Bare Escentuals Matte Foundation spf 15

3.4

ACTIVE Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 15% and Zinc Oxide 5% INACTIVE ingredients: Lauroyl Lysine, Silica, Calcium Silicate, Soil Minerals. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I've been using this for months and months and I've already repurchased once and I love it! I've recommended it already to my sister and my friends. I used to use Bare Minerals Original but it started to break me out because I have sensitive skin and can't tolerate too much bismuth oxychloride. Also, I do like dewiness, but the original seemed to make me a little too shiny looking and had a more caked on obvious look when I tried to cover blemishes. I use the Matte in golden fair which is perfect for my skin tone. I use it mainly as a concealer for the lilttle red/brown pimple marks left behind after a pimple, redness, blemishes, and undereye. It's not perfect for undereye concealing (I have dark undereye circles), but I'm also prone to milia, so I find that using bare minerals helps by not causing milia since it's so light and non-oily. It's also great for covering blemishes because as long as I moisturize well, it never looks caked on or accentuates flakiness, unlike other cream-to-powder stick foundations I've tried. I lightly dust a small amount all over to minimize the look of pores and tone down any shininess. I don't even need a separate finishing powder usually (although I have Make Up Forever HD Powder which is good so I'll use that sometimes on my t-zone after bare minerals matte). Sometimes Matte is a little TOO matte for my taste (not that it's chalky or drying) because I like to have a more 3D/contoured face if that makes sense, but that's easily solved with a dusting of highlighting powder or shimmery blush or something. I have normal to dry skin, so I can see how this powder foundation would be great for oily-skinned ladies or for the summer/hot-humid weather.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Other, Kinky, Coarse

I returned to using BE foundation after having some issues with my skin lately. My skin is extraordinarily oily and very sensitive. I bought warm deep and the color is an insane match to my skin. When I first get it on it looks amazing. I get the matte med-full coverage that I prefer and it's beautiful.

It only really lasts for maybe three hours before my face is greasy and the foundation is sliding off every time I blot. Also after about five hours it oxidizes and turns an awful color on my skin. I'm really disappointed. I won't be buying this again.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Love BM MU? Yes! The Matte version? Not so much. I felt like it appeared more cakey and flat on my face. I know some people don't like the Mica in the original because of the shine factor, but I prefer that to the dull, flat look the matte leaves on my face. Just a matter of preference. The product itself holds up just as beautifully as the first. What I really like about the mineral make-up, as someone who wears glasses, is I don't get breakouts where the plastic of my glasses touches my face, like I do with liquid foundations. I also like that it doesn't smear around from pushing up my glasses.

Ok, so I tried this product after I came to the conclusion that my laura mercier mineral foundation that I love sooo much was breaking me out. I wanted another mineral foundation that was similar. Here are my thoughts:
No coverage,makes my skin dry and tight, doesn't last, not a smooth texture when u apply it,basically I would be better off not wearing any foundation than wearing this. So this was my last attempt to try BE ( tried the orignianl formula also and hated it and don't get the hype) and I'm done with them. The onl product I will spend money on is their buxom glosses,their other products are awful on my skin.Please test before u buy because it feels like ur buffing chalk dust on ur face:(

I love dat semi matte dewy look n having combination skin I thought dis would be amazing. However after the third hour my skin get rly oily n i hav to blot:( i even use a primer with dis...also it doesnt rly last n with da bare escentuals kabuki theres very light to medium coverage...usually i just prefer to use my neutrogena healthy skin concealer stick over this becuz it has better coverage. Also the l'oreal mineral foundation provides more coverage n lasts longer. Overall i will not be repurchasing dis alltho the pacakging is very nice n convenient

I'm not actually sure if I would buy this again. Maybe if I find out it works better with a different brush or something . . . I bought a very fluffy brush to go with it because I figured it would go on lighter with a fluffier brush. In the bright lights of Sephora it looked very natural and nice (shade is Light) but when I put it on myself the next morning it wasn't super natural and it was a tad yellow for my skin. $28 = pretty expensive to me, especially since for my liquid foundation I use Joey New York Pore Minimizer [liquid] Foundation in Light Beige, which I buy for $12 and is pretty awesome. You see, I essentially wanted a finishing powder and wasn't looking for a powder with as much as coverage as this, but I was swayed by the wonderful minimizing of pores & even-ness it provided.
Overall: try it on in store and look at it under different lights if possible. Medium coverage, and on me, a teeny bit mask-like (though I will continue using it, but with a light hand).
A Gripe About Sephora (2, actually): when I asked the salesgirls about this foundation vs others (e.g. Clinique, Korres) I expected to hear something like "this one is better for oily skin" or "the other one is nice but not so great for minimizing large pores", etc. Instead all I heard was "well, the bareMinerals has minerals so its more natural so its better for you". What? Explain? I hate all this pseudoscientific "minerals" "natural" stuff. Also! Sephora, PLEASE LET YOUR SALESGIRLS MOVE AROUND. The whole point of Sephora is that there are a ton of brands, so don't assign your salespeople to just one brand, because I want to COMPARE brands! While your staff is very nice & generally helpful, it does no good at all for customers to have to run back and forth between salespeople to get the low down on one brand vs another.

I used BareMinerals in high school and stopped during college in pursuit of my HG product. I found many great mineral foundations out there but alas, my favorite was discontinued. I ended up back with BareMinerals after seeing this new Matte formulation and I am happy...not elated, but happy.

Background: I have combination skin which leans more oily during warm months that is sensitive to harsh ingredients (rash, itchiness, zits) and break out very easily. I use Cetaphil SPF 50 moisturizer in the winter and just plain oil-free SPF in the summer, followed by one pump-worth of Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation (0 Porcelain). I use a few light sweeps of BM to set my foundation and increase the opacity of my make up to hide the scars (red dots) on my face from older zits.

Pros:
- Much better packaging than the BM I remember! I can sift out as much as I'd like depending on if I am doing my whole face or just a few spots...and it travels well.
- This will stay matte on my face *only* if I use an oil-free primer first. The product isn't oil-controlling enough on its own. (Also a con) I tested this both with and without using the BB liquid foundation first and the conclusion was the same...I need primer w/ the BM.
- Color blends into my White-Out colored skin very well
- Does not irritate/break out my skin.
- I'll use the concealer brush to dot on a little extra over a blemish and this works great to hide the redness and stays put during the day

Cons:
- Need a primer first in order to keep matte
- Coverage is only so-so (maybe I just need a new brush, though) and using it w/o a little liquid foundation first is too sheer for me.
- Not that cheap, esp. since it's not sufficient on its own to be the only foundation in my cabinet
- Need to wait a few minutes for my skincare products to completely set before putting on

Conclusion: I like this product and while I am not head-over-heels for it, I haven't found anything better. I will continue to use this product but will try to find better deals for it when I run out. I would recommend this to someone with a normal skin type and likes a very natural finish and is willing to use separate products for concealment of blemishes.

UPDATE: I started using Jane Iredale Pure Pressed Base and will never use anything else again! I posted a review on the Jane Iredale product if you're still looking for your HG foundation!

i use this in golden medium & it works great on my combo skin!! i usually wear it over light foundation or just a bit of concealer. best powder ive found that manages to keep away the shine w/o looking dry or cakey! really natural finish & the color was great for my yellow toned skin. also hasnt made me breakout & i do have acne prone skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Not my cup of tea. The packaging is nice and sleek. It has a closeable sifter and the cap is big enough to fit a good sized brush on there. I'm just not a fan of how it oxidizes by mid day. I looked really orange and it didn't keep my skin matte. I still had an oily t-zone by mid day. I did break out from using this product but I don't blame the brand. There is an ingredient in most mineral makeup that causes me to breakout. I have sensitive skin. This is overpriced for what it is. On to the NEXT one.

Hives. Red, burning face. Swelling. All things you might experience using this product.

My skin is not particularly sensitive considering how fair I am, but this product gave me a severe allergic reaction within seconds of applying it to my face. It took hours for the redness and bumpiness to subside. I have used the original bare minerals for years and loved it so I thought I would try the matte version. I have never had such a severe allergic reaction to anything in my entire life. I was almost in tears with the pain and itching. My eyes were swelling.

In comparing the ingredients from the original and the matter versions, it appears that the main differences are in the inactive ingredients. The matte version has "Lauroyl lysine, silica, calcium silicate, and soil minerals." I don't which ingredient I am allergic to, but I know I have never heard of lauroyl lysine before.

In any event, buyer beware.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Review/Comparison: BareMinerals vs. It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination by TheKatalicious17

Top Rated Bare Escentuals Products