E.L.F. Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Sodium Dehydroacetate. MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492 CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red No.40 Lake (CI 16035), Ultramarine Blue (CI 77007).

I think this product is definitely worth the $3. The blush is such a pretty color and I love the light peachy pink color it adds to my cheeks. I've never used the Nars orgasm so I can't really compare the two. The bronzing powder is slightly too dark for me but, when applied lightly, it can have the prettiest bronzy sheen . Both powders do contain shimmer but it's not excessive. I think it looks great, especially on sunny days.
I do find myself having to reapply a few times throughout the day but other than that, it's great. I would definitely recommend this product to those of you who are looking for a great contouring set but are on a budget. Plus, the mirror is huge :)

on 5/25/2011 3:12:00 AM

My go to Compact. Keep one in my makeup bag and one as a back up. When I'm in a hurry this is an awesome combo and its not only a time saver somedays this is what I truly pick to use. Blush is buildable so I can go bold for night or soft for day time. Bronzer I use to contour and on my neck for that summer boost.
Try it You may just like it and since its so cheap you cant go wrong.

on 5/24/2011 12:16:00 PM

yes this is a dupe for NARS Highlighting/Bronzing Blush Duo for a fraction of the price. i'm nc 15 and i can only use the blush which is a nice peachy pink and has pretty good lasting power. i tried the bronzer and it's not suitable for my complexion. it almost makes my face look dirty and way too dark for me. my co-worker got the NARS one and she tried mine and said it's pretty much no difference except the bronzer in NARS shows better color. i got this with 50% off for like $1.5 and versus the $39 plus tax my co-worker paid. i'd definitely get this again although i'm only using the blush, but i doubt i'll run out anytime soon.

on 5/23/2011 10:04:00 PM

How can they sell this great product for three dollars! It is amazingly good! Both the blush and the bronzer are highly pigmented, so go light and use a BIG brush for the bronzer. You simply can't beat this for the money. And I love HIGH END cosmetics. Heck, I'll keep this in my glove compartment....

on 5/23/2011 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool

Such pretty colors! I'm nc44, and the product shows up on my skin. However for the blush portion i have to reapply a few times to get it to show, but the bronzer looks beautiful on my skin.
I highly recommended it, esp. because it's soo cheap!

on 5/22/2011 6:41:00 PM

I love this product! I'll keep it short and sweet. I have fair skin and before it got warmer out I was scared to use the bronzer because its pretty dark, but know i love it! It's matte and perfect to contouring and just adding color. The blush i such a pretty coral peachy pink. I have hit pan on it and when i run out am going to buy a new one. Its so easy just to throw in your bag and you have your entire face colors! The mirror is so nice and big! Plus its only 3 buck how can you beat that! If you have fair skin I recommend a light hand with the bronzer on only hit the spots where the sun hit.

on 5/18/2011 11:47:00 AM

This was a great product to try since it's so cheap and there was so much hype around it. I had to wait weeks before it was in stalk, but generally this is a disappointment.
The blush does show up on my skin but it turns into a weird orange color. More like I put on a bronzer than blush, and it fades weirdly so sometimes I would just be left with a chuck of orange color on my cheek. Not attractive at all.
As for the bronzer, I can't really tell if it's there if I use lightly, as it mixes with the color of the blush on my cheeks, which is fine I guess. I mean, I don't want two different streaks of color, but it does no kind of contouring. But if I use too heavy a hand then my face just looks brown. And once again it does not last.

on 5/16/2011 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I am NC30-35 for reference.. I use the bronzer side for contouring.. when I tried to use it as a bronzer with a blush brush, the color didn't show up very well on me (maybe it was just the brush not being very dense.. but I've used it with other blushes and it works), so I used it with a fluffy eyeshadow (blending) brush (sigma's version of MAC's 224) and it works GREAT for contouring. I'm able to get right in the hollows of my cheekbone but since the brush is fluffy, it blends out easily as well.

I don't use the blush much because it hardly shows up and I don't like glitter in my blushes, which this has tons of. My guess would be that the blush would work better for those that are more fair skinned.

10/18/11
I use this EVERY SINGLE DAY now. I use it with my MAC 109 brush to contour/bronze up my face. Sometimes after contouring the hollows of my cheeks, I bring it up to my cheek bones (where I would normally put blush) and use it as a bronzer for color. I don't really use blush at all, and I prefer the look of bronzer so that's what I do.

04/10/12
I still use this EVERYDAY! Sometimes I switch it up with my NYX matte bronzer but I love this thing.. I keep going back to it! I really really wish ELF made this in just a single bronzer pan though.. I still don't use the blush.. ever because it doesn't show up except for the glitter.. I now don't use my MAC 109 brush with this because I had some patchy areas and that brush was too dense to apply the color smoothly/evenly and was harder to blend because it packed on a lot more color. I now use the sigma large angled contour brush F40 for it and I love it! Perfect. (My friend said this duo didn't work for her and gave me hers and I was saving it as a backup but when I swatched it, it had a lot of red undertones in it unlike the brown one I had... So I guess there may be a few duds here and there... but it's $3! I don't mind!

on 5/15/2011 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Got this duo because lots of people called it a dupe for Nars Orgasm/Laguna. I have the Nars Orgasm blush and it's not really the same. I think Nars is more pigmented and shows up better on my skin. I mainly use this for the bronzer. I don't own Laguna so I can't compare. Love the price though!

on 5/14/2011 1:00:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I like this product a lot, but it isn't my go to blush & bronzer. The reason for this is that the bronzer is pretty dark for my super light skin. I can still make it work, but I have to use a super light hand. I think the main reason I just don't use this all the time is that I have a go to bronzer I like more, NYC Sunny. I don't use blush much, but this is a nice one, if you are into blushes that are non matte. I really like the packaging! I would recommend this to everyone who just wants to try out a new product. It was only $3, which is a total steal for 2 products!

Popular Blush Products