October 22, 2014 | 947 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lemon Juice

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2008 1:59:00 PM More reviews by sharmaa12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use fresh lemon juice 3x a week, at night, after I cleanse with olive oil (too harsh to use every night). It takes away the mild residue left behind by the oil and exfoliates at the same time. I try to leave it on for 10 minutes then wash off with a cotton pad. My brother, who doesn't notice much, complimented my skin tone the other day - I was shocked! My skin is much smoother now.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2008 3:48:00 PM More reviews by urstandingonmytoes

After reading the reviews on here, I decided to try lemon juice on my freckled, sunspotted face. I remove my make up with my regular cleanser (Purpose) then I squeeze lemon juice on a cotton ball and apply it all over my face--avoiding my eyebrows and hairline. It stings for a few min, that's why I took off one lippie, but its not intolerable. After it dries I give it a quick spritz of my Aquafina face spray, apply safflower oil around my eyes, then go to bed. In the morning, I exfoliate and rinse my face then use a salicylic toner and Garnier moisturizer. WOWWWW! My freckles are fading, my sunspots are fading, my skintone is more even and my pores are looking smaller, all that in THREE DAYS! The stuff I learn on MUA is amazing! If you love natural products see my review on safflower oil too--its another HG product for me. Sometimes the natural basics really are the best!! EDIT: Hubby noticed my freckles are getting lighter, and there was a cluster of them that looked like a big ol' age spot and that is nearly GONE!! WOOHOOO..thought I was gonna be stuck with that sucker for life but not since I found lemon juice!!!
EDIT: This has made my skintone so much more even..and seems to have even helped balance my oily t-zone some. Plain old lemon juice is definately HG status for me!!

55 out of 57 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2008 11:00:00 PM More reviews by AuNatural716

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

AMAZING! After just using it for a few days, my hyperpigmentation is fading quickly, and my skin is becoming so much more even toned as my acne scars disappear while using this overnight. And best of all, it's natural so I'm skipping out on packing my face with chemicals and I get no skin irritation! It does sting a bit when its first on, but the pain is well worth it. Try it out!

UPDATE (2012): Just forgot to conclude on here that this actually ended up irritating my skin and breaking me out more. I still love chemical exfoliation, but I'm going to stick to the kind that comes a jar. Natural-based things don't ever seem to work with my sensitive skin.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2008 9:10:00 PM More reviews by superficialbeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

-does nothing for treating acne
-helps prevent acne
-minimizes pores
-brings whiteheads to surface for easy extraction

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2008 1:47:00 AM More reviews by mynguye2

I'm amazed. I actually use lime not lemon, but I guess it's all the same. I really helps to lighten my skin. I just sorta squeeze the juice into my palm and rub all over my face trying to avoid the sensitive area around my eyes. Wait for around ten minutes and rinse. I do it twice a day when I'm not doing the aspirin mask and once on the day that I am. I gave it a four because it does sting a lot for me. If someone is battling with acne scars like I am... definitely give this a chance. Will probably update once I win the war against the scars. =)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2008 10:18:00 PM More reviews by JustMeas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

After getting bored with my masks, I began using lemon juice as an additive. I have Queen Helene mint julep and vaious clay masks. Just add a teaspon or so of lemon juice, a squirt of jojoba oil with as much of the mask I ususally use. Hang out for a while while the mask dries and hop in the shower, or just wash off. 3x week.
I've found the lemon has been helpful in putting my crazy newly sensitive skin in check on several levels like acne treatment, holdin the oilies back as well as lightening scars from old acne outbreaks.
With bp and s/a not working on me, it's nice having a natural, inexpensive alternative that peaked my interest in playing with my masks again - and it works!
I use concentrated lemon juice off the grocery shelf. Works fine and less messy than the real thing.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2008 2:11:00 PM More reviews by LuckE3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have tried both the lemon juice that comes in a bottle and actual lemons. I believe the stuff in the bottle should be used on an already wet cotton ball to dilute it because it seems a bit too strong by itself. It works well when you don't have any fresh lemons about, are in a rush, and it smells like lemonade. But I would recommend using a real lemon over your face instead. It's got a rough texture, so it probably provides some exfoliation in addition to the cleansing. The real lemons seem to work better on my face. I normally slice a lemon into 4 quarters and use just one at night over my face after I've used my cleanser. I then take a slightly damp face cloth over my face to remove all the little lemon pieces left behind and put on my night time moisturizer. It cleans my pores without excessive drying, it's natural so I don't worry about what's sinking into my skin, and I believe it's helped cut down my acne.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2008 2:54:00 AM More reviews by mallorysusan

I use this to fade my acne scars and it has worked immensely well. I will squeeze a piece of lemon onto a cotton swab and rub the juice over my face that way. I then go to bed and wake up with skin that is significantly lighter. I also feel like it help my pimples heal faster, but the jury is still out on that one.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2007 6:50:00 AM More reviews by annelisakova

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is amazing! I have VERY oily (partly-Mediterranean), acne prone skin that is starting to age (at 30). No other astringent of any sort makes my skin feel like all the oil is sopped up, without overdrying - I used to use salicylic acid astringent all the time, and it made my skin peel and did dry up the acne but the acne problem continued. Now I use a mixture of plain lemon juice with water (used to do 50-50 but now it's more like 95% lemon juice with 5% water) and use it like an astringent. I do use Clearasil at night for acne but no other acne treatments other than lemon juice and my skin is amazingly clear (in spite of my being under a lot of stress right now and keeping an unpredictable schedule of when I sleep - usually those factors make me break out). I also use Aveeno's skin brightening daily scrub (it has soy for moisturizing, no oil, and soft exfoliant beads) as a soap for my face and Neutrogena's oil free moisturizer to deal with any dryness from the Clearasil (since I've heard - and learned through experience - that the worst thing you can do for oily/acne-prone skin is to dry it out too much, or else it only produces more oil & acne). I've heard that lemon juice works as a regenerating agent for the skin, and I do like how my skin looks while using this... it really does seem to improve the look of my skin (no redness or irritation but a nicer texture to my skin)......and my skin is not overly sensitive to products like this, so I can leave the lemon juice on there and not rinse it off. I think if I used fresh lemon (like others who wrote reviews) I might need to wash it off lest it be irritating to my skin. I would recommend it to all of you gals who are my age and still dealing with acne/oily skin, since it does double-duty as an acid to promote cell regeneration and a gentle astringent (not too overdrying but effective). I read in a book by a dermatologist who uses both traditional and herbal medicine that she recommends lemon juice (topically applied) for acne sufferers as well...so it's not just my idea. And it's so cheap! It is much less expensive than all these other glycolic and hydroxy acid treatments out there...the citric acid has that kind of effect without all the expense. So I definitely recommend this!!!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2007 4:47:00 AM More reviews by arieeel

If you go online you can find several uses for lemon juice. So far I've only tried rubbing it on my feet after soaking them in hot water, and now my feet are baby smooth. Am using them on zits too, but it hasn't been on my face long enough to see any results. I've also heard that lemon juice can create natural highlights in your hair for a sunkissed look, but haven't tried it yet because i dont want to ruin my hair. Overall a great product, it does a lot considering it cost me only US$.50 for five lemons. Have to stock up soon.