December 20, 2014 | 1128 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Matte Foundation spf 15

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2010 8:43:00 PM More reviews by melodycadence

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Love the coverage (medium), love the dispenser, love that it doesn't break me out...I use this with Bare Minerals prime time oil control, but it still doesn't keep me matte for the whole day, especially around the nose. Silicone primers keep me amazingly matte, but they also break me out amazingly badly as well. So anyways, I have extremely oily skin which does not stay matte for 8 hours unless I use silicone on it, so I guess this foundation is awesome for what it does (up to six hours matte). Great if you're not super shiny. I'm NC30 and the shade Medium Beige blends in flawlessly.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2010 3:08:00 PM More reviews by faudia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Years ago I tried the original, which oxidized on me. I tried the matte version based on an SA's rec.

At first I thought this was okay- it looked decent and the color was a good match. After a couple of weeks of use though, I noticed it dried out my fairly oily skin, looked patchy and flakey and caused a lot of clogged pores.

I wanted to like this this the color was a good match, but this was horrible and messed up my skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2010 11:08:00 PM More reviews by magee5880

This product is perfect for anyone who wants to wear something that is very light with just enough coverage. I love that I can wear without feeling like its heavy on my face. If you are looking for something that is very heavy this foundation may not be for you. It also has SpF 15 in it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2010 9:28:00 PM More reviews by edelweiss7579

I just bought the matte foundation a few days ago. So far, I like it! The only problem I have with it is that sometimes my skin gets dry (like today) and it definitely made it more noticeable. I like how it makes my skin look when my skin isn't dry though.Another downside is it is kind of expensive. I paid $30 for the foundation alone, but I don't really mind the cost as long as it makes my skin look good. I bought mine at Ulta and I liked that they matched the color for me. I ended up being Fair, which is the lightest color, and it matches perfectly. When my skin isn't dry it makes my skin look really even and it looks like porcelain almost! I really like mineral foundation rather than liquid. Despite the fact that it's messy I don't think I get near as many breakouts with mineral foundation as I do with liquid. I'm not 100% sure if I'm going to repurchase. I might try the original before I repurchase the matte again. So far, I'm really liking it. I might just need a better moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2010 6:18:00 PM More reviews by classylady2627

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Since I do have eczema, this foundation was recommended to me by the a makeup artist in Sephora whose nephew actually suffered from it also. Its good for me bc I do have sensitive skin, so liquid foundation was not even an option. The only problelm revolving around that is that I have dry skin, so sometimes it does cause my face to itch and flakes a little bit. This foundation is better for ppl with oily/combination skin. It isnt that cheap either, costing about $30, but you do get a lot of product. Although it has the twist and lock thing, sometimes my skin like comes out. Idk how, but it does. Usually, I shimmy it back into the container and everythings fine.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2010 5:00:00 PM More reviews by AmCam28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I tried BE several years ago and the color looked ashy and cakey and my face was shiny. So far, this is better, but I only use it occasionally. I've found that for the coverage I need, concealer and powder works just as well- and is less expensive.

Pros: less messy with new lid, lasts most of the day, nice finish, good color match, minimizes shine.
Cons: expensive, color can change on oily skin, can be drying in the winter, transfers onto clothes, I go through the product quickly & would need to replace often.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2010 10:33:00 AM More reviews by Inca78

I bought this product after using the Bare Escentuals original foundation and thought it would be better. For me, its too matte and it tends to make my pores look enlarged as it doesnt settle nicely like the original one. Im guessing it would be good for those with really really oily skin - but I wont be buying it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2010 2:53:00 PM More reviews by tiffanyyzz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually really like this. I had my eye on this for a while. It looks very natural and the coverage is VERY buildable. You can get sheer to full coverage and still look natural ! I usually go for a medium coverage. I don't use concealer on my cheeks anymore because this does the job for me. I apply it with a bristled kabuki brush. This is definitely matte. Quite pricey but I really like it. Reminds me of the maybelline one. I love the sifter though.

UPDATE! Ended up returning it because the whole mineral thing was getting on my nerves.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2010 8:16:00 PM More reviews by Kaemmm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i got the matte BE mineral foundation last week and started using it the next day. My color is Golden Medium, it matches my neck "perfectly" I got the whole "get started kit" which caused me $70 dollars [plus tax]
I must say that the brushes are a steal, their good quailty, it also comes with a brush cleanser, mineral veil, warmth, and ofc the matte mineral foundation. So far so good using this product, i used to see it on TV all the time, and finally my mom got it for me. This product will unfortunately bring out the flackness of ur skin if you don't moisturize you skin enough. The "max coverage concealer brush" is pretty awesome, it really concentrates on acne/acne scars. Yesterday, i found a way to just use the concealer brush on problem areas first[since the foundation matches my face n everything] then buff over the face with "full flawless face" brush [its basically shaped like a kabuki brush] I so far only use these two brushes [the other one is called " flawless application" i think its for 'warmth'] i haven't used warmth either. i kinda dont want to put too much product on my face. OVERALL; i think this product is pretty okay, although it doesnt cover PERFECTLLY. i didnt expect it to anyways.. have to improve my skin on my own.
btw, the pores looks pretty good when using mineral veil. haha

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2010 6:30:00 PM More reviews by chuckmo

Tried this in Fairly Light and it's a nice match. Their original foundation gaive my face a shiney finish, which is unflattering as i'm oily to begin with. I use a primer and apply the BE with a light hand, and have no problems with it looking powdery or cakey. The coverage is better than than the original. Love the stuff.