December 21, 2014 | 1789 users online

Blush - E.L.F. - Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2011 8:44:00 PM More reviews by Kamee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love this duo and if I ever run out, I'd buy it again. I don't really use the blush since the color goes on light for me. I'm a NC 30. I would have to really pack it on for me to get some pigmentation. I think if you are fair skinned, the blush would be perfect for you. However, I really do love the bronzer. I use it everyday for contouring and it's perfect. Doesn't look orange or muddy, and I can hardly see the shimmer. I can't say this is a dupe for the more expensive Nars version, but I've seen and tested the blush. If anything, the ELF version is much lighter on the shimmer, which is perfect. First time I saw the Nars, I really wondered why so many people enjoy it since it looks like a disco ball in the pan and pink/gold aluminum on my finger. ELF's version however is perfect for my taste. And it seems to be paraben free so that's a plus too....

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2011 8:03:00 PM More reviews by Angelwing1020

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is alright. Don't buy if you hate shimmery and or gold flecks.
It is pigmented so use a light hand. Use a very fluffy brush especially with the bronzer or it'll be streaky and hard to blend. Minimum fall out.

EDIT: I am in love with the bronzer now. It's not completely matte, but it's not so shimmery that you can't use it to contour with.

Love the packaging, definitely worth your money. I would recommend this and I would buy it again if I ever ran out of this (I don't wear blush and or bronzer everyday and I've had this for 2 and a half years). How long it's been in my makeup box is crazy, but I do use those makeup sanitizing sprays and wipe off the top layer with a tissue often.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2011 10:07:00 AM More reviews by Gizem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the most hated product of all the makeup I have bought through out my life. The blush is so glittery, powdery and the color is off. The bronzer is just ridiculous. It looks like mud with gold glitter. I don't get how anyone could wear this as everyday makeup, maybe it would work for a carnaval. I would not recommend this if you want to wear makeup and still look natural, because this will scream that you are wearing makeup You really don't get any quality with this product, I absolutely hate this.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2011 9:45:00 AM More reviews by FizzyBaybii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I loved this product. I expected it to suck since people were complaining about the "sparkles" and pigmentation, but I love it! I took a lippie off because it was a bit too powdery. But otherwise, it was amazing! I love the packaging, similar to Nars. I took a lippie off because when I opened it the first time the mirror fell out! I pressed it back in and it's been fine since then, though. I'd buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2011 2:06:00 AM More reviews by melissa101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just purchased this duo last week and OMG the pigmentation on is soo good, the texture is so silky, and smooth, for reference I'm NC30 in Prolongwear, and this duo gives me a soft sun-kissed glow, beautiful and its only 3 dollars!! The pigmentation is so good I actually used it for my eyeshadow this morning while rushing I was for my final ( i don't know if I'm supposed to but I did lol), a little prime and prep & shadow insurance and i was all set in less than 5 min lol

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2011 12:02:00 PM More reviews by elleLuv5

Great product! Never thought I'd get so much out of this $3 duo, I really just wanted to try some ELF product and this was my first. I'm very impressed as it is very pigmented and cheap. Like some, I don't think the blush is a dupe for NARS orgasm because it is much lighter and less shimmery. However, it is still a good blush. I use the bronzer more than the blush as I like to pair it with orgasm. It is rare to for a drug store brand to really get it right and still give us a cheap alternative to higher end brands. Although I don't have the NARS duo I think this ELF duo does the job well!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2011 6:20:00 AM More reviews by nubletta

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not sold. The blush barely shows up on my NC25 skin. The bronzer is a bit muddy on me. I only own Laguna and I prefer Laguna so much better than this duo. Sorry, ELF.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2011 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Hamstershell

This is great for me when I travel. The bronzer has schimmer but it is not obvious, works for contouring or allover to add tan color. The blush has been compared to NARS orgasm but it is really not as intense. There is less gold, and the pink is paler. Still it is a nice subtle color for my NC25-30 skin. Packaging is simple, but sturdy n slim. Easy to pack, n lots of product for this price. Gonna last me forever as u don't need much each time becos it is pigmented.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2011 8:12:00 PM More reviews by kimmyO

I love the bronzer, even though it is shimmery. I use it to contour my cheek bones and temples every day, and it looks very natural on my skin. (i am very pale, so i still blend it out, of course!). I don't really use the blush in this, because its verry light and comes out as just shimmer on me, no color really. I would buy this again, just for the bronzer, at that price.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2011 12:26:00 PM More reviews by classicgirl05

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this duo. I don't have the Nars Orgasm/Laguna duo, so I cannot speak to them being similar, but they work well for me. The colors are pigmented, to the point where one needs to be careful how much they pick up, especially with the bronzer. Both colors look very natural on my light skin. In terms of longevity, I think they are good. Sometimes I put these over a cream blush base and that seems to make them last a bit longer, but even without it, they do well on me, around 6-8 hours depending on what I'm doing and how much I'm sweating.

Unlike some of the other reviewers, I take no issue with the shimmer, I don't know if it's that I have a light hand or what, but I don't see much in that sense in any light. ( if you simply must have a matte contour/bronzer I encourage you to look into E.L.F.'s bronzers in cool and warm, they're totally matte and you have some different shades in the palette to choose from.)

The packaging is really nice, and I appreciate that they haven't littered it with a pointless brush. The one thing that may bother some folks is that the consistency tends towards the powdery side. My own feelings are, 'whatever'. I have had no trouble with this breaking me out, and I have pretty sensitive skin.

Another thing that I do with this set, when I'm in a hurry or feeling lazy, is use the bronzer as a lid color, blended up slightly past the crease and a bit below the lower lash line. It makes me look more 'done', it's easy, natural looking, and the color makes my green eyes pop.