November 24, 2014 | 833 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2012 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Dlm67

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i literally have never been more happy with a purchase. i CANNOT live without this. i really am conviced its done wonders to my skin in a matter of weeks. better than any lotions, gels, tonics, and etc. any one who wears makeup despertly needs this, you have no idea how much makeup sits in your pores with only daily hand washing.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2012 2:45:00 PM More reviews by katie35

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've always said that if there's ever anything that really helps my skin I will do everything I can to sing its praises ... because nothing has ever really helped! I'm 23, and have struggled with acne since I was in middle school. I just got off of my second unsuccessful round of Accutane in December (four months ago), and had been feeling as though nothing was ever going to help my skin. The Accutane wasn't a complete failure as it did help with my deep cystic acne, but I still had large, white milia literally all over my face ... not to mention a ton of discoloration and acne scars.

I began getting facials for extractions, but the milia were so deep that the estheticians had a difficult time extracting them. The spa I go to uses Clarisonic brushes to cleanse the skin. I'd seen and heard of them before, but at that point had been abiding by the "Acne.org regimen" which focuses on doing nothing that will irritate the skin (to the point of washing your face for ten seconds max and only cleansing with your fingers very, very gently), so I was weary of using something that seemed to be such an intense exfoliator. My esthetician kept encouraging me to give it a try, so I did some research and ended up purchasing the Clarisonic Mia online for a great deal.

I've been using it for almost four weeks now, and absolutely love it. The milia have significantly reduced, the texture of my skin is incredibly smooth, and I've noticed mild improvement with my discoloration and scarring as well. I don't use the cleanser that it comes with (I'm sure it's fine, I just use a specific mandelic acid cleanser from my spa - which has been great). I've also starting using a Vitamin A&C serum in the evenings, so that may be helping some with the overall appearance, too.

I would, without a doubt, recommend the Clarisonic Mia to everyone! It definitely helps with acne, skin discoloration, redness, improves texture ...etc. It's a wonderful product. Here are some other helpful reviews.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Simply_beautiful

I bought this 2 months ago while being in th US and i am in love! it does definitely worth the hype and worth the investment! It is not that expensive if you think that you only buy it once and makes such a difference.
First of all, it makes everyday cleansing a lot more fun! i find myself actually waiting for the time to take my make up off because i love the feeling of deeply clean and smooth skin. I can also see my serums and creams being absorbed a lot quicker.
After using it for the first month, i could see a big difference on the smoothness and clarity of my skin. I do not have any wrinkles so cannot comment on that but i am sure it helps smooth them away.
I bought 3 more Clarisonics for my friends and they are all excited with the results!
I bought mine in the berry color which is sooooo pretty! -i have a photo of all the clarisonics on my profile.

This is an investment definitely worth making for your skin!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2012 4:30:00 AM More reviews by dissolved_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Unfortunately, this just didn't work for me. I used it once a day with the 'delicate' brush head and took the utmost care to slowly glide it across my skin, rather than pressing down. After two weeks, the only difference was that my skin was drier, spottier and redder than before. I didn't change any other part of my routine. I'll stick with my Eve Lom clothes!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2012 2:49:00 PM More reviews by FloofyCurls

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So far, in my six or so years of the war against acne, this and maybe two other products have almost cleared me up. I'm extremely acne prone, so almost is good enough. :) Great product. Clears pores down deep, buffs out icky dry skin, helps you get your glow on. Only thing is make absolutely sure you replace the brush head every three months. If you don't the product loses its potency. Expensive overall, and I'll bet if your skin isn't too bad you could get the same results with a lesser brand similar product. But for me, win. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2012 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Jenlovesmac03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was lucky enough to receive this in a swap and OMG I really don't know how I ever lived without this! I use it 3-4 times a week at night with a sensitive brush head and I can't believe how much makeup and stuff comes off my face, I always thought just using make up remover wipes and washing your face was suffice but this really does an amazing job at really polishing my face. I use the Benefit skin care line with this and I can't believe how refreshingly clean and smooth my face looks and feel. If I had to dish out the money for a Mia I def would because it's so worth it, it's like getting your own facial at home, I can't ever live without it now!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 11:21:00 AM More reviews by sophiedecay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Best thing ever. I use it daily only at night, after removing makeup - cleans really well. I wouldnt know about it absorbing products better but it does clean really really well. I got dry combination skin, it does get a tad dry but nothing a good moisturizer wouldnt help. Im not that excited about the price because here in sephora it cost about 300 bucks, got it way way less on Ebay.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2012 8:50:00 PM More reviews by staylor7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

How did I live without this before? I have had this for a week so far, my only regret is not getting this sooner. In one week my face is so smooth like babies skin. I can't stop touching it! I use the cleanser that came with it and really like it too! My skin over all in just one week has gotten smoother, some of the fine lines (while still there) are smoother and less noticeable, and over all my face has a really nice glow. Favorite part though, my makeup. I use so much less, and it goes on and looks so much better now!!! I also use less moisterizer too. Prior too, I walked by the signs in Sephora thinking , what a gimmick, I'm not even giving that a 2nd look. I already have soft skin from cleansing with my Neutrogena sonic wave daily and using my Neutrogena exfoliator on a weekly basis. These boards sucked me in, with such great reviews, I wanted to know more about it. So eventually after reading so many great reviews I decided to buy it, and plan was to take it back if I didn't like it or it was just ok. Well, long story short, its never going back I'm in love and want to tell everyone they should get one too if they want great skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2012 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Karosel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love my mia. I've had it for a year now.

In the fall/winter I use my mia with a gentle cleanser only in the evenings to remove my makeup. I don't use it in the mornings during the winter.

I use it twice a day during the spring/summer.

Or I will use it after I come home from the barn after riding my horse. My face gets pretty dirty and covered in sweat from my helmet, so I like to use my Mia to help remove the dirt and sweat from my pores.

Overall, my skin has become much brighter, softer, smoother and the pores on my nose and right next to my nose on my cheeks have become smaller. Also, I've noticed less clogged pores on my forehead, which is prone to clogged pores etc, because that is where my helmet touches my face.

Also, I only use the sensitive brush head.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by aphroditeshei24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this a little more than a month and i have not notice any brightness or improvement on any pigmentation on my face. This i assume would take effect if i have used it for longer. I have dry skin and i hoped this would ease the flakiness but it does not do that. I use it at least once daily mostly in the evening to take my make up off thoroughly which it does not do well either. After washing my face i always tone with a cottonpad and on that there would still be make up residue. Im pretty sure im using it the right way as per instruction and YT videos. Its too expensive for a product that is subpar. Bought it because of the hype, again. My only issue is pigmentation and sunspots, i bought this after having watched some YT girls say it help lighten theirs. Most said they had that purging stage, well i experience that too and thought oh this is working but nah. I would have managed with a muslin cloth or some cheaper scrubs. It did not help with blackheads either. I would not suggest this if you have a good skin already. Do not let the hype get you! :)