Revlon Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara

3.2

Water, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Stearic Acid, Cera Alba (Beeswax) (Beeswax), Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Hydrogenated Polycyclopentadiene, Trisiloxane, C30 45 Alkyl Dimethicone, Cera Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera Wax), Cera Carnauba Cire (Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax), Triethanolamine, Bis Vinyl Dimethicone Copolymer, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Stearyl Esters, Isosteareth 200 Linoleate, Acacia Gum (Acacia Senegal) (Acacia Senegal), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein/PVP Crosspolymer, Phytantriol, Nylon 6, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Panthenol, Methoxy Amodimethicone/Silsequioxane Copolymer, Silica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Simethicone, Butylene Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1 2 Hexanediol, May Contain ( /-): (CI 77897), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77897), Black 2 (CI 77266) (CI 77266), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007)

on 1/28/2011 12:04:00 PM

Mascara isn't my favorite cosmetic--just something I feel I have to use due to my skimpy, pale lashes. I guess there was something about the idea of a mascara that's supposed to improve the condition of your lashes that appealed to me (even though I don't necessarily believe it), so I sought this out. I got black shimmer, because it came with a free e/s. However, I see no shimmer in this at all--on the wand or my lashes--which is fine as far as I'm concerned. I'm really pleased with this; it just makes my lashes look longer and darker, which imo is what mascara should do. I'd found a mascara I really liked a couple of years ago, but then it was dc. This is the first thing I've found since then that compares to it. The only reason I gave this a 4 instead of 5 is because of the gigantic wand, which makes the mascara needlessly difficult to apply. I think one of the newer rubber wands would be an improvement. As to the claim that GrowLuscious makes your real lashes longer or darker, I'm really not expecting that. If I start sprouting movie-star lashes, I will update. Right now, I'm just happy to have a mascara that I would rate "very good."
EDIT: Well, I booted this down to 2 lippies because, as I continued to use this mascara, it kind of dried up and then made my lashes clumpy. And I don't mean it dried out in a year, I mean pretty fast! Also that big ole wand got really annoying to use every day. Sorry, Revlon!

on 1/27/2011 5:25:00 PM

I am torn on this mascara. The first tube I bought was in a brown color..I loved the way it lengthened and conditioned my lashes. It did seem to smudge a bit but not bad. When that tube ran out I went to go buy another in the same brown, but they only had blackest black. I bought it anyway..for some reason my eyes started getting extremely puffy, red and itchy and I couldn't understand why. I decided to switch to a diff mascara for a few days and it went away. I tried it again, and what do you know..my eyes reacted the same way again! I don't know what they did to change the black formula but it's awful and I will not repurchase again after the reaction I had.

on 1/27/2011 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Though I can't stand Jessica Biel & her ranting about this mascara's perks, I needed a new one so I gave this a try. I have no idea if it really does what it says, but it IS a good black mascara. My lashes are normally very thick, full, long and curled, but that can work against me - some mascaras turn them into the dreaded spider! This mascara, however, doesn't. It enhances what I have going for me, and even adds to the drama. My lashes are even fuller and longer with this on, yet I never look clownish or silly. One of the best, if not THE best, drugstore mascaras I've used to date.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I expected a lot from this mascara. This mascara did make my lashes beatiful. But the brush is so gigantic. Like what the heck! I'm asian , and the brush is bigger than my eyes! But the worse thing is bout dis mascara is that it clumps and smears. Plus lots of fallouts! But the packaging was cute ...

on 1/26/2011 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am on my second tube and I must say I am impressed!
I am pretty picky when it comes to mascara and I wasnt expecting this to work for me at all. Boy, was I wrong!
After three weeks I saw such an improvement with my lashes,
They were longer, and when I am not wearing makeup I can notice the change. My lashes are pretty long and lush now even look a bit darker. Ok, the performance of the daily wear - I am again pretty impressed ( This coming from someome that hated all Revlon's mascara before this)
I didnt notice any flaking, brush makes application easy ,
and no clumps! To me its a winner My lash blast is collecting dust!
Love!!!

on 1/26/2011 4:58:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I really really like this mascara. It's said to be a lengthening mascara that has a formula that can also cause your lashes to grow longer with consistent use. I never really believe claims like that, but this mascara did make me lashes seem a bit longer. It was subtle, but I found that mascara started applying more nicely to my lashes. It also gives my lashes some volume as well. It's not crazy dramatic but it's great for a day look. The wand is quite large so it may be a little tricky for some to get used to, but once you get the hang of it, it works just fine. I even apply it to my bottom lashes. I would recommend this mascara if you're wanting a natural look with a little pizazz! :)

on 1/26/2011 3:33:00 PM

The worst mascara I have ever bought.
I only bought it because I had a money off voucher for it and would never normally even consider buying anything from revlon let alone this green monstrosity. It has a weird formula that manages to run and clump at the same time. My lashes are natural long and curved and this mascara managed to clump them together so they looked spikey and thin! I will be reverting back to my beloved Maxfactor false lash effect mascara which is only 2 more than this mascara and a million times better! Even maybelline collossal which is cheaper than revlon luscious grow is a far superior product!
If you buy this product you will be pouring your money down the drain!

on 1/26/2011 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had used this stuff previously to upkeep my super long lashes I received from using Lilash. It did an amazing job of keeping my lashes full, long and healthy. I had allergies at the time, however and thought this was exacerbating the problem. I discontinued use and have just recently started wearing this stuff again. It looks fabulous, just concerned about any reactions. It's been a few days and so far so good.

on 1/25/2011 6:05:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I've only used this once, but can already tell it will not be a repurchase. I have: long, thick, straight lashes. I bought this because: those awesome lashes are suffering from the weird total hair loss I'm currently experiencing, and I was suckered by the prospect of a mascara that might do whatever little bit to mitigate the (literal) fall-out. At first application, I was quietly pleased. It produced a very natural look. And although it actually made my lashes look a bit thinner, it did darken the blonde tips and, well, as I said, it was very natural, not at all dramatic, and there's a time and a place for that sort of performance--if it's going to help my lashes grow/strengthen, then so much the better. I do not normally wear waterproof mascara, so I didn't expect this to withstand a midafternoon swim, but of all my regular, non-waterproof mascaras (Korres Abyssinia, Origins Fringe benefits, UD Big Fatty, Mac Opulash) the Grow Luscious was the only one to experience total meltdown in a light mist. A quick 10 minute walk with my doggie in a damp and spitting "rain" produced weird, snotty lashes, as though all the 'scara had pooled at the tips. Not cool. I don't dislike it enough to chuck the tube, but I won't re-buy. Very meh mascara.

on 1/23/2011 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Loved this mascara after first using it...def increased my lashes and looked good initially...however, started realizing I had tons of flaking and smudging. This is even using the waterproof kind...not worth having raccoon eyes every day.