by one by the magical brush and coated evenly to make fuller thicker and longer lashes - 2 coats and its as good as a false lash.
I highly recommend this mascara

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by slivka81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Over the years I have found Maybelline mascaras to be hit or miss. I adored their "Lash stylist" and I haven't found a mascara that good in a long time. So I was excited to try One by One when it came out; I also liked the packaging. I was not impressed.
I found the brush to be a little bulky and it made applying mascara to my outer corner lashes a bit tricky. It was clumpy and it started to flake after about 4 hours. Unfortunately, "One by one" will remain in my "miss" category of Maybelline mascaras.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2011 10:20:00 AM More reviews by star53

I am in love with this mascara. I was perfectly happy with the falsies, but I hadn't tried this one forever and wanted to remember what this one is like. I love the wand, I don't remember liking it this much! I've found that this mascara can either be really natural or pretty voluminous just depending on how much you apply because it is one of the most buildable mascaras I've ever used. I know some of the reviews say that even though it's called "one by one", it clumps, but I haven't seen that. It hasn't clumped even once for me. It does not flake like the colossal, and it separates a little better than the falsies. Like I mentioned before, it is buildable, so if you like volume like I do, just keep adding layers and you can get just as much volume as the falsies, with beautifullly separated lashes.

*UPDATE*
I have been using this for about two weeks now, and got sick of it weighing down my lashes. I went back to the original Falsies, (haven't tried flared yet and black drama is gross) and I couldn't believe how much better it is than One By One!!! The Falsies extended my lashes and kept them curled, and One By One never did that. Both mascaras are great for volume if you layer them correctly. I don't hate One By One, but Falsies is wayyyyy better.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2011 9:38:00 PM More reviews by macjunkie2011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

one word: spider lashes,this mascara clumps like crazy
the only thing i like about it is the packaging which is a shame because i usually love maybelline if you want a good drugstore mascara try the Pulse Perfection Mascara also by maybelline