July 22, 2014 | 1904 users online

Powder - Jane Iredale - Pure Pressed Base

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2006 6:57:00 PM More reviews by 3buzyboyz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to love this product after all the great reviews here, but can only say "it's ok". I don't see any difference as compared to BE, I have even put JI on 1/2 my face and BE on the other and saw no real dramatic difference. I do love the fact that it is pressed, that definitely makes it less messy. So for now... it's just ok.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2006 2:03:00 PM More reviews by sweetestpea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am sad because they reformulated this and it just isn't working well with my skin anymore. I wore this in warm silk every single day for the last year and a half (maybe even 2 years? can't remember exactly) and I felt so happy with it. The new formula (the one with SPF 18), however, gets all streaky on me and I seem to get oilier faster. I didn't want to give up on my JI so I even took to wearing a non-MMU loose powder on top to try to manage the oil and started using DHC white s/s since that is pretty mattifying. It helped a little but not enough. I finally realized I should not have to work so hard to get a product to work for me, and have once more commenced a search for the perfect mineral makeup. Since so few companys make a pressed version I'll likely have to deal with a loose one....what a major bummer.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2006 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Yuki_Chan

I love this stuff too. I usually never wear foundation everyday because they give me little bumps and always feels cakey, but this product is different (i guess cuz its mineral), it feels light on the skin and doesnt clog pores and even if i pile it on a certain spot, after I use the hydrating spray everthing just looks like my REaL skin. The bad thing about this is I live in Canada and none of those online places ship to Canada, so I got mine at a spa for $70+ something canadian!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2006 8:03:00 AM More reviews by chanelnbebe

I really love this foundation! I'm a former BE user and this stuff is totally different-in a good way = ) It's more of a matte finish so I'm not so shiny. BE can be very messy(lot's of spills on my hands and vanity)where as PPB is pressed-so less mess-and easier to throw in my purse. The coverage is great! It's sheer but you can build your coverage with every swipe(I use the JI Handi brush with this-I recommend it!), but you still won't get that cakey makeup look. I got this in Suntan. You should finish this w/ the JI D2O hydrating mist-it sets the make up and will also reactivate the make up through out the day for a freshly done look...Love the fact that this has SPF in it...Will re-purchase again!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2006 8:08:00 PM More reviews by gloria_conway

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really love this product. It makes my skin look finished and I will ocntinue using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2006 4:56:00 PM More reviews by mommydaze

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

jane iredale's pressed powder is amazing. it really does deliver great looking skin while providing awesome coverage. it really is 3 products in one! i've tried a bunch of powder foundations from mac studio fix, clinique, laura mercier. they all give heavy coverage (but still don't cover sunspots, grrr), but only sit on top of the skin. it's very humid where i live and my nose tends to sweat (lovely, huh?) and everytime that happens, the other powder foundations end up just sitting on top of my skin in weird clumps. looks terrible! ji pressed powder is the ONLY thing that doesn't do this. no matter how hot or humid it gets, my face still looks fresh and has a pretty sheen/glow (in the best possible way!) to it. i've finally found my holy grail! ordering it from skinwest.com (free shipping!) gets you the best price as it's pretty expensive. only complaint would be the sponge it comes with. quite useless, so i use the sponge from the laura mercier compact to go over places where i want heavier coverage. then i use the handi brush for all over light coverage. i have other brushes and wasn't going to get this, but for some reason, it just works the best! and i don't know why, but the finishing spray of d20 just completes the look. that's what really gives you the ultimate glowy face.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2006 10:10:00 AM More reviews by honey112101

I totally love love love this product!!!

I've used other foundations in the past and had ended up always going back to Mary Kay. I really liked that their foundation coverage was very light and even. The only thing, I hate is, being a rather sensitive and easy to cry person, my makeup always ran. This is also no good in Chicago humidity and heat, you show up looking like a movie star and leave looking pretty trashy.

Well, I tried a couple mineral makeups and found that Jane Iredale worked out the best for me in pressed foundation. I've found my summer and winter color in the pressed. I love the fact that they are very water resistant and pretty much stay in place unless rubbed. The coverage feels sheer and makes you look totally natural.

I've opted for a no makeup, just mascara and lipgloss look this summer, contrary to being all made up with eyeliner and blush and people have complemented me about how they don't even know why I bother with makeup, that I should stay natural all the time... If they only knew!!!

It's expensive, but I've learned with mineral makeup is that you're paying for the quality of your minerals. If you want 100% pure crushed minerals with no fillers that totally non-irritating, you're gonna be paying an arm and a leg.

It's also good that all mineral makeups have SPF in them and I think Jane Iredale just switched her pressed base to SPF 19.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2006 1:07:00 PM More reviews by ylhsieh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have a really oily, acne-prone skin so i choose makeup very carefully. the first makeup foundation i used i neutrogena's skinclearing oil-free compact foundation, which never broke me out but made me look unnatural, so i gave it up. then my friend recommend me jane iredale's foundation. i checked out their website and decided to give it a try. i went to the local salon trying to figure out what shade is me. unfortunately the beautician wasn't in that day, so i tried all the shades myself and decide to use riviera (i am asian), which was risky because according to my boyfriend, all the shades looked the same under the light in the salon. but i was desperate and in need of a good makeup so i went with the one looks darker. (lighter shades would make me look like obviously having makeup on, which of course is not why i want to use makeup) it turns out riviera works great and blends in my skin naturally. i used it with absence, but it seems leaving me quite lots of white heads around the nose area. so now i am trying to figure out whether it is because of the base or absence by using the base alone. overall, it is a great foundation. but the sponge comes with it is bad.
i bought mine at the price around $28 USD online when they were having a promotion. some online stores tend to have sales around holidays.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2006 4:28:00 PM More reviews by CRosieB

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this foundation. It seems to be the best combination of mostly minerals with just a little bit of filler to make it smooth and flawless.

It goes on smooth, stays on nicely and covers well without looking too opaque and definitely not chalky.

The hardest part of buying this foundation is matching your shade. The online photos from various websites are notoriously bad and due to the price of this product, you really must get samples first - you really need to try the shades on your skin before committing so much $$$.

Also, word of caution - I ordered this product in the loose form, same shade name and the two shades were totally different in person.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2006 3:59:00 PM More reviews by g_ancheta

I cant believe I have not written a review about this product. I've been using this for the pass month or two and I love it! It is expensive for me, but I'll still buy it again just because it looks good on me and I have no problem with it. Before this, I used Bobbi Brown's creme foundation, which works good, but I prefer Jane Iredale's powder. I have dry skin, yet my skin can get a bit oily, however with the right cleanser and moisturizer that I use, this product is great for me!