November 28, 2014 | 1928 users online

Treatments (Face) - SKII - Facial Treatment Essence

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2006 3:18:00 AM More reviews by livtylerjadian

I have been using this on and off. Lucky for me my mom sends it over. I stopped using it for a while as i was on Retin-A. Now that my skin is totally clear im back to using it a night. I honestly dont know how great this is and i totally think that its a over-hyped product. But my skin especially around the cheeks are more soft and supple and there is less dry patches.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2006 2:40:00 AM More reviews by JillN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't think I'll buy this again as I hate the smell of pitera and don't really believe all the hype. It's pretty expensive and I don't like the slippery bottle..too easy to drop it and spill the expensive contents!
I may change my mind once I stop using it in which case I will update this listing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2006 9:31:00 AM More reviews by ocarina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Well I can safely say after using 75 mls of this that it does... nothing whatseover for my skin. Maybe not an acne cure, or an exfoliant, or a wrinkle reducer.... heck I'd have felt vindicated if I'd even got a bit of the "glow" that other reviewers mention. But for all the good this did I might have been using water. Very expensive, slightly putrid-smelling water. Needless to say I shall not be using this anymore.UPDATE OCT )^: Well I lied, I am using this again, along with a few others in the SKII range. And this time it's "taking"! I no longer cringe when I look at the mirror in the morning. As advertised, it does indeed make my skin smoother and brighter. Maybe it;s because i"m better exfoliated now (thanks to originalskinstore.com) and the Pitera does not have to work its way through the dead skin, but for whatever reason I'm sold. I may have to take out a second mortgage to afford them, but this and Advanced Signs are doing wonders for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2006 3:44:00 AM More reviews by Natashia

I suffered from acne for years, and Proactiv helped clear up those large cyrstic / larger acne. But the whiteheads and blackheads remained. This product helped clear off my whiteheads (blackheads and open pores remained)and made my skin much less oily. My skin became much calmer with less redness too. It did not cause any breakouts for me and the effects were shown within a matter of a week. My skin became so much smoother , due to the clearing of the whiteheads. At one time, I could see yellow hardened oil bits on my face which had miraculously surfaced.

At one point, I was too busy to apply this product. My friend commented that I had lost the glow. I never had a glow due to all the redness/ oiliness. And was surprised that I had a glow in the first place, and that the effect was so obvious.

Over the years, the effect is not as good. But it has definately cleared off my whiteheads for life. When my skin starts to show redness / irritation, this product soothes the skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2006 4:12:00 AM More reviews by jeantanpk

Let's just say.. well, it is indeed a miracle water. Simply because, if women are putting smelly pungent things on their pretty faces in the hope of seeing changes, it is really miracle. So i think, if one day someone packs urine, or packs drain water, or packs some crazy stuff and claimed that an old lady was transformed, pp will still buy it. (doesnt that reminds u of huber? the NASA bloke who was supposedly cured from defacement??? La Mer..) It is indeed a miracle that i bought it after condemning it for years. and after buying, i still condemns the smell.

No special effects, no special defects either. Just plain miracle i splash hundreds of dollar of smelly stuff on my face. and seeing no special effects.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2006 11:23:00 PM More reviews by vanityfair

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Total waste of money! I broke out. Waited for whatever "purging" period everybody wrote about and it only got better when I stopped it. It did not purify my pores, it did not make them smaller. It smells bad.

Makes my hands look good, though. That's where the rest of the bottle is going--on my hands.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2006 8:41:00 PM More reviews by Orion_2003

I think the essence is very much like a toner/softener but I use it after applying normal toner/softener. I have quite a good impression on this product since it gives me a really rosy glow! Normally, I've never had a natural glow on my cheeks (I have a very good complexion though, according to the routine skin-care test. But unfortunately, I had never had the so-called 'natural glow'). After using FTE for a couple of days, I began to notice that my cheeks are noticeably rosier. Another plus, this essence tightens my pores. I don't know if it is supposed to tighten pores or not. However, this is what I've experienced so far (about 3 weeks). I'm almost 30 and I began to notice that throughout the past few years, my pores have been getting bigger (although not to such extent that anyone could notice within 10 metres). Whenever I looked at the mirror, I couldn't help but notice these bigger pores (on my cheeks). I previously tried different pore refining essence, e.g. Estee Lauder's Idealist or Lancome's Sensational Totale. They never 'really' worked except that their powdery agents could effectively cover my pores during daytime. The SK-II FTE is different. Its tightening effect is noticeable and I'm so very impressed. Moreover, it doesn't dry out my face (I have combo skin, normal/dry). As for the downside effect, similar to several others, I did get a few little white heads (very small and very few, but I noticed them anyway since I don't ususally have zits). However, they disappeared within a week. I guess it depends on people the time it takes for these zits to disappear. I think the products which contain natural ingredients always have the 'detox' effect. The same thing happened to me when I tried Dr. Hauschka's skincare regimen (but then it was worse). The price is ridiculously steep for a toner (if you think this product is supposed to be grouped as toner/softener). But if you think about it as an essence, it would be ridiculously cheap for the full size bottle.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2006 9:52:00 AM More reviews by caramelmint

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Sorry this is just a HYPED UP marketing product which serves no purpose whatsoever at least for me. To think I paid over a hundred dollars for something which doesn't work at all. IMO, the money spent on engaging Sammi Cheng as their spokesperson could be better spent on R & D or on better ingredients for the actual product itself. Disappointing.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2006 3:17:00 PM More reviews by happybunny888

Sk ii facial treatment essence comes in a liquid form, it contains petria know as miracle water to the japanese. I wasnt sure at purchasing this item at first due to the price but I thought I should give it a go as I have read alot of good reviews in the past.

I use this after toning my face, and only tiny amount is needed and the liquid spreads sparingly to my face. Over a period of time, I have realised that it has reduced my oily t-zone, so my skin looks more matt during the day.

one bottle of 75ml last me at least half a year, but in my opinion I think the price is expensive for an unreasonable result.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2006 4:35:00 AM More reviews by Hammurabi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Lets just say this is a real miracle, I thought I had good skin before until I use it.
After about 2 weeks of using this, too many people ask me if I have foundation on when I worn no make up because my skin look so 'neat' and 'glowy'. The face is so clear thats not funny.
Love it, will definately buy it again even with the scary expensive price tag. This is a miracle in a bottle.

EDIT 08/12/06: I have stopped using this for about half a year now. For some reason I have this reaction with yeast all of a sudden (I have also stopped drinking beer). And this essence gives me reaction on my face (like rash, but not red), same happen when i drink beer.
Its a shame because i really like it and I had a huge bottle unopen when I found out the reaction. So I gave the bottle to my girlfriend who loves it.
At least it went to a loving home *sniff*