October 25, 2014 | 1677 users online

Treatments (Face) - SKII - Facial Treatment Essence

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2006 8:41:00 PM More reviews by Orion_2003

I think the essence is very much like a toner/softener but I use it after applying normal toner/softener. I have quite a good impression on this product since it gives me a really rosy glow! Normally, I've never had a natural glow on my cheeks (I have a very good complexion though, according to the routine skin-care test. But unfortunately, I had never had the so-called 'natural glow'). After using FTE for a couple of days, I began to notice that my cheeks are noticeably rosier. Another plus, this essence tightens my pores. I don't know if it is supposed to tighten pores or not. However, this is what I've experienced so far (about 3 weeks). I'm almost 30 and I began to notice that throughout the past few years, my pores have been getting bigger (although not to such extent that anyone could notice within 10 metres). Whenever I looked at the mirror, I couldn't help but notice these bigger pores (on my cheeks). I previously tried different pore refining essence, e.g. Estee Lauder's Idealist or Lancome's Sensational Totale. They never 'really' worked except that their powdery agents could effectively cover my pores during daytime. The SK-II FTE is different. Its tightening effect is noticeable and I'm so very impressed. Moreover, it doesn't dry out my face (I have combo skin, normal/dry). As for the downside effect, similar to several others, I did get a few little white heads (very small and very few, but I noticed them anyway since I don't ususally have zits). However, they disappeared within a week. I guess it depends on people the time it takes for these zits to disappear. I think the products which contain natural ingredients always have the 'detox' effect. The same thing happened to me when I tried Dr. Hauschka's skincare regimen (but then it was worse). The price is ridiculously steep for a toner (if you think this product is supposed to be grouped as toner/softener). But if you think about it as an essence, it would be ridiculously cheap for the full size bottle.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2006 9:52:00 AM More reviews by caramelmint

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Sorry this is just a HYPED UP marketing product which serves no purpose whatsoever at least for me. To think I paid over a hundred dollars for something which doesn't work at all. IMO, the money spent on engaging Sammi Cheng as their spokesperson could be better spent on R & D or on better ingredients for the actual product itself. Disappointing.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2006 3:17:00 PM More reviews by happybunny888

Sk ii facial treatment essence comes in a liquid form, it contains petria know as miracle water to the japanese. I wasnt sure at purchasing this item at first due to the price but I thought I should give it a go as I have read alot of good reviews in the past.

I use this after toning my face, and only tiny amount is needed and the liquid spreads sparingly to my face. Over a period of time, I have realised that it has reduced my oily t-zone, so my skin looks more matt during the day.

one bottle of 75ml last me at least half a year, but in my opinion I think the price is expensive for an unreasonable result.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2006 4:35:00 AM More reviews by Hammurabi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Lets just say this is a real miracle, I thought I had good skin before until I use it.
After about 2 weeks of using this, too many people ask me if I have foundation on when I worn no make up because my skin look so 'neat' and 'glowy'. The face is so clear thats not funny.
Love it, will definately buy it again even with the scary expensive price tag. This is a miracle in a bottle.

EDIT 08/12/06: I have stopped using this for about half a year now. For some reason I have this reaction with yeast all of a sudden (I have also stopped drinking beer). And this essence gives me reaction on my face (like rash, but not red), same happen when i drink beer.
Its a shame because i really like it and I had a huge bottle unopen when I found out the reaction. So I gave the bottle to my girlfriend who loves it.
At least it went to a loving home *sniff*

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2006 2:16:00 PM More reviews by LAsCene

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to love this after listening to the SKII beauty advisor hype on this product. I fell for it and bought it! I tried it for 2 weeks and had noticed red marks just below my eye area and tiny white heads. At first, I thought it did hydrate my skin. Then a week later it seemed to dry my skin out big time. Hated it! I took it back to SAKS and told them what happened with this product. The look on there face .... PRICELESS. I did get a full refund. Get a sample first and if you have sensitive/dry skin (cheek area) like me stay away from this so called 'holy' water. I get better results from my toner then this. For me I know in 2 weeks if a product agrees with my skin or not. This definitely didn't! I wouldn't waste my money on this!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2005 1:13:00 PM More reviews by cellacat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought SK-II hoping it would balance my combination skin and even out the texture. It had an immediate effect (within 3-4 days of use twice daily), clearing up excess oil and giving a fresher appearance. It also seemed to cause some breakouts which I never usually get, but that passed after the first week, leaving great looking skin. When my skin feels dry i don't use it as it can dry my skin out.
Have bought a bigger bottle 2. Worth a try if your skin is oily.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2005 9:59:00 PM More reviews by stephhamilton

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

when I first starting using this it made my skin feel amazing, it reduced the number of skin breakouts and i didn't have an oily t zone anymore. I've been using it for about eight months now and it has started to dry my skin out and make it sting and feel really sensitive (a bit like a sunburn)
So for me not the miracle product they claim!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2005 5:12:00 AM More reviews by Stardrift

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am on my fourth bottle of this essence having faithfully used it for nearly two years now.I found a lot of difference initially but as with most skin care products,the effect sort of wears off and perhaps you dont notice what it may be doing for your skin in small ways.However I think I have reached a stage where I doubt I will repurchase this time even though its still a part of my daily skin routine.Dont feel very strongly about it at the moment.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2005 11:56:00 AM More reviews by eleecha

I've used it for 2 months and i haven't noticed much difference yet. It worked well for the first couple of weeks my skin looked clearer but after that it just stabilized. A lot of my friends complain that it dries their skin out.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2005 3:03:00 PM More reviews by serenpo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've got 2 samples from SKII counter. I pat gently on my skin night and day. However, i've not seen any major differences to my skin. Doesn't motivate me to buy a bottle.
Hence I will advise to whoever who want to try it. It's better for you to get samples from the counters first.