E.L.F. Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Sodium Dehydroacetate. MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492 CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red No.40 Lake (CI 16035), Ultramarine Blue (CI 77007).

on 6/30/2011 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

$3 is all you have to buy for an awesome quality blush AND bronzer! Keep in mind this duo is not at all matte, but indeed shimmery. So have a light hand when applying both products. If you have a darker skin complexion I wouldn't recommend this, for the blush and bronzer would be too light. :)

on 6/29/2011 2:08:00 AM

I have a love/hate relationship with this product, mostly love but some days I just can't stand it. While it's a pretty good dupe for NARS duo right down to the packaging, the price sometimes shows. Whoever says the bronzer is matte, they're aren't looking quite so well. It has large flecks of gold shimmer. It gives a nice sun-kissed glow, but apply with a heavy hand and you're left looking muddy and dirty with no forgiveness. Even the blush applied with a heavy hand can look a bit dirty. However when this product wants to work with me, I am in absolute love.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Decent product. The blush is fabulous on so many levels. For one, I love peach hued blushes but they tend to clash with my skintone. So, what do I do? I buy another peach blush but this one really works for me! I tried so hard to get that "universal" blush Orgasm to work for me but it always look odd and crazy shimmery making my pores look like the rocky mountains. I also love that this blush stays on all day and it's very pigmented. It provides the right amount of shimmer that won't showcase pores. The bronzer is.....nice. I mean it's not the best out there but I am pretty fussy with powder bronzers. First of all, this bronzer gives me a small breakout everytime I use it. So, be careful if you have reactive skin. Also, it has tons of tiny sparkles in it. I don't understand how some reviewers are claiming this is matte. It's not a true matte. Providing you use a large powder brush and lightly dust over the face, you do get a glowing sunkissed complexion with this bronzer. If you use too much, it's too metallic and shimmery. Trust me, apply it with a heavy hand and take a good look at yourself in a mirror outside under direct sunlight. Scary huh? Congrats, you now look like a tanned Data. But, one of the most outstanding qualities with this bronzer is the depth and pigmentation of the color. The shade is very natural and doesn't lean muddy or orange-the shade is perfect and that is a huge problem with most bronzers. The pigmentation is superior quality as well and you don't need to layer this. I find that this duo is a great find for the price @ $3.00. If I didn't breakout easily w/ this, I would repurchase.

on 6/22/2011 5:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this product. The bronzer side is the one I use the most because it's not orange and has great pigmentation so you only need the smallest amount on your brush. I don't find it good for contouring since it is a little shimmery and I usually prefer a matte bronzer for that. As for the blush, I don't use it as much since it is far too shimmery for my liking and doesn't show up very well on my skin. I found that I had to layer this several times in order to see it on my skin. Other than that, I think this is a great product for the price and would buy again.

on 6/15/2011 3:20:00 PM

I've come to the conclusion that this is one of the few blushes and bronzers that I can actually pull off.

The blush is a peachy/pink with light shimmer that gives you a peachy glow. It's not too overbearing nor does it disappear once you apply it.

The bronzer is a deeper color with a slight golden shimmer. Very pigmented, so use a light hand.

Use the two together and VOILA. The perfect everyday cheek.

P.S. I've also used the bronzer as a crease shade. It's very nice, but turns a bit orange on me (NC30) so I'll stick to my 'normal' crease shades, but it's worth trying out.

on 6/12/2011 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I LOVE the color of the blush! Its a very natural pinky-orange color, with shimmer so its great for the summer! The bronzer is a tad dark for me, it just makes me look muddy :( But I will repurchase for the blush :)

on 6/11/2011 3:45:00 AM

The color is infused with gold speckles which suits most skintone as it warms the skin creating a pretty gold.

The colors are good, and it last on your skin. I think this is a very good product, and the packaging is sturdy and compact enough to carry at ease anywhere.

on 6/6/2011 5:51:00 AM

REF: NC 25-30, oily skin with dry patched cheeks

Packaging I don't mind at all. It's sturdy and comes with a large mirror like NARS. It feels cheaper than NARS but I still like it better since I really hate the rubber coating that only looks good right out of the box.

The blush side is VERY sheer. I have to take my blush brush and give it a rub in there to get enough product to apply once. I don't mind that it's sheer mind you! That just makes it really easy to put on blush without looking like a clown. What I do mind is that the blush powder does end up flying everywhere in the compact. The pink colour is just enough to make my face lightly flush and I love that. I don't like the obvious I-have-blush-on look.
The bronzer is really pigmented and nothing like the blush. It doesn't fallout in the pan and I have to use a very light hand with this. just one very light tap onto the bronzer and it will be enough for contouring. I will probably run out of blush before bronzer, haha!

The sparkles are bareeely noticeable so it's great!

For 3 bucks, this is totally worth it. I'm glad I waited to find the right bronzer that wouldn't break my wallet at all. This baby is cheaper than a WnW single bronzer and it comes with blush!

on 6/6/2011 4:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Well, it is an OK product and it only cost $3. The bronzer is a little too dark to contour for my NC25 skin unless swipe very slightly. The blush side also has lots of glitters but both side are not very noticeable once applying to the face. The blush color does not show much color on my cheek so I have to applying more than once. Also I had a feeling it slightly enlarge my pore at the cheek bone but it is not very noticeable unless look really closer.

As I said, it is an OK product, nothing really bad about it.
For me, I have better contour products (Kevyn Aucoin Sculping powder or Stila contouring trio) and blushes (Smashbox, RMK, UD) so I don't feel I need to keep this Duo in any way.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Are you kidding me? This compact is AWESOME! Like everyone says, the blush color is Perfect! Peachy-Pink with a little highlight. It's not as shimmery as Orgasm, which is exactly what I was looking for. The Bronzer is perfect for contouring your cheekbones, neck and temples. It's very pigmented and is totally matte. The color is not orange-y at all. It's alot bigger than I was expecting, so there's actually room when you swipe your brush over one color or the other. It doesn't end up all mixed and nasty. I can't believe the price for this. I feel so stupid now, all my Nars blushes are just sitting in my drawer all bummed out and lonely. I wish I knew how much I'd end up loving this. I want one in my bathroom, my purse, and my car. ELF is the bomb!

Video Reviews & Tutorials