SKII Facial Treatment Essence

3.6

on 5/13/2007 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Works great, and worth the cost(if you can afford to keep it in stock in your beauty stash...)

on 5/1/2007 10:57:00 AM

I bought this based on hype. The smell is AWFUL! Didn't notice a difference in my skin and the bottle is almost gone. I have good skin to begin with so maybe its better for someone who's looking to fix problems. I've used retin-a for over 10 years and don't have the aging problems that most 40 yr olds have. But I was still hoping to see a difference when I tried this.

I was given a set of their trial size, Ive heard all the hype about this product, and it's spose to be very good, I use this after i cleanser and tone, and to be honest, i cannot stand the smell of the product, yes it's spose to be 90% pitera hence the odour can be a bit over powering, and when i wake up in the morning, my skin felt instantly softer and glow. Update (08/08): anyway i decided to give it ago again, its been 3 weeks since ive been using, my god!!! My skin looks fantastic.... i have never had the courage to go to the gym in the peak time (cause i dont wear makeup when i go to the gym) and my skin has improved so much that it look fantastic when im not wearing makeup at all. my skin glow with radiance. im loving this.

on 4/5/2007 6:28:00 PM

Nice product but I really did not see a big difference.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Another HG from SKII. I've been using this for almost 3 months, and have noticed a significant improvement on my skin.. not just a hoax and another gimmick, over-hyped products that I was curious about. This makes my skin clear, smooth, more even toned and less oily and to my surprise.. my pores are much less visible. Such a nice product. The only downside is the sky price. That's where the last lippie went off. I spent AU$139 for a full-sized bottle, very expensive. However, I will keep purchase this as this makes me skin really lovely and wonderful. HG!

on 3/6/2007 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This product is lovely. I thought at first it was a marketing gimmick and everyone's been raving about it so I thought I might give it a try coz my skin was reacting badly to humidity. From extreme dry weather to extreme moisture, my skin became pimply, pores got bigger with uneven skin tone. And my skincare regimen has always been quite extensive from jurlique to la prairie. On the first days of trying the product, my skin got more refined, pores tightened and i was glowing. Everyone has been complimenting my skin and I will feel completely naked without it. My only gripe? the price.

My WORST nightmare! My skin is not really prone to pimples (only occasionally, during that time of the month), but this product made me break out like nobody's business! After only 2 weeks of usage, I've had 3 huge pimples on both my cheeks so I called up the SKII SA, n she said it's normal in the early stages to experience breakouts n that I should continue using it. So i did. 2 weeks after that, more pimples started to come out - I had enough of it. Miracle water? Yeah right! Luckily i got the trial kit, so i didn't waste lotsa money..

A few of my friends told me that SKII is banned in Japan. Don't know how true is that though...

on 2/27/2007 2:48:00 AM

I tried this because a close friend of mine uses this product and the advertisements claim that it will keep you looking younger. But I have to say that I'm sorely disappointed.
It's just a toner but costs quite a fair bit. And it comes in a glass bottle which is heavy and can easily be broken if it falls from my dressing table.
I tried it for a couple of weeks and I felt that my skin was rougher and had little bumps on it. Even though the rest of my skincare remained the same. And it smells funny. It had yeast extract in it which scares me a little too. I didn't like the idea of putting something on my face that causes infections elsewhere. I changed back to my usual essence, and my skin went back to normal.
I'm never using this product or this brand again! continued >>

on 2/25/2007 12:33:00 AM

the smell is not plasant but the product is ok. i think it worked well with the facial treatment cream that's why i've sticked to it. i would not buy the essence on its own anymore.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I initially wrote a glowing review for this product a few months back and now, I'm here to take back every praiseworthy thing I ever said about the gargantuan hype that is SK-II.

This stuff completely wrecked my complexion. Prior to introducing SK-II to my skincare routine, I had perfectly smooth, radiant and flawless skin. Granted, I had a few minor pores around my nose which never really bothered me until I read about SK-II in a magazine and how the supposedly 'miracle' ingredient Pitera gave celebrities like Cate Blanchett and Gong Li perfect porcelain faces. And because my lemming coincided with an SK-II promotion at my local Myer department store, I went on ahead and asked the SA for a small 11 ml trial-size bottle of the Facial Treatment Essence to try.

I used it up in 3 weeks, and convinced myself that my skin was looking the best it had ever been. Radiant, glowing, smooth...and my oh my, those pesky minor pores were diminished! Oh hallelujah, they were barely there at all! God bless Sk-II!

I told myself that I would just DIE if I couldn't add this little gem to my already (very) extravagant skincare routine. So I shelled out AUD 175 for a 150 ml bottle of the Treatment Essence, consoling myself that I could look forward to at least a year of pristine flawless beauty. Bah! Within two weeks of using the new bottle, I started to break out. Now, a pimple around that time of month is perfectly normal for me but my skin remains absolutely crystal clear the rest of the time. Needless to say, I was more than a little concerned when I started breaking out in huge cystic zits.

I don't know why it took me so long to pinpoint SK-II as the culprit in my battle of the blemishes. I thought it was my sunscreen that was breaking me out. So I (unwisely) stopped using that. But alas, I continued to look like Godzitla. I tried so many things, throwing out my HG skincare items one by one, making drastic changes to my diet, praying. Nothing seemed to work. I was completely floored. I never imagined that the SK-II was at fault because I had used it for a complete month with absolutely no drama whatsoever. I finally wised up about 10 days ago and shelved the damn thing.

My breakouts have stopped, but it's going to take a loooong time before my complexion regains its once-perfect glory :( The Pitera has really thinned out my skin and where I could once normally slap almost anything on my face without fearing a breakout, I can't do so anymore. My face has become a sensitive mess. Even my previous HG items aren't receiving a fond welcome back like I hoped. It's going to take me at least a month (aren't I optimistic) before my skin regains some semblance of balance once again.

A word to the wise, ladies: if your skincare routine ain't broke, don't fix it. I've learnt a harsh lesson here. If you have sensitive skin, I urge you to stay away from all SK-II products, especially the Facial Treatment Essence. The packaging is really quite unsanitary as you have to keep tipping liquid out and it continually splashes over the rim. Because the Treatment Essence contains 90% Pitera (which is, in essence, bacteria), this coupled with poor packaging enhances the risk of being a breeding ground for other 'less-friendly' bacteria tenfold.

For those who have been lucky with SK-II products, I'm truly happy that it hasn't turned your skin into a cystic warzone. For those who are tempted to give this a shot, I strongly encourage you not to. It's NOT worth the risk. Trust me.

Popular Treatments (Face)