April 25, 2014 | 1676 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Matte Foundation spf 15

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2010 11:09:00 PM More reviews by calgrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product since I was looking for something to cover up scars and to even out my skin tone. I am NC 35 skin tone and the golden was a match- but later in the day it got darker and I have oily skin in the t zone and I looked like a oil slick. I put some more on and I looked like I was wearing a mask. Back to bare escentuals this product will go- three days and breaking out as well. I have clear skin so has to be the minerals

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2010 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Jasmine19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

It is the only thing I have found so far that doesn't break me out. I like it and will stick to using it but it doesn't really cover my acne scars too well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2010 3:52:00 PM More reviews by PeachFuzzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Golden medium is a perfect match for my skin. Which is hard to find for me. It doesn't really control oil for me all that well and the coverage isn't that great, but it does look a lot more natural than the usual estee lauder dw/ matte foundations I have been wearing. I really need to use something less harsh on my skin. I have to blot like three times a day and reapply once. I don't know if it's worth it, but if my overall skin looks better than I will repurchase. We will see.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2010 4:45:00 AM More reviews by myluckypenny

I tried their regular foundation a long while back, and I attended a YouTube guru's event in-store, so I figured I might as well give this new foundation a try. Their old original foundation made my face feel itchy and within a few hours, I was an oil slick. The color also oxidized on me to an unattractive orange...

I had hoped their new matte formula would remedy the oil slick, but that was not the case. I think the reason my face itches after application is because it is TOO drying, therefore, the oil-slick after an hour or two. The color did match my NC30 skin better in "light" - but it was maybe a shade or so lighter than I'd have liked it. Their color range is limited, and it did not seem to oxidize as badly as it's original counterpart.

Due to the fact that it made me even oilier, and my skin had a slight reaction to it, I will not be repurchasing. I do, however, LOVE their new packaging for travel-friendliness. The fact that you can lock the sifter helps you manage the mess to a minimum, and you don't waste as much product when doing the "Swirl, Tap, Buff"...

Strike 2, BE... they're REALLY going to have to WOW the pants off of me w/ a new product to get me to step back into their store. =(

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2010 1:59:00 AM More reviews by sunnyisland

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this product, hoping that it would be an improvement over the old formula. Indeed it was great that it did a fantastic job in giving good coverage to my skin, making it look naturally flawless and almost picture perfect. It also managed my very oily skin well and after several hours, I was left with only a little bit of oil on my nose. Unfortunately though, it made me itch quite a bit (I think I might be allergic to something in the formula) hence, I wouldn't buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2010 2:25:00 AM More reviews by aless91

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I definitely like it better than the original formula, leaves my skin nice and even right after application. Lasting power is as expected, enough for a powder foundation. Love that this product lasts forever. I tried going liquid for a while since I had never tried it before, but I always end up going back to this no matter what time of the year. Still on the quest for a good liquid foundation though.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2010 1:44:00 AM More reviews by tokidoki123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I first tried out the original formula of bareminerals and i reacted badly to the bismuth oxide. I loved the way it blended into my skin and made it glow, but i couldn't handle the itch. So when i heard that they made a matte formula without the bismuth I was excited. The mineral powder was smooth and it remained matte for hours without touch ups. But my skin reacts to this again. It's not that I broke out with this or had a rash, but it oxidizes into a weird orangey color on me. It also looks powdery upon application, but it'll sink in and blend with your natural oils. Also the packaging is a bit annoying. The locking system is good for traveling, but product gets stuck in the crevices and collects. It wastes product in my opinion. I wouldn't buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2010 1:33:00 AM More reviews by adara260

True Rating: 4.5

Love this product! Controls my crazy oily skin, and I work at a Zoo in the Rainforest exhibit where it is like a rainforest so its that fab! Stays put very well and doesn't slip and slide like the original does on me.

Some cons are that this doesn't blend as easily as the original does. So what I do is a 50/50 blend of the two. Other con is that I can't find a true color match so I blend but thats my skin so whatcha gonna do?! lol.

LOVE this product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2010 3:08:00 PM More reviews by victoriasinger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My HG foundation for my oily/acne prone skin! i always go back to this. it's amazing. i wear medium beige, and its like its magic; i can wear it in the dead of the winter when i am albino and also in the summer when i am really tan. its odd but GREAT!

EDIT!!!!!!!

so, just for funzies i stoped using this foundation and tried the dream matte mousse. well, to my utter surprise my face cleared up..... and i was SO MUCH LESS OILY it is not even funny. I returned my extra boxes of the bare escentuals and i am never going to use it again. and i used it for two whole years thinking it was the best stuff but in reality it was crap. I used like 5 oil blotters at a time when i was using it and i just thought that my face was THAT oily. now, using the dream matte mousse i use two.. or even one on some days. so all in all, bare escentuals is crap to me now.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2010 1:05:00 PM More reviews by VanillaTwilight94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh my gosh, I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. I have combination skin that irritates me to no end. I swear my nose and forehead are SO oily but my cheecks and chin tend so be SO dry. So having this problem it was always hard for me to find makeup that would go on my skin and not look cakey or anything. On vacation, I visited a Ulta, which was my first time in one since there are none where I live and the Bare Minerals was the closest section to the door. I saw the Matte foundation and instead of buying the Medium kit, I just decided to buy the foundation. I bought the color Medium Beige and I was very nervous spending 25$ on this powder because I'm just used to buying the 8$ powders at the drugstores. Well, I'm glad I did. I LOVE THIS!!! I use a kabuki brush to put it on, which I thought I would never be able to do on my cheeks and chin because I was sure this powder would look flakey but it doesn't! It actually is very creamy like they say on the commercials. I've never tried the Original Formula, which I hear has a lot of complaints but this one is perfect! It really does give you a matte finish and I used my mother's mineral veil for setting it and I didn't have to touch it up ONCE through the day. :) I use this to cover up my acne scars, which are like purple/red marks all over the right side of my cheeks and few on my left cheek as well. I also have pretty noticable black heads I just CANNOT get rid of and this covers them nicely. :) I even used this around my eye to cover some redness. I can't say enough about this. I think I've found my perfect foundation for LIFE. :D