February 28, 2015 | 1541 users online

Eyeliner - Cover Girl - Perfect Point Plus Eyeliners

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2003 10:33:00 AM More reviews by ooliedonna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My biggest gripe with this is the RIDICULOUS supposed "smudger" foam tip at one end of the pencil. It will maybe do the trick the first time you use it, but will more likely smudge your eyeliner right off your face. And after it gets dirty that first time, it will not only take off the eyeliner you just so painstakingly applied, but the residue on the tip will likely deposit smudges where you don't want it. Yes, I could probably clean it each time, but who has time to wash the end of a drugstore eyeliner?? And did I mention the packaging is not good. The cheap plastic caps on both ends of the pencil cracked quickly and became very loose.

Ok, rant for that part over. The actual eyeliner is fine, though it doesn't have much staying power and doesn't like to stay put in warm weather. I like the fact that is is soft and easy to apply, but the tip gets broad and dull easily, and since this is self-sharpening, you can't return to a fine point. If you're going Cover Girl, I prefer the Smoothers eyeliner to this.

Oh yes, the shade I purchased this is was Black Onyx. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2003 4:16:00 AM More reviews by franknbeans82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I rarely wear eyeliner, but when I do, this is the stuff I always go for. The first thing I love is that it's one of those nifty self-sharpening liners. Secondly, it doesn't tug and goes on smoothly. Third, it provides a more defined line than a pencil and is cleaner than liquid liner. As for the price,it's not exactly cheap, but not a ripoff either. The packaging is fine, except the cap cracks fairly easily, and there is no real use for the sponge. Ahh well, still a very nice product! Thumbs up

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2003 11:30:00 AM More reviews by kschultz78

Generally pretty good - goes on easily, and it's nice that you never have to sharpen it. However, I have oily lids and the stuff fades fast if I don't use powder or shadow underneath. Also, the sponge thing doesn't help at all - tends to take off the liner completely instead of smudging. Will try Almay Amazing Lasting next time.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2003 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Jenny42901

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It was a decent enough product for the 6 dollars. I mean, it had a nice variety of colors and easy application. I got mine in cafe (dark brown) and grey khaki (smoky dark grey). As I said before, application is smooth and there is a smudger that softens and expands, and I like the results. If you have dry eyelids and only apply it on your upper lid, I think you'll be satisfied. But if you're like me and need to define the lower lash lines as well, forget it. It streaks after two hours and melts in hot weather.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2003 8:30:00 AM More reviews by misspris26

only eyeliner I use. Never smears, goes on silky, stays put. Self sharpens. I use the color expresso. Lancome, Lauder, and Clinique liners can't even touch this one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2003 6:59:00 PM More reviews by Merrydothe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This eye liner is great! Very comparable to higher end products. It doesn't tug the lid, and goes on extremely smooth as well! I LOVE that it doesn't have to be sharpened-and that it has that awesome sponge tip (which I somtimes have some trouble figuring out but...). Overall its very good and very easy to use! I have it in Charcol-great shade, not too dark--I plan to buy more. Good one!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2003 10:43:00 PM More reviews by catgoddess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm very fond of this. Nice, soft, natural line. Comes with a smudger. A point knock-off because it wears off quite quickly and is under my eyes in 2 hours. But other than that, everything I expect in an eyeliner...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2003 9:43:00 AM More reviews by bronwynk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was looking for a self-sharpening liner that would not tug. I tried Jane One-Liners but they tugged a lot. This was the next cheapest one I could find. Perfect. I'm sticking to this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2003 10:14:00 AM More reviews by sunmoonstarz

This is the best eyeliner if you want the soft and sultry look. It goes on smooth and lasts all day.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2003 4:41:00 AM More reviews by Tinuviel

Perfect point?! What point?! This is a self sharpening eyeliner and I found that the point is just too dull to use it. I have it in black onyx. This is a VERY blah product.