December 17, 2014 | 1667 users online

Powder - Jane Iredale - Pure Pressed Base

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2006 9:26:00 PM More reviews by mauizzz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was also very skeptical when my aesthetician recommended this product to me. I was not a powder person - I have always used liquid makeup. This product is wonderful because you can build the amount of coverage. It is light but has great coverage and also easy to use. I highly recommend one of the hydration sprays to set the powder - it will help with the rub off. Also, buy one of the brushes. The sponge that comes with the compact is flimsy and doesn't work that great.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2006 9:16:00 AM More reviews by Christie1830

I was very skeptical when an aesthetician recommended this. I have dry skin and usually use a moisture-rich foundation. I'm not a big "naturals" person, so I wasn't sold on the mineral makeup idea alone, but I can't argue with the results. As others have noted, I do have to moisturize before using this, but it's definitely worthwhile for me. I love the buildable coverage - I use a light hand, but Jane Iredale is so buildable it is commonly recommended after chemical peels and cosmetic surgery to cover redness and bruising. I like the built-in spf, they were able to match my tricky skin tone perfectly, and it doesn't clog my pores or feel cakey. After several hours, it still feels fresh and reapplication is a breeze, though I agree with others that the included sponge is not great. I rated it as fairly cheap because a compact lasts eons - after 8 months I dropped one and had to replace it. Downsides: as a powder, it can rub off more easily than liquid foundations, and though it doesn't "melt" in hot weather like liquids do, this summer I accidentally touched my sleeve to my face and made a truly nasty mess.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2006 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Leftwing34

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am on my second compact of this product, and still love it. It has a natural built in SPF 17. It camoflauges my rosacea nicely, and I can wear it year round without every causing acne or dryness. The coverage lasts all day, and it doesn't settle into any of my fine lines, like I thought it would. I also love the fact that I'm not putting any harmful chemicals on my face. Update - I learned that if you have a red mark or an area you want to camoflauge, you can just rub your finger across the pressed minerals in the compact and rub them directly on the area in thin layers until you acheive the amount of coverage you need.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2006 7:32:00 AM More reviews by codydan85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one the worst foundation I have used. Its quite dying and it causes out breaks for me all over my forehead and cheeks. It drys out my t zone and cause it to be dehydrated, I use very little and it still does this. I much prefer liquid foundations. The only advantage is the SPF it has and thats about it! I would definitely NOT rebuy :(

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2006 6:20:00 PM More reviews by wardropex

I LOVE THIS STUFF.

I was in a nasty car accident three weeks ago that left lacerations, scrapes, and bruising on my face. As you can imagine, my face hurt and I didn't want to leave the house because it looked like hell. But, alas, I had to make money and go to work. That's where Jane Iredale enters the picture. I had been using -- and loving-- JI Pure Pressed base for well over a year. I was skeptical that it would provide enough coverage for my ugly green/yellow bruises and strawberry red cuts-- but it did! To get the right coverage, I put a liberal amount of moisturizer on the bruised areas and started layering the mineral powder. I was amazed at the results. I walked up to my boyfriend and he was so impressed with the results that he said he wants to invest in Jane Iredale stock!

Yes, Jane Iredale is more expensive than Bare Escentuals. Yes, the packaging looks like an old lady (in my opinion). Yes, you need an excellent kabuki brush for the best results (i recommend Red Earth kabuki). But ladies-- it's so worth it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2006 11:55:00 PM More reviews by jahnine

Hi, I have been using this product for over 5 years........ it is fantastic. I have very dry skin, I moisturize, let it soak in, use the dual cover up of any blemishes and then the pressed powder.

the compact lasts about 6 months for me......and i use it every day.

this product is way better than BE. better coverage and much less messy

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2006 2:18:00 PM More reviews by graveschristine

My face is a Grease pit! This powder covers beautifully and was recommended to me by an employee at Jurlique. It feels very dry and causes oil-filled pores that can actually be popped and liquid comes out. It is not a break out necessarily but an excess of oil. Very strange. Within three days of use I have decided I will never use this again. Powder puff that comes with the pkg is very weak. The gold covered compact gets scratched very easily and proved to be very heavy in my purse. No returns on this imported item-buyer beware!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2006 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Rainbow_Phoenix

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After years of working with different mineral lines (True, Youngblood, La Bella Donna, Bare Esc., etc.) I've decided that aside from the packaging, Jane Iredale is the only one who actually put any thought into her makeup. Naturally pressed with only Pycnogenol (a pine bark antioxidant) and vitamin E. It leaves my skin with as much or as little coverage as I want, and I don't look like I'm wearing foundation at all. Just a glowy, natural, even complexion. Thanks, Jane! This stuff rules.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2006 6:57:00 PM More reviews by 3buzyboyz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to love this product after all the great reviews here, but can only say "it's ok". I don't see any difference as compared to BE, I have even put JI on 1/2 my face and BE on the other and saw no real dramatic difference. I do love the fact that it is pressed, that definitely makes it less messy. So for now... it's just ok.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2006 2:03:00 PM More reviews by sweetestpea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am sad because they reformulated this and it just isn't working well with my skin anymore. I wore this in warm silk every single day for the last year and a half (maybe even 2 years? can't remember exactly) and I felt so happy with it. The new formula (the one with SPF 18), however, gets all streaky on me and I seem to get oilier faster. I didn't want to give up on my JI so I even took to wearing a non-MMU loose powder on top to try to manage the oil and started using DHC white s/s since that is pretty mattifying. It helped a little but not enough. I finally realized I should not have to work so hard to get a product to work for me, and have once more commenced a search for the perfect mineral makeup. Since so few companys make a pressed version I'll likely have to deal with a loose one....what a major bummer.