October 25, 2014 | 767 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Matte Foundation spf 15

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2010 6:18:00 PM More reviews by classylady2627

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Since I do have eczema, this foundation was recommended to me by the a makeup artist in Sephora whose nephew actually suffered from it also. Its good for me bc I do have sensitive skin, so liquid foundation was not even an option. The only problelm revolving around that is that I have dry skin, so sometimes it does cause my face to itch and flakes a little bit. This foundation is better for ppl with oily/combination skin. It isnt that cheap either, costing about $30, but you do get a lot of product. Although it has the twist and lock thing, sometimes my skin like comes out. Idk how, but it does. Usually, I shimmy it back into the container and everythings fine.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2010 5:00:00 PM More reviews by AmCam28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I tried BE several years ago and the color looked ashy and cakey and my face was shiny. So far, this is better, but I only use it occasionally. I've found that for the coverage I need, concealer and powder works just as well- and is less expensive.

Pros: less messy with new lid, lasts most of the day, nice finish, good color match, minimizes shine.
Cons: expensive, color can change on oily skin, can be drying in the winter, transfers onto clothes, I go through the product quickly & would need to replace often.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2010 10:33:00 AM More reviews by Inca78

I bought this product after using the Bare Escentuals original foundation and thought it would be better. For me, its too matte and it tends to make my pores look enlarged as it doesnt settle nicely like the original one. Im guessing it would be good for those with really really oily skin - but I wont be buying it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2010 2:53:00 PM More reviews by tiffanyyzz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually really like this. I had my eye on this for a while. It looks very natural and the coverage is VERY buildable. You can get sheer to full coverage and still look natural ! I usually go for a medium coverage. I don't use concealer on my cheeks anymore because this does the job for me. I apply it with a bristled kabuki brush. This is definitely matte. Quite pricey but I really like it. Reminds me of the maybelline one. I love the sifter though.

UPDATE! Ended up returning it because the whole mineral thing was getting on my nerves.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2010 8:16:00 PM More reviews by Kaemmm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i got the matte BE mineral foundation last week and started using it the next day. My color is Golden Medium, it matches my neck "perfectly" I got the whole "get started kit" which caused me $70 dollars [plus tax]
I must say that the brushes are a steal, their good quailty, it also comes with a brush cleanser, mineral veil, warmth, and ofc the matte mineral foundation. So far so good using this product, i used to see it on TV all the time, and finally my mom got it for me. This product will unfortunately bring out the flackness of ur skin if you don't moisturize you skin enough. The "max coverage concealer brush" is pretty awesome, it really concentrates on acne/acne scars. Yesterday, i found a way to just use the concealer brush on problem areas first[since the foundation matches my face n everything] then buff over the face with "full flawless face" brush [its basically shaped like a kabuki brush] I so far only use these two brushes [the other one is called " flawless application" i think its for 'warmth'] i haven't used warmth either. i kinda dont want to put too much product on my face. OVERALL; i think this product is pretty okay, although it doesnt cover PERFECTLLY. i didnt expect it to anyways.. have to improve my skin on my own.
btw, the pores looks pretty good when using mineral veil. haha

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2010 6:30:00 PM More reviews by chuckmo

Tried this in Fairly Light and it's a nice match. Their original foundation gaive my face a shiney finish, which is unflattering as i'm oily to begin with. I use a primer and apply the BE with a light hand, and have no problems with it looking powdery or cakey. The coverage is better than than the original. Love the stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2010 7:01:00 PM More reviews by sheikmac11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I must disagree with everyone that does not like this product. Using the right brushes will definitely make this foundation a MUST have for anyone!! I bought this foundation 2 weeks ago, and I was really excited to try it. At the time, I had misplaced my Bare Escentuals Primte Time Oil control Primer...and I didn't realize how amazing and desperately I needed it until I lost it. So I tried it without primer and with a soft fluffy brush...and my face looked so cakey and gross before, and even worse after 2 hours of application...I tried minerals cuz I'm a guy and I don't wanna look like I have anything on. BUT, 3 days ago, I found my Primer in my car, and I realized that my Mac 188 brush was perfectly clean and un-used. So that gave me a great idea. I washed my face, applied moisturizer, and then I primer. I shook the bare minerals into the lid, and began stippling the powder over my face...it gave me the most airbrush finish ever!! And it lasted me a ridiculously long amount of time!! My parents began to think that I had given up on wearing make up, because they said my skin looked nice without it (they said this while I was wearing bareminerals, hehe) and I decided NOT to tell them that I was wearing make up!! So pair this with a good primer, and Mac's 188 small duo fiber brush and you'll see amazing coverage that looks so natural!! =D

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2010 1:47:00 AM More reviews by RicheleBarbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

too matte for my extremely oily skin & a bit too dark too. reminds of just overly matte bronzer. I purchased this when it first came out & it was almost $30, way too much for something that turns out to be a waste of money

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2010 7:22:00 PM More reviews by bathtimefun4all

In my other review, I raved about the BareMinerals SPF 15 powder foundation and how it is the only foundation I will ever use. For some reason, my dumb-a accidentally bought this one when I needed to restock on my BM powder foundation. I was too lazy to return it and decided to try it out to see if I liked it or not. It is very matte as advertised, but I found it to be too thick for my liking. The only thing better about the Matte foundation than the original one is the packaging. There is a turn-lock thingy so the powder doesn't spill everywhere. Now I'm just trying to use it all up so I can repurchase the original foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2010 11:58:00 AM More reviews by SarenaMarie

I tried the original Bare Minerals foundation and it was too shiny for my oily skin, so I thought the matte version would work better. When I first put it on, it looked nice and my face was matte, but it did not last long. After about 2 hours, it looked cakey and it just slid off my face. It doe shave pretty decent coverage though. It would probably work better on normal skin, because my skin is just way too oily for this.