October 24, 2014 | 1806 users online

Dry Shampoo - Batiste - Dry Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2011 6:17:00 AM More reviews by rougebird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

This shampoo works!
Before having tried Batiste I though dry shampoo was not simply for me. Having really thick hair (kind of like asian in volume but less thick) and oily face skin. I have previously tried Klorane and James Brown and they did nothing. I don't know what punched me to give Batiste a try but I am glad I did. I used to wash my hair every two days as the bangs around my face absorb the oil from the facial skin within 4 hours after having been washed and it starts to look nasty. Now I wash it once in 5-6 days.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2011 9:53:00 PM More reviews by kali205

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So far this is my favourite dry shampoo. I tried the Toni and Guy one but it was harder to brush out and left a strong scent. The scent of Batiste (original) is nothing to be excited about but doesn't stay around too long anyway. I have black hair with violet extensions and I straighten and use the usual array of heat protectors and moisturisers. I normally wash every 3 days, but this lets me get another day between washes and is great for those days when you need to look professional and neat quickly.

I find that it gives quite a lot of volume. I find that as long as I spray in sections and lightly I don't get any grey hue to my hair. The aim is to lightly and evenly mist through the roots and any greasy parts without allowing it to build up in any one area. I find it best to do a second application if needed than to apply heavily. I find my fringe gets particularly greasy from my foundation and constantly running my fingers through it, and this works a treat to get me out the door quickly. I do manage to coat my bathroom, brush etc in white powder, so it's probably best to use this before getting dressed.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2011 10:22:00 AM More reviews by babyhutch

I have mid back length highlighted curly hair that I straighten. Straightening takes a loooong time and damages my hair so I try to go as long as I can between washings to limit the damage. I have a really oily scalp though so generally after one day my roots start to look oily and clump together. A couple quick sprays of this and a brush out later and my hair looks fresh and clean. My only complaint is that it gives my a hair a ton of volume which some would consider a plus but I prefer a more sleek look.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2011 7:57:00 PM More reviews by LadyBull

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Really good dry shampoo. It gives my hair an extra day between washes. Smells ok. I've re-purchased again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 8:19:00 AM More reviews by cren04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! I buy the 'blush' kind as it smells nicer. I have super oily hair so i use this every other day to keep my hair looking fresh. I spray it on the sides and underneath so when i tie my hair back the greasy bits underneath look refreshed. It doesnt leave a white powder residue which many others do and its pretty cheap, less than 2 quid. I have long hair so it runs out quite quickly but its great for a quick refresh in the morning if you arent washing your hair and you can also buy it in travel size which is great for weekends away or to keep in your handbag incase you end up staying out unexpectedly!
I have dark brown hair and it still workd brilliant for me although you can buy it especially for brunettes, havent tried it yet though.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 2:24:00 AM More reviews by kiwibop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have only found one place that sells this product, which is a bit frustrating because I love this. When I first saw the size of the bottle I was really worried that I wouldn't get many uses out of it and the price bothered me, too. The price is cheaper then other dry shampoos out there. I have gotten many uses from my first bottle. I was worried that I would have trouble with the product being white and I having dark hair, but I have had no trouble. I like how I have to barely press the nozzle to get the product onto my hair and I only need to use a few sprays. I have the type of hair that gets too oily after 24 hours and this product is great. It dries very quickly for me and as long as I brush it out well my hair looks how it looks once it dries after being washed. That's what really gets me and I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2011 1:18:00 PM More reviews by hannahecherry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I have tried at least 7-8 other dry shampoos all in varying sizes, prices exc. and this is the only dry shampoo I will buy from here on out. The different smells just depend on your own personal preferences. I tend to gravitate toward the blush...but the product is the perfect price, doesn't leave the "grey cast" on my light brown hair and keeps my style looking completely fresh on the day after washing. I actually prefer my hair the day after I shampoo now and I never thought that was possible.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2011 12:37:00 PM More reviews by bebexlove

My fave dry shampoo! Althought I haven't really used a lot of any other dry shampoos but why fix something that's not broken? Haha.. I've tried the baby powder.. but I wasn't impressed with the results. I also tried the Sally's Beauty Rock On dry shampoo.. hate the smell! I have tried the original and the blush from Batiste.. I'm not a fan of the original because of the scent.. but I do like the blush one.. I would love to try the other scents but cannot find them anywhere! But yeah.. Been using Batiste Blush for more than a year and it's definitely a keeper! (=

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2011 2:05:00 PM More reviews by brittbrat118820

Another positive review for this stuff. I've previously tried the tresseme dry shampoo (which didnt do anything) and baby powder, which left me with a white-ish cast to my roots. This works so much better than either of those. My roots tend to get oily between washes but I can just spray a bit of this on them and you can't even tell!! It's oil absorbing so it somewhat volumizes my hair too. I can go about 2 days without washing my hair. My hair is blonde and it leaves no residue or white-ish color to my hair. I have the original kind in the green can and I don't really like the scent of it, but it doesn't linger for long after you spray it. A little goes a long way with this stuff. I find if I use too much my hair tends to feel dry and powdery. Its pretty cheap too at about $6 or $7 at Sallys. I'll definetly continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2011 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Petale

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE LOVE LOVE it! My hair is a pretty bright colour and this doesn't leave me with that odd grey/white powdery look, i use this on my roots as my hair gets greasy so quickly and it also smells gorgeous too, get it!