October 24, 2014 | 927 users online

Powder - Jane Iredale - Pure Pressed Base

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2006 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Leftwing34

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am on my second compact of this product, and still love it. It has a natural built in SPF 17. It camoflauges my rosacea nicely, and I can wear it year round without every causing acne or dryness. The coverage lasts all day, and it doesn't settle into any of my fine lines, like I thought it would. I also love the fact that I'm not putting any harmful chemicals on my face. Update - I learned that if you have a red mark or an area you want to camoflauge, you can just rub your finger across the pressed minerals in the compact and rub them directly on the area in thin layers until you acheive the amount of coverage you need.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2006 7:32:00 AM More reviews by codydan85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one the worst foundation I have used. Its quite dying and it causes out breaks for me all over my forehead and cheeks. It drys out my t zone and cause it to be dehydrated, I use very little and it still does this. I much prefer liquid foundations. The only advantage is the SPF it has and thats about it! I would definitely NOT rebuy :(

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2006 6:20:00 PM More reviews by wardropex

I LOVE THIS STUFF.

I was in a nasty car accident three weeks ago that left lacerations, scrapes, and bruising on my face. As you can imagine, my face hurt and I didn't want to leave the house because it looked like hell. But, alas, I had to make money and go to work. That's where Jane Iredale enters the picture. I had been using -- and loving-- JI Pure Pressed base for well over a year. I was skeptical that it would provide enough coverage for my ugly green/yellow bruises and strawberry red cuts-- but it did! To get the right coverage, I put a liberal amount of moisturizer on the bruised areas and started layering the mineral powder. I was amazed at the results. I walked up to my boyfriend and he was so impressed with the results that he said he wants to invest in Jane Iredale stock!

Yes, Jane Iredale is more expensive than Bare Escentuals. Yes, the packaging looks like an old lady (in my opinion). Yes, you need an excellent kabuki brush for the best results (i recommend Red Earth kabuki). But ladies-- it's so worth it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2006 11:55:00 PM More reviews by jahnine

Hi, I have been using this product for over 5 years........ it is fantastic. I have very dry skin, I moisturize, let it soak in, use the dual cover up of any blemishes and then the pressed powder.

the compact lasts about 6 months for me......and i use it every day.

this product is way better than BE. better coverage and much less messy

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2006 2:18:00 PM More reviews by graveschristine

My face is a Grease pit! This powder covers beautifully and was recommended to me by an employee at Jurlique. It feels very dry and causes oil-filled pores that can actually be popped and liquid comes out. It is not a break out necessarily but an excess of oil. Very strange. Within three days of use I have decided I will never use this again. Powder puff that comes with the pkg is very weak. The gold covered compact gets scratched very easily and proved to be very heavy in my purse. No returns on this imported item-buyer beware!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2006 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Rainbow_Phoenix

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After years of working with different mineral lines (True, Youngblood, La Bella Donna, Bare Esc., etc.) I've decided that aside from the packaging, Jane Iredale is the only one who actually put any thought into her makeup. Naturally pressed with only Pycnogenol (a pine bark antioxidant) and vitamin E. It leaves my skin with as much or as little coverage as I want, and I don't look like I'm wearing foundation at all. Just a glowy, natural, even complexion. Thanks, Jane! This stuff rules.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2006 6:57:00 PM More reviews by 3buzyboyz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to love this product after all the great reviews here, but can only say "it's ok". I don't see any difference as compared to BE, I have even put JI on 1/2 my face and BE on the other and saw no real dramatic difference. I do love the fact that it is pressed, that definitely makes it less messy. So for now... it's just ok.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2006 2:03:00 PM More reviews by sweetestpea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am sad because they reformulated this and it just isn't working well with my skin anymore. I wore this in warm silk every single day for the last year and a half (maybe even 2 years? can't remember exactly) and I felt so happy with it. The new formula (the one with SPF 18), however, gets all streaky on me and I seem to get oilier faster. I didn't want to give up on my JI so I even took to wearing a non-MMU loose powder on top to try to manage the oil and started using DHC white s/s since that is pretty mattifying. It helped a little but not enough. I finally realized I should not have to work so hard to get a product to work for me, and have once more commenced a search for the perfect mineral makeup. Since so few companys make a pressed version I'll likely have to deal with a loose one....what a major bummer.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2006 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Yuki_Chan

I love this stuff too. I usually never wear foundation everyday because they give me little bumps and always feels cakey, but this product is different (i guess cuz its mineral), it feels light on the skin and doesnt clog pores and even if i pile it on a certain spot, after I use the hydrating spray everthing just looks like my REaL skin. The bad thing about this is I live in Canada and none of those online places ship to Canada, so I got mine at a spa for $70+ something canadian!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2006 8:03:00 AM More reviews by chanelnbebe

I really love this foundation! I'm a former BE user and this stuff is totally different-in a good way = ) It's more of a matte finish so I'm not so shiny. BE can be very messy(lot's of spills on my hands and vanity)where as PPB is pressed-so less mess-and easier to throw in my purse. The coverage is great! It's sheer but you can build your coverage with every swipe(I use the JI Handi brush with this-I recommend it!), but you still won't get that cakey makeup look. I got this in Suntan. You should finish this w/ the JI D2O hydrating mist-it sets the make up and will also reactivate the make up through out the day for a freshly done look...Love the fact that this has SPF in it...Will re-purchase again!!