August 1, 2014 | 1405 users online

Mascara - Revlon - Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2011 3:33:00 PM More reviews by cocoblondie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The worst mascara I have ever bought.
I only bought it because I had a money off voucher for it and would never normally even consider buying anything from revlon let alone this green monstrosity. It has a weird formula that manages to run and clump at the same time. My lashes are natural long and curved and this mascara managed to clump them together so they looked spikey and thin! I will be reverting back to my beloved Maxfactor false lash effect mascara which is only 2 more than this mascara and a million times better! Even maybelline collossal which is cheaper than revlon luscious grow is a far superior product!
If you buy this product you will be pouring your money down the drain!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2011 11:33:00 AM More reviews by amanda23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had used this stuff previously to upkeep my super long lashes I received from using Lilash. It did an amazing job of keeping my lashes full, long and healthy. I had allergies at the time, however and thought this was exacerbating the problem. I discontinued use and have just recently started wearing this stuff again. It looks fabulous, just concerned about any reactions. It's been a few days and so far so good.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2011 6:05:00 PM More reviews by OmToast

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've only used this once, but can already tell it will not be a repurchase. I have: long, thick, straight lashes. I bought this because: those awesome lashes are suffering from the weird total hair loss I'm currently experiencing, and I was suckered by the prospect of a mascara that might do whatever little bit to mitigate the (literal) fall-out. At first application, I was quietly pleased. It produced a very natural look. And although it actually made my lashes look a bit thinner, it did darken the blonde tips and, well, as I said, it was very natural, not at all dramatic, and there's a time and a place for that sort of performance--if it's going to help my lashes grow/strengthen, then so much the better. I do not normally wear waterproof mascara, so I didn't expect this to withstand a midafternoon swim, but of all my regular, non-waterproof mascaras (Korres Abyssinia, Origins Fringe benefits, UD Big Fatty, Mac Opulash) the Grow Luscious was the only one to experience total meltdown in a light mist. A quick 10 minute walk with my doggie in a damp and spitting "rain" produced weird, snotty lashes, as though all the 'scara had pooled at the tips. Not cool. I don't dislike it enough to chuck the tube, but I won't re-buy. Very meh mascara.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2011 3:34:00 PM More reviews by hbelle21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Loved this mascara after first using it...def increased my lashes and looked good initially...however, started realizing I had tons of flaking and smudging. This is even using the waterproof kind...not worth having raccoon eyes every day.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2011 1:06:00 PM More reviews by sh1307732

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After hearing rave reviews from my friends and seeing it all over the magazines, I decided to give this a try. I bought it in black.

I wasn't impressed, but neither was I completely disappointed. I found that the mascara was decent. I didn't notice a difference in the length of my eyelashes after using this for a couple of weeks. I will still go back to other mascaras. I wouldn't buy this again. Pretty good for the price, but not the best of drugstore mascaras.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2011 2:16:00 AM More reviews by wranglerlover95

I just bought this a bit ago because I'm switching all of my makeup products from companies that conduct animals testing, to ones that don't... So most of the makeup I use is now by Revlon! I have long eyelashes, and I feel like this definitely keeps them from clumping. BUT I also feel like it doesn't give them the volume that other mascaras do. Next time I need mascara, I think I will try out the Revlon Double twist. But it just depends on what you're looking for to decide whether or not this mascara would work!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2011 7:42:00 PM More reviews by luckygreenclover25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

After one month of using this mascara, I have actually noticed a difference in the length of my lashes! It makes my lashes look super long and it doesn't budge all day. Yes the brush is huge, but I got the hang of it after a while. It can make my lashes feel a little dry though.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2011 9:22:00 AM More reviews by crzysexycool

I got the wp verison and wit my expriences some brands wp mascara does not hold so i mainly use Maybelline as they r the one brand that always has good wp this wp mascara were heavy on my lashes and would not hold the curl i dun naturally have thick lashes so i always need wp i mean i still try to use it to get the benefit of the claim was longer lashes but its very hard to work around it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2011 6:49:00 AM More reviews by LTcurlygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a decent mascara, just not one of my favorites. It does make my short sparse lashes look super long, but I can only wear one coat or else it clumps (maybe because its a drier formula?) I much prefer Full n Soft, for a natural look that is buildable, or my HG The Falsies. Grow Luscious isn't terrible, I plan on using up my tube, but I wouldn't re-purchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2011 2:11:00 AM More reviews by lefisher

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

So, I opened this mascara, loved the look of the brush and got excited. Brushed it on, and was amazed! Wow, my lashes looked great!

And then, not just two hours late, two words appeared across my face... RACOON EYES! This was the worst case a mascara had ever given me. Even my cheapie Wet n' Wild mascara that I used when I was in my teens didn't do that to me THIS fast.

I took it back the next day, I'm going to stick with my FiberWig. :-) Nice effort though Revlon... but sorry, it sucked!