November 23, 2014 | 1928 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2009 7:49:00 PM More reviews by valleychic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Burt Bee's Replenishing with Pomegranate Oil

This lip balm goes on very smoothly and it is not drying on my lips. It has a very subtle reddish tint and shimmer. It looks very pretty and natural on the lips. My only gripe with this balm is the scent. I think it is awful. If this were unscented I might give it another chance.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2009 6:52:00 PM More reviews by velikii

My utmost favorite lip balm of all time.
The product smells slightly sweet and fruity, it's not an overwhelming kind of smell and I find that it eventually becomes unnoticeable. It leaves your lips feeling moisturized without being sticky or greasy or anything like that. It also has a slightly tint of color and this is my favorite feature because I tend to skip lip gloss and lipstick more often than not.
I suffer from dry lips so I use this every day to keep them soft and healthy.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2009 6:19:00 PM More reviews by dirtyrat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

love the texture and moisture - find the smell a little odd. my husband HATES the scent. (but whateva:) i also really like the tint of color. cheap price - does the job.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2009 11:03:00 PM More reviews by devmar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

pretty much the same as the original without the menthol tingle. I like the smell :D. my mom hates it (for whatever reason)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2009 8:41:00 AM More reviews by EnglishAnne

My favorite lip balm ever! I lost a tube, and had to repurchase another immediately. It keeps my lips soft and moisturized - is great under lipstick or lipgloss. Love the smell and the consistency - not waxy like the original. My husband is now addicted to it. I have 3 tubes of it! One by my bed, and two in my purse (just in case!)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2009 7:10:00 PM More reviews by KatelynAnne

I like this lip balm, nice light red tint and very moisturizing, no taste and I can't even notice a smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2009 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Sunnie267

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I loooove burts bees products. This lip balm is so light but its also very thick and it stays on your lips for a while. But not in a greasy sticky way. Adds a nice slight red tint, not very noticeable, but makes your lips look natural and healthy.
Two thumbs up

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2009 4:36:00 PM More reviews by msCullen8685

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

overall, i think this balm is just...okay. i have tried both the original and honey versions, which i both prefer. i would not repurchase, but since i hate wasting stuff, i will use this until it is done (which will take a long time, and plus i like to use one kind of balm at a time...*sigh*) but anyways, to the review.
first of all, this does not smell/ taste like pomegranate. i smells EXACTLY like citronella candles, which are used to keep mosquitoes away. i don't like it at all. also, it has no taste, but i'm sure most people won't mind that. however, i found the honey and original versions to have both a better taste AND smell.
the texture is more greasy than the other balms, and it is just OKAY at moisturising. it is more greasy than anything else. this is definately just an every day kind of balm, and not something i would use if my lips were chapped.
it also has a reddish- pink hue. it is not visible, but the more you apply it the more it is. now, i'm the type of person who applies lip balm constantly, and so the colour ends up looking really...weird? on my lips. overall, this is really...average. below average actually. i am now kicking myself for not buying the mint one, which i LOVE. UGH!

-UPDATE!!!-
okay, so i am now bumping this up a lippie and and am saying i would buy it again. now, this is only if i don't find an HG, cuz i don't think this is it. however, this makes my lips verrrry soft. and the citronella scent is much more pomegranate - like now! however, i don't think this is my HG.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2009 1:26:00 PM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm a Burt's Bees devotee, so this is just another in a long line of products I like. This is defintely different than the original lip balm, and the honey one. It is a lighter consistency - more oily than waxy, if that makes sense. It almost applies like a non-sticky gloss. It also isn't a "barrier" type lip balm like the Lifeguard version. This one smells nice - kind of a spicy fruit aroma, and although the balm itself has a nice red hue, I don't notice any color on my lips after application. Maybe a teeny, tiny hint of color. I keep one in my purse and one at my desk and apply several times throughout the day. This seems to keep my lips hydrated and protected, and I haven't had any problems with flaking or any of the other issues mentioned by other reviewers. When my lips feel dry, this does the trick to keep them soft and moisturized. That said, I don't think this would repair severely chapped lips (the original Burt's lip balm is my "go to" for severely chapped winter lips), but for prevention or mildly chapped lips, this is great. I will definitely repurchase and already have 2 backup tubes in stock!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2009 11:43:00 PM More reviews by Abrial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love pomegranate but, this smells nothing like it. The scent can be extremely overpowering, and its just too much.

I love the original burt's bees and I love the idea of this since it gives you the slightest rosy tint on your lips This version is just as moisturizing as the original, and leaves a nice feeling on the lips without feeling waxy.

I just cannot get over the smell, I would rather just get the original any day, so I'm giving this only a 3.