January 28, 2015 | 1971 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Matte Foundation spf 15

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2010 11:36:00 PM More reviews by sarahnickatina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really didn't care for this. I thought it would be good. I read reviews on sephora. I have extremely oily skin and this just didn't look good on me. It makes you matte but it looks SO powdery. It doesn't look natural. Using it over a liquid foundation is okay, but alone I have acne scars to cover and it did not cover them, even seemed to enhance them. I was disappointed. Would NOT buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2010 12:21:00 PM More reviews by cynaga

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not enough coverage for me. It is matte but sometimes too drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2010 8:32:00 PM More reviews by katilia16

I've repurchased the Bare Minerals Matte foundation several times now. It's become my HG foundation for a few reasons. First, I personally prefer powder foundations since I have oily skin. This one wears well throughout the day and really does help control shine compared to other foundations I've tried. If it's a long day, especially if it's hot outside, and you don't wear a primer underneath it can look a bit uneven in fine lines by nighttime, but it usually helps if you use oil blotting sheets to soak up excess shine. I also have skin light enough that some companies don't make shades light enough for me, and I like the BM has a good selection of shades. Since it's a mineral foundation it also doesn't break me out or clog my pores.

The packaging is very good; I only deducted one lipstick tube thing (idk what to call it...) because it's difficult to get out the last little bit of foundation towards the end since you can't open the container completely without having to break it. The twist cap on the sifter is a very good feature for travel.

I would say this is a medium priced foundation. It's definitely more expensive than drugstore foundations, but as far as higher end brands go it's fairly cheap. I don't mind paying a bit more for a product I know does what I want it to.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2010 8:43:00 PM More reviews by melodycadence

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Love the coverage (medium), love the dispenser, love that it doesn't break me out...I use this with Bare Minerals prime time oil control, but it still doesn't keep me matte for the whole day, especially around the nose. Silicone primers keep me amazingly matte, but they also break me out amazingly badly as well. So anyways, I have extremely oily skin which does not stay matte for 8 hours unless I use silicone on it, so I guess this foundation is awesome for what it does (up to six hours matte). Great if you're not super shiny. I'm NC30 and the shade Medium Beige blends in flawlessly.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2010 3:08:00 PM More reviews by faudia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Years ago I tried the original, which oxidized on me. I tried the matte version based on an SA's rec.

At first I thought this was okay- it looked decent and the color was a good match. After a couple of weeks of use though, I noticed it dried out my fairly oily skin, looked patchy and flakey and caused a lot of clogged pores.

I wanted to like this this the color was a good match, but this was horrible and messed up my skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2010 11:08:00 PM More reviews by magee5880

This product is perfect for anyone who wants to wear something that is very light with just enough coverage. I love that I can wear without feeling like its heavy on my face. If you are looking for something that is very heavy this foundation may not be for you. It also has SpF 15 in it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2010 9:28:00 PM More reviews by edelweiss7579

I just bought the matte foundation a few days ago. So far, I like it! The only problem I have with it is that sometimes my skin gets dry (like today) and it definitely made it more noticeable. I like how it makes my skin look when my skin isn't dry though.Another downside is it is kind of expensive. I paid $30 for the foundation alone, but I don't really mind the cost as long as it makes my skin look good. I bought mine at Ulta and I liked that they matched the color for me. I ended up being Fair, which is the lightest color, and it matches perfectly. When my skin isn't dry it makes my skin look really even and it looks like porcelain almost! I really like mineral foundation rather than liquid. Despite the fact that it's messy I don't think I get near as many breakouts with mineral foundation as I do with liquid. I'm not 100% sure if I'm going to repurchase. I might try the original before I repurchase the matte again. So far, I'm really liking it. I might just need a better moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2010 6:18:00 PM More reviews by classylady2627

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Since I do have eczema, this foundation was recommended to me by the a makeup artist in Sephora whose nephew actually suffered from it also. Its good for me bc I do have sensitive skin, so liquid foundation was not even an option. The only problelm revolving around that is that I have dry skin, so sometimes it does cause my face to itch and flakes a little bit. This foundation is better for ppl with oily/combination skin. It isnt that cheap either, costing about $30, but you do get a lot of product. Although it has the twist and lock thing, sometimes my skin like comes out. Idk how, but it does. Usually, I shimmy it back into the container and everythings fine.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2010 5:00:00 PM More reviews by AmCam28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I tried BE several years ago and the color looked ashy and cakey and my face was shiny. So far, this is better, but I only use it occasionally. I've found that for the coverage I need, concealer and powder works just as well- and is less expensive.

Pros: less messy with new lid, lasts most of the day, nice finish, good color match, minimizes shine.
Cons: expensive, color can change on oily skin, can be drying in the winter, transfers onto clothes, I go through the product quickly & would need to replace often.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2010 10:33:00 AM More reviews by Inca78

I bought this product after using the Bare Escentuals original foundation and thought it would be better. For me, its too matte and it tends to make my pores look enlarged as it doesnt settle nicely like the original one. Im guessing it would be good for those with really really oily skin - but I wont be buying it again.