January 27, 2015 | 2112 users online

Powder - Jane Iredale - Pure Pressed Base

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2006 4:36:00 PM More reviews by amytude

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

If you like powder foundations (and/or MMU), then I might recommend you try this product. Dry skin girls need not bother, as you probably shouldn't be wearing a powder product of any sort. However, if you're oily and prone to breakouts, I'd say this would be a good bet.

I have a terrible time finding foundations that 1)give enough coverage 2) stay put and 3) don't break me out. The only gripe is the "staying put" part, but heck, it's still a powder product. I'm a warm-toned gal and can wear amber in winter & warm sienna in summer. Another point taken off the overall score for the price (you can get it cheaper than retail on ebay & elsewhere, though).

I have used her liquid minerals and then I top off with this product. To get even more coverage simply apply with a flocked sponge. Also, this product does contain bismuth (if you're sensitive to that), but does not give the amount of shine that BE did.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2006 12:03:00 PM More reviews by s_o_n_i_a

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this so much as the Ivory was a decent colour match for my uber PPP GA#0 skin, but alas, no. I have very dry skin and even when I prep'd my skin with almost a quarter of a jar of CDLM, it still looked immediately cakey and patchy no matter how I applied it. I did try every method in the application book, but it still managed to show up pores I didn't even know I had and highlight every line. I suppose in summary it made me look old. Boo. I also suspect it was beginning to clog my pores and break me out. Double boo.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2006 9:26:00 PM More reviews by mauizzz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was also very skeptical when my aesthetician recommended this product to me. I was not a powder person - I have always used liquid makeup. This product is wonderful because you can build the amount of coverage. It is light but has great coverage and also easy to use. I highly recommend one of the hydration sprays to set the powder - it will help with the rub off. Also, buy one of the brushes. The sponge that comes with the compact is flimsy and doesn't work that great.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2006 9:16:00 AM More reviews by Christie1830

I was very skeptical when an aesthetician recommended this. I have dry skin and usually use a moisture-rich foundation. I'm not a big "naturals" person, so I wasn't sold on the mineral makeup idea alone, but I can't argue with the results. As others have noted, I do have to moisturize before using this, but it's definitely worthwhile for me. I love the buildable coverage - I use a light hand, but Jane Iredale is so buildable it is commonly recommended after chemical peels and cosmetic surgery to cover redness and bruising. I like the built-in spf, they were able to match my tricky skin tone perfectly, and it doesn't clog my pores or feel cakey. After several hours, it still feels fresh and reapplication is a breeze, though I agree with others that the included sponge is not great. I rated it as fairly cheap because a compact lasts eons - after 8 months I dropped one and had to replace it. Downsides: as a powder, it can rub off more easily than liquid foundations, and though it doesn't "melt" in hot weather like liquids do, this summer I accidentally touched my sleeve to my face and made a truly nasty mess.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2006 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Leftwing34

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am on my second compact of this product, and still love it. It has a natural built in SPF 17. It camoflauges my rosacea nicely, and I can wear it year round without every causing acne or dryness. The coverage lasts all day, and it doesn't settle into any of my fine lines, like I thought it would. I also love the fact that I'm not putting any harmful chemicals on my face. Update - I learned that if you have a red mark or an area you want to camoflauge, you can just rub your finger across the pressed minerals in the compact and rub them directly on the area in thin layers until you acheive the amount of coverage you need.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2006 7:32:00 AM More reviews by codydan85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one the worst foundation I have used. Its quite dying and it causes out breaks for me all over my forehead and cheeks. It drys out my t zone and cause it to be dehydrated, I use very little and it still does this. I much prefer liquid foundations. The only advantage is the SPF it has and thats about it! I would definitely NOT rebuy :(

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2006 6:20:00 PM More reviews by wardropex

I LOVE THIS STUFF.

I was in a nasty car accident three weeks ago that left lacerations, scrapes, and bruising on my face. As you can imagine, my face hurt and I didn't want to leave the house because it looked like hell. But, alas, I had to make money and go to work. That's where Jane Iredale enters the picture. I had been using -- and loving-- JI Pure Pressed base for well over a year. I was skeptical that it would provide enough coverage for my ugly green/yellow bruises and strawberry red cuts-- but it did! To get the right coverage, I put a liberal amount of moisturizer on the bruised areas and started layering the mineral powder. I was amazed at the results. I walked up to my boyfriend and he was so impressed with the results that he said he wants to invest in Jane Iredale stock!

Yes, Jane Iredale is more expensive than Bare Escentuals. Yes, the packaging looks like an old lady (in my opinion). Yes, you need an excellent kabuki brush for the best results (i recommend Red Earth kabuki). But ladies-- it's so worth it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2006 11:55:00 PM More reviews by jahnine

Hi, I have been using this product for over 5 years........ it is fantastic. I have very dry skin, I moisturize, let it soak in, use the dual cover up of any blemishes and then the pressed powder.

the compact lasts about 6 months for me......and i use it every day.

this product is way better than BE. better coverage and much less messy

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2006 2:18:00 PM More reviews by graveschristine

My face is a Grease pit! This powder covers beautifully and was recommended to me by an employee at Jurlique. It feels very dry and causes oil-filled pores that can actually be popped and liquid comes out. It is not a break out necessarily but an excess of oil. Very strange. Within three days of use I have decided I will never use this again. Powder puff that comes with the pkg is very weak. The gold covered compact gets scratched very easily and proved to be very heavy in my purse. No returns on this imported item-buyer beware!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2006 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Rainbow_Phoenix

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After years of working with different mineral lines (True, Youngblood, La Bella Donna, Bare Esc., etc.) I've decided that aside from the packaging, Jane Iredale is the only one who actually put any thought into her makeup. Naturally pressed with only Pycnogenol (a pine bark antioxidant) and vitamin E. It leaves my skin with as much or as little coverage as I want, and I don't look like I'm wearing foundation at all. Just a glowy, natural, even complexion. Thanks, Jane! This stuff rules.