February 1, 2015 | 952 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Light

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2008 12:52:00 AM More reviews by bbygurgles

I absolutely LOVE this product! It really does do what it claims. It's oil-free and is 60% water based so it did not clog my pores, just fill it to create an even-skin look. It quickly mattifies so I suggest putting this on IMMEDIATELY after you moisturize. It did not dry out my skin but since its not a moisturizer itself, I suggest applying a very good moisturizer before hand (MAC charged water would be a plus). There's definitely no worries with this product especially if you're acne-prone or oily or sensitive skinned. A+

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2008 11:48:00 AM More reviews by waimingsiu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i received this as a sample from sephora...and LOVED it. i was using the laura mercier primer for awhile but have now completely converted over to this one. it doesn't clog my pores and helps control my oily skin. i can see how it wouldn't be suitable for someone with dry skin. however, when i use this primer...i don't find the need to blot my face later on, which is wonderful :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2008 12:48:00 AM More reviews by BeagleLab

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Didn't like this at all. It was too drying on my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2008 9:22:00 AM More reviews by MilesDevin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This does nothing to control oil, but does do a decent job of priming the skin. Not worth the hype. I prefer Clinique's Pore Minimizing T Zone Shine Control or MUFE All Mat over this any day.

Overpriced and overrated. End of story.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2008 6:42:00 PM More reviews by missy0202

A very good idea. A primer that is oil-free for sensitive,acne prone and oily skin. Too bad it doesn't work. Goes on very smoothly and looks great for about an hour and then my oily skin is back. Would probably work for people with not that oily skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2008 8:06:00 PM More reviews by ChristinaSF

For about 2 weeks, I wore this primer on the left half of my face, no primer on the right. I topped the primer with my usual foundation.

On the upside, it did not cause me to break out, which is a serious concern for me with any new product.

On the downside, I didn't get much benefit from it. Immediately after applying, my skin appeared more matte. But by lunchtime, the two sides of my face looked identical. They still looked identical at the end of the day. So, I saw a short-term increase in matteness, but no increase in longevity.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2008 6:44:00 PM More reviews by ahwannabe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Went on nicely, but left a chalky residue. Probably okay if you have really pale skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2008 10:00:00 PM More reviews by anglomania86

I bought this several days ago and the first time I tried it I wasn't overly impressed. It seemed to make areas of my face super dry and flakey which didn't look good at all, it also made some areas where I applied my powder foundation cakey! I've now realised that what I should have done was to give it adequate drying time before I applied my foundation as these past few days this initial flakeyness didn't happen. I feel like it has done wonders for my oily skin and my t-zone is less oily and I don't really need to blot it. Overall I'm pleased with the product but I have to say that the price is crazy. I grudgingly paid the extortionate amount but won't be doing that anytime soon because I'm sure there are primers out there that will do the job for far less!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2008 2:15:00 PM More reviews by Christi_W

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This would be a great primer, if it didn't make my skin so angry. After the first couple days of using this, I broke out in the places I usually do once a month, so I thought "okay, maybe it's a hormonal thing... 3 weeks early." A few days later I was also breaking out with tiny red bumps in areas of my face that have never broken out before. I stopped using it and a week later my skin was clear again. This is unfortunate because it did really well at keeping my makeup in place, making my pores look smaller (I don't really have large pores, though, so I don't know that it helps that much), and I wasn't as oily as usual.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2008 12:16:00 AM More reviews by mmtt

My sister used the regular formulation for her wedding and never looked shiny (even thought it was in Hawaii). She suggested I use the light version as I am prone to having break outs. I was SO disappointed! The packaging is nice and it did make my skin feel nice for the first 30 seconds while I was putting it on, but after that things just went downhill. It caused little bumps as well as large cystic type pimples. I was shiny again in 2-3 hours. It did nothing to make my makup stay longer. And I got these dry patches on my cheeks. What a waste!