November 21, 2014 | 1764 users online

Liquid - MAC - Mineralize Satinfinish SPF 15 Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2008 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Kristy143

Really really sticky foundation. very hard to blend even with a foundation brush... i dont recommend for people with pimples for it will only draw attention to the pimples due to all the preal-essence look it gives. AND NOT IN A GOOD WAY... and the color was horrible too (i am a NC30). had a very grey look to it. and really artificial under the sunlight. I returned this product. i will not be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2008 10:29:00 PM More reviews by kathylulu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

well, it was really good when i tried it in the store, my face looked healthy, growing, shinny and with a nice tone color, it gave me a nice natural look. so i bought it, because mac's never gonna dispoint me, but i was SO WRONG!!!! this is actually like the worst foundation i've tried!!!!!!!! i have been using this for like two weeks or so (not everyday), i found out that this foundation actually breaks out my skin like crazy! it's like my face's allegenic to this foundation or something. I GOT LITTLE PIMPLE DOTS ALL OVER MY FACE BECAUSE OF IT!
    and also, with this foundation, my face gets really oily after a day (i don't have oily skin!)
    i mean, i have more expectation with expansive mac product like this, so i am so very disappointed and mad right now.

well.......... the only thing i can say is that be really careful when you purchase this makeup, your skin would end up broken really badly with foundation.
    i'm gonna return this.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2008 12:49:00 AM More reviews by shereyol

When the MA applied it on my face at the store, I instantly fell in love with it, but after I brought it home and tried it on, not only did my face turn glitter-like shiny, it did not even cover up anything even though it is only light to medium coverage.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2008 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Posh_Patricia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ew, this foundation made me look sooooo greasy after a few minutes (my skin is not oily) and it has way too much glitter!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2008 3:08:00 AM More reviews by StrawberryJuice

Looked amazing when tried at the store. My impulsive nature made me buy it after seeing my face so dewy, healthy, and clean. I like it even after I took it home and used it for a few days. I have combination skin, oily in my T-zone and when a hot day came, it melted off my face, even with powder over. It then started to look orange and collected in my pores around my nose and under it over my mouth. Then the worst came. I broke out mad crazy. Nothing in my regime changed except intro to this a few days before. I had to return it. I still want to try the other liquid foundations, the matte ones. This was also really sparkly in certain bright lights but not too bad.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2008 1:22:00 AM More reviews by oh_anna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i'm a mac fanatic && thought they could do no wrong. oh boy i was wrong. the rude MUA pushed this stuff on me and convinced me all the foundations didn't look as good as this one did on me. sabotage. i get it home and it has this strange nasty orangey tint and cakey coverage and makes my pores look huge. ugh, ew, passss go && gimmee my Select SPF!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2008 2:08:00 PM More reviews by wslam00

I'm not really a foundation kind of woman, but I really like the mineralize skinfinish powder so I thought I'd give this a try to get more moisture on my skin for wintertime. I'm an NC25 in MAC mineralize foundation and also in their regular select pressed powder/concealers. I don't know if it is just me, but I put it on with my fingers and it dries fast. I should try using a foundation brush, but I get good coverage without it. I usually then layer on the mineralize skinfinish powder and put on the rest of my makeup. I like that there is no shine like there is with other mineral foundations/powders. I like the design of the pumping bottle.. it prevents contamination and it locks for easy travel! I will have to see how long it takes me to get through this bottle, but so far I love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2008 1:41:00 PM More reviews by apriljoy017

I can't say I love this product, Probably it's just ok.. It sort of makes my face oily for some reasons. But I like how this product is so light. I bought this 2 months ago,, until now it's still a lot. Oh well it's ok.. but I'll not repurchase again..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2008 9:21:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

This is a great foundation for people who have oily skin. It has a dewy effect which does not look greasy or offensive. I use this in combination with the mineralized bronzers from MAC and the result is just perfect. I love looking at my skin when I have this foundation on. My skin looks like the models' in magazines, just flawless. Highly recommended.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2008 7:40:00 PM More reviews by dibbun

I bought this because I was looking for a foundation for my wedding - I wanted something that would match well (a problem for me as I have yellow undertones), cover acne scars, and give me the glowy not shiny factor. I was dubious when the MAC MUA sponged this on in NC25 with out a second look or guess as to whether or not it would match my skin, but it did - in normal sunlight, indoor light, and florescent lighting. He said that they used this for brides as it photographed well.
    I found the coverage to be a bit on the sheer side, but it's buildable after it dries. It does not seem to apply well with just fingers, as I am used to - it just spreads too thin to cover anything - but with a sponge it seems fine. If your skin is dry it makes the flakes stand out if you need to exfoliate, but dabbing with a damp sponge helps minimalize the effect, as well as using primer (MAC Prep + Prime). The sheerness and the dryness are two things I don't care a lot for, but the finish (I use blot powder in medium and a little bit of Bonne Bell bronzer) is beautiful. It matches perfectly without looking brown, unlike the Neutrogena (golden bisque) I used to use. It looks glowy without looking fake or oily - speaking of oily, I had no shine through out the day which is atypical for me. The foundation stayed put all day too, even after being stuck under sweaty surgical masks and goggles (don't ask). I haven't used this without the primer, but I love both so much the cost doesn't deter me.
    ETA: 2/20/09 I don't know what I'm doing differently, but the color has started to look muddy on my cheeks when I build it up to conceal. I've started mixing this half and half with Lancome to keep the glow but with much better color and coverage.