April 19, 2014 | 1691 users online

Powder - Jane Iredale - Pure Pressed Base

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2006 4:56:00 PM More reviews by mommydaze

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

jane iredale's pressed powder is amazing. it really does deliver great looking skin while providing awesome coverage. it really is 3 products in one! i've tried a bunch of powder foundations from mac studio fix, clinique, laura mercier. they all give heavy coverage (but still don't cover sunspots, grrr), but only sit on top of the skin. it's very humid where i live and my nose tends to sweat (lovely, huh?) and everytime that happens, the other powder foundations end up just sitting on top of my skin in weird clumps. looks terrible! ji pressed powder is the ONLY thing that doesn't do this. no matter how hot or humid it gets, my face still looks fresh and has a pretty sheen/glow (in the best possible way!) to it. i've finally found my holy grail! ordering it from skinwest.com (free shipping!) gets you the best price as it's pretty expensive. only complaint would be the sponge it comes with. quite useless, so i use the sponge from the laura mercier compact to go over places where i want heavier coverage. then i use the handi brush for all over light coverage. i have other brushes and wasn't going to get this, but for some reason, it just works the best! and i don't know why, but the finishing spray of d20 just completes the look. that's what really gives you the ultimate glowy face.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2006 10:10:00 AM More reviews by honey112101

I totally love love love this product!!!

I've used other foundations in the past and had ended up always going back to Mary Kay. I really liked that their foundation coverage was very light and even. The only thing, I hate is, being a rather sensitive and easy to cry person, my makeup always ran. This is also no good in Chicago humidity and heat, you show up looking like a movie star and leave looking pretty trashy.

Well, I tried a couple mineral makeups and found that Jane Iredale worked out the best for me in pressed foundation. I've found my summer and winter color in the pressed. I love the fact that they are very water resistant and pretty much stay in place unless rubbed. The coverage feels sheer and makes you look totally natural.

I've opted for a no makeup, just mascara and lipgloss look this summer, contrary to being all made up with eyeliner and blush and people have complemented me about how they don't even know why I bother with makeup, that I should stay natural all the time... If they only knew!!!

It's expensive, but I've learned with mineral makeup is that you're paying for the quality of your minerals. If you want 100% pure crushed minerals with no fillers that totally non-irritating, you're gonna be paying an arm and a leg.

It's also good that all mineral makeups have SPF in them and I think Jane Iredale just switched her pressed base to SPF 19.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2006 1:07:00 PM More reviews by ylhsieh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have a really oily, acne-prone skin so i choose makeup very carefully. the first makeup foundation i used i neutrogena's skinclearing oil-free compact foundation, which never broke me out but made me look unnatural, so i gave it up. then my friend recommend me jane iredale's foundation. i checked out their website and decided to give it a try. i went to the local salon trying to figure out what shade is me. unfortunately the beautician wasn't in that day, so i tried all the shades myself and decide to use riviera (i am asian), which was risky because according to my boyfriend, all the shades looked the same under the light in the salon. but i was desperate and in need of a good makeup so i went with the one looks darker. (lighter shades would make me look like obviously having makeup on, which of course is not why i want to use makeup) it turns out riviera works great and blends in my skin naturally. i used it with absence, but it seems leaving me quite lots of white heads around the nose area. so now i am trying to figure out whether it is because of the base or absence by using the base alone. overall, it is a great foundation. but the sponge comes with it is bad.
i bought mine at the price around $28 USD online when they were having a promotion. some online stores tend to have sales around holidays.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2006 4:28:00 PM More reviews by CRosieB

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this foundation. It seems to be the best combination of mostly minerals with just a little bit of filler to make it smooth and flawless.

It goes on smooth, stays on nicely and covers well without looking too opaque and definitely not chalky.

The hardest part of buying this foundation is matching your shade. The online photos from various websites are notoriously bad and due to the price of this product, you really must get samples first - you really need to try the shades on your skin before committing so much $$$.

Also, word of caution - I ordered this product in the loose form, same shade name and the two shades were totally different in person.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2006 3:59:00 PM More reviews by g_ancheta

I cant believe I have not written a review about this product. I've been using this for the pass month or two and I love it! It is expensive for me, but I'll still buy it again just because it looks good on me and I have no problem with it. Before this, I used Bobbi Brown's creme foundation, which works good, but I prefer Jane Iredale's powder. I have dry skin, yet my skin can get a bit oily, however with the right cleanser and moisturizer that I use, this product is great for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2006 5:47:00 PM More reviews by bluemeanie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought Pure Pressed Base for weekend and travel wear. I wanted to use it on weekends when I am more casual about my makeup and I don't want to fuss so much with loose powder (I also wear JI Amazing Base). For travel, it's excellent and one of the few mineral makeup products that comes in a compact. I use PPB with the JI Handi Brush. I use a small natural hair brush to dab some on to conceal spots, then go over it all with the Handi. I am now starting to use PPB every day during the summer because I've read that it can be a little less shiny than Amazing Base. Once I figured out my AB shade, I went one shade darker for the PPB and it's a good match. Sometimes the PPB in the darker shade still seems a little light, but I don't mind it and blush helps perk it up a little. The JI bases are on the pricey side, but they are well worth it to me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2006 9:27:00 PM More reviews by suelll

I use a stiff medium sized blush brush i bought from my local 100 yen shop and thats US$1.33 to use for this and apply it section by section. I love everything abt this foundation, i have never broken out from using this and never experience any itchiness or discomfort. Everything abt this is perfect for me and exactly what i wanted in a foundation - wonderful even coverage for redness, conceals acne scars easily, makes my skin better but unfortunately i could never wear it no more, i tried warm silk, while it matches my face to a satisfying degree it was completely different from my neck- too pink! ok, i tried satin - again too pink, amber - white/grey cast, warm sienna - yellow enough but too dark. i guess that's a big hint that i should move on over to another mineral mu brand and it took me 8 months to finally give up. For those of you who find it too shiny/ oily you should consider getting the absence, it really works and was made to use underneath their bases. it made a lot of difference to me at least despite never finding my shade.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2006 7:15:00 PM More reviews by valnoble

This made my face itch terribly! I went out in the heat, and my face was on fire and itched so badly I had to immediately wash it off! Good thing it didn't have any lasting effects. It gave good coverage and everything, but the BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE in it can make some people's faces itch. Not a good thing to put in makeup that claims it will not irritate and will soothe. If you have tried other mineral makeups and they haven't worked, check the ingredients. It probably has this stuff in it. Minerals like "every day minerals" do not have this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2006 9:13:00 PM More reviews by Chandra1965

I LOVE Jane Iredale Pure Pressed Base. I have been wearing this foundation for two months now. It gives very good coverage with a natural look. I get so many compliments. In the afternoon, it looks dewy but not shiny. I apply a little in the morning with the Handi brush and just build for more coverage when needed. I have tried numerous foundations: Bobbi Brown, Armani, Prescriptive Custom Blend, MAC, Mary Kay, Imani, Laura Mercier, etc.... this one is at the VERY top of my list. I will not be changing any time soon. Very impressive!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2006 1:28:00 AM More reviews by edenzs

My HG foundation! Not overly matte on my retin-a skin either, yet definitely not as crisco-greasy as BE. I like to kabuki this then follow up with a velour pad (press into skin) for immaculate coverage on very acne-prone skin.