Bare Escentuals Matte Foundation spf 15

3.4

ACTIVE Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 15% and Zinc Oxide 5% INACTIVE ingredients: Lauroyl Lysine, Silica, Calcium Silicate, Soil Minerals. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 1/12/2011 5:46:00 AM

I love this foundation very natural matte finish i love it.I have oily acne-prone skin with alot of acne scarring and current blemishes just been wearing for a week now and its actually helped get rid of my acne, For the best coverage for me i get a sponge like a makeup puff and with your skin moisturised i get a little product on there and pat it gently on the scarring and blemishes then apply everywhere and it gives almost a full coverage i love it best foundation ever..And ive tried them all!

on 1/10/2011 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the matte foundation. I tried using the original, but it made my T-zone oily-er and my (usually not visible) pores look huge. I love the finish of this foundation on my combo to oily skin. I do not get that T-zone shine that I used to get. It really does work to control oil production. I always use Mineral Veil over it to smooth out the finish and hold it on longer. I love the combination.
Has a medium coverage, like all mineral powders do, so in the event that I am going out or taking pictures, I'll throw a little Hello Flawless powder over it for max coverage.
I did try to change to a liquid make-up when it started getting cold for more hydration but, within a few days, my face started breaking out and even looked older. I love how natural and lightweight this foundation is. It's definitely my HG!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I tried the original formula a few years ago, and was not impressed. The color didn't match my skin, it didn't cover any of my acne or discoloration, and made my skin super oily. The thing I did love however, was that when my skin became oily, it didn't look like oily MAKEUP, it looked like oily SKIN. Another thing was that it made my skin clear up and didn't cause any breakouts.
So I'm on the hunt to find my HG foundation, and I saw that they came out with a matte formula so I thought i'd give it another try. $28 is more than I usually spend on makeup (since i usually just buy from the drugstore) but I think it's worth the money. I think this may be my HG.

Overall, MUCH better than the original. First of all, the packaging is GENIUS..just perfect. I've only had it for a few days and I already love it. It doesn't look like makeup, it just looks beautiful. I think you need a decent brush to get good coverage (i use the flat top kabuki from everyday minerals) and it give medium coverage. It keeps my oily skin looking matte and healthy. About 5hrs later, my skin starts to get shiny, but it looks like a healthy "glow" so it looks really nice. I don't use a primer (because I'm also on the hunt for the perfect primer). I don't put a powder over it, i just spot conceal with my Revlon Colorstay concealer.

I would suggest this to anyone basically, it's totally worth it and will last a while.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I am rewriting this review. I had this foundation for over a year before it recently ran out, and honestly I miss it. It works great as a light-medium mineral foundation. It covers pores wonderfully, helps neutralize any redness and scarring, although you need to use concealer with it if you, like me, have acne or other skin marks. The lasting power is pretty good without a primer, but with a primer it lasts all day. It is matte for a while before a little natural shine peeks through, which I actually like the look of. However, it's easy to use a bit of blot powder on top without making it look caked up.

I am usually NC15 (neutral-yellow undertones, fairly pale), and the lightest shade worked great. It was a neutral shade with just a hint more yellow than pink, which is great for most skintones. Very natural.

Is it worth the price? I'm not sure. Many independent makeup brands sell mineral makeup similar to this stuff, but I haven't tried any. I definitely plan to, though.

on 1/4/2011 12:35:00 PM

Not a big fan of this or the original BE foundation. This product gives zero coverage. I dislike scraping my skin with a kabuki brush to buff, buff, buff it in - really how ridiculous when you think about it. I much prefer Clinique Almost Powder which gives me coverage, spf 15, looks natural, and is amazingly easy to apply.

on 12/27/2010 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using this foundation off and on for two years, and I feel compelled to write a review, finally, because I've recently figured out how to really make this foundation work for me. When I first tried this foundation, I experimented with Fairly Light and Fair (knowing Light was definitely too yellow for my skintone). I needed a slightly deeper color, but at first it didn't occur to me to try the Medium shade range, since my skin is still fair-to-light. The key to the Medium shade range is that it contains the correct shades for light skin with pink-to-neutral undertones (as opposed to strong golden undertones, which the Light shade range has). I found that Medium is actually my closest shade match. I also own Fair (the palest color) and Medium Beige (a slightly deeper and more golden version of Medium). I mix all three colors together in different proportions depending on the time of year. Now I really like this foundation. A well-blended application on moisturized skin makes my face look glowing and even. I apply the Mineral Veil lightly on top of the foundation, then I pat my face lightly all over with damp hands to set the foundation and make it look less powdery and more natural.

on 12/27/2010 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I've been searching for a foundation that wouldn't contribute more break outs to my already acne prone skin and this was sadly no exception.. The color match and coverage were perfect but after wearing it everyday, my acne only got worse and in places I never usually got them before. Now 3 weeks after swearing off this foundation, I'm left with large, noticeable scars I feel extremely self-conscious about... ):

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I got a 10 day sample of this from Sephora, and I was excited to try it out. I hadn't made the plunge into liquid foundation, and I wanted something with a matte finish. All the other powder foundations I'd tried (the regualr BE formula and Merle Norman) had too much shimmer in them for my liking. The amount in the sample was generous and I got a bit of usage out of it, but I had a love/hate relationship with this product which bordered more on the hate side.

I love the coverage this gave me (a medium to full coverage) but I found that even with a silicone based primer (like Smashbox photofinish) it settled into the lines around my eyes and mouth and made them more pronounced. I feel like, with this formula, if I bought a full size, I would go through it pretty quickly. The 10 day sample actually only lasted me 5 days, with light coverage on my forehead/chin/nose and a heavier coat on my cheeks.

The worst thing about this, for me, was it made my skin itch like CRAZY if I sweat, especially around my hairline, jaw line, and around my nose. I didn't have that problem with the regular formula, and it was extremely uncomfortable. Thankfully, it only happened the last time I wore it, but it was enough to make me never want to wear the product again.

My skin: NC30, I have super large pores on the inside of my cheeks and on my nose. I get extremely shiny right about my eyebrows and on my t-zone. I switched over from using Smashbox Primer and MAC Studio Fix/Tarteís Recreate Foundation.

Today is my first day using this product I am using Matte Foundation in Medium Beige along with the Prime Time Oil Control. I Exfoliated then used my Olay moisturizer; I ďpattedĒ on the primer (If you rubbed in this primer it will literally flake on you) then you put however much product you want to use in the lid and swirl for about 15-20 second, then I tapped and swirled all over my face. Itís flawless itís not completely matte itís very natural looking I must say, it is a hassle because you do have to take your sweet time but itís worth it. If you are interested in purchasing this I suggest you YouTube: NicoleChante
Iíll update before Iíll update within 5-6 hours xoxo.

I'll rate it when I come back for the update

UPDATE:
I like the fact the the color doesn't change. I like that so far it hasn't broke me out. I did not stay matte all day I did get a shiny T-Zone after about 9 hours lol but it's all gravy I really like it(: I'm only giving it a 4 for overall because I haven't managed to figure out how to apply without it looking a lik cakey.

on 12/14/2010 5:46:00 PM

[Me: oily, sensitive skin. MAC N3. BE Fairly Light. PR Vanilla]

Love this stuff. It makes my skin look poreless and flawless. I don't have a problem with this looking cakey on me because my skin is so oily. It lasts forever and is great for girls on the go. I only use a tiny bit and my face is completely covered. Two thumbs up.