September 30, 2014 | 1597 users online

Blush - E.L.F. - Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2011 1:40:00 AM More reviews by Gaijin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love to use the bronzer in this as a contour, I just use a light hand by dipping the brush in the pan instead of swiping it, and it works on my NC20 skintone. I apply it in a 3 pattern along the sides of my face and under my cheekbones, and it gives a nice defined matte look. The blush side I have to work a bit more to get to show up, usually applying 3 layers to get a nice pinky peach flush. I have the Nars duo, and find that Orgasm is more pigmented and peachy in color, with more of an iridescent golden glow finish to it. Would definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2011 1:23:00 AM More reviews by lk1119

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'd say for the price of this item, you have nothing to lose. It's only $3!!! The peachy pink blush side is a versatile color that works on practically all skin tones! It has a little shimmer to it too, but not to the point where you'll look like a disco ball. It gives you a NICE GLOW! I mainly bought this product for the bronzer side though. I don't use it for bronzing, 'cause it's TOO DARK for me. I'm an NC30-35 in MAC and I use the bronzer side for contouring. The only CON to it is that it's a little hard to blend, but it's a PERFECT color for me to contour! I can't complain for the price! 2 for 1. =)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2011 12:29:00 AM More reviews by Sena007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this product! Great to keep in the purse! I love the pigmentation of both the blush and the bronzer!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2011 1:05:00 AM More reviews by YimK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The bronzing side is nice. It's too dark for me so I strictly use it for contouring or for a more dramatic bronzed look for nights out. I like that it doesn't have any red undertones, but isn't muddy either. It has tiny gold shimmer in the pan, but its nearly undetectable on the face. I wish ELF sold this separately because I would like a bigger size of it. You barely need any product so this will last me a while. The only thing I don't like about it is that its a little hard to blend but its do-able. I would have rated this product a 4 separately.

I HATE the blush side. The color itself is a nice peachy pink, but it has huge chunks of glitter in it. I'm a person that likes shimmery blushes but this is a little ridiculous. The color also tends to oxidize on me and looks orange and patchy at the end of the day. I would have rated this a 1 separately because I hated it that much. Definitely do not recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2011 7:37:00 PM More reviews by DiscoPandaGoGo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I ended up buying this product because a dear friend of mine turned me onto E.L.F. so as to try some products... I bought a few. This was one of them, I do not have the NARS duo so I can't really say how good of a dupe it is just yet. As for the product by itself, not being a dupe, it's a very nice one. I love the packaging and how they seem to kind of be "copying" NARS packaging, so it's sturdy. I don't have to worry about dropping it on my carpet and it breaking off into a trillion pieces like some products. Plus it's sleek, no bulky packaging to force into my makeup bag on a daily basis.
Now, onto the blush, I like the color, it's a soft coraly pink, with golden shimmer. You only need the slightly bit of this blush in order to get a nice color on your cheeks if you're pale like me (NC15/NC20 in summer) so you have to be careful at the same time. Don't swirl the brush in the blush and expect to get a light flush, you'll end up looking like a clown. It also shows up matte on me... I know a lot of darker girls have said they look like a glitter bomb... but the shimmer does not show up on me at all.
The bronzer is a bit on the dark side for me, but it's not too warm either. I like it for a light contour and a slight bit on my forehead for shape. If you are light like me... you have to be REALLY careful with this color, the lightest touch into the powder will do, and tap off excess to make sure you don't look like a bronze mess instead of a bronze goddess.
All in all, I think you can make this duo work for you if you try... though everyone is different. I don't see myself needing to repurchase for a long time, but if my duo was to break or something, or I lost it, I would gladly repurchase for $3 xD who wouldn't?

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2011 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Leahrm23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this as a NARS dupe just to try it out and I was looking for another bronzer. First of all I love the ELF studio line packaging. This duo was not chalky at all to me. One good/bad thing about this duo for me is that it is super pigmented. I only need to barely tap my brush to get more than enough product. As far as the bronzer goes, I have to have a very light hand with this stuff. The blush is nice, but once again a very light touch is all I need. The colors are not my favorite blush/bronzer combo, but I will use them. I still reach for my NYC SUnny bronzer first and my BB blush first too. I would buy this product again, but I think its going to last me a looong time!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2011 9:29:00 PM More reviews by alliemily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this duo! I have been searching for an inexpensive blush and bronzer that doesn't break me out for the longest time, and this is it. I'm going to buy like 20 backups.
The blush is very subtle on my NW20 skin, and the bronzer is perfect for bronzing and contouring.
I'm obsessed and use it every day. And it was like, what, three bucks? talk about college budget!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2011 6:07:00 PM More reviews by ManhattanMermaid

This duo is awesome. I heard it was a dupe for NARS Orgasm blush and Laguna bronzer. I no longer have Orgasm to compare it to, but from memory it does seem close. As far as being compared to Laguna, it is very similar, although Laguna comes off a little lighter and golden on my NC25-30 skintone. The ELF bronzer is a little deeper and more taupe, which is a great for contouring. There is a little shimmer in the bronzer, but not so much to deter a contouring effect as the shimmer virtually disapears on the skin. The product is not as buttery smooth to the touch as NARS, and the pigmentation of the coral blush is low, but all in all this is a great product. Be it an exact dupe for NARS or not, and is worth the $3. I will be repurchasing again, as I find myself using the bronzer to contour daily.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2011 1:26:00 PM More reviews by silverwing

I have very little experience with bronzer. The only other one I have ever used was NYC Sunny, and that was years ago. I apply this with a stipple brush to ensure a light hand. I use this frequently to even out my skin on days when I'm not wearing foundation. While I think this works fine I do have to work at it to blend.

This blush is very pretty. However it is very similar to another ELF blush, Candid Coral. While not exactly the same in the pan, I cannot tell a difference between the two on the skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2011 2:26:00 AM More reviews by luvbug753

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For the price this product is good. The color payoff is moderate (Im about an NC 25 to 35 skin tone) which I don't mind for my everyday blush/bronzer.
My only real complaint is that the blush has glitter chunks in it and even when applied only to apples of cheek the glitter moves all over my face. For that reason I will not be repurchasing.