September 19, 2014 | 1854 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Matte Foundation spf 15

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2010 7:01:00 PM More reviews by sheikmac11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I must disagree with everyone that does not like this product. Using the right brushes will definitely make this foundation a MUST have for anyone!! I bought this foundation 2 weeks ago, and I was really excited to try it. At the time, I had misplaced my Bare Escentuals Primte Time Oil control Primer...and I didn't realize how amazing and desperately I needed it until I lost it. So I tried it without primer and with a soft fluffy brush...and my face looked so cakey and gross before, and even worse after 2 hours of application...I tried minerals cuz I'm a guy and I don't wanna look like I have anything on. BUT, 3 days ago, I found my Primer in my car, and I realized that my Mac 188 brush was perfectly clean and un-used. So that gave me a great idea. I washed my face, applied moisturizer, and then I primer. I shook the bare minerals into the lid, and began stippling the powder over my face...it gave me the most airbrush finish ever!! And it lasted me a ridiculously long amount of time!! My parents began to think that I had given up on wearing make up, because they said my skin looked nice without it (they said this while I was wearing bareminerals, hehe) and I decided NOT to tell them that I was wearing make up!! So pair this with a good primer, and Mac's 188 small duo fiber brush and you'll see amazing coverage that looks so natural!! =D

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2010 1:47:00 AM More reviews by RicheleBarbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

too matte for my extremely oily skin & a bit too dark too. reminds of just overly matte bronzer. I purchased this when it first came out & it was almost $30, way too much for something that turns out to be a waste of money

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2010 7:22:00 PM More reviews by bathtimefun4all

In my other review, I raved about the BareMinerals SPF 15 powder foundation and how it is the only foundation I will ever use. For some reason, my dumb-a accidentally bought this one when I needed to restock on my BM powder foundation. I was too lazy to return it and decided to try it out to see if I liked it or not. It is very matte as advertised, but I found it to be too thick for my liking. The only thing better about the Matte foundation than the original one is the packaging. There is a turn-lock thingy so the powder doesn't spill everywhere. Now I'm just trying to use it all up so I can repurchase the original foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2010 11:58:00 AM More reviews by SarenaMarie

I tried the original Bare Minerals foundation and it was too shiny for my oily skin, so I thought the matte version would work better. When I first put it on, it looked nice and my face was matte, but it did not last long. After about 2 hours, it looked cakey and it just slid off my face. It doe shave pretty decent coverage though. It would probably work better on normal skin, because my skin is just way too oily for this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 4:40:00 PM More reviews by missn74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like the twist cap so that powder doesn't get all over the place. I like that it is matte and it does help a little with the shine on my forehead and nose. It does accentuate imperfections on the skin. The shade system is a little off in bare minerals. I have in the color in medium tan which is for someone who has a rosy cool undertone with blue veins, but i am a golden olive warm undertone with green veins. But somehow it blends well into my skin.I use this mostly to have even skin all over and to set my concealer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 3:05:00 AM More reviews by Remykat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

As a stand-alone foundation, this is just okay. If you build it up, it will accentuate lines. That's just what powders do. HOWEVER, over a sheer liquid or tinted-moisturizer, this goes from meh to marvelous. Very blendable, making the line between your face and neck nonexistent. And thank god, no stupid sparkles like the original.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2010 3:16:00 PM More reviews by fancyxamy

This is the most perfect powder foundation ive found, as evidenced by the fact that im currently on my third container, and this stuff aint cheap!

The pros: Provides excellent, lasting coverage, miraculously without being cakey. The fair shade is a great match for my super pale skin. The finish is straight up matte, which is what i need because i am a very oily gal, yet it somehow avoids appearing flat or powdery.

Since Ive used it, breakouts have been few and far between. Its super easy to apply. I pour a little in the cap, and buff a bit of product into each section of my face. It saves me from having to use concealer so it has really simplified my morning routine. Packaging-wise, I like the spill-free container.

1 con: PRICE! Good lawd, $38 for a container that lasts me a month and a half. Highway robbery! Ok ok so that was only when I ordered it from the actual bare escentuals site and had to pay shipping. From sephora its about $30. But the containers are super tiny and it always seems as if im running out. Thats the only thing that keeps me still checking around for alternatives. BE, give me more product for my money and ill be a loyal customer forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2010 1:00:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaJustine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using BE foundation for over 10 years. I've always had to mix colors but never got exactly what I needed. Finally they made Fairly Medium which is the perfect color for me!

I love the matte formula it does help with my oily skin. For extra staying power I use this with the BE oil control lotion.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2010 11:01:00 PM More reviews by luvlydee

I have FINALLY found my HG foundation. Even though this doesnt give me full coverage i dont care because i was more concerned with looking natural and having my skin even out.
I have tired mufe face and body, mac studio fix powder foundation, nars powder foundation, and mufe hd foundation but none of these made me look as natural as bare minerals.
I decided to try it because my friend swears by this and even though she has oily skin and i have dry skin i finally gave in her to suggestion in trying out and i went to go buy it. I ended up gettin the starter kit with the matte warm tan because thats what the mua matched me with but as i wore it everyday i really noticed that i didnt like how my face looked orange. so of course i thought... another loss.
But i decided to go to a different bare escentuals and the mua artist there told me warm tan is def too orange for me and she matched me with matte Tan. I LOVE it. i use it everyday. and i thank my friend for making me get this.
Even my boyfriend didnt notice that i was wearing make up and he is so critical about these things that i rarely wear foundation around him. I had to tell him i was wearing make up and he was shocked. he was like he didn't even notice.
My search has ended. finally. :)
for my undereyes and dark spots i just use concealer first and then put the powder over.

Edit: I have realized that even though the matte tan goes better with my skin, I felt like after awhile it looked kind of pinkish/ greyish. I am now using a foundation from Afterglow cosmetics in Fawn, and i feel like that it is an even better match.

[mufe f&b 18 / mufe hd 173 / mac concealer in nc45]

rated 1 of 5 on 10/30/2010 11:22:00 PM More reviews by kristentomlinson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Ive tried BE foundation several times and have never had any success. I have really oily skin and BE makes me look like a oil slick within a few hours. The lightest shade they have is to dark for me. Everytime I tried wearing their foundation I would get comments on how heavy and oily my makeup looked. I tried BE because it is supposedly really good for acne prone skin but it clogged my pores and made me break out. I will be staying away from the BE line from now on. It was money down the drain for me.