August 29, 2014 | 1241 users online

Blush - E.L.F. - Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2011 9:29:00 PM More reviews by alliemily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this duo! I have been searching for an inexpensive blush and bronzer that doesn't break me out for the longest time, and this is it. I'm going to buy like 20 backups.
The blush is very subtle on my NW20 skin, and the bronzer is perfect for bronzing and contouring.
I'm obsessed and use it every day. And it was like, what, three bucks? talk about college budget!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2011 6:07:00 PM More reviews by ManhattanMermaid

This duo is awesome. I heard it was a dupe for NARS Orgasm blush and Laguna bronzer. I no longer have Orgasm to compare it to, but from memory it does seem close. As far as being compared to Laguna, it is very similar, although Laguna comes off a little lighter and golden on my NC25-30 skintone. The ELF bronzer is a little deeper and more taupe, which is a great for contouring. There is a little shimmer in the bronzer, but not so much to deter a contouring effect as the shimmer virtually disapears on the skin. The product is not as buttery smooth to the touch as NARS, and the pigmentation of the coral blush is low, but all in all this is a great product. Be it an exact dupe for NARS or not, and is worth the $3. I will be repurchasing again, as I find myself using the bronzer to contour daily.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2011 1:26:00 PM More reviews by silverwing

I have very little experience with bronzer. The only other one I have ever used was NYC Sunny, and that was years ago. I apply this with a stipple brush to ensure a light hand. I use this frequently to even out my skin on days when I'm not wearing foundation. While I think this works fine I do have to work at it to blend.

This blush is very pretty. However it is very similar to another ELF blush, Candid Coral. While not exactly the same in the pan, I cannot tell a difference between the two on the skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2011 2:26:00 AM More reviews by luvbug753

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For the price this product is good. The color payoff is moderate (Im about an NC 25 to 35 skin tone) which I don't mind for my everyday blush/bronzer.
My only real complaint is that the blush has glitter chunks in it and even when applied only to apples of cheek the glitter moves all over my face. For that reason I will not be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2011 12:44:00 AM More reviews by Stef83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Way too shimmery for my liking...I agree with alot of other people on here- they should make a matte version!!! E.L.F are you listening?!?!?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2011 4:42:00 PM More reviews by volshorn08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

What really sold me on this is when I was looking through some pictures, there was one in which my cheeks looked absolutely awesome. Sculpted, perfect color, and made me look just stunning. It took me a little while to remember what I had used that night to look so good. It was this duo. Who knew a simple $3 compact of bronzer and peachy pink blush could do such wonders? Granted, technique, application, and brushes play a role. Still, these colors work amazingly on my complexion (medium, golden) and I love this duo.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by lisses11

First let me start by saying Im new to elf and overall, Im pretty impressed. Ive become a mac/sephora/nordstrom only snob and well shoot, Im on a budget! This duo is pretty damn good. The bronzer actually blends in pretty well. ALthough the blush does require a few layers on my face (NC 35), the result if pretty good. I have a very similar shade from Sephora's signature line, and I think they are pretty much on par. I do use UDPP as a primer and finish with a spray, but it lasts pretty long too. The packaging appears fairly high end, and is heavy which I like...it doesnt seem like a light drop would leave it fractured.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2011 1:53:00 AM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I cant believe i havent reviewed this yet since i own just about all of the elf products except some mineral line and some of the newer studio line products since they keep getting more pricey. (yes to me $6 is a bit pricey since you got to pay shipping so its around $7 so i think i could find or just use my cheaper or around the same price drugstore makeup so i dont have to wait for them to ship since the only thing i mean the ONLY thing i dont like about ELF is their shipping/customer service, its disgusting)~
~PRICE/AVAILABILITY~~
The Elf Studio Contouring Bronzer &Blush Duo is available on the eyeslipsface site as well as at some Target and Kmart stores. I have also seen Elf available at Sears Grand. The price is $3 which is great esp if you love either or both. I love the price esp since they seem to keep raising prices on the studio line products but $3 is great for two products!
~~SHADE/FORMULA/PERFORMANCE~~
The Bronzer & Blush duo is only available in one shade (which they would release more w/ different blushes & the bronzer or another bronzer, wouldnt that be wonderful?) This duo is often compared to the Nars Orgasm & Laguna duo which is way more expensive which id imagine is better quality but for $3- this works just well for me & could never imagine paying $40 for any makeup product, sorry. This one comes in the shade Bronze/Blushed. First, ill start off with the blush- this blush isnt the most pigmented blush ever but with my pale skin, it works just fine. This blush is similar to the Elf Studio blush in "Candid Coral" but just a touch less pigmented. The blush is a coral with golden shimmer. its a peachy pink coral- the shimmers do run a tad chunky but not too bad. You will get a glow to the cheeks once applied. Some of the glitters will fall off w/ a tap of your brush. This blush will work well for light to medium skintones but may end up being better as a highlighter for darker skintones since it tends to be sheer. It can be built up slightly. The blush is great for any eye look and all seasons. & corals are great on cool or warm & neutral undertones. The bronzer- this is a milk chocolate bronzer with a touch of golden shimmer that barely runs through this so it shows up more matte on the skin so it can be used for contouring. This is a bit too dark for my pale complexion but i can work with it- if i use a dense brush & pick up a tiny bit of product- a little goes a long way for me & i def like to use a kabuki brush to blend it out properly so it dont look too harsh. If i get a little tan in the summer, i dont have to do so much work. This works well with med to darker skin tones. It leans more neutral to warm for me once applied to skin. This i find is less orange then NYC Sunny bronzer so it looks more natural.
This duo is pressed well and you may find some loose powder in the pan once you tap your brush in either side. Make sure to tap off excess off your brushes. This will help prevent fall out of loose powder as well as excess powder than may fall off on your face. I expect this with less expensive powders so its no big deal to me. I always tap off excess esp w/ my pale complexion. i only need a little bit so a little goes a long way. i think this duo is great all year round- from spring to summer to fall to winter... its great to have two products that can be worn on a daily basis.
~~PACKAGING~~
The Studio Contouring Blush & Bronzer duo come in a nice black compact that snaps open and shut easily. The Elf logo & product name is located on the top lid in white writing. The shade name is located on the bottom on a small sticker. Inside is nice and sleek as well. The inside top lid is a full sized mirror that is great for traveling- its nice to have one just in case. The bottom part is where the two same size pans of blush & bronzer are. The pans are great sized and run deep- ive not hit pan or barely made a dent in either. I will probably hit pan on the blush first since i use less of the bronzer but yet sometimes i reach for this to only use the bronzer so who knows?- thats why i wish they would sell the bronzer separately so i dont have to purchase the blush again since i own all the elf studio blushes. This weighs about 3 oz. So i feel i def got my moneys worth and the packaging is reminiscent of Nars Laguna/Orgasm duo. Which the Elf Studio packaging is nice- not cheap looking! i love it!
Overall, i really do love this duo! It has two great products. It would be nice if they would release more options whether it be different blushes with this bronzer or sell the bronzer alone but i will repurchase if i need to & def recommend to anyone! if you are looking for a bronzer to contour with, this should work! and the blush is pretty- not the best but still very pretty and can be worn year round! This is great to slip in your bags esp for a trip or vacation bc this will take up room for two products, not just one! and who doesnt love a makeup company that doesnt test on poor innocent animals?!- I love cruelty free makeup thats affordable- its a godsend!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2011 11:11:00 PM More reviews by mellliiisssuh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this product makes me so mad. makes me want to burn down the e.l.f factory because they shouldn't sell this crap to people. the only nice thing is the packaging, similar to nars. clearly thats where all the money went in to making this product instead of the actual blush/bronzer. WHY did they use the word contour in this? products with shimmer( which there is a LOT of cheap shimmer) are going to attract light, which defeats the purpose of contouring. the blush is a pretty color, but it has so much shimmer it made me look so oily/sweaty and it sits in and accentuates any pores. ew. and the bronzer! if there is a touch of it on your brush, and then you put it on your face, it litterally won't move. the definition of unblendable. even after buffing with a kabuki for a few minutes. never mind its an ugly color. and has unnecessary amounts of shimmer. so yeah, this product is just effing awful. end vicious rant.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2011 9:01:00 PM More reviews by makeuplab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE this product!!! although e.l.fs customer service SUCKS!!! they charged me for brushes and I didnt receive them! soooo frustrating!!:( makes me not want to buy from them again:(