Jane Iredale Pure Pressed Base

Not tested on animals

CTIVE INGREDIENTS: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) 14%, Zinc Oxide (CI 77947) 3% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Mica (CI 77019), Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Hydrated Silica, Stearic Acid, Plankton Extract, Algae Extract, Pinus Strobus (Pine) Bark Extract, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract. [ /- Iron Oxides (CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Carmine (CI 75470)]

on 12/7/2006 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I can honestly say that my make up hasn't looked better since I've started using J.I. I have the pure Pressed Minerals SPF 18 in Light Beige, plus brush. (Went into a local salon which stocked Jane Iredale and tried some products on) I found that the pressed powder suited my skin (combo) much better than the loose powder.

Many thanks for all the rave reviews about mineral make up. I'm a real convert.
Nell

on 12/5/2006 10:50:00 PM

I love, love, love, this makeup. It makes my skin look fresh and natural as if i wasn't wearing any makeup. I get compliments a lot. I like it because it gives you as little and as much coverage as you want and you don't have to use a liquid foundation with it. I don't like to layer my face with tons of makeup. This product does all I need. I am very surprised I found something I really like because I am very selective. Yeah, the price is high, but well worth it. You get what you pay for most of the time.

In the past, I have tried everything you can think of; I tried sheer cover, bare escentuals, youngblood, mineral basics, mineral concepts, skin blends, etc.. no other makeup comes near Jane iredale, at least for me. My search is over. Perfect for my skin color. I use Golden Glow in the pressed. If I want a velvety look I use Biodroga Basic Moist Mask after my moisturizer and my skin looks great. This was a tip my cosmetologist gave me. People don't know it could be used this way. She learned the tip in a class she attended in Germany.

Good luck with finding your perfect foundation.

on 12/4/2006 8:36:00 PM

Excellent Product!!!!! Natural ingredients, natural feeling, and natural appearance when put on!! Also No Animal Testing!! I love it because it is talc free...it works really great with the Handi brush.
Cindy

on 12/2/2006 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is the only product in my makeup bag that I think I wouldn't be able to live without. I have a very oily t-zone and most regular foundations make me break out (even though I usually don't break out). I have a really uneven skintone and broken capillaries and I also have red cheeks, so I need something that covers that up. The JI pressed base is perfect for this. I get beautiful, smooth and even skin and it looks so natural. Since it comes as a pressed powder it is also very easy to apply, just a few downward strokes with my beloved JI handi brush, and I am done. BTW this is referring to the old formula, I haven't tried the new one yet, but hopefully that one will work for me as well.

on 12/2/2006 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I've been through many many different kinds of mineral foundation and up until I found this magical powder. I hadn't found something that could effectively cover my dry, blemished skin well enough to be a staple. BE, Aromaleigh, Physicians Formula, Neutrogena and Urban Decay; none of them were perfect. Jane Iredale has proven to be easy, clean and manageable. No mess all over the vanity, no spilling and most importantly NO BREAKOUTS! Yeahhh! I will buy this again when I run out but so far I've had my pan for 6 months and while it has a dip, there is tons of product left. One thing I have to say is that locating this product was tough for me. I wanted to try on shades before buying so was hesitant about buying online. After much searching I found JI at a salon local to me. Unfortunately they were out of my shade so it took me almost 3 weeks to get my purchase. But overall its definitely worth it. Also you MUST use this with the Handi Brush. It makes a huge difference and its so soft and perfect for application. If youre at your wits end with Mineral Makeup--give this stuff a try and you'll look no further!

on 12/1/2006 6:31:00 PM

My dermatologist sells this in her office and they offered me a free makeover and the esthetician used Warm Silk on me. I was super skeptical because the powder thing just didn't seem like it would be an effective way to use a foundation. I have mild rosacea, which makes me red in the nose and cheek area, but I have yellow undertones in my skin so it's kind of hard to find a foundation that matches. This is great. Covers my redness.
I subtracted a lippie because of the cost and because even with my oily skin I have to use some kind of moisturizer first or else it can get chalky.

on 11/13/2006 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

I hate to give this product a bad review, because I think it's a high quality product. However, the colors are SO limited, I tried 4 different ones (and wasted a lot of hard earned money, and this stuff is more expensive than other powders I've tried) and I still couldn't find a shade that matched my skin. It would look ok when I tested it in the spa, but then when I got it home, put it on and wore it around, I'd notice that it was too dark or too light. So again, in terms of quality I think this is good (though I personally prefer a loose powder, like Bare Essecials) but good luck finding the right color - if you do, I'm sure you'll be pleased. If you don't - you'll probably be upst after shelling out so much money.

on 11/13/2006 5:51:00 PM

I wear Bisque (I'm a BB sand, Stila B)which matches my skin very well. 47 years old with lines, scars, sun damage, broken cap.'s and acne.

Pros: Love the full yet glowing coverage, doesn't break me out, and touch ups are easy with no caking or settling into lines. So much faster and easier to use than loose powder, portable as well. SPF 18 is a plus. Color doesn't change on me and lasting power is good. No oily break thru midday. Heavy gold metal compact is very sturdy.

Cons: $48 a pop and the compact is not refillable. No valid reason for that these days! Been using it a month and have already hit pan in the middle. Granted I need heavy coverage but still - this could get expensive. I agree with other reviewers; throw away the sponge that comes with and use a brush or you own sponge. EDIT: Noticed this stuff turns darker and orange on me by mid afternoon. You can counter this by applying a yellow or white finishing powder over the pressed base, but it's annoying.

on 11/10/2006 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have used Jane Iredale's PurePressed Base for years. I have problems with acne, oil, and sensitivity, and it covers up and actually helps these problems. My skin looks good and seems less irritated when I use it.

For awhile a couple of years ago, they changed the formula. They subtracted some ingredients, added some, and changed the order of others. (For reference, the one I used to use had jojoba oil in it, and the new one does not.) It made my skin look shiny, itch, and break out in pimples. Yuck! I gave it two lippies because it still covered redness pretty well. I was very grumpy that my HG MU went away.

*UPDATE*I bumped this up to five lippies because they changed the formula again, and I'm back to using it. I think that it helped that they removed the bismuth oxychloride. It doesn't make me break out, although for some reason the first half of the compact makes my skin look flawless, and the last half makes it looks a little shiny and causes it to be a bit bumpy. I don't know why. It's not a brush cleaning issue because after getting disappointing results when finishing an older compact, I used the same brush on a new compact without washing it, and my skin improved. I haven't been able to find another foundation that doesn't cause my skin major problems. I'm happy that I can use this again because it's still the best thing I've found.

on 11/9/2006 4:36:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

If you like powder foundations (and/or MMU), then I might recommend you try this product. Dry skin girls need not bother, as you probably shouldn't be wearing a powder product of any sort. However, if you're oily and prone to breakouts, I'd say this would be a good bet.

I have a terrible time finding foundations that 1)give enough coverage 2) stay put and 3) don't break me out. The only gripe is the "staying put" part, but heck, it's still a powder product. I'm a warm-toned gal and can wear amber in winter & warm sienna in summer. Another point taken off the overall score for the price (you can get it cheaper than retail on ebay & elsewhere, though).

I have used her liquid minerals and then I top off with this product. To get even more coverage simply apply with a flocked sponge. Also, this product does contain bismuth (if you're sensitive to that), but does not give the amount of shine that BE did.