November 23, 2014 | 1563 users online

Blush - E.L.F. - Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2011 2:06:00 AM More reviews by melissa101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just purchased this duo last week and OMG the pigmentation on is soo good, the texture is so silky, and smooth, for reference I'm NC30 in Prolongwear, and this duo gives me a soft sun-kissed glow, beautiful and its only 3 dollars!! The pigmentation is so good I actually used it for my eyeshadow this morning while rushing I was for my final ( i don't know if I'm supposed to but I did lol), a little prime and prep & shadow insurance and i was all set in less than 5 min lol

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2011 12:02:00 PM More reviews by elleLuv5

Great product! Never thought I'd get so much out of this $3 duo, I really just wanted to try some ELF product and this was my first. I'm very impressed as it is very pigmented and cheap. Like some, I don't think the blush is a dupe for NARS orgasm because it is much lighter and less shimmery. However, it is still a good blush. I use the bronzer more than the blush as I like to pair it with orgasm. It is rare to for a drug store brand to really get it right and still give us a cheap alternative to higher end brands. Although I don't have the NARS duo I think this ELF duo does the job well!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2011 6:20:00 AM More reviews by nubletta

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not sold. The blush barely shows up on my NC25 skin. The bronzer is a bit muddy on me. I only own Laguna and I prefer Laguna so much better than this duo. Sorry, ELF.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2011 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Hamstershell

This is great for me when I travel. The bronzer has schimmer but it is not obvious, works for contouring or allover to add tan color. The blush has been compared to NARS orgasm but it is really not as intense. There is less gold, and the pink is paler. Still it is a nice subtle color for my NC25-30 skin. Packaging is simple, but sturdy n slim. Easy to pack, n lots of product for this price. Gonna last me forever as u don't need much each time becos it is pigmented.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2011 8:12:00 PM More reviews by kimmyO

I love the bronzer, even though it is shimmery. I use it to contour my cheek bones and temples every day, and it looks very natural on my skin. (i am very pale, so i still blend it out, of course!). I don't really use the blush in this, because its verry light and comes out as just shimmer on me, no color really. I would buy this again, just for the bronzer, at that price.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2011 12:26:00 PM More reviews by classicgirl05

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this duo. I don't have the Nars Orgasm/Laguna duo, so I cannot speak to them being similar, but they work well for me. The colors are pigmented, to the point where one needs to be careful how much they pick up, especially with the bronzer. Both colors look very natural on my light skin. In terms of longevity, I think they are good. Sometimes I put these over a cream blush base and that seems to make them last a bit longer, but even without it, they do well on me, around 6-8 hours depending on what I'm doing and how much I'm sweating.

Unlike some of the other reviewers, I take no issue with the shimmer, I don't know if it's that I have a light hand or what, but I don't see much in that sense in any light. ( if you simply must have a matte contour/bronzer I encourage you to look into E.L.F.'s bronzers in cool and warm, they're totally matte and you have some different shades in the palette to choose from.)

The packaging is really nice, and I appreciate that they haven't littered it with a pointless brush. The one thing that may bother some folks is that the consistency tends towards the powdery side. My own feelings are, 'whatever'. I have had no trouble with this breaking me out, and I have pretty sensitive skin.

Another thing that I do with this set, when I'm in a hurry or feeling lazy, is use the bronzer as a lid color, blended up slightly past the crease and a bit below the lower lash line. It makes me look more 'done', it's easy, natural looking, and the color makes my green eyes pop.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2011 10:23:00 PM More reviews by ChynnaM09

I really love the bronzer for contouring it's just perfect! The blush is okay, though it doesn't really show up on my skin. I still use it sometimes though. I will repurchase this again though!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2011 1:40:00 AM More reviews by Gaijin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love to use the bronzer in this as a contour, I just use a light hand by dipping the brush in the pan instead of swiping it, and it works on my NC20 skintone. I apply it in a 3 pattern along the sides of my face and under my cheekbones, and it gives a nice defined matte look. The blush side I have to work a bit more to get to show up, usually applying 3 layers to get a nice pinky peach flush. I have the Nars duo, and find that Orgasm is more pigmented and peachy in color, with more of an iridescent golden glow finish to it. Would definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2011 1:23:00 AM More reviews by lk1119

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'd say for the price of this item, you have nothing to lose. It's only $3!!! The peachy pink blush side is a versatile color that works on practically all skin tones! It has a little shimmer to it too, but not to the point where you'll look like a disco ball. It gives you a NICE GLOW! I mainly bought this product for the bronzer side though. I don't use it for bronzing, 'cause it's TOO DARK for me. I'm an NC30-35 in MAC and I use the bronzer side for contouring. The only CON to it is that it's a little hard to blend, but it's a PERFECT color for me to contour! I can't complain for the price! 2 for 1. =)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2011 12:29:00 AM More reviews by Sena007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this product! Great to keep in the purse! I love the pigmentation of both the blush and the bronzer!!