January 28, 2015 | 1087 users online

Blush - E.L.F. - Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2011 2:56:00 PM More reviews by channingto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I am NC30-35 for reference.. I use the bronzer side for contouring.. when I tried to use it as a bronzer with a blush brush, the color didn't show up very well on me (maybe it was just the brush not being very dense.. but I've used it with other blushes and it works), so I used it with a fluffy eyeshadow (blending) brush (sigma's version of MAC's 224) and it works GREAT for contouring. I'm able to get right in the hollows of my cheekbone but since the brush is fluffy, it blends out easily as well.

I don't use the blush much because it hardly shows up and I don't like glitter in my blushes, which this has tons of. My guess would be that the blush would work better for those that are more fair skinned.

10/18/11
I use this EVERY SINGLE DAY now. I use it with my MAC 109 brush to contour/bronze up my face. Sometimes after contouring the hollows of my cheeks, I bring it up to my cheek bones (where I would normally put blush) and use it as a bronzer for color. I don't really use blush at all, and I prefer the look of bronzer so that's what I do.

04/10/12
I still use this EVERYDAY! Sometimes I switch it up with my NYX matte bronzer but I love this thing.. I keep going back to it! I really really wish ELF made this in just a single bronzer pan though.. I still don't use the blush.. ever because it doesn't show up except for the glitter.. I now don't use my MAC 109 brush with this because I had some patchy areas and that brush was too dense to apply the color smoothly/evenly and was harder to blend because it packed on a lot more color. I now use the sigma large angled contour brush F40 for it and I love it! Perfect. (My friend said this duo didn't work for her and gave me hers and I was saving it as a backup but when I swatched it, it had a lot of red undertones in it unlike the brown one I had... So I guess there may be a few duds here and there... but it's $3! I don't mind!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2011 1:20:00 AM More reviews by rxhope2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got this duo because lots of people called it a dupe for Nars Orgasm/Laguna. I have the Nars Orgasm blush and it's not really the same. I think Nars is more pigmented and shows up better on my skin. I mainly use this for the bronzer. I don't own Laguna so I can't compare. Love the price though!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2011 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Jdazzler15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

I like this product a lot, but it isn't my go to blush & bronzer. The reason for this is that the bronzer is pretty dark for my super light skin. I can still make it work, but I have to use a super light hand. I think the main reason I just don't use this all the time is that I have a go to bronzer I like more, NYC Sunny. I don't use blush much, but this is a nice one, if you are into blushes that are non matte. I really like the packaging! I would recommend this to everyone who just wants to try out a new product. It was only $3, which is a total steal for 2 products!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2011 8:44:00 PM More reviews by Kamee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love this duo and if I ever run out, I'd buy it again. I don't really use the blush since the color goes on light for me. I'm a NC 30. I would have to really pack it on for me to get some pigmentation. I think if you are fair skinned, the blush would be perfect for you. However, I really do love the bronzer. I use it everyday for contouring and it's perfect. Doesn't look orange or muddy, and I can hardly see the shimmer. I can't say this is a dupe for the more expensive Nars version, but I've seen and tested the blush. If anything, the ELF version is much lighter on the shimmer, which is perfect. First time I saw the Nars, I really wondered why so many people enjoy it since it looks like a disco ball in the pan and pink/gold aluminum on my finger. ELF's version however is perfect for my taste. And it seems to be paraben free so that's a plus too....

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2011 8:03:00 PM More reviews by Angelwing1020

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is alright. Don't buy if you hate shimmery and or gold flecks.
It is pigmented so use a light hand. Use a very fluffy brush especially with the bronzer or it'll be streaky and hard to blend. Minimum fall out.

EDIT: I am in love with the bronzer now. It's not completely matte, but it's not so shimmery that you can't use it to contour with.

Love the packaging, definitely worth your money. I would recommend this and I would buy it again if I ever ran out of this (I don't wear blush and or bronzer everyday and I've had this for 2 and a half years). How long it's been in my makeup box is crazy, but I do use those makeup sanitizing sprays and wipe off the top layer with a tissue often.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2011 10:07:00 AM More reviews by Gizem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the most hated product of all the makeup I have bought through out my life. The blush is so glittery, powdery and the color is off. The bronzer is just ridiculous. It looks like mud with gold glitter. I don't get how anyone could wear this as everyday makeup, maybe it would work for a carnaval. I would not recommend this if you want to wear makeup and still look natural, because this will scream that you are wearing makeup You really don't get any quality with this product, I absolutely hate this.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2011 9:45:00 AM More reviews by FizzyBaybii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I loved this product. I expected it to suck since people were complaining about the "sparkles" and pigmentation, but I love it! I took a lippie off because it was a bit too powdery. But otherwise, it was amazing! I love the packaging, similar to Nars. I took a lippie off because when I opened it the first time the mirror fell out! I pressed it back in and it's been fine since then, though. I'd buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2011 2:06:00 AM More reviews by melissa101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just purchased this duo last week and OMG the pigmentation on is soo good, the texture is so silky, and smooth, for reference I'm NC30 in Prolongwear, and this duo gives me a soft sun-kissed glow, beautiful and its only 3 dollars!! The pigmentation is so good I actually used it for my eyeshadow this morning while rushing I was for my final ( i don't know if I'm supposed to but I did lol), a little prime and prep & shadow insurance and i was all set in less than 5 min lol

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2011 12:02:00 PM More reviews by elleLuv5

Great product! Never thought I'd get so much out of this $3 duo, I really just wanted to try some ELF product and this was my first. I'm very impressed as it is very pigmented and cheap. Like some, I don't think the blush is a dupe for NARS orgasm because it is much lighter and less shimmery. However, it is still a good blush. I use the bronzer more than the blush as I like to pair it with orgasm. It is rare to for a drug store brand to really get it right and still give us a cheap alternative to higher end brands. Although I don't have the NARS duo I think this ELF duo does the job well!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2011 6:20:00 AM More reviews by nubletta

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not sold. The blush barely shows up on my NC25 skin. The bronzer is a bit muddy on me. I only own Laguna and I prefer Laguna so much better than this duo. Sorry, ELF.