April 19, 2014 | 1592 users online

Blush - E.L.F. - Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2011 4:01:00 AM More reviews by pinkandgreendotz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like the concept of this product, but it just doesn't work for me. My main problem is the massive amount of shimmer/glitter in this product. Both the blush and the bronzer are just chock-full of glitter, which I definitely don't understand why the bronzer has so much glitter in it since it's supposed to be a contour powder. Since when were glittery cheek hollows flattering? On top of that the blush may be the most shimmery/glittery blush I've ever even seen and it's just terrible, the color barely actually shows up (I'm extremely pale FYI), and the shimmer does nothing but emphasize my pores. I think that the shade of the contour powder can work and be flattering on a lot of skin tones, so it's not a total waste, but I wouldn't bother repurchasing it. I think for contouring you're just better off using an actual face powder that's 3 shades darker than your skin tone, you'll look much more natural than you will with this glittery mess!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2011 11:36:00 PM More reviews by viesugiarto

i'm not really into a bronzer, and i think this bronzer is too dark for me, so i just skip it for a long time :p
One day, i took the bronzer and put it on my cheek bones, i used for contouring my cheek and,,,,voilaa,,,my cheek bones are more defined...i love it since :)
I love the blush very much! I love the color but it doesn't stay long so yeah, i take one lippie for that.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2011 8:44:00 AM More reviews by ladybubblepop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was sooo pleasantly surprised buy this blush/bronzer palette.
At least for lighter skin, this product is perfect :D

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2011 8:52:00 PM More reviews by MaeghanMakeupp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really dislike this duo. Especially the bronzer. I put the bronzer on and could not get it to blend. I used about 4 different brushes trying to get this brown spot of color on my face to move and it just wouldn't budge. I don't know why because I've never had a product do anything like that before. I applied it just like I do all my other bronzers (3B) and when I put it on my forehead thats where it was staying, in one big brown blob. The blush is decent. Not something I reach for very often mostly just because it isn't very pigmented and I have other ones I like way better. Overall, this is a terrible product that I would never repurchase or recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2011 5:54:00 PM More reviews by danyell2425

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm on my 3rd duo. I love it. The blush is AMAZING. It's a dupe for NARS Orgasm. It has a little shimmer but not over the top. It honestly looks great on almost any skintone and has great staying power. I use the bronzer for contour but def use a very light hand. It is very pigmented and dark. But overall it's amazing!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2011 11:35:00 PM More reviews by AmyRuth23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is so cute and sleek! The blush and bronzer are so amazing too. I really like the bronzer, but it is somewhat dark for my fair skin. Also, I enjoy bright pink blushes and this blush was really light and shimmery. But the product isn't a bright blush so I shouldn't complain! I think it was great, and I always wanted to buy the NARS Laguna/Orgasm, but now I do not feel the need to. This is soooo cheap! It works great, and looks great. Buy it!
**EDIT:
I have not used this again after my first few times using it. I know its cheap, but unless you're going to reach for it all the time you shouldn't bother. It's a little too orange and the blush is too light.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Thugluvgrl187

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like the blush side. It is such a pretty color. The bronzer side is ok but I had to use it really lightly because it is really pigmented and dark.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2011 4:16:00 PM More reviews by autumnus88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have a love/hate relationship with this duo! The price, packaging, and pigmentation is AMAZING but I can't stand the shimmer! Some people think the brozer is too dark, but I think you really just need to use a light hand when applying it. The blush is a beautiful color that I think would look awesome on pretty much any skin tone. It can be applied lightly for a understated look or applied more heavily for a more dramatic look. I still use this product because I love the colors and the convienence of having the two together, but I HATE the sparkle. If ELF would make a matte version, I would seriously but over and over again. Quality products, great staying power!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2011 3:37:00 AM More reviews by natashaish

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The packaging is wonderful, especially for the price. However, the bronzer doesn't really show up on my skin. I'm only an NC30.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2011 3:03:00 AM More reviews by LaDiscotheque

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because I was looking for a good contouring powder, and because it seemed convenient to have a blush right there beside it as well. For only $3, this very nice looking compact was a definite steal.

My thoughts on the packaging:
I really like the packaging on this. It's nice and sturdy, obviously an attempted dupe of the NARS blushes and is therefore sleek, and comes with a big mirror. It's a little bit big and bulky, but that's just because there's a lot of product.

The contour side:
This bronzer is very pigmented, so I use a light hand because I have fair skin. I literally just tap the end of my brush into it, and that's enough. The two downsides of this powder are that it is shimmery, which is not ideal for contouring, and it has a slightly too red-ish undertone to look very realistic, at least on me. It does make a great bronzer though! The colour is just right for a sun-kissed look, and my friends even commented that I looked nicely tan, and wanted to know whether it was real or if it was just a great bronzer. For me, this really doesn't work for jawline or cheekbone contouring, but I do use it occasionally on my forehead and nose to darken and diminish them slightly.

The blush side:
This side has really not been of any use to me. Either it is not very pigmented, or it's just too light (I have quite light skin though), because it really does not show up very well on my cheeks. And if I try to pack it on more to get more colour payoff, it just turns into a glitter explosion. I could maybe use this as a highlight, but to be honest I'm not a fan of glittery face products at all.

Conclusion:
It was definitely worth the $3, but I would not purchase this again. Firstly, the one I have will probably last me forever because I need so little of the bronzer, but if it should ever run out, I could probably find another bronzer that was just as good, with less shimmer, and without the useless blush attached to it. I just don't think this product was of enough use to me personally, and wasn't entirely what I was looking for. If you're looking for a contouring shade, this is definitely not it. However, if you're looking for a shimmery light blush and a shimmery good bronzer that is inexpensive with nicer packaging than what you would usually get for the money, I would say go for it!