April 23, 2014 | 1401 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2012 8:38:00 AM More reviews by TPan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Only one word for this product- WOW!  I received as a gift and have been using it for one a half months every night (sensitive brush head) with cetaphil.  Stubborn whiteheads have been cleared, skin feels cleaner and smoother and I use a lesser amount of skincare serums and creams because they glide on so easily.  It's important to keep the brush head clean and dry so I wash and wipe with a towel after every use as well as wash before use. I do not use the cover so the bristles can dry after each use.  Love love love! I received the berry coloured Mia. It's so pretty :)
UPDATE: 22 August 2012
I'm still happy with my Mia :) I've changed to the delicate brush, which came free in the starter pack and I'm much happier with it. The first couple of days felt odd because I could hardly feel it. It was just the transition period from the sensitive to delicate brush. The delicate (blue) is a lot more soothing and gentler. It cleans just as well as the sensitive. I prefer it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 2:38:00 PM More reviews by sazzled89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wonderful love love LOVE it! brought this a couple of months ago after a lot of internet research and toying with getting the cheaper olay option and boy i'm glad i went the whole way and got this. I use it morning and evening and my skin has never been so clear and fresh, my hyper-pigmentation and old acne scars have disappeared and on the odd times i do get a spot it clears up in like two days when it used to take weeks! i highly highly recommend this its worth every single penny.

only thing i would say is be carefully what cleanser you use with this its worth buying a decent one to reap the full benefits. I started off using a Biore exfoliating cleanser in the morning and a Garnier cream cleanser in the evenings and my skin was beautiful. ive since changed to Simple and Johnsons and its just not as good, i'm definitely switching back as soon as they run out!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2012 9:34:00 AM More reviews by beingfollowed

I've been using my Clarisonic Mia for two and a half weeks now so this is an 'early stages' review. I will update this review in another two weeks.
Good things- I do notice that my night cream and my foundation seem to go a lot further than they used to. My night cream absorbs in about 20 minutes now whereas it used to not really absorb at all and I'd wake up feeling a little greasy still. I'm now able to use about 1/3 less of my liquid foundation to get the same level of coverage I previously got (I don't quite get why this is but it just is).
Bad things- CHIMPLES! I've been using the Mia once every second day but I forgot to use it one day so for the last two days I used it both days. BIG MISTAKE. I now have a massive cystic pimple on my chin. It's huge and red and very deep under the skin. Urgh. I also have a couple of black heads and white heads on my chin that have popped up literally overnight. I never usually get pimples or even congested skin on my forehead but I now seem to have 3-4 small bumps up there. Again, these literally appeared overnight. I know from previous reviews that some purging is to be expected. I could have dealt with a white head or two but wtf, this chimple hurts!
I don't get the 'ultra clean' feeling that people talk about. I've used a couple of different cleansers with the Mia but haven't felt that they have got my skin any cleaner than just using them with my hands. Maybe I just haven't found the right cleanser?
Lastly, I am using the sensitive brush but sometimes it feels a bit to rough for my skin. I use a very light tough yet it still feels a bit abrasive. I haven't encountered major redness or skin issues relating to this so maybe I just need to toughen up.
Hopefully in another two weeks I can report that I have glowing, chimple-free skin!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2012 1:44:00 AM More reviews by ariellelh7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok so as much as I love this gadget the price and results just don't add up. After using the clarisonic for three weeks my skin is much more even, glowy, and scars have lightened a bit. However, I still get some small clogged pores and I still get flakes ugh. This has def helped with blackheads though. I'm selling it to a friend for less than half the price because she wants one and a cheap washcloth is more suited to my budget and skin type. Another reason I can't justify keeping the Mia is that if I use it everyday my skin gets dry and irritated with little bumps. So keeping this for use a couple times a week just doesn't seem worth it. For someone with thicker skin this could be used everyday I'm thinking. I'll be sad if the even skin tone goes away but $120 for even skin tone just kills me. At least the clarisonic cleaned my pores for three weeks and hopefully makes my skin easier to maintain. If you've got the money to spend or a gift card why not splurge it'll make skin look healthier but for budget pals it's not worth cutting back on some good dinners for cleaner skin
EDIT 4/29/12 I forgot to update this review but I just wanted to say thanks clarisonic for giving me three GIANT bumps under my skin cuz you are a bacteria spreader. my facialist told me other horror stories about the clarisonic and i just would not recommend

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by taurusdragonfly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

So I waited six weeks to write this review and I'm still super excited to recommend the Clarisonic Mia. The amount of makeup I use is declining everyday. At this rate, I will be back to just powder in the summer again. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

Overall think the Clarisonic is a great product! Maybe not worth all the hype, but delivers the goods. It's expensive, but it's effective; and that makes all those previous trial and error purchases more infuriating. Just think of the cost of a monthly facial plus quarterly product purchases and consider the price of the Mia is about $10/mo over a year. uh huh.

Specifics:
So I thought the Mia brush heads were spinning, but NOPE - they are gently rapidly vibrating. So my fear of over-exfoliation or irritation went out the door when I felt it in action. Using the Mia is like nudging your skin gently a gazillion times NOT scraping bristles across the surface. It feels very soothing. All that vibration not only works your cleanser in thoroughly and hydrates deeply, but most importantly - it unclogs pores and hair follicles by bringing everything to the surface. So for me, it's like my pores are happily relieving themselves of oil and dirt.

Yes there were a few days of purging, but it was fine. A spray of small bumps that 'turned over' in a day or two.

Instantly, my oil production went down to a reasonable level - one that I haven't seen since my 20s. Seriously, like day one after using the Mia, I only blotted twice all day. After two weeks in, I might blot my nose once a day. And I'm talking a quick press with a paper towel. no powder/makeup reapplying.

The Mia doesn't exactly exfoliate, but my skin is regenerating faster than ever and my scrubs and fade creams are doing their work much quicker. The few blemishes I've gotten since I started using it have appeared and healed in about 48 hours. The acne scars I have are fading fast - visible lightening in about a month. The surface of my skin is smoother, more even, and most pores are smaller.

So a little reality check:
The Mia is a new pricey toy and it feels good and it's quick (the one-minute cycle goes by fast), so that means I've been motivated to use it faithfully - more faithfully than my usual routines. I'll admit that if I used any of my previous products quite this methodically for 6 weeks, I probably would have had better results. But I'm not confident that the results would be this good and definitely not this fast.

The deep clean feel I get from one minute with the Mia every time is so gratifying after years of struggling to balance oil-eliminating toners and astringents with exfoliating scrubs and foamy soaps with hot washcloths and textured puffs. Now I'm just using my favorite products (Aveeno, Ambi, Philosophy) and they're working better than ever.

LOVE LOVE LOVE

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2012 12:42:00 PM More reviews by victoria2525

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this over the weekend and have been using it for about four days and so far I LOVE IT! My face feels really smooth after and I already see a reduction in my pore size. I heard that you'll break out after using this however this has not happened to me. The only thing is that my face is red right after when I use this but it fades after a couple of minutes. I think it's probably because I'm scrubbing too hard. I have combo skin and my nose gets really oily. I find that the Mia removes the excess oil and it helps my moisturizer sink into my skin. The only negative thing that I can think of is that because I have sensitive skin, I find the delicate brush still a bit harsh but I can live with that. Def worth the $160!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 9:21:00 AM More reviews by brittclow69

I received this in the mail last night... Used it with my Proactiv Deep Cleansing Wash on my face and it really did make my skin feel and look a lot smoother.

Looking forward to using this device! Will followup in a few weeks after continued use!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2012 7:15:00 PM More reviews by DivineL

I have been using my Clarisonic Mia for almost 3 months. I bought as a graduation gift to myself. I have suffered with an oily T-zone and blackheads my whole life. I bought this in hopes that my congested pores will diminish. At the time of purchase I was deciding between the Mia and the Mia2. Eventually I went with the Mia because most reviews on it said 1 speed was enough.

When I first used it, I didn't immediately notice an improvement. I would also say the first 3 weeks of using it I was on the fence about it. Finally, I realized there WAS a difference in my skin. It was smoother and cleaner. I came accustomed to using it every night and some mornings. I played around with different cleansers and found I really enjoy using it with a foaming cleanser. I use a few different kinds depending on my need at that moment. I use Clean&Clear sensitive skin wash (basic cleanser), Neutrogena Naturals Purifying facial cleanser (using this everyday can be drying), and Neutrogena Fresh Cleansing + Makeup remover (is more emollient than the other ones) .

As far as my blackheads are concerned, I still have them. They is some improvement but they are still there. My oily T-zone, has diminished however it is the winter months and I wonder if that's a main factor. In the mean time, I will continue to use it and am thinking about trying the deep pore cleansing brush head next. (currently using sensitive brush head)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2012 6:37:00 PM More reviews by kellay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use the original Mia for preventing flakies with Retin A. This has been part of my regimen for keeping my skin clear, and I'm not sure how big of a role this plays, but as a whole, my routine has been great. I do know that it helps with the daily peeling a good bit, though I still have times when I'm peeling a lot.
I've tried all the heads, and I prefer the delicate. I still keep a deep cleaning brush head that I'll use every once in a while. I will keep using this!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2012 2:02:00 AM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I finally bought the Mia after reading endless reviews about how awesome it is. Yep, another hype buy that I fell for once again. Thankfully, the Mia isn't a complete bust like so many of the hyped products that I have bought in the past.

When I first bought the Mia, I used it twice a day. I quickly found out that using it that frequently wasn't a great idea as I got a bit of an irritation rash near my eye area and I started breaking out more frequently. My skin isn't sensitive by any means but it is kind of wacky. To wit, I have to wash my face twice a day but it won't tolerate exfoliation/scrubbing/masks/peels more than once a week. Subsequently, I switched to using the Mia once a day (usually at night after I remove my eye makeup).

While the Mia hasn't give me any real problems, I also haven't notice any extraordinary results either. My skin was softer and felt squeaky clean but even when I forgot to use it (or got too lazy), my skin was fine (well, as fine as my skin can be). On the plus side, it is well constructed and a handy little gadget to have. I really like the fact that it has a built in timer that automatically shuts it off because I do sometimes worry about over scrubbing my face with it. I also like the fact that it can be used in the shower as the entire thing is waterproof. However, I don't think it's an HG product by any means. It's good, but I don't think I'll ever sing its praises from the rooftop any time soon.

I also doubt I'll ever repurchase it. The price is pretty steep (I paid about $90 for mine on sale and with a discount code for free shipping) and then there's the price of replacement brush heads. It's a decent automatic brush that isn't terribly harsh and scratchy like some I've tried (I'm looking at you Dove facial brush), but I simply can't use this everyday. As such, it's a waste for me. Instead of chucking it in the trash, I gave this to my mom. She loves it and uses it daily so I don't completely regret purchasing it.