December 21, 2014 | 1896 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2012 9:28:00 PM More reviews by AmandaHennick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Great tool but a little expensive for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2012 3:44:00 PM More reviews by carolinagirl62

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

After using the Mia for about 18 months, I consider it to be a great find. My skin looks and feels softer and smoother when I use it consistently, regardless of the cleanser I use with it. Although over priced, the Mia is a great product.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2012 10:54:00 AM More reviews by jessamay

I did not technically buy this - I got it with credit card points so the price did not hurt as much as it could have. I have had this for two weeks. My situation - over 40, dry skin, major complaints are sun spots, dullness, dryness and small, acne bumps on forehead that won't go away. I got the Mia to see if it would help the bumps as nothing else does. In two weeks I have noticed t my skin is softer feeling but that is all. No change in the clarity (I did not really expect anything). I will give this more time to see if it can help the bumps in any way. The one thing negative I have noticed is my skin feels a bit dryer (something I don't need help with). I noticed many of the reviews on this product are from younger women so maybe it is really a good tool for oily and/or acne skin but not drier, mature skin. I will update more later.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2012 9:28:00 PM More reviews by o_sonancy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

While not cheap, this is a great tool to invest in if you're interested in having super clean skin. If you wear makeup, this cleans up to 6x more than a cleanser on its own, really getting the leftover face wash, moisturizer, primer, concealer, foundation, powder, blush and bronzer out of your skin. Listen to all those layers blocking your pores!!

I don't care for the face wash that it came with and use it with Clarins daily exfoliating wash in the morning. BEST combination for clearing the pores on my nose. Actually unclogs them and minimizes their appearance. Not even Biore strips do that for me.

I use it with the delicate brush head (softest) and do recommend cleaning the brush head with hydrogen peroxide every few days. Changing the brush head as recommended every few months actually does make a difference. The $25 every 3-4 months is worth it.

I do wish a hard travel case came with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2012 3:54:00 PM More reviews by merytime

I tend to be frugal, and debated buying this brush for ages. I even gave the Olay one a try. The Olay brush worked, but stretched my pores. I finally decided to take the risk and bought the Mia, and its been a wonderful purchase.

I've had acne since my late teens (both cystic and non-cystic) and my dermatologist had recently put me on a retinoid, which cleared up a lot of the acne, but left my skin flaky, discolored and rough.

The Mia really helped with all of those problems. I use it with the deep pore brush. I didnt experience the 'purge' other users talk about either, which is lucky.

One of the things that you have to do with this product is experiment and find the right routine. Some products work much better with the Mia, and some old favorites have to be discarded.

My routine is: I generally use it for 30 seconds in the morning with a BHA wash, and I find that using it longer with a foaming face wash is too drying. In the evening, I use it with Purity by Philosophy to clear off my sunscreen. If I have makeup on, I remove it with a cotton pad first. Every other day, I use the Mia with dermalogica's microfolient. The Microfolient is much more effective with the Mia, and the combination has been working miracles for my old acne scars.

Benefits: My face used to be quite oily, and doesnt really get oily anymore. My acne scars have been fading. The few breakouts I was having have stopped. When I use it before a Benzoyl Peroxide spot treatment, I can feel the spot treatment working more effectively. It has even made the spot treatment effective for my cystic acne. My pores look smaller, and my skin is glowing and even toned. I love what the Mia has done for my face. Other than going to my dermatologist, I feel like this has made the most difference to helping me with my acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2012 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Roxy1212

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This was amazing. I had very bad acne since i was 13 and nothing worked. I used the clinique acne regime and tried and proactive (Which irritated my skin very badly). Then finally when i was 16 i got the mia for a present and it's the best thing i've ever used. My face is almost acne free aside from a break out here and there which is to be expected as a teenager. I just used the original cleanser it came with and the pore scrubbing head. I also pair it with a clinique toner and moisturizer but the clarisonic was the best gift i have ever gotten in my entire life. If you have the money i highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by AmCam28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this after almost a year of wondering if it was worth it. It was.

This is the only product that has made a dramatic difference in my skin. Despite Rx treatments, I still had stubborn clogged pores on my nose. For the first month I had minor, but consistent, breakouts. After using this for two months, the breakouts have subsided and my skin is much clearer than before. The pores on my nose are smooth, smaller, and my skin has a much better texture. My skin hasn't been this smooth, even, clear and predictable in the past 15 years.

Personal preferences:
I lather with Olay or Cerave face wash, wet the brush head, and then apply. Then I disassemble and dry the brush head and body separately. I use this in the shower, but do not recommend storing this in the shower.

Pros: Noticeable difference in skin's texture, slightly smaller pores, less oily.
Cons: Very expensive, must be kept in a clean, dry area

Edit: I've been using this for almost two years. The delicate brush head saved this product for me. Both the sensitive and acne brush heads were too rough and eventually aggravated my skin. With the delicate head, I can use this every day in the summer and twice a week in the winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2012 4:55:00 PM More reviews by cloutos6

I LOVE my clarisonic MIA! I bought it 2 years ago and it is still going strong! You have to replace the brushes every couple of months, but that is only a small expense to pay for the poreless finish and smooth skin it gives. I used it while on Accutane and it did not bother me at all. I still use it after and have a beautiful complexion without any scarring! Really hels get the makeup from your pores!

Awesome

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2012 4:31:00 PM More reviews by PutUrFaceOn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Why i love it:
Ive always wanted a DEEP clean feeling. I get a lot of blackheads and bumpy dry skin. This really has changed how my skin absorbs lotions and creams. I really like it and what it has done for my skin. WARNING: this is not a face lift, don't expect miracles! haha

Downside:
-its a lot of money.
-when you first start using it, you break out! hard core.

Some tips:
-You must keep it a safe, clean environment
-Replace the heads every 3 months
-Wash it with soap every time you use it to prevent buildup.
- ENJOY the mini facial!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by Pyxxeestyx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wanted to love it!!! Everyone says it lives up to the hype. But pay attention to the reviews here from us ladies with delicate, sensitive skin. Just because vogue editors use this doesn't mean it's good for your skin. Seriously... leave it to the professionals to deep clean your skin like this. I don't have leathery bullet proof skin so I can't take a harsh, abrasive, moving plastic contraption cutting my poor skin on a daily, or even weekly/monthly basis. My skin didn't even react as badly as others, but even letting it "glide" with a delicate brush feels like razor blades. I don't want to get used to it! I sent it back for a refund.

Waste of money, ruins your skin over time. Your skin looks brand new because you're shaving a layer off!!!! Maintenance and cost is also outrageous.

The reason you get deep, painful, cystic acne is because a wet brush collects bacteria and shoves it deep into your pores. Look up the kind of bacteria that lives on your toothbrush and you'll be dipping your MIA brush in alcohol every time you use it!!

Your skin also becomes dependent on it. Think about what you could do with that time and money!! Spend it on a decent facial and be kind to your skin.

9 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No