Clarisonic Mia

4.2

Plastic

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I just got this a little over a week ago. I had been waiting for a 20% off coupon from ULTA, so I seized the opportunity and splurged. Even though I had read the reviews on MUA, I was still a bit skeptical.

I don't have very many breakouts and take good care of my skin. I've used this maybe 4-5 times and I can already feel a difference. My skin is definitely softer and feels "cleaner"- even after the first use. I use Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizer daily and it absorbs so much better after using the MIA. I (used to) have chronic little "flakies" on my nose and around my eyebrows no matter how often I exfoliated and moisturized. They are gone and the only thing I have done differently is use the MIA. My skin is brighter, smoother, and appears to have more of a glow. Like other reviewers, I also don't have to use as much product because they seem to absorb better.

The only think I don't like is the hassle of trying to care for the MIA itself. It'd be nice if there was a stand or something to place it on to dry and charge, rather than sitting it on the counter and hoping that the cat doesn't knock it down while I'm at work. :-P

If you're thinking about investing in this, I would recommend it! I have the pink one and feel I have benefited from purchasing it already. I can't wait to see how my skin looks after using this for a month or so....

on 7/4/2012 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I hate to bring down the reviews for this but this wasn't a miracle worker for me. It does make my skin clean. It removes every last trace of makeup. My skin does feel clean and exfoliated afterward, but that's about it! My pores are still just as large and it has neither improved or worsened acne.

I have acne-prone, oily skin and I find that after using this and moisturizing for the night, I wake up to an oilier face in the morning. However, I have very stubborn blackheads on my nose, and if I use this device on my noise for close to a minute a few times a week, my blackheads are greatly reduced. However, I find I can get similar results from my Olay device. Wasn't worth the money for me.

on 7/4/2012 11:07:00 PM

I can go on n on abt mia..I bought it a year ago n have put it to so many trials n all i found it is that it survives them all..my skin is combo n oily in t zone n have to mention dehydrated aswll. I started using Mia the wrong way ie pushing it hard on skin, which gave me a nasty break out n I hated Mia..but I though it's the most pricey thing I ever bought have to make it work for me lol so did some research n gave another shot in love n it's the mother of HG the right way of using it is just gently touching it to ur skin n leaves it to do its job. U can use me gentle cleanser with it, a mid face wash, basically whatever suits u. U can go upto 2min but not more than that or I'll be over exfoliating and stripping ur skin from the natural oils. Just keep in mind that the brush has to be disinfected once in a while. After using this ur other beauty products are absorbed 80% better by ur skin which results in a healthier glowing skin.. I noticed the difference after a week that my skin has started to get a rosy glow n now I get tons of compliments..I doesn't shrink ur pores but certainly stops new ones coming. Be age gp can use it from teens to granny..I've even used it in my pregnancy safely. I had breakouts due to harmonies n Mia helped me in a wAy that the pimples n acne got small in sie in three days n the pots afterwards vanished in 4 days or so..I had some spots left on my chin cuz I didn't use my mia correctly at that time.. But recentlyhave noticed they too r now less visible. I certainly can't live without it

on 6/30/2012 10:13:00 PM

Really happy that I bought this. It delivers as advertised by fellow members on makeupalley ^_^ I agree that it is an expensive buy, but you can catch good deals on ebay (got mine for 65). It did cause some mild break outs for me in the first week but my skin texture got better and cleaner with a nice glow by end of the second week,with even fewer impurities/spots than I started with.

I think what product you use makes a difference to skin break outs. I use a very mild skin cleanser - Avene milk cleanser, and also tried an orange clarins scrub at first which dried out my skin and maybe caused the break outs although it helped with extra exfoliation in the first week.

The second hand market is big on ebay for this product so if you don't like it you can usually get back most of what you've paid - fortunately I have decided not to sell on :)

on 6/30/2012 4:41:00 PM

This is a review for the mia 2. When I became pregnant my face broke out horribly! I was desperate for something so I decided to make the splurge on this life saver. Best money I have ever spent, WOW! I use this twice a day, with belli acne wash at night and the refreshing wash that it came with in the morning. My skin has NEVER looked better, I couldn't be happier! My breakouts are nearly gone, my skin is brighter, and when I do get a blemish it's smaller and goes away quicker! I simply couldn't live without this thing!

I love love LOVE my Mia! I don't think I could live without it, honestly. I can feel how clean my skin is and it definitely gets my makeup off! It's making my skin a lot brighter and clearing up my acne a bit. I'm still looking for the perfect cleanser to go with it, but I do love it!

on 6/28/2012 9:28:00 AM

Ive used this on three separate occasions over the past three years. Each time, my skin starts by clearing up and looking great. After about a month or two I start to break out and get clogged pores. After I stop using it totally, and without switching any other products, by skin goes back to its normal clear-ish self. I've tried different brushes, cleaning them daily and weekly (deep), nothing.

on 6/27/2012 12:31:00 PM

I love this! It does everything it tells you! I can use it twice a day and it's not to harsh. JUST BUY IT! It will be worth the money!!!

on 6/26/2012 5:21:00 PM

Love my Clarisonic Mia!! I use it EVERY night and can't imagine being wihtout it. In fact, if, for some odd reason, I don't use it at night, and just wash my face without it, I can tell the difference right away -- my face is not as smooth or clean or revived as it usually is. I, too, use Revlon's ColorStay foundation in the summer (nothing else lasts through the hot humid days!) and find it awful to take off, but it's a piece of cake with my Clarisionic, even though it stains the brush head! I use the deep pore brush over all of my face all of the time and don't find it too harsh at all. And I've definately used the same brush head for a good 6 months now and don't see a need to replace it, as long as I clean it well after each use. My skin is FINALLY under control now that I'm using my Clarisionic. Granted, it was an investment, but it's worth every penny with great skin as the result. I use Philosophy's Purity Made Simple cleanser with it and it's the perfect duo!

on 6/26/2012 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

my beauty addiction started with this tool. My mother had purchased this and she found it was too harsh on her skin, even with the sensitive brush head. So she gives it to me and just in time: i had been wearing Revlon's colorstay foundation and it was reeking havoc with my skin; that foundation is the devil to remove. My skin had gotten angry and red. It had never looked so bad. I had no previous experience with skincare, other than a cleanser and moisturizer. I did wear a mineral makeup for the past few years so i had okay skin. OR so I thought: I had just turned 40 and noticed my skin was really bad compared to women that were 10+ years older than me. My mother has really nice skin. I had to do something. The years of playing in the sun (I owned 2 jeep wranglers in a row, and loved taking the top off) really did a number on my skin. If i payed attention i could have at least worn sunscreen, but no. My hair, from whipping around in the convertible, was showing signs of damage: split, broken ends. I knew my skin had to be in a similar state.
After a couple weeks i noticed my skin was not so 'mad' and started calming down. After a month it started to glow. Now, i cant live without this. I only use it at night, mainly to get a little exfoliation so my serum can sink in well. It makes a huge difference. I spend too much money on serums and anti-aging potions so i appreciate getting the most value for my money. Yes, this little device costs a pretty penny, but worth it.
its been a year now, and i still use it every day. I feel that 2 times a day might be too much for me, as i do have dry skin on my cheeks and it does get sore from daily use, even with the sensitive brush. It is pricey, and know that there are now other products that might be less expensive, but works well. Not as good, but well. Olay is one of those. I have a freind who raves on and on about it, but since i already have a Mia, i didnt need another physical device.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools