BeneFit Cosmetics Erase paste

3.7

petrolatum, lanolin, isopropyl, palmitate, paraffin, euphorbia, cerifera (candelilla) wax, glycine soja (soybean) oil, tocopherol, propylparaben, retinyl palmitate [ /-: titanium dioxidde (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 9/13/2010 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love the packaging, but hate the product. Smells like diaper rash cream. It's thick and difficult to work with. Takes too much effort to apply. I have dry skin, yet this product creases on me. Has no staying power on its own, and if I use a powder it immediately cakes on me. The main ingredient is petroleum and if you have problem skin I wouldn't recommend this. I have four sisters and I am usually able to give products away. None of my sister would accept this as a free gift !

on 9/11/2010 10:15:00 PM

Really brightens the eye area. You don't need to use a lot, in fact use less than what you *think* you will need. It is not a miracle product but it is the best one I have tried. In addition to a bit of Garnier's anti-dark circle eye roller and some MUFE HD powder on top to set it, I don't even worry about the darkness under my eyes any more :)

The only cons for me are that, although it doesn't look cakey, it still has a sort of "made up" look which I'm picky about. For this reason I use very little of the product because I like a natural look. I would rather have very slight dark circles than to be overly made up.

Yes I would buy this again unless I find something better =P

on 9/11/2010 7:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i have under eye dark (not bad) areas , but the issue is this purple vein that shows under one eye. every drug store concealer i've tried failed miserably to help this type of issue. bobbi brown corrector failed also.

my solution... i now use ..in this order...
serum +moisturizer +stay don't stray +erase paste only on the purple area and dark areas+Bobbi Brown's Concealer over top of everything under the eye and up to my lash line. i carefully pat this on top.

the result (finally) is NO dark/purple areas +brightened under eye areas. YEAH!

...just my experience with certain personal requirements.

on 9/11/2010 6:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Dark circles, begone! I've had dark rings under my eyes my entire life, but since I discovered this stuff a year ago I barely think twice about them. Erase Paste just doesn't conceal them it brightens the whole area. It doesn't crease or dry out my under eye area and works anywhere I need a bit of spot concealment.

I have light skin, but I use the Medium shade (you'd have to be very pale to use the Light shade). It's a shame it doesn't come in more shades, but it's easy enough to mix two of the shades together to get a good match. I would prefer it if it came in a squeeze tube rather than the pot, for hygiene reasons (the spatula it comes with isn't that practical).

It can settle into fine lines under my eyes, but If I apply it carefully with a Beautyblender I don't have much of a problem with that.

on 8/31/2010 4:32:00 PM

Medium to full coverage, creamy, slightly pink for eye brightening effect. Best concealer I've used to cover dark under-eye circles! Comes with instructions and a cute little spatula!

on 8/29/2010 10:49:00 AM

I have really bad undereye circles. I saw this product advertised in a sale flyer for a local beauty store (Ulta.) I decided to try it. I'm glad I did. When I first started wearing it, my secretary noticed right away. It doesn't make my dark circles completely disappear, but it definitely helps. It doesn't cake or look bad in my lovely undereye wrinkles either. It stays on pretty well, not perfect but reasonable considering my oily skin. I apply it using a small make up brush and dotting it all over my undereye area, then blending with my finger. I do set it with a touch of powder. A little does go a long way; although this is a good bit more expensive than drugstore products, I think the quality is better and the small jar will last a LONG time. I like it and would buy again.

on 8/26/2010 11:53:00 PM

I got a small jar of the erase paste (medium) in the Stay Put set from Sephora ($10, so I figured it was worth trying this and other products from Benefit I'd never used before). I'm glad I didn't buy the full size, however, as this is nowhere near HG for me. When I looked at the color, it appeared too dark/pink for. However, when applied, it blended in and appeared to work fairly well on my under eye circles. They weren't "erased" completely, but were far less noticeable. Unfortunately, it didn't work so well on other areas of my face. It covered some marks pretty well, but the color was a bit off. It also accentuated dry areas/flakes. I have combination skin, but the area around my nose and the corners of my mouth often gets really dry. Lasting power was okay (didn't melt off or anything), and it didn't irritate my skin. I would rate this 3.5 if I could... it's not that bad, but not the right one for me.

I got a mini of this in a set and I LOVE it. Definitely the most coverage I've ever gotten in one step. I have it in medium, and since I'm pretty fair and it works on me I guess it's supposed to be a good bit lighter to brighten under your eyes. I only apply it down where my dark circle part is and not across the entire undereye area, and that seems to eliminate any product creasing.

on 8/23/2010 3:05:00 PM

Don't let the price on this scare you away! Yes, it is expensive. Yes, it is a tiny pot. But the pot lasts forever! I have been using the same pot I purchased right before Thanksgiving last year, and it is almost the end of August, and I'm just now starting to hit the bottom of the pot. And I use it every day. A little of this stuff goes a long way. It covers my under-eye circles, minimizes my pores, and evens out the weird parts of my skin tone. Just little dabs. I avoid using the spatula thing, I'd always scoop out too much or too little with it, and I make sure to put powder over it right away, otherwise I will have creases in it in the middle of the day. But it's a great product. The consistency may seem a little thick at first, but the product gets softer and creamier while on your finger, and is smooth in application.

on 8/20/2010 2:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Too pasty, not enough erasey-ness.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products