August 1, 2014 | 1152 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Light

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2008 2:15:00 PM More reviews by Christi_W

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This would be a great primer, if it didn't make my skin so angry. After the first couple days of using this, I broke out in the places I usually do once a month, so I thought "okay, maybe it's a hormonal thing... 3 weeks early." A few days later I was also breaking out with tiny red bumps in areas of my face that have never broken out before. I stopped using it and a week later my skin was clear again. This is unfortunate because it did really well at keeping my makeup in place, making my pores look smaller (I don't really have large pores, though, so I don't know that it helps that much), and I wasn't as oily as usual.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2008 12:16:00 AM More reviews by mmtt

My sister used the regular formulation for her wedding and never looked shiny (even thought it was in Hawaii). She suggested I use the light version as I am prone to having break outs. I was SO disappointed! The packaging is nice and it did make my skin feel nice for the first 30 seconds while I was putting it on, but after that things just went downhill. It caused little bumps as well as large cystic type pimples. I was shiny again in 2-3 hours. It did nothing to make my makup stay longer. And I got these dry patches on my cheeks. What a waste!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2008 3:46:00 PM More reviews by tideturns

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i actually really like this stuff- i wanted to hate it because of the pricetag but it really does help my makeup stay on longer and makes my pores less noticeable once makeup goes on. i recently switched to this after mistakenly trying the original photo finish (i have acne prone skin) i am way happier with the light version and despite the price tag i will buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2008 4:32:00 PM More reviews by gummibalu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this primer, its the only primer i'll use under my makeup. It does all the great things the regular smashbox photo finish primer does except its lighter = better for oilier/acne prone skin types. i love itttt <3

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2008 10:22:00 PM More reviews by supernatural_blonde

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm so disappointed in this product. It did absolutely nothing at all for my skin. Plus, I've developed weird little bumps all over my cheeks since applying it this morning. It doesn't seem to improve the wear of my makeup... even that would have made it worth it.
The only thing I like about it is the packaging and the lack of a perfumey smell.
I'm taking it back tomorrow. Not worth nearly $40.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2008 9:34:00 PM More reviews by ashleynewcomb

Prior to purchasing this product I'd used the regular Photo Finish primer. I can definitely tell the consistency difference between the two. The one with oil (any of their primers but this product) felt super super smooth. Guess that's from the oil. Not that this is bad, but it just doesn't smooth my skin out to the degree the regular primer did. However, as my skin has been prone to breaking out lately I thought I'd give it a try. This did help my makeup stay on longer, which I guess is the main aim of this product. If it can accomplish the same thing without putting unnecessary oil on my skin, then all the better. It doesn't do much in terms of long-term mattifying of the skin, but what product can? :)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2008 4:13:00 PM More reviews by selene_gal5

I tried the original, didn't like it so I tried this one. Well didn't like this one either. It did not keep my makeup on any longer than usual. I think I've given up on primers.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2008 11:12:00 AM More reviews by notagoodidea

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Good stuff, great for oily skin. I will buy again!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2008 1:30:00 AM More reviews by iluvboyz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I gave this a try because I need products that don't clog pores and are oil free. I didn't like this primer at all. This didn't make my make up go on any better and it didn't help with the staying power. Didn't do anything for my pores. I found a lot of the time it didn't moisturize enough for me and I would have dry patches on my skin. It sort of felt like I was smearing elmer's glue on my face. For the $48 dollar price tag this was a BIG let down and waste of my money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2008 7:34:00 PM More reviews by rihannsu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

**ETA** 05/27/2008 As much as I LOVE the feel of this stuff on my skin, it gave me cystic acne. I had to discontinue use and when I did my skin cleared right up. That sucks. I liked this stuff. Now I use it as a hand lotion.

To be totally honest, I have no idea if this stuff minimizes my pores or helps my foundation stay on. I usually just use a dusting of loose powder instead of foundation.

I love the buttery, velvet touch this gives to my skin. I have dry skin and accidently picked up the light version of Photo Finish. But I love the light too much to even think about switching to the regular.